Jr Smith resigns with the New York Knicks........oh boy

Kiyaman

Legend
U mean who else could we get to shoot 18 times a night , dribble for 20 seconds and then play no defense ?

And to the dude who says many players club are u kidding ? It's the playoffs and he was just suspended.
Jr is a dumbass

:agreed: n :agreed:

JR is a one year contract player, no NBA team will trade for him.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
So yall didn't want monta, didn't want jr, its no pleasing knicks fans... do y'all realize that sometimes the best growtg of a team is through gelling and that teams can get better that way and not acquiring new players all the time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I guess Kiyaman and the rest of you guys were right. There were no better offers out there for JR.

Wonder if he'll opt for the early bird rights deal or sign a 1 year deal to get a bigger payday when the Knicks have his bird rights.

the rest of the leagues front offices are smarter than ours. shame.

whatevs

New New York

Quiet Storm
We've got no $$$, whoever we pick up for vet min isnt going to save us.

Who said we were going into this off season looking for a savior?

Ok was it the loss to Indy or The Nets getting KG and Peirce that sent everyone into full blown pessimism mode?

We won more games last year than we have since Jeff Van Gundy coached us! We went further in the playoffs than we have in this millennium

I mean I get it, I want to be confident that we improved heading into each year, yet the common misconception is that the way to improve is to constantly be bringing in new players.

There was a thread entitled "Can Knicks build a team like Spurs" well lets look at one of the key reasons for success and that is stability with the roster. The Spurs draft solid and make minor tweaks...now having Parker and Duncan allows that

Point is, These huge overhauls each year do not equate to success

Now consider our Front Office is not taking on long term deals (amen) then it takes some crafty moves. Look Bargs, JR, Brand, Kmart, Aaron Brooks and Priggs could end up being all of our new additions and summer signings this year and I think that would be good enough to take us another step closer...albeit not a championship team yet

We gotta build a culture of winning

JR is JR! He is gonna give headaches both on and off the court, but when he is on our team is as good as any team in The League.

If JR had all the qualities you guys are upset about him not having he'd be a max player!

Paul1355

All Star
For 5 mil a year and a little bit improvement with shot selection is worth 5 mil a year....

but i still worry about this...

however Dave Rothenberg made a good point....we wont notice when he is playing but we will when he isnt because we lose so much

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Who said we were going into this off season looking for a savior?

Ok was it the loss to Indy or The Nets getting KG and Peirce that sent everyone into full blown pessimism mode?

We won more games last year than we have since Jeff Van Gundy coached us! We went further in the playoffs than we have in this millennium

I mean I get it, I want to be confident that we improved heading into each year, yet the common misconception is that the way to improve is to constantly be bringing in new players.

There was a thread entitled "Can Knicks build a team like Spurs" well lets look at one of the key reasons for success and that is stability with the roster. The Spurs draft solid and make minor tweaks...now having Parker and Duncan allows that

Point is, These huge overhauls each year do not equate to success

Now consider our Front Office is not taking on long term deals (amen) then it takes some crafty moves. Look Bargs, JR, Brand, Kmart, Aaron Brooks and Priggs could end up being all of our new additions and summer signings this year and I think that would be good enough to take us another step closer...albeit not a championship team yet

We gotta build a culture of winning

JR is JR! He is gonna give headaches both on and off the court, but when he is on our team is as good as any team in The League.

If JR had all the qualities you guys are upset about him not having he'd be a max player!

If we had 2 players who could alter the game like Tony Parker and Tim Duncan I wouldnt be making this much of a fuss. But we've got Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire with a supporting cast of Ray Felton, JR Smith and Tyson Chandler, hardly San Antonio.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Not to mention is he does sign his contract, IT'S FOR 4 YEARS...Potentially 4 more years of JR Sniff is nauseating

Rob Low

Rotation player
If we had 2 players who could alter the game like Tony Parker and Tim Duncan I wouldnt be making this much of a fuss. But we've got Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire with a supporting cast of Ray Felton, JR Smith and Tyson Chandler, hardly San Antonio.

Melo>>>>Parker and Duncan

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
The Knicks needed J.R. Smith back. His character has gotten better, otherwise he would not be Sixth Man of the Year. The contract offer to him is more than reasonable. All of you are aware of what the Knicks are capable of and individual players are capable of. I believe there is a chance the Knicks can still be contenders. Iman looks to be improving and the team will for the most part be more familiar with eachother. One thing the Knicks have not had for a while is a consistent roster. Chemistry and health is the biggest issue and I trust Mike Woodson will do a better job this coming year.

Overall good sign, good contract. As for Bargnani, his contract sucks but should be given a chance. Prigioni will be back another good sign, Elton Brand decent veteran min.

Felton, Prigioni, (Aaron Brooks??)
Iman, J.R., Hardaway
Melo, (Maurice Evans???)
Amare, Andrea, (Kenyon Martin???), (Elton Brand???)
Chandler, (Jerome Jordan??)

Not the best group but can be with the right coaching.

Last edited:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
if anything, hed be a great throw in piece in a trade if any good ones ever come up and (i really dont care how much tax we pay, not my problem) we need sallaries like JR's to entice other teams to take amare or chandler, or can be a good fill in salary

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Sadly there are NBA clubbers who are irresponsible. LeBron and Wade aren't one of them.

Smith has been reported on numerous accounts for drinking, getting high and using other drugs.

Plus, he always fooling around with some female (Tahiry, Rhianna, etc)

He's not a serious professional. He got skills and talent, but it's hard to say if he's really focus on taking his game to the next level and helping this team win a championship.

Agreed, he has everything now he needs to want it and he needs to get pushed to want it. Woodson has done a terrific job coaching him but he's by no means done or earned a pass/green light -- very few players ever do. He needs to push him more and keep him focused on the concept, the same concept that saw Jr win 6th man. That's the player we all want and who we resigned love it or hate it this guys gonna be a knick for at least 4 more years. Let's hope he keeps the concept that won him acclaim and recognition and transforms to the postseason clutch performer we know he can be.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Why don't you just kill yourself if your so depressed about this team, then we don't have to read your **** anymore.

That sounds..a bit dramatic huh?

My apologies for not believing in, what you obviously think is a Knicks superteam.

Without Jason Kidd's I.Q. this is a very dumb team, if you think we'll be able to match last years success then I dont know what to tell you.

To each their own, Go Knicks! :beer:

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I find myself repeating this over and over again:

Jerome James got 5 mil a year, JR is worth this even on a bad day. Plus we couldn't use that money on anyone else anyway. Either sign him or let him walk as we don't have enough cap space to sign someone straight out.

Would be nice to have Cope back but I think he deserves more than we can offer, I'm happy with Stat, melo, JR and Bargi putting up the point. Now Grunny bring me another decent point and some REBOUNDING and i'm a happy knicks fan.

Oh by the way, if shump is healthy and keeps improving we might have an all star in our hands one of these days

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
if jr leaves everyone is going to **** on grunnies life, but if he resigns.. wait everyones still going to **** on grunnies life