I'm beginning to hate Mike Dantoni

WHY is it that STAT is out at the top of the key and you need a basket to stop a run? Post him up. He'll get you points or the foul. This guy is really getting on my nerves...

Its official. I hate this coaches style. They're D-ing up the pick and role and he doesnt have the sense to post up his best player. Knicks will lose this game and it cant be blamed on the players....

LeFlume

All Star
I sort of agree. Why didn't he change our gameplan when it's so obvious that shoots isen't falling. Get to the basket and change it up..but nothing. Same 'ol same 'ol..pull up Js

iJoe

Rotation player
You guys are just pointing out Stat's biggest weakness. He doesn't post up.... He's purely a driver and face up jump shooter. He'll throw some quick moves down low, but he hates backing down for some reason. Don't blame it all on the coach. He has to work with what he has. Gallo really could use a post up game as its pretty easy to guard him with a smaller player.

Same thing goes for Lebon bon and Carmelo. If they posted up more, they'd be absolutely unstoppable. Its a part of the game thats slowly dying :(

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
This is a classic D'Antoni win with a good team.

I don't like him as a coach either, but he's all we got for now. I also think he's stifling the development of Gallo. I don't know what the hell he tells that dude in practice, just be a statue and don't drive even tho people leave you wide open at the 3 point line and the D is rotating to double Amare. He's quick enough where it could be an easy basket or at least a foul instead he just jacks it up hot or cold hand.....

terrible offensive bball iq

Edit for a player with Gallo's tools he is a terrible NBA Offensive Basketball Player.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
STAT is a bigman w a face-up offensive style. MD actually puts him positions to do what he does. Nothing wrong w that. I could see the complaint if STAT played w his back to the basket but..

Even if STAT gets it in the post he still will face up his man. STAT likes to score quickly, runs the floor and he can shoot. He is the perfect big for this style of O.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I only want him there if he's goin to pass, other than that he should not be there. But In not sure what the style of this team is yet. I know its run and gun but It wont look like the PHX team.

I think Gallo is closer to reaching his ceiling than I thought. But i think he should forcus more on rebounding. He granbbed 6 easy ones by just being there. If he made an effort hecan average 10.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
STAT played at the top of the key because he'd turned the ball over 7 times at that stage.

Opponents can't double team at the top of the key. Too risky on open lane passing with an offensive threat handling the ball.

STAT moved back to the paint to reenforce his power game once the defence had adjusted to not double teaming him.

Starks

Starter
Jesus Christ its one Goddamn game!!!!!!!

Some of you guys sound like the NBA versions of those World of Warcraft nerds.

iSaYughh

Starter
Jesus Christ its one Goddamn game!!!!!!!

Some of you guys sound like the NBA versions of those World of Warcraft nerds.

+1,000

We win. Hold to < 100pt. 10blcks. It's 1 game, literally. And people are screaming about D'antoni.

Already it's been if we lose it's his fault; if we win it's the players'. Now, it's a step further; if we win, there's still a fault on him in that we should have won by more.

Starks

Starter
This is what you guys sound like when you nitpick and stuff that no one cares about...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DwyMB19q7ms?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DwyMB19q7ms?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

elcol

Rotation player
bad idea actually, defence was too aware and jumped onto the double team each time stat posted up. if yall saw the game stat either got trapped and had to pass back out or turned the ball over. he couldn't get much done in the post.

What Happened to the culture of the Knicks

I am old school having witnessed the only championships that the Knicks ever won in 1970 and 1973.

The current Knicks teams as well as the last 9 years bear no resemblance to those great teams. Mostly I put it on Isiah and Dolan who have turned a great franchise into a laughing stock.

The Knicks of old stressed passing and sharing the ball as well as having an unbelievable defense a TEAM defense.

Watching that raptor game the other night made me sick when I saw the guards just driving to the basket nearly untouched.

Just inexcusable.

The D'Antoni system is about the complete opposite of Red Holtzman's. Red would never put that offense in place and he would stress defense and rebounding first. Amare lacks both of these attributes and if Carmelo comes here he won't do the dirty work either.

To those that say that the role players need to do that you are delusional. Great players play both ends of the floor a la Frazier, Bradley, DeBusschere, Reed and even Earl Monroe.

This team needs a new culture. I don't think that the D'Antoni system is going to get them anywhere unless they find a Steve Nash clone that is only 26 years old.

The Spurs when they won championships played like the old Knickerbockers. Unselfishly, great D, managed their mistakes, played smart.

If the Knicks somehow get Carmelo and Chris Paul then maybe we will have something.

Right now we are just on the border of making the playoffs.

Not enough for me for a rotten nearly decade of pitiful basketball.

FU Isiah and Dolan!