Lebron might get his star player to play along side him

johnstarky

Rotation player
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=24076

If this trade happens the Cavaliers will be getting a special little star player that could help them in the long run.They would be short-handed in the center position without Ilgauskas but if you're a Cavs fan you have to be doing cartwheels if Iggy ends up in Cleveland.

JayJ44

Starter
That wouldn't make any sense for the Sixers, at all. Why would they give up a young star in Iggy, for basically nothing? Ilgualskus and maybe Hickson for Iggy? That's ridiculously one-sided, Philly can get more than that.

johnstarky

Rotation player
It's the annual star player give away that bad NBA teams do every year when they give their best players to contending teams.The Kevin Garnett give away 3 years ago and the Gasol give away two years ago are good examples of the rich getting richer.

sorry not sold on this yet. Didnt he just sign a 6 year contract in 2008. And any matching salaries the cavs would use to trade for him would be expiring. Which would mean the Cavs would lose Shaq after this year, Big Z prob in a trade, and then Resign Lebron. Your team would be Verejo Hickson Lebron, Iggy, and Mo williams. Thats a decent squad but I wouldnt say that makes them any better than they are now, being that the hawks arent getting any worse, the Magic are going to continue to get better, and the east is continuing to improve. Iggy has been solid for a terrible sixers team, but he isnt an all star, and his impact in the east on a team like the cavs will be similar to the impact that Richard jefferson has had on the spurs in the west...not much. So this thread is titled "get his star" Im trying to remember a time where Iggy was even mentioned as a possible all star, or an all league player, or a top 10 something, or ever led his team to a post season series win. A star means "star" what it should say, is cavs look for back court help with trade for Iggy. Not "get his star" iggy is not even close to a star in this league.
I Can think of 24 better players right now, but I am not going to make a list for you, just watch the all star game.

johnstarky

Rotation player
I didn't say Iggy was a superstar.There is a difference between a star player and a superstar player.A superstar is one of few NBA elite players.A star is a player on a team who leads his team in scoring and in other offensive categories.Just because a player is never voted to an all-star team doesn't mean that he's not a star.It just means that the player isn't popular enough with fans or doesn't play on a team that's good enough to contend.I don't buy the idea that in order for a player to have star consideration that player has to carry his entire team towards a winning record whether he has a good supporting cast around him or whether he doesn't.It usually has more to do with the coach of that team when a certain team, that is mostly consisted of bad players, makes the playoffs.

Andre Iguodala has lead the Sixers in scoring a number of times, has averaged a decent number of assists every year, and was a major reason why his team made the playoffs twice in the last couple of years.I know the Sixers haven't been the same since the departure of Andre Miller but it isn't Iggy's fault that he has Louis Williams as his point guard, a past his prime Allen Iverson for a shooting guard, and Elton Brand who hasn't been the same player since he left the Clippers.Iguodala would be an upgrade to Delonte West if he gets traded to the Cavs.Sure the Cavs frontcourt would suffer this season without Ilgauskas but they could easily acquire a big man in the near future to replace him.

johnstarky

Rotation player
....the hawks arent getting any worse, the Magic are going to continue to get better, and the east is continuing to improve. Iggy has been solid for a terrible sixers team, but he isnt an all star, and his impact in the east on a team like the cavs will be similar to the impact that Richard jefferson has had on the spurs in the west...not much.

The Hawks could be losing their best player Joe Johnson to free agency this summer and until they knock off an elite team in the playoffs I'm not going to buy any of the hype that surrounds them, the Magic haven't gotten better this season after the loss of Turkoglu, and Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis will both be dinosaurs in a few years.I forgot to mention how four of the best players on the Boston Celtics are older than 31 years of age.Who in the East do you see improving other than the Charlotte Bobcats? The NBA East has been a crapshoot ever since the days of Michael Jordan's Bulls came to an end.When it seems like a team is going to be really dominant in the East for a long time they end up disappearing after a few stellar seasons.If I were Danny Ferry I'd take 3 solid players who are still in their 20's over any 3 players that the Magic,Hawks and Celtics have right now.

You can't compare Richard Jefferson's role with the Spurs to Iggy's possible future role with the Cavs.Jefferson is a 30 year old player whose best days are behind him.He is playing for a San Antonio Spurs team that has regressed and is no longer the dominant team that they once were.He also is the fourth scoring option on his team.Iguodala is a player who is still in his prime and if traded to the Cavs he will be playing for one of the best teams in the NBA.He would be the Cavs second scoring option.

Last edited:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Iggy is not a first option of a winning team. He would be a very solid second option. But would Iggy and Bron Bron mesh? Both of them need the ball in their hands, and the offense run through them. But it can't hurt to try and shake things up. (Hopefully it would be a complete failure because I don't want to see the ****ings Cavs win the trophy)

all im saying is iggy has had many years to polish his game, and he actually declined this year with even more touches. Therefore, I can compare him to richard jefferson because Iggy is as good as he is going to get. I do not see him putting up more than 13-4-4 numbers in a cavs jersey sharing the rock with mo will, and lebron. Which basically says what is the point of the CAVS taking on his bloated 12 million dollars a year. They would only do it if they had an inkling that Lebron isnt staying and they would need someone decent to play for them next season.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Iggy is not a first option of a winning team. He would be a very solid second option. But would Iggy and Bron Bron mesh? Both of them need the ball in their hands, and the offense run through them. But it can't hurt to try and shake things up. (Hopefully it would be a complete failure because I don't want to see the ****ings Cavs win the trophy)

Could you explain to me how a player who offensively led a team that made the playoffs two times isn't a first option on a winning team? Iggy was able to mesh with Andre Miller, why can't he mesh with Lebron James? Are you saying that Lebron can't have another player on his team that demands the ball a lot? If that is the case then there isn't really any good reason to pair Lebron James with another elite player in the future.None of us want to see the Cavs get better but let's at least try to look at things objectively here.

johnstarky

Rotation player
all im saying is iggy has had many years to polish his game, and he actually declined this year with even more touches. Therefore, I can compare him to richard jefferson because Iggy is as good as he is going to get. I do not see him putting up more than 13-4-4 numbers in a cavs jersey sharing the rock with mo will, and lebron. Which basically says what is the point of the CAVS taking on his bloated 12 million dollars a year. They would only do it if they had an inkling that Lebron isnt staying and they would need someone decent to play for them next season.

He might be having an off year this season but that might be due to his team not having a good point guard.Don't you believe that his point percentage would improve if he had Lebron James distributing him the ball? Why can't Mo Williams become the Cavs third option while Iguodala is their second option? I think having Lebron and Iggy on the Cavs for the next few years is better than the Cavs having Lebron and Ilgauskas for the next few years.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Could you explain to me how a player who offensively led a team that made the playoffs two times isn't a first option on a winning team? Iggy was able to mesh with Andre Miller, why can't he mesh with Lebron James? Are you saying that Lebron can't have another player on his team that demands the ball a lot? If that is the case then there isn't really any good reason to pair Lebron James with another elite player in the future.None of us want to see the Cavs get better but let's at least try to look at things objectively here.

Oh plz, those Sixers teams were one-and-done teams from the start. I don't consider that success. And iono if Dala and James would work, just my personal opinion. If I was a Cavs fan, Iggy would be the best option for the long term, but Jamison would be the best fit short term. Just my personol opiinion.

hahaha iggy was able to mesh with andre miller, am I believing the nonsense I hear from posters on this site. This is ridiculous to the enth degree. Yeah of course iggy meshed well with miller, miller is one of the top 5 pure now emphasize pure point guards in the league in terms of his main goal is to make the players around him better. That means nothing for iggy in terms of his ability to play second fiddle and improve a team. Or that iggy is a star caliber player in todays league, I equate him to a corey mcgette or ronny brewer type, athletic can play some defense, but never the less when you boil it all down the dude is an under achiever who is not not, never was and never will be a legitimate star in this league. I mean seriously where are our knicks fans on this site.

I see nets fans

cavs fans

philly fans.

its like you want to argue nonsense just to make the situation look worse than it is if the cavs get iggy, he is not a championship cornerstone, the cavs have the best record in the league and have owned the lakers with out iggy, and you act as if he will be the reason lebron stays haha. If lebron stays its because he wants to stay in CLV, not because AI 2 is putting up 13 ppg along side him.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Oh plz, those Sixers teams were one-and-done teams from the start. I don't consider that success. And iono if Dala and James would work, just my personal opinion. If I was a Cavs fan, Iggy would be the best option for the long term, but Jamison would be the best fit short term. Just my personol opiinion.

Those Sixer teams were one-and-done teams because they didn't have as much talent as the Piston and Magic teams that eliminated them.Their inability to advance past the first round had nothing to do with Andre Iguodala being incompetent in a seven game series.If you combine his ppg from the last two playoff series that he played in he averaged about 18.3 points.

Antwan Jamison would be a good addition to the Cavs but don't the Wizards and Cavs dislike eachother? I don't know what Ernie Grunfield's relationship with Danny Ferry is like but would one team want to help it's rival win a championship? The only Cavs player that I see Washington coveting is Ilgauskas because of his expiring contract.But even if they were to get rid of Jamison's salary they still would have Gilbert Arenas's extravagant contract to worry about.

johnstarky

Rotation player
hahaha iggy was able to mesh with andre miller, am I believing the nonsense I hear from posters on this site. This is ridiculous to the enth degree. Yeah of course iggy meshed well with miller, miller is one of the top 5 pure now emphasize pure point guards in the league in terms of his main goal is to make the players around him better. That means nothing for iggy in terms of his ability to play second fiddle and improve a team. Or that iggy is a star caliber player in todays league, I equate him to a corey mcgette or ronny brewer type, athletic can play some defense, but never the less when you boil it all down the dude is an under achiever who is not not, never was and never will be a legitimate star in this league. I mean seriously where are our knicks fans on this site.

I see nets fans

cavs fans

philly fans.

its like you want to argue nonsense just to make the situation look worse than it is if the cavs get iggy, he is not a championship cornerstone, the cavs have the best record in the league and have owned the lakers with out iggy, and you act as if he will be the reason lebron stays haha. If lebron stays its because he wants to stay in CLV, not because AI 2 is putting up 13 ppg along side him.

First of all, my thread had nothing to do with whether Lebron James stays in Cleveland or whether he goes to the Knicks.There is a good reason why I posted this thread in the NBA folder of the forum.If this was a thread about the Knicks chances at Lebron James I would have posted this in the Knicks folder of the forum.The point that I was trying to make was that Iguodala would be a star player on the Cavs just like he is a star player on the Sixers.

Second of all, even if this was a thread about Lebron's chances of signing with the Knicks you are sounding like a Knick fan who is in denial about the Cavs having a better opportunity of signing Lebron past the 2009-10 season than the Knicks have.Whenever you see Knick fans, who are objective about other teams in the NBA, you quickly deride them and dismiss them as being fans of those teams.Why should I embrace your opinion over actual NBA statistics? Aren't you the same person who speculated that the Knicks would finish the season eight games above five hundred? You are just speculating when you say that Iggy couldn't play second fiddle to Lebron James in Cleveland.Iggy has been doing everything that was required of him to do for the Philadelphia 76ers.What else would you like him to do? Play all five positions at the same time? If he is such an overrated basketball player why are general managers of other teams showing interest in him? Do you know more about the talent and impact of NBA players than the average NBA executive? The Cavs might have one of the best records in the league right now but Danny Ferry knows there is a good possibility that Lebron James's Cavalier days are being numbered and that the Cavs haven't been able to win an NBA championship with the roster that they currently have.His job as Cavs general manager is to look for ways to make his team better not to sit behind his desk gloating about how the Cavs beat the Lakers in two regular season games and how they own a 38-11 record.Thank God the NBA championship is decided in June and not in February and that teams have the privilege of playing eachother in 7 game series.

Lastly, you are giving way too much credit to Andre Miller.If Miller is such a great point guard and has such a tremendous impact on any team that he plays for why in his 12 year NBA career has he only taken his teams to the playoffs 5 times? Why did the Denver Nuggets get rid of him in the first place if he is this stupendous player? Are you basing his entire career on that one 52 point game that he had against the Mavericks the other day? I'm not overlooking Miller's ability to contribute at the point guard position, but to write off Andre Iguodala as some sort of bum and exalt Andre Miller as some colossal benefactor, to the team that he plays for, seems like an absurd thing to do.

Last edited:
Miller is an excellent pg, he is practically single handedly keeping the trail blazers afloat right now. And in terms of Iggy doing everything he is required , if you actually READ , and COMPREHENDed what I stated, you will recognize I based my entire point on his bloated salary making all star money with out all star production, so I questioned why the Cavs would look to get him, I stated Lebron staying or going to support my point, not to make that "the point" Starksy you obviously failed the verbal section of your SAT's because you didnt comprehend a word that I said.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Miller is an excellent pg, he is practically single handedly keeping the trail blazers afloat right now. And in terms of Iggy doing everything he is required , if you actually READ , and COMPREHENDed what I stated, you will recognize I based my entire point on his bloated salary making all star money with out all star production, so I questioned why the Cavs would look to get him, I stated Lebron staying or going to support my point, not to make that "the point" Starksy you obviously failed the verbal section of your SAT's because you didnt comprehend a word that I said.
I comprended everything that you said and I rebutted almost all of your arguments.It seems like you just want to have the final say on the discussion,so you start by knocking my intelligence.A lot of players in the NBA never live up to their contracts but that doesn't necessarily dictate whether those players are stars or not.Just because Iggy is not putting up Kevin Durant kind of numbers doesn't mean that the money he is making right now should take away from what he has done for the Sixers in these past few years.If every star player lived up to their contract they'd all put up better numbers than Michael Jordan did throughout his career.It wouldn't hurt Cleveland if they tried to go for a championship this year by gambling on Iggy.He might not be as good as the 24 players that you think are better than him but he would improve the Cavs' backcourt tremendously and would be a better second scoring option for the Cavs than Mo Williams.

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
Iggy is as much of a star as David Lee.

Iggy does not take over games. Teams do not fear him. Teams do not make game plans around him.

Remember the play-offs? Where was he then? He was awful.

He wouldn't fit with the cavs because bron needs someone to be able to hit an open jumper when he kicks it back out after slashing to the basket and taking 2-3 defenders with him. Iggy is not that guy.

ANU

Starter
I comprended everything that you said and I rebutted almost all of your arguments.It seems like you just want to have the final say on the discussion,so you start by knocking my intelligence.A lot of players in the NBA never live up to their contracts but that doesn't neccessarily dictate whether those players are stars or not.Just because Iggy is not putting up Kevin Durant kind of numbers doesn't mean that the money he is making right now should take away from what he has done for the Sixers these past few years.If every star player lived up to their contract they'd all put up better numbers than Michael Jordan did throughout his career.It wouldn't hurt Cleveland if they tried to go for a championship this year by gambling on Iggy.He might not be as good as the 24 players that you think are better than him but he would improve the Cavs' backcourt tremendously and would be a better second scoring option for the Cavs than Mo Williams.
:teeth::teeth: i agree starky.good post.

he could be james's pippen.