Nash doesn't want to go to the Knicks

CA7

Scoring Champ
How can you see Nash meshing with LeBron but not Carmelo, LeBron holds on to the ball too much and would turn Nash into an off the ball player, regardless i don't want him anyway, we don't anymore defensive liabilities just stick with Lin if not go after Lowry, Curry or Hinrich all who may be available for us

Paul1355

All Star
Nash would be nice but if he doesnt want NY, then let him to go to Dallas or Miami or whatever....i really don't care

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Old age or not, Nash's game is dependent on good spot up shooters and players movement. We have neither.

The only thing getting Nash would do is putting Knicks over the cap.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Are you surprised? He's like 38 and only has about 2 years left. He wants to play for a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber team. Do the Knicks fit that criteria? Food for thought

There are othe PGs that NY can get who can contribute pretty good

I don't mind at all that you post here. I am not someone who will question the motivations of fellow man. And it's healthy to get this perspective from someone who sees the game through the eyeglasses of the Heat. That's true diversity, a diversity of ideas.

I will tell you that Nash is not going to Heat, because I think he will go where he can find comfort and play some style that is good for him. I do not think Nash will run to the "sure thing" for a championship. Heat is not a good fit for him just like Knicks is not a good fit for him.

And I also heard Novak is going to Heat. Sigh. They are really setting up something down there.

**** all those gloryhunters joining the Heat!

I've already lost all respect for Battier and Turiaf.

If Nash and Novak join them too I hope they tear a ligament or something. It's just not fair and against the spirit of the league to form a superteam somewhere. Those ****ing Heat somehow managed to cheat and get that done...**** the salary cap, it's useless. Only thing it does is hurt teams like the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls and a couple others.

We can't compete with Miami because of the damn cap, but they cheated the cap...**** it.

The NBA should just allow a transfer system like in European Soccer so Dolan could buy us a few championships...get Kyrie for $40 million, Bynum for $50 million, Iggy for $40 million, sell Amar'e for $20-30 million, get Kevin Love for $60-70 million etc. our options would be countless and the best thing about it is Dolan could do all this financially.

**** the small market teams, I only care about the Knicks. I couldn't care less whether Cleveland and Minnesota would have to play in front of 3000 people every night and finish bottom for the next 10+ years.

With the way Miami cheated their way around the cap all other big market teams got ****ed for the next 5 years (until Wade, Bosh, Lebitch start to age).

They might win it this year, they'll get even better role players next year...they're as good as Team USA ca 2004. It's ridiculous.

We have plenty of money to spend but we're not allowed to....smh

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
And I also heard Novak is going to Heat. Sigh. They are really setting up something down there.
Can you blame him for going there?

If Novak comes off the bench, he will become option 1, 2. or 3 for most of the teams. If playoffs was any indication of whats coming for him, a high screen by Tyson is the most he will ever get from Woodson.

It's pathetic to watch the best 3 shooter in the league and not getting plays designed for him!

Go where a team will appreciate your talent, Novak!

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
**** all those gloryhunters joining the Heat!

I've already lost all respect for Battier and Turiaf.

If Nash and Novak join them too I hope they tear a ligament or something. It's just not fair and against the spirit of the league to form a superteam somewhere. Those ****ing Heat somehow managed to cheat and get that done...**** the salary cap, it's useless. Only thing it does is hurt teams like the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls and a couple others.

We can't compete with Miami because of the damn cap, but they cheated the cap...**** it.

The NBA should just allow a transfer system like in European Soccer so Dolan could buy us a few championships...get Kyrie for $40 million, Bynum for $50 million, Iggy for $40 million, sell Amar'e for $20-30 million, get Kevin Love for $60-70 million etc. our options would be countless and the best thing about it is Dolan could do all this financially.

**** the small market teams, I only care about the Knicks. I couldn't care less whether Cleveland and Minnesota would have to play in front of 3000 people every night and finish bottom for the next 10+ years.

With the way Miami cheated their way around the cap all other big market teams got ****ed for the next 5 years (until Wade, Bosh, Lebitch start to age).

They might win it this year, they'll get even better role players next year...they're as good as Team USA ca 2004. It's ridiculous.

We have plenty of money to spend but we're not allowed to....smh

So what if the Knicks were the ones to sign Lebron and Wade and had the super team. Wouldn't your view of super teams be different?

metrocard

Legend
If Nash goes to the Heat, I can seriously see them winning 73-75 games if healthy.

Nash
Wade
James

would the greatest passing/offensive and just the best 1-2-3 combo in NBA history.

If Nash goes to the Heat, I can seriously see them winning 73-75 games if healthy.

Nash
Wade
James

would the greatest passing/offensive and just the best 1-2-3 combo in NBA history.

I'd prefer

Harper
Jordan
Pippen

and maybe even

Magic
Cooper
Worthy

Nash is not the 2004 Nash anymore, keep that in mind.

metrocard

Legend
How can you see Nash meshing with LeBron but not Carmelo, LeBron holds on to the ball too much and would turn Nash into an off the ball player, regardless i don't want him anyway, we don't anymore defensive liabilities just stick with Lin if not go after Lowry, Curry or Hinrich all who may be available for us

You want Melo but not Nash? Are you RETARDED? Passing is our biggest weakness by far, our defense will be even with you guarding the PG position, Nash's defense will be no worries.

Our offense is the problem.

and LeBron doesn't hold the ball too long, you're 100% wrong. LeBron has high IQ and is always producing. This is a 6"8 265 lb PG/SG/SF guy who averages 27+ ppg and 7 + assist...get lost dude, Nash and LeBron would easily be the greatest passing duo and would get nothing but EASY shots for Miami being the elite passers they are, along with Wade who's a great passer also.

BALL MOVEMENT at its best folks, something Melo kills.

So what if the Knicks were the ones to sign Lebron and Wade and had the super team. Wouldn't your view of super teams be different?

Wade was never coming to NY. Not even in our wildest dreams.

And no, my oppinion wouln't change just because it's the Knicks.

Either every (big market) team gets the chance to create a superteam by removing the salary cap or no team should be allowed to.

Miami will have a wide open field for the next 5 years.

Nobody in the East is even close and in the West San Antonio are probably on their last run, the Lakers are in serious decline, Oklahoma won't be able to resign everybody (Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Ibaka) due to the cap and the Clippers are missing a few pieces and overpaied on DeAndre.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Can you blame him for going there?

If Novak comes off the bench, he will become option 1, 2. or 3 for most of the teams. If playoffs was any indication of whats coming for him, a high screen by Tyson is the most he will ever get from Woodson.

It's pathetic to watch the best 3 shooter in the league and not getting plays designed for him!

Go where a team will appreciate your talent, Novak!

Nope. I won't blame him if it is true. Same for Lin. Thing is, this whole thing is not about gratitude or sticking out for the team. There is no such thing in this league anymore. The franchise and the fans will be the first ones to trade you off or waiver you if they don't think you serve their best interest anymore. Why should it be any different for the players? I support and respect them if they want glory or growth. It's not like they are Lebron, whom a franchise was built on anyway.

I've always said I am a basketball fan first and foremost because if I am not a basketball fan first, I will not be able to appreciate the game and the team. And I agree, they should go where their talent will be appreciated and nurtured and used to the fullest. Their talent should not be wasted and hidden so that others can shine.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
You want Melo but not Nash? Are you RETARDED? Passing is our biggest weakness by far, our defense will be even with you guarding the PG position, Nash's defense will be no worries.

Our offense is the problem.

and LeBron doesn't hold the ball too long, you're 100% wrong. LeBron has high IQ and is always producing. This is a 6"8 265 lb PG/SG/SF guy who averages 27+ ppg and 7 + assist...get lost dude, Nash and LeBron would easily be the greatest passing duo and would get nothing but EASY shots for Miami being the elite passers they are, along with Wade who's a great passer also.

BALL MOVEMENT at its best folks, something Melo kills.

LeBron does have the ball the entire game even if he's producing it isn't my point on top of that Nash has never been a good off the ball player and LeBron isn't a good enough shooter to play off Nash........facts

Melo is a scorer so I guess every scorer is a ball movement killer

I want Melo on this team because he wants to be here, LeBron doesn't, Nash doesn't so **** them

My last point is we can say Melo doesn't understand team ball but thats not proven, hence since Woodson has taken over he's become a better leader and all around player. All great players had a little selfishness its needed sometimes to be honest but if we don't have faith in our best player we will just be bitchin and moanin about everything and its gettin annoying, I've yet to see any positivity regarding Melo

He's an ISO player

We gave up too much

Doesn't play defense

How about

He is the best scorer in the NBA

Great rebounder

Great passer

Bought in to playin tough defense

Clutch performer

Only player to average 20+ points and make the playoffs every year in his career

Melo has room to grow in New York and I know he will perform at a high level next year and lead us to a conference final

LV&C

Benchwarmer
How about

He is the best scorer in the NBA

Great rebounder

Great passer

Bought in to playin tough defense

Clutch performer

Only player to average 20+ points and make the playoffs every year in his career

Melo has room to grow in New York and I know he will perform at a high level next year and lead us to a conference final

I think Melo is a good player but saying he is the best scorer in the NBA is a bit too much. I think many are better at scoring. Another thing is, Melo is a veteran, a superstar. He's not some rookie that gets the benefit of patience from us waiting for him to 'grow and perform at a high level'. He's supposed to be already mature as a player, at his peak and perform at that level. No excuses. I don't know about others but having been recruited and paid as 'the face' of the Knicks, I expected more from him this season, not next year. Why were we supposed to wait for next year?

Last edited:

Bharan

Rookie
I personally hope that Nash goes to the Heat or the Lakers. The Lakers have the bigs necessary to get a chip. Of course they are getting older, so it would be interesting to see how/where they get the athleticism they need.