NYK.gif
at.png
IND.gif

(13-54) -- (42-25)

VenueTVTIME
Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, INMSG7:00 PM EST

EMERGENCY GAME THREAD

Game Preview

Two nationally televised road games in the past few days turned into clunkers for the Indiana Pacers, and their grip on the third seed in the Eastern Conference no longer is secure.

After double-digit losses in Milwaukee and Philadelphia, the Pacers hope to get back on track Tuesday night when they host the league-worst New York Knicks.

Indiana and Philadelphia share the same 42-25 record but the Pacers lost the head-to-head tiebreaker with the 76ers when they coughed up a 14-point first-half lead and took a 106-89 loss on Sunday afternoon. The loss in Philadelphia occurred three days after the Pacers shot 38.9 percent in a 117-98 loss in Milwaukee.

On Sunday, the Pacers shot 37.3 percent, missed 15 free throws and were outrebounded 52-44. Indiana particularly struggled in the second half by shooting 23.7 percent and getting outscored 55-30.

"If we're the team we think we are, these are the kind of games we've got to win," Indiana center Myles Turner said. "I think we're capable of winning games like this."

Indiana is 10-10 since losing Victor Oladipo to a season-ending right knee injury on Jan. 23 and has lost five of its last seven games as fifth-seeded Boston is starting to get rolling. Those past seven games follow a stretch in which Indiana won eight of nine from Feb. 2-23.

During this slump, the Pacers are averaging 105.1 points, 45.2 shooting percentage and 24.4 assists while allowing 110.6 points.

"We've got to figure out a way to get ourselves back into that Pacer mode, where we're moving the ball, driving, kicking, making plays for each other," Indiana forward Thaddeus Young said. "Right now, we're just out of sync and we just have to get back to it."

The Pacers will hope to get back in sync just in time for what comes after their final meeting with New York. On Thursday the Pacers host Oklahoma City to start a stretch of eight straight games against teams currently in the top eight of their conferences.

New York heads to Indiana on a six-game losing streak after starting a three-game road trip with a 103-92 loss at Minnesota on Sunday. The Knicks are on their fourth skid of at least six games.

New York also has scored less than 100 points in three straight games and in 11 of its last 21 games. The Knicks also dropped to 0-20 when scoring less than 100 points after shooting 43 percent and committing 17 turnovers Sunday.

Damyean Dotson scored 26 points but most of New York's struggles were around the rim and in the paint. The Knicks were 20-for-48 in the paint and were 17-for-36 on layups and dunks.

"We missed a lot of easy shots around the rim,'' Knicks coach David Fizdale said. "That really, really hurt us, especially on the road."

Indiana won the first three meetings with the Knicks when Oladipo averaged 25 points and the Pacers are attempting to sweep the season series third time in the last five seasons. The Pacers also are 12-1 in the last 13 home meetings.

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .. It will be nice to see how MitchRob hold up to the Pacers Turner, and how well DSJ go up against Collison

Kiyaman

Legend
Dotson consistent 2-Way performance are screaming Keeper!
The Knicks looked good in the first half having the 3-guard offense on the court of Mudiay/DSJ/and Dotson .. i would try that lineup again in the 2nd half because Collison's taking advantage of DSJ

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks losing it in the 3rd qtr. letting the Pacers go on a 9-0 run to outscore the knicks 18-30 in the quarter

Broadway

All Star
Bogo and McDermott did whatever they wanted against Knox/Dotson/Trier disgusting defense by all three tonight

Kiyaman

Legend
Not lookin good for the Knicks 81-95 Pacers having 8 min remaining in the game .. Collison's out playing Mudiay too.

Broadway

All Star
Not lookin good for the Knicks 81-95 Pacers having 8 min remaining in the game .. Collison's out playing Mudiay too.

Collison has guys who know how to get open and shots from everywhere on the court without having the ball in their hands to set it up first. Mudiay has actually played well tonight unlike his past couple dud games. He isn't the problem tonight. The defense of Knox/Trier/Dot has been

tiger0330

Legend
Just looked at the schedule of the remaining games and it ain't easy. My bet 3-11 over the last 14 to break the Knicks record of 17-65 for the worst season in franchise history. Why is Mills still here when the 2 worst losing seasons in histoey were under his watch?

Kiyaman

Legend
Collison has guys who know how to get open and shots from everywhere on the court without having the ball in their hands to set it up first. Mudiay has actually played well tonight unlike his past couple dud games. He isn't the problem tonight. The defense of Knox/Trier/Dot has been

Head coach Nate McMillan offense/defense system worked well in Portland and Indiana.
We need a any means necessary play-off head coach that will be a Knick for 5 or more years.

mafra

Legend
Just looked at the schedule of the remaining games and it ain't easy. My bet 3-11 over the last 14 to break the Knicks record of 17-65 for the worst season in franchise history. Why is Mills still here when the 2 worst losing seasons in histoey were under his watch?

Dolan said today on the Kay show how he and Mills go waaaaaay back. As long as Dolan owns the Knicks, Mills will be loitering over the team.

All our eggs are in the Perry basket now... finding Robinson helps his status within MSG.
Knox is an incomplete bc of his age... I mean, I can see Knox becoming something special surrounding by free agent studs and RJ or Zion.

I think Frank and Mitch can be defensive compliments to this too.

But, we are stuck with Mills. And Dolan.

The good news is that in 4 months, we pretty much know the fate of this team for the next 5 years.

We could be really good or really bad.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dolan said today on the Kay show how he and Mills go waaaaaay back. As long as Dolan owns the Knicks, Mills will be loitering over the team.

All our eggs are in the Perry basket now... finding Robinson helps his status within MSG.
Knox is an incomplete bc of his age... I mean, I can see Knox becoming something special surrounding by free agent studs and RJ or Zion.

The good news is that in 4 months, we pretty much know the fate of this team for the next 5 years.

Is it true what they say,
"Don't blame the player blame the organization"

Dolan still havn't learn how to say something factual to please Knick fans.
Mills been a part of MSG organization for over 20 yrs .. Mills knowledge of basketball is one word "don't".
Mills need to go back to MSG production, and Dolan need to sell the Knicks asap.
In the past decade Dolan/Mills has put the Knicks so deep in the LOSER hole, that the Knicks front-office need immediate renovation for a 360 turn around. The Knicks organization may need to hire one person to be the GM/Head-Coach, having the privileged to hire 2 NBA ex-head coaches to put on the Knicks coaching-staff.

Broadway

All Star

His interview was a complete disaster and destroyed any notion he's changed over the yrs at the very least regressed back to being the worst owner in sports. Pure damage control because he knows the optics were rotten. Max Kellerman killed him on First Take.

Knits is going to be traded on draft night prepare your goodbyes to him

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
what is the use of analyzing the best ways to win or what we should've done to win the game if the target is to lose it? i think we should concentrate on how good each individual player is cause the team is losing on purpose....

His interview was a complete disaster and destroyed any notion he's changed over the yrs at the very least regressed back to being the worst owner in sports. Pure damage control because he knows the optics were rotten. Max Kellerman killed him on First Take.

Knits is going to be traded on draft night prepare your goodbyes to him

I don?t have much to add on Dolan. He is what he?s always been. If he costs us free agents that we might have gotten without his presence, there is very little anyone can do to fix that.

I agree that Ntilikina will be traded imminently. I like Ntilikina. I stand by his rookie season. Year 2 should have been better, instead it has been a lost year. Dolan made a comment that more or less confirmed what others have said. Taking Ntilikina was the final straw for PJ losing the job.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don’t have much to add on Dolan. He is what he’s always been. If he costs us free agents that we might have gotten without his presence, there is very little anyone can do to fix that.

I agree that Ntilikina will be traded imminently. I like Ntilikina. I stand by his rookie season. Year 2 should have been better, instead it has been a lost year. Dolan made a comment that more or less confirmed what others have said. Taking Ntilikina was the final straw for PJ losing the job.

Firing HOF Phil Jackson before draft night would have looked like a personal decision from the foolish hands-on owner Dolan.
To Fire the president of a company would be the owner decision (Dolan) which was made because of Phil's social media (twitter) comment toward Dolan's Golden boy Melo, plus the big trade rumor of Phil looking to trade KP.
Phil being FIRED had nothing to do with the draft selection he made on draft night .. that high decision were made weeks or month before the draft.

Last night game vs the Pacers the poor defensive effort Mudiay & DSJ perform let the Pacers PG Collison score at will plus dish out 9 Dimes. The best reliable PG the Knicks has on their roster names are Frank (Knits) & Kadeem !!!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Firing HOF Phil Jackson before draft night would have looked like a personal decision from the foolish hands-on owner Dolan.
To Fire the president of a company would be the owner decision (Dolan) which was made because of Phil's social media (twitter) comment toward Dolan's Golden boy Melo, plus the big trade rumor of Phil looking to trade KP.
Phil being FIRED had nothing to do with the draft selection he made on draft night .. that high decision were made weeks or month before the draft.

Last night game vs the Pacers the poor defensive effort Mudiay & DSJ perform let the Pacers PG Collison score at will plus dish out 9 Dimes. The best reliable PG the Knicks has on their roster names are Frank (Knits) & Kadeem !!!

I can understand that you are optimistic about Frank, I want him to succeed too, he looks like a smart kid with nice physical tools. but to place him on top of DSJ and Mudiay is not fair. we saw Frank many times in the games, as much as i wanted him to be good, he looked lost, more lost than Knox. he is a very good defender, but in the offence he could not do anything. DSJ makes you want to watch the game and gives you hope, the current Frank make you feel pessimistic while watching him...

Kiyaman

Legend
I can understand that you are optimistic about Frank, I want him to succeed too, he looks like a smart kid with nice physical tools. but to place him on top of DSJ and Mudiay is not fair. we saw Frank many times in the games, as much as i wanted him to be good, he looked lost, more lost than Knox. he is a very good defender, but in the offence he could not do anything. DSJ makes you want to watch the game and gives you hope, the current Frank make you feel pessimistic while watching him...

Frank's 2nd season performance under Fizdale's Iso-offense system, and change of starter-lineup and rotation every other game had me seeing the Knicks Tanking the 2018-19 season as early as the Knicks first 6 regular season games (1-5). And no Knick player performed as lost as shoot first think later Knox.
The difference from DSJ and Mudiay from Frank has been very easy to watch this season, opponents build big 12 to 20 pt leads on the Knicks when DSJ or Mudiay are on the court. Frank my not be a scorer but he does things to keep opponents lead on the Knicks under double digits.

Kadeem Allen losing all that weight in the off-season had a grade B performance at the point for the Knicks in10 games that has top all the Knicks PG this season.
DSJ & Mudiay inconsistency has prove their skills are not Starters or Finishers in the NBA, especially against the Western Conference Guards .. Curry, Harden, CP3, Klay, Lillard, Westbrook, PG13, Mitchell, Conley, Lou Williams, Derozan, CJ McCollum, Holiday, Murray, Fox, and Lebron James. The above guards had DSJ & Mudiay relocate to the Eastern conference.