JR Smith Price Tag dropping

Kiyaman

Legend
Nah thats all-right let JR go to the next team....JR did not step-up after the injury to Shump.
We gave JR.Smith a 5 game try-out for an extension contract in postseason.
JR shot 16 fga per at 31% in 5 games, that was the lowest shooting percentage on our roster.
JR went to the foul line once or twice in the 5 game series with Charmers defending JR 95% of
the series.
Toney Douglas did better than that with Rondo/Ray/and Pierce (trio) switch defending him in
2011 postseason.

tiger0330

Legend
What sucks is if he opts out we can't use the mini MLE again to sign someone like Novak.

Grunwald is talking like Novak is a goner, guys around here that don't want him back need their heads examined. There were a lot of games he made an impact last season unlike JR

New New York

Quiet Storm
There really is no reason not to bring him back next year, I mean not resigning him only means one less player on the roster and does not improve our cap situation!

JR is the very definition of a streak shooter, when he is hot he seemingly is a top 10 player in the league, when he is off he looks like a D League player!

Still his D was better than I thought and he still shows he can finish around the rim....so why not?

Kiyaman

Legend
What sucks is if he opts out we can't use the mini MLE again to sign someone like Novak.

Grunwald is talking like Novak is a goner, guys around here that don't want him back need their heads examined. There were a lot of games he made an impact last season unlike JR

If Grunwald havnt thought of a plan already to resign Novak, then Grunwald need his head examine.
Novak is the perfect backup for Iso-Melo, plus a great fit in an offensive-lineup.
Lebron & D.Wade persistent at defending Novak every second of the 5 game series meant one thing....
if the Knicks dont resign u your welcome to stay in South Beach the next 3 to 4 years.

I said it a million times about JR.Smith, "he is only good to trade".
If we can not find a team to trade JR.Smith to then do not pick up his option (do u think the
Hornets want him back for their 10th pick?).

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Novak, Lin and J.R. will be in Knick uniforms next season.

Grunwald is a genius he won't let them go.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

● As tiger0330 said, if he opts out we can't use our MLE.
● Iman Shumpert's injured.
● Little to no maneuverability financially with $52M+ invested in 3 players.
● Talent VS salary imbalance in Knicks' favor.
● Defends very well.
● As with Shump for the start of next season, he's a good backup through 3 spots if someone's injured.
● How much worse is he than STAT @ $19M+?
● @ that salary is an easy trade come January and ASG weekend.

@ $2.5M, JR's a keeper, IMO.

His defense was standout in his short stint with us. Far from flawless, fair enough, but does no one recall his effort against Nowitzki @ the 4 during Linsanity in our massive win over Dallas?

We were all frothing at the mouth with disgust after game 5, but I still see a player with talent the likes of JR @ $2.5M, especially on a team that's paying Amar'e Stoudemire $19.8M, as a must have.

Woodson showed on more than 1 occasion that he'll keep Smith in check, too.

He's an enigma, but I can't help but be intrigued about his potential at that price tag.

Who would you prefer?

Douglas, who was moronically re-signed @ $2.06M this year, Fields or Smith?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
JR hit some big shots for us during the season, and played like crap in the playoffs.

I hope these players some of you ideally want somehow make their way to the knicks roster next season, because if not we are kind of "FuKED" especially if we dont get the bird rights of Lin&Novak.

We would have to use the MLE just to keep Lin then do alot of soul searching for vet min players to feel out our roster. This is a very deep FA with a load of nice name players (NOT ALL FA's) are getting MLE so we should be able to find some nice talent but, don't some of you get tired of having to build off VET MIN CONTRACTS.

Last edited:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
It's looking more and more like we won't get bird rights :( which means our chances of making impact off season moves are slim to none.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Anybody that doesn't want JR back should at least list players you like that we have a realistic chance to sign at the vets minimum.

We already have a thin roster and say what you want about JR but for his skill level we'd be getting a good deal to keep him. Yeah he's streaky but he's also a threat and has respect for Woodson. I think given a full season, Woody will help improve his shot selection.

JR had to do way more than needed with all the injuries, so i'm not ready to give up on the guy just yet. He has value and the knicks need that right now.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/photo_jr_smith_caught_smoking_marijuana/10915712

Yall say what you want but I sure as hell hope to see swish back in O & B. He will makes strides with NY in a full 82 game season under Mike Woodson.:2cents:

Strides to where? Only stride he'll take is toward more shots per game.

Guy's a chucker.

I like his edge, I even like him on our team, but the combination of players we have doesn't bring out JR SWAGBALLS's best characteristics. That's all I'm saying.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Strides to where? Only stride he'll take is toward more shots per game.

Guy's a chucker.

I like his edge, I even like him on our team, but the combination of players we have doesn't bring out JR SWAGBALLS's best characteristics. That's all I'm saying.

Checked out your MW3 blog. I just unearthed my old PS3 and bought MW3. I see what you're getting at with your Schwarzenegger method, but playing that way isn't crucial to winning in my case. I play Demolition, CTF, FFA, Team Defender and HCR TDM. I've found, after playing for about 3 hours all up, that the 'Lion's Approach' works for me.

Flank 'em and spank 'em.

Been on the winning team 7 times out of 10 average thus far, and have a K/D ratio of 2.5 to 1.

Are you PS3?

My ID is TC6_NYK.

Already racked up 10 Most Kills.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;237518 said:
Checked out your MW3 blog. I just unearthed my old PS3 and bought MW3. I see what you're getting at with your Schwarzenegger method, but playing that way isn't crucial to winning in my case. I play Demolition, CTF, FFA, Team Defender and HCR TDM. I've found, after playing for about 3 hours all up, that the 'Lion's Approach' works for me.

Flank 'em and spank 'em.

Been on the winning team 7 times out of 10 average thus far, and have a K/D ratio of 2.5 to 1.

Are you PS3?

My ID is TC6_NYK.

Already racked up 10 Most Kills.

Thanks for checking it out.

You get what it's all about. It's not the only way to play but it's a fun way and can be successful, that's all I'm trying to say. It's funny the parallel with D'Antoni's style and the Bang.

I've never had a 2.5 k/d in any mode, I think that's also an attribute that can lead to a lot of success, but I'm not sure that's the road for me and many other players.

I played PS3 many years but switched to Live last year. I had the same name on PS3.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Thanks for checking it out.

You get what it's all about. It's not the only way to play but it's a fun way and can be successful, that's all I'm trying to say. It's funny the parallel with D'Antoni's style and the Bang.

I've never had a 2.5 k/d in any mode, I think that's also an attribute that can lead to a lot of success, but I'm not sure that's the road for me and many other players.

I played PS3 many years but switched to Live last year. I had the same name on PS3.

Sweet. I'm on LIVE too.. let's play a game or two, my man. :beer:

GAMERTAG: craptron

orangeblobman

Rotation player
It's also funny that a thread with "tag dropping" in the title turned to Call of Duty, where Kill Confirmed is my favorite game and I see dropped tags all over the place, even in my sleep and on the road!

Sometimes I will catch a fire hydrant out of the corner of my eye on the road and wish to lunge toward it.