2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
Portland is an amazing city. Probably the nicest bigger city we have in the country. They have great fan support too and a long basketball tradition.

Those guys didn't leave because of Portland.

Portland was an embarassment last year....just look at all the rumors that came out about Batum wanting out of there for Minnesota! lol

When we beat Portlnd by 40 points with Mike Woodson's first game, I believe that was the worst moment of the year for Portland.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Portland was an embarassment last year....just look at all the rumors that came out about Batum wanting out of there for Minnesota! lol

When we beat Portlnd by 40 points with Mike Woodson's first game, I believe that was the worst moment of the year for Portland.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
RECENT PICTURES OF FELTON HE LOOKS MUCH BETTER

WCVuw.png

k1tTY.png

tiger0330

Legend
I disagree.
He got himself in a snake pit.

First he has to arrive in perfect shape, which is doubtful.
He's got to perform at the level he did 2 years ago, which I don't see possible just because this is a whole different team (Only STAT left, as a matter of fact) and a whole different system (ball is in Melo's hands)
The comparisons with Lin will be inevitable, not only Felton will not come near the level of Linsanity (which is unfair, but will be brought up), but baring an injury, Lin will put insane numbers in Houston (it's his team and his team only).
And if (when) the Knicks start to underperform, the pressure will be huge on all the players, specially Carmelo (unless he's carying the team somehow) and secondly on Felton.

Those are the reasons why I'm not very optimistic right now.
It takes a very tough (dumb) guy to take on this challenge. Some people say Felton has the personality, but when we're talking about a guy who tanked the whole last season and got to 30 pounds overweight, I think it's just fair to question his drive and professionalism.
I said Felton has a great opportunity here not that he'll seize the opportunity.

Like you say, lot of question marks about him after that season in Portland.

Going to give him the benefit of doubt that it was Nate and the Trailblazers after hearing a couple of his Portland teammates say he'll do great in NY and that Portland being in disarray last year under Macmillan was Felton's problem. He also had a good month of bball after Nate was fired.

Rob Low

Rotation player
He's at the Knicks summer league game sitting with Amare. He's being interviewed right now and he doesn't look fat to me. Stat looks great though

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
@alanhahn: Felton admits to Breen on @msgnetworks he was upset about being traded to Denver, "But I'm back home now."

@TommyDeeTKB: RT @ChrisBHaynes: Former #Blazers G Raymond Felton in Vegas. Weight is really down. Wouldn't reveal how much he's lost but says he's on a mission.looks good

@alanhahn: Felton also says he would have come to Knicks regardless of Lin situation because "this is where I wanted to be."

@alanhahn: Felton on @msgnetworks: "I won't make no excuses, I wasn't in shape [last season]..I'm looking fwd to this year and shutting everybody up."

@alanhahn: Felton says he is in shape now, could play right now. Really seemed to take to heart what's being said about him.

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
He just admitted to being a fatass last year and said he's in great shape right now and can't wait to prove everyone wrong.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
He has 3 months to get into shape

if he drops more weight and comes back focused + regains the chemistry with Amare i have alot of faith in him.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Looks in shape and thin in the interview and he made valid points about how when one thing goes wrong thats all everyone talks about, not what they've done in the past(definition of all the posters on here) but yea hes
Looking good.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
@alanhahn: Felton admits to Breen on @msgnetworks he was upset about being traded to Denver, "But I'm back home now."

@TommyDeeTKB: RT @ChrisBHaynes: Former #Blazers G Raymond Felton in Vegas. Weight is really down. Wouldn't reveal how much he's lost but says he's on a mission.looks good

@alanhahn: Felton also says he would have come to Knicks regardless of Lin situation because "this is where I wanted to be."

@alanhahn: Felton on @msgnetworks: "I won't make no excuses, I wasn't in shape [last season]..I'm looking fwd to this year and shutting everybody up."

@alanhahn: Felton says he is in shape now, could play right now. Really seemed to take to heart what's being said about him.
#Felton Interview add on

http://www.msg.com/videos/raymond-felton-at-knicks-summer-league-719.html

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
He just admitted to being a fatass last year and said he's in great shape right now and can't wait to prove everyone wrong.

He couldn't have said it any better. He is a man on a mission to prove haters wrong and isn't afraid to say it. Gotta love Felton....he is making the Lin situation easier.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
"That's all I'm hearing from everybody, you know that, 'Oh he wasn't in shape last year.'. I played in the league 7 years, about to be 8. Came in out of shape one year and that's all everyone want to talk about. They don't talk about what you did good, they talk about when you do something bad. So that's all everybody wanna talk about? I look forward to this year to shutting up everybody's mouth."

Felton (During an interview with Mike Breen earlier today)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342742015.063294.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342742028.963563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STAT1

Starter

Thanks for posting. I really like how Felton is talking, he sounds like a man on a mission. Love it when guys play with that chip on their shoulder.

Eye of the Tiger Ray. Eye of the Tiger! Come on, let's GO! :peace:

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Chris Haynes: According to Raymond Felton's best friend, Conoda Gore, Felton has lost 15 pounds and counting. Says he's about 200 lbs right now. #Blazers Twitter

15 pounds already! nice...this was unexpected.

If he is around 200 then he is at the same weight when he was a knick....

If he can lower that than he will be a bullet in the fast break

STAT1

Starter
Chris Haynes: According to Raymond Felton's best friend, Conoda Gore, Felton has lost 15 pounds and counting. Says he's about 200 lbs right now. #Blazers Twitter

15 pounds already! nice...this was unexpected.

If he is around 200 then he is at the same weight when he was a knick....

If he can lower that than he will be a bullet in the fast break

Felton down to 200. STAT down to 240. Melo & Tyson balling with the Olympics Dream Team. I am getting more & more excited about the upcoming season. Seems like everyone has really bought in to Mike Woodson's mandate for them to all get in shape this offseason & be ready to ball out in 2012!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

"That's all I'm hearing from everybody, you know that, 'Oh he wasn't in shape last year.'. I played in the league 7 years, about to be 8. Came in out of shape one year and that's all everyone want to talk about. They don't talk about what you did good, they talk about when you do something bad. So that's all everybody wanna talk about? I look forward to this year to shutting up everybody's mouth."

Felton (During an interview with Mike Breen earlier today)
View attachment 200
View attachment 201

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! This is what I'm on about, gents. Don't count Ray out just yet. He's clearly dropped a lot of excess weight, and has said that he's home, and that he wants to prove his doubters wrong.

As the expectancy builds up for him to perform in the wake of Lin, look for him to want to put in what he needs to get out of this situation.

Will he do it? There are no guarantees. But you can quote me on this: Ray'll turn some heads by being the PG he needs to be on this team, and though there'll be rough patches, he'll find his groove.

Inspirational stuff from Ray!

:gony:

3 more months of waiting. Damn.