The Official Crawford Sucks Thread

metrocard

Legend
Weren't you the one that posted the video to show how bad Craw's shot selection is??? Alrighty then. Being called an idiot by someone whose nickname around here is METROTARD doesn't hurt me a bit. Sticks and stones. You again show you are METROTARD with the Isiahsexual stuff because we have been through this on multiple threads. Again RIF( reading is fundamental). So its ok to worship a Steph who only played 24 games last year for which he made about a million a piece, but you roast Jamal who played his heart out for 80 games and was 5th in the NBA in minutes??? You really are METROTARD. You must live in your mama's basement because you don't have any clue of the value of a dollar these days because Steph has been stealing from his hometown squad ever since he put on the Knicks uni. Once again for the METROTARDED: ONE PLAYOFF APPEARANCE IN WHICH WE WERE SWEPT BY CROSSTOWN RIVALS.

Okay??????

metrocard

Legend
HEY YO...WHAT DOES JAMAL LOOK LIKE A FROG????

brick.jpg

+

istockphoto_1879934_basket_hoop.jpg

+

frog2.jpg

+

060915_elmo_vmed.widec.jpg

=

jamal-crawford.jpg

SMH @ Crawford trying to smash big black dudes...Crawford = homo???

KUN-JAMAL.jpg

CLASSIC CRAWFORD DEFENSE

21522929.jpg

Red

TYPE-A
Crawford became our best player/go to guy by default- he's the best of the worst. Right now on pure talent probably Marbury is the best on the team (at his position) and thats not saying much. Crawford lacks good decision making and court vision let alone he has no idea how to play solid defense and has an inconsistant game AT BEST. He's under the microscope because he's our first option (especially w/o Marbury) and don't get me wrong he's not entirely garbage but he's no superstar. He lacks a good all around game and to be the main go to guy just highlights his shortcomings. He's one of many avg. players on this below avg. team.
We need a bonified superstar. I read a post that defended Crawfords' efforts in keeping the team in a few games (by default) and it said it was hard to play on a team when others suck so much (and I agree) but also I will add real "superstars" find a way to not only still put up solid numbers but force others to step their games up also. Crawford is a Sixth man on a playoff team a starter on a lower tier team but doesn't have the complete skills to be team leader.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I wanna start by sayin that anyone who thinks im serious with the Telfair stuff is a F*ckin idiot and go hang yourself.

With that bein said, Crawford Sucks.

Crawford might be the most overrated Knick in history. Anyone who gave him a C- or higher in the Knicks Grades Thread I have one question, why?

Season Stats

19.8ppg
41.9fg%
33.7 3P%
4.7apg
2.71tpg

Career Stats

14.1ppg
40.3fg%
34.2 3P%
4apg
2.11tpg

People on his d*ck like they came out of it. Why does everyone think Crawford is a "B". When you take over 16 and a half shots per game (16.67 to be exact) you should be averagin more then 19.8ppg.

5.8 of these shots are 3 Point attempts. He shoots 4.5 free throws per game.
Im gonna make this easier for everyone to see:

10.9 2pt attempts
5.8 3pt attempts
4.5 free throw attempts

Anyone see whats wrong? Someone recently credited Larry Brown for correcting Crawfords problem of shootin more 3's then free throws. Please void that post.

Lets take a look at another player averaging around 20 points per game. How about Corey Maggette? Not one of my favorite players but we might see somethin interestin here. Crawford sexuals can learn sumthin.

Corey Maggette 2007-08 Stats

20.9ppg
46.8fg%
fga/fgm-6.4/13.7

You see that?

Crawford-16.67shots per game/19.8ppg
Maggette-13.7shots per game/20.9ppg

Maggettes takin 3 less shots but scorin 1 more point.

Crawford is not only a poor shooter but he shoots too much. He defines the word chucker. Anyone catchin feelings about my facts on Crawford needs to explain why he deserves a "B" to me. I want to know why.

Although stats dont always tell the whole story, they are conclusive enough here. Crawford is arguably the most overrated player in Knicks history. He deserves some heat takin off of him because of the other players on this team but I only talked about his offense. We aint even talkin about his defense or lack of.

<h1>When was the last time you watched a Knicks game!!! Jamal has done more work then anyone on that team. And that's the true!!! The Knicks leading scorer and make more assists than Marbury (who is suppose to be our leader--hahaha) The only player is who be working. He helped the Knicks to them 23 wins last season.
THINK ABOUT IT!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
When was the last time you watched a Knicks game!!! Jamal has done more work then anyone on that team. And that's the true!!! The Knicks leading scorer and make more assists than Marbury (who is suppose to be our leader--hahaha) The only player is who be working. He helped the Knicks to them 23 wins last season.
THINK ABOUT IT!!

You must not know about Team Starbury, but you're about to soon learn.

The question should not be if MSG watches Knicks games. The question should be if you watch Knicks games.

Jamal Crawford averages 5 assists per game, in 40 minutes.

Being that he spent a lot of time running the point, those are horrible assist numbers, for 40 minutes.

At that rate, it would take Crawford 80 minutes average 10 assists.

Jamal Crawford is no leader. Every team that he's led in scoring has turned worse than ever. The Chicgo Bulls were 30-52, in the 2002-2003 season. The following season, Jamal Crawford led the Bulls in scoring, and they finished 23-59. In the 2006-2007 season, the Knicks were 33-49. When Jamal Crawford led the team in scoring, in the 2007-2008 season, the Knicks finished 23-59.

Jamal Crawford is a role player. That's why he's never going to average 20 points ever again. Mike D'Antoni isn't stupid enough to play him 40 minutes a game, like Isiah Thomas did. Jamal Crawford is not the best player on this team. He's an iterim lead scorer, just like Curry. Remember when Curry led the Knicks in scoring? What happened to him now?

Starbury is going to lead the team in scoring this season, or if not, Randolph or Gallinari will.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
jamal crawford does not spend a lot of time running the point, what the hell are u watching???jamal crawford majority of the game played off the ball, why would u take the only thing he can do which is score away from him???dont confuse him having the ball alot wit him playing the point

jzero29

Rotation player
Where to start???

hes not my favourite player by no means but that dunt mean we have to hate him. ok hes not a gr8 player but hes our top scorer! at least he plays 110% every night which rare in our team. Marbury is twice the player but he doesnt know the meaning of team.

give credit when credit is due!
While I am not able to say steph is innocent, but his coach the last two years, has chosen to put the ball in a lesser players hands, taking it away from him, that would fustrate anyone, it is not as much the team he walked out on but the coach. He and Isiah just didn't get play nice together. When he did show up, the ball was put in crawfords hands, taking it away from marbury and his strengths. As far as crawford and team go, he doesn't make anyone better, he doesn't do anything except shoot and turn it over.

True that! Come on has JC EVER bailed out on a team by simply sayin I don't want to play? no. Marbury has on more then one occasion. Marbury only gives (when playing) 50%. No heart, no NEW YORK F#CKIN PRIDE!!!!.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
jamal crawford does not spend a lot of time running the point, what the hell are u watching???jamal crawford majority of the game played off the ball, why would u take the only thing he can do which is score away from him???dont confuse him having the ball alot wit him playing the point
What have you been watching? Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, and Fred Jones all took turns playing point guard, while Marbury was out. Jamal Crawford played shooting guard, most of the time, but he played a lot of point guard. Maybe you didn't notice, because you was so in love with Crawford's game, but I noticed. Who was taking Crawford's ability to score away from him? Are you claiming that point guards can't score? He scored, while he played point guard and shooting guard. That's a fact.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
What have you been watching? Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, and Fred Jones all took turns playing point guard, while Marbury was out. Jamal Crawford played shooting guard, most of the time, but he played a lot of point guard. Maybe you didn't notice, because you was so in love with Crawford's game, but I noticed. Who was taking Crawford's ability to score away from him? Are you claiming that point guards can't score? He scored, while he played point guard and shooting guard. That's a fact.

man i saw jarred jefferies takin the ball down more then crawford, crawford played off the ball 90% of the time and im not sayin u cant score while playing the point but wit crawford it would take away his effectiveness

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
man i saw jarred jefferies takin the ball down more then crawford, crawford played off the ball 90% of the time and im not sayin u cant score while playing the point but wit crawford it would take away his effectiveness
Now you're being delusional.
#1- Jared Jeffries never ran the point, last year.
#2- I said that Crawford MOSTLY PLAYED SHOOTING GUARD, so I don't know what your point is.
#3- Jamal Crawford played both guard positions, last year.
Why? Because Marbury was injured.
#4- Get a life, and stop trying to look for arguments with people. What's next? You're going to say that Eddy Curry never played center last year?
#5- Now I know why metrocard always attacks you. You look for the dumbest and smallest thing to argue about. Even Toons knows that Crawford played BOTH shooting guard and point guard, last year, while Marbury was injured.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Now you're being delusional.
#1- Jared Jeffries never ran the point, last year.
#2- I said that Crawford MOSTLY PLAYED SHOOTING GUARD, so I don't know what your point is.
#3- Jamal Crawford played both guard positions, last year.
Why? Because Marbury was injured.
#4- Get a life, and stop trying to look for arguments with people. What's next? You're going to say that Eddy Curry never played center last year?
#5- Now I know why metrocard always attacks you. You look for the dumbest and smallest thing to argue about. Even Toons knows that Crawford played BOTH shooting guard and point guard, last year, while Marbury was injured.

lol, aint nobody arguing....if this what u consider an argument then fine i guess thats what it is but to me its not, yeah jamal saw some time at the point but very little,and yeah i do remember jared jefferies playin the point forward and turning the ball over a bunch of times....?? and now i need a life???what ever u say man

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
make up ur mind homie
Lol I'm an elite poster on this site. You're jealous of me, because I'm already above you in posting, despite you being here 4 years. I have 2 rep points, in less than a 1/4 of the time you've been here, so you're trying to get hype from fabricating quotes that I write.

I said that he spent a lot of time at the point, which is a fact. I also said that he mostly played shooting guard. Here's a direct quote of one of my posts:

"What have you been watching? Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, and Fred Jones all took turns playing point guard, while Marbury was out. Jamal Crawford played shooting guard, most of the time, but he played a lot of point guard. Maybe you didn't notice, because you was so in love with Crawford's game, but I noticed. Who was taking Crawford's ability to score away from him? Are you claiming that point guards can't score? He scored, while he played point guard and shooting guard. That's a fact."

Try again, cause that was a weak attempt by you to gain hype on this site.

P.S.- Jamal Crawford was the starting point guard for the Knicks, in every game in January, after Marbury left. Look up the boxscores, if you want.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Lol I'm an elite poster on this site. You're jealous of me, because I'm already above you in posting, despite you being here 4 years. I have 2 rep points, in less than a 1/4 of the time you've been here, so you're trying to get hype from fabricating quotes that I write.

I said that he spent a lot of time at the point, which is a fact. I also said that he most played shooting guard. Here's a direct quote of one of my posts:

"What have you been watching? Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford, and Fred Jones all took turns playing point guard, while Marbury was out. Jamal Crawford played shooting guard, most of the time, but he played a lot of point guard. Maybe you didn't notice, because you was so in love with Crawford's game, but I noticed. Who was taking Crawford's ability to score away from him? Are you claiming that point guards can't score? He scored, while he played point guard and shooting guard. That's a fact."

Try again, cause that was a weak attempt by you to gain hype on this site.

lol, u think cuz u got 2 rep points makes u somebody bigger on this site???LOL, ayo homie, i got more rep points then u, i just dont kno how to make it public and i was on this site b4 that was even an option

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol, u think cuz u got 2 rep points makes u somebody bigger on this site???LOL, ayo homie, i got more rep points then u, i just dont kno how to make it public and i was on this site b4 that was even an option
Like I said, look at the boxscores. Jamal Crawford started @ point guard, in every game that Marbury missed in January.
I'm not making this up. These are facts. If you can't handle the truth, because you love Jamal Crawford, that's your problem. He started in other games, at point guard, by the way. I just don't feel like checking all the boxscores. That's for you to do, since you think people are making things up.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Like I said, look at the boxscores. Jamal Crawford started @ point guard, in every game that Marbury missed in January.
I'm not making this up. These are facts. If you can't handle the truth, because you love Jamal Crawford, that's your problem. He started in other games, at point guard, by the way. I just don't feel like checking all the boxscores. That's for you to do, since you think people are making things up.

i dont love crawford, he could go kick rocks for all i care, we havent won anything wit him on da squad so i could care less if he was to leave

Toons

is the Bo$$
u guys rely on box scores too much....and the arguing over crawford is redundant. yeah, the papers say he started as point, but it dosent say what position he played during the games. Crawford played both point and shooting guard, im sure i remember correctly. IMO, he played both 50/50, sometimes he played point because he was forced, other times he just looked like the point guard. Once again, the stats lie. Crawford made many nice passes that were fumbled by david lee, eddy curry, and the leauge rules state that it is the passers fault for not knowing the recievers capabilities. Crawford would have averaged 7 assists easily, but eddy curry couldnt hit a damn hook shot to save his life, jefferies couldnt make a lay in, and zach took 3 pointers when he could have stepped in and hit a 20 footer. Can we please refer to games rather than box scores? Crawford isnt good enough to deserve all of this attention. He isnt overrated, he isnt underrated, he just is jamal crawford. No1 worships him, no1 makes excuses for him. TS members like marbury for his talent, and make excuses for his attitude and corruption, personally, that is not enough for me. You all criticize him for not being a leader...he isnt. Not every1 on the floor is a leader. We have to live with that. Crawford is a starter on the knicks because we suck. He is a role player, he can thrive as a role player, maybe even 6th man if it wasnt for manu. Yeah, crawford sucks....the knicks suck. i guess we can open an official "the new york knicks suck" thread next then? right? cuz i can bring the stats, rankings and everything to shut down any1 who disagrees. Ther eis no I in team, so marbury sucks as well because he couldnt take the knicks anywhere on his own, crawford cant either, and as donnie walsh said, no 1 man can rejuvinate the knicks.

CAP SPACE IN 2010!!!!

Crawford made many nice passes that were fumbled by david lee, eddy curry, and the leauge rules state that it is the passers fault for not knowing the recievers capabilities.

While I agree that Crawfords numbers may have been helped if his teammates converted more, I'm not giving him a pass on his bad defense and overall poor shot selection. Part of being a good player is knowing your strengths, and this guy must think he lacks weaknesses because he plays anything goes ball. I'm not a fan of breaking your man off the dribble, to only take a tough fade away shot as if this is street ball. I'm not a fan of his 3 turnovers a game because he won't adjust his crossover some to not commit traveling violations in key moments every game. I'm not a fan of him being our best ft shooter, but never making it to the line enough to capitolize. And I'm certainly not a fan of his terrible defense.

Plus, the logic that you use to defend him about his teammates needing to pick up his passes better, Steph has been dealing with his whole career and still managed to post 20 and 8. The overall list of players that Steph played with have not been a very talented group. Crawford has played with more talent with worse results. And on top of that, he does not get better.

Crawford sucks , not because he really sucks. But he sucks because he has about as much talent as most anyone in the league, but does not try and get better mentally. There are guys with half his talent building better careers because they work to improve each year. Crawford is not getting better. And really, it's sad because he could be a really good player if he went to see the Wiz, and requested a brain.

Toons

is the Bo$$
While I agree that Crawfords numbers may have been helped if his teammates converted more, I'm not giving him a pass on his bad defense and overall poor shot selection. Part of being a good player is knowing your strengths, and this guy must think he lacks weaknesses because he plays anything goes ball. I'm not a fan of breaking your man off the dribble, to only take a tough fade away shot as if this is street ball. I'm not a fan of his 3 turnovers a game because he won't adjust his crossover some to not commit traveling violations in key moments every game. I'm not a fan of him being our best ft shooter, but never making it to the line enough to capitolize. And I'm certainly not a fan of his terrible defense.

Plus, the logic that you use to defend him about his teammates needing to pick up his passes better, Steph has been dealing with his whole career and still managed to post 20 and 8. The overall list of players that Steph played with have not been a very talented group. Crawford has played with more talent with worse results. And on top of that, he does not get better.

Crawford sucks , not because he really sucks. But he sucks because he has about as much talent as most anyone in the league, but does not try and get better mentally. There are guys with half his talent building better careers because they work to improve each year. Crawford is not getting better. And really, it's sad because he could be a really good player if he went to see the Wiz, and requested a brain.

I may not be a popular member on this site because of who i support and why, but i am respected for my knowledge of the game....my comments require responses. No team jamal crawford played on was better than a team marbury played on. Marbury played with Kevin Garnet for gods sake, KG has the hands of an nfl wide reciever, he would go insane if he drops a pass, he also played with defensive minded nets team which would have killed our knicks, i remember marbury having chris paul type games, 20 n 14 with 5 steals n shit, he played with shooters like KVH, kerry kittles, and gill, lastly he played on a youthful, energetic phx squad, steph, joe johnson, matrix, amare, barbosa, etc. (this season he averaged 13 and 4) on a butterfinger knicks team. In chi town, crawfords best shooter played his position, and that shooter was a injured jalen rose. I would say ron mercer was a good shooter as well, but not compared to the talent marbury played with all his career. Im not defending crawford, if u read carefully u would see that. I hate how he palms the ball, and his shot selection is sketchy, but it is improving.