Fredette Rumours Resurface

What the hell are you talking about? Donnie Walsh isn't even the Knicks' GM anymore...and yes Jimmer has a great shot but we do need someone who can play DEFENSE

ummm hes the one thats making the decisions come draft night lol. and I'll take jimmer over brooks, KT over jimmer. never said he was the GM, just said he got the oK from dolan to spend some $$$ come draft night,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nicks-gm-donnie-walsh-shake-up-2011-nba-draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-will-knicks-donnie-walsh-go-out-with-a-bang

Fredette is a D'Antoni system player. A perimeter shooter who does not play defense. If we take Fredette, we are investing in the D'Antoni system. I am not for it. If we are going to move up, I would rather take a chance on Biyombo -- though one analyst observed that he saw him play a one on none game and lost.
+1 with that, Biyombo is gona be an animal and hes fearless just what we need a tough player who can block shots, and rebound. + hes not bad on the offensive side of the ball. This guy could very well be leading the NBA in blocks in the 2012 season.

smokes

Huge Member
+1 with that, Biyombo is gona be an animal and hes fearless just what we need a tough player who can block shots, and rebound. + hes not bad on the offensive side of the ball. This guy could very well be leading the NBA in blocks in the 2012 season.

I wouldn't be mad. After 2 and a half seasons with Jared Jefferies hopefully MDA has got some patience with having 1 player on the court who can't put the ball in the basket.

If the guy is better at laying it up than Jefferies then we are all good!

tiger0330

Legend
lol yeh jeffries screwed us over in game 2 against boston, but nah this guy will be throwing it down, he has crazy hops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wm0rf9c7PQ
JJ is a freak of nature but in a bad way, very few 6'10" guys can't throw it down but the Knicks have that one guy in 25 that can't.

You just can't judge this kid, he's too young and raw. He's got hops and wing span but he's not 7 feet and his workouts have been so so. He may fall to the Knicks but I doubt he's anymore ready to contribute than the Gov and is that what the Knicks want to draft a player that may contribute in a couple of years or to take a guy like Thompson or Fredette that may be more NBA ready.

clumsy

Rotation player
Jimmer isn't athletic? Please... He may not be Wall or Rose, but the kid is athletic, strong and NBA ready... to run the pick and roll... create his own shot or set up others.

He won't defend like Rondo, but was Steve Nash really so much a liability?

SOme said the same thing about Curry when he was coming out. Fedrette may not be as good as Curry, but he'll be close to it... he can dribble and has a nasty cross-over... He is quick and crafty, and strong.

Oh, and by the way... he can shoot and has a laser-quick release.

I'm not saying trade up and grab him and all that... But if Jimmer feel in our laps, or cost little to skip up a few spots... COOL. This kid could be Mark Price. Would that be so bad?

1. It's college basketball. College is way inferior to the NBA.
2. He played in a division with very little NBA height and NBA talent.
3. College is a lotta zone cuz players just aren't as athletic. NBA weak man D skills is a liability cuz half of the players in the league can burn you with just athleticism alone.

I have no doubt he'll be able to score at the NBA. I already said he's an entertaining player to watch and his offensive game is great. That said, i don't believe he'll really add anything to the Knicks in the long term. We already have 2 much better defensive Liability scorers in Amare and Carmelo.

friedduck

Rookie
Leader.

Strong.

Can create his own.

Range.

Ready to score.

That shit be huge, those are big questions already answered.

Worry about his flaws coaching up and changing. Bank on what you know he got.

1. It's college basketball. College is way inferior to the NBA.
2. He played in a division with very little NBA height and NBA talent.
3. College is a lotta zone cuz players just aren't as athletic. NBA weak man D skills is a liability cuz half of the players in the league can burn you with just athleticism alone.

I have no doubt he'll be able to score at the NBA. I already said he's an entertaining player to watch and his offensive game is great. That said, i don't believe he'll really add anything to the Knicks in the long term. We already have 2 much better defensive Liability scorers in Amare and Carmelo.

bro jimmer has the moves (cross over) to seperate him self and his defender, laundry fields is great but his seperation moves are weak compared to jimmers. I think jimmer will do good in this leauge.

dassknick

Benchwarmer
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/06/20/ford-knicks-attempting-to-trade-up/

Via ESPN

(http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=6680436):
But the draft exodus may go even further into the first round. Sources say that the Charlotte Bobcats (9), Milwaukee Bucks (10) and Golden State Warriors (11) are also open to moving their picks. In this case, the interest is all pretty specific. The Knicks, and a handful of other teams, are trying to get ahead of the Jazz. The target? BYU’s Jimmer Fredette.
I am one the biggest Fredette to the Knicks proponents on this board - this kid is pretty much a can't miss in my opinion.

moneyg

Starter
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/06/20/ford-knicks-attempting-to-trade-up/

Via ESPN

(http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?name=nba_draft&id=6680436):
But the draft exodus may go even further into the first round. Sources say that the Charlotte Bobcats (9), Milwaukee Bucks (10) and Golden State Warriors (11) are also open to moving their picks. In this case, the interest is all pretty specific. The Knicks, and a handful of other teams, are trying to get ahead of the Jazz. The target? BYU?s Jimmer Fredette.
I am one the biggest Fredette to the Knicks proponents on this board - this kid is pretty much a can't miss in my opinion.

hes good but kimba would destroy him

nyk_nyk

All Star
D bad news on Jimmer: BYU star ill suited for NBA

By Jeff Goodman
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
June 20, 2011

This past season was all about The Jimmer. I'll admit I caught the fever, heading out west on two separate occasions to get a firsthand look at the BYU star who had become the face of college basketball. He was fun to watch with his unlimited range, uncanny array of moves around the basket and stone-cold smile, but I'm worried about the Jimmer. I mean, legitimately concerned.

I understand he can shoot the ball from deep and has a skill -- scoring the basketball -- that should translate to the next level, but getting past New Mexico's Dairese Gary, arguably the top perimeter defender in the Mountain West, just isn't quite the same as having to try and circumvent Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook or Rajon Rondo.

I mean, The Jimmer struggled against Florida's Kenny Boynton -- a future overseas player -- in the NCAA tournament.

According to nearly everyone I spoke to in attendance in Las Vegas last July, Fredette was eaten up a year ago when he was part of a select group of college players chosen to help prepare the NBA guys for the world championships.

The NBA is a long way from Provo and the Mountain West.
I'm not sure there's truly a guy in the NBA that Fredette can guard, but obviously that won't be why he gets on the court. However, if he's a complete liability -- as he was on that end of the court in college -- he won't get playing time.

In college, his offensive skills were clearly superior to nearly all of his opposition. At the next level, there won't be much of a gap -- if there's any at all.

The Jimmer supporters will attempt to point to his porous defense as a result of remaining out of foul trouble or trying to conserve energy. It's B.S.

The kid averaged a little more than one foul per game (1.3, to be exact), so you can toss that one out the Marriott Center window -- and as far as trying to save his wind, just watch the end of any close game and Jimmer's hands still don't raise above his waist.

I know it sounds like I'm a Jimmer Hater, but I'm not. I would love nothing more than to be wrong on my assessment and for Fredette to be a star at the next level.

I loved him back from the days I saw him play AAU ball in the spring and summer with the Albany City Rocks. He's a great kid who was terrific for college basketball this past year, saving what was a subpar regular season void of high-powered teams and players.

The ESPN highlights were scintillating because he always had three or four jaw-dropping shots. But what about the rest of the game, when guys were blowing by him and BYU coach Dave Rose had no other option but to go to a zone defense? That was virtually ignored by ESPN.

Since the day that put him on the national map, way back on Jan. 26 against San Diego State out on the West Coast, Fredette made more than half of his shots just once in a game. In his final 15 contests, he had more turnovers than assists.

Those numbers aren't worthy of a future NBA point guard, but that's what he has to be at the next level -- because he's un-athletic (at least by NBA standards) and stands 6-feet-2.

Just imagine Rondo or Westbrook -- or even worse, someone with the length and athleticism of LeBron James or Tony Allen -- given the assignment of checking The Jimmer.

Fredette may wind up being a lottery pick, largely due to this year's lackluster draft depth. However, in an ordinary year, he would be fortunate to go in the first round.

He'll be a competent reserve guard, maybe a rotation guy, but for those such as my colleague Gary Parrish ready to pencil him in as a worthy lottery selection, I have a few words of advice: You're gonna get Jimmer'd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is just one man's opinion, but its still a concern.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Jimmer is not a big deal. He will struggle so much when he gets to the NBA. He will get exposed in the playoffs. He is not a playmaker. He wont reach his potential (if any) until his 4th or 5th year. And that would be a 6th man at best. He will NOT be ready for what the knicks are trying too accomplish. We cannot waste our pick on this guy. Even if we had 2 1st rd picks we have needs. Jimmer is a luxery. He would be great in Miami. We have holes on this team the Jimmer just could not fill.

dassknick

Benchwarmer
D bad news on Jimmer: BYU star ill suited for NBA

By Jeff Goodman
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
June 20, 2011

This past season was all about The Jimmer. I'll admit I caught the fever, heading out west on two separate occasions to get a firsthand look at the BYU star who had become the face of college basketball. He was fun to watch with his unlimited range, uncanny array of moves around the basket and stone-cold smile, but I'm worried about the Jimmer. I mean, legitimately concerned.

I understand he can shoot the ball from deep and has a skill -- scoring the basketball -- that should translate to the next level, but getting past New Mexico's Dairese Gary, arguably the top perimeter defender in the Mountain West, just isn't quite the same as having to try and circumvent Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook or Rajon Rondo.

I mean, The Jimmer struggled against Florida's Kenny Boynton -- a future overseas player -- in the NCAA tournament.

According to nearly everyone I spoke to in attendance in Las Vegas last July, Fredette was eaten up a year ago when he was part of a select group of college players chosen to help prepare the NBA guys for the world championships.

The NBA is a long way from Provo and the Mountain West.
I'm not sure there's truly a guy in the NBA that Fredette can guard, but obviously that won't be why he gets on the court. However, if he's a complete liability -- as he was on that end of the court in college -- he won't get playing time.

In college, his offensive skills were clearly superior to nearly all of his opposition. At the next level, there won't be much of a gap -- if there's any at all.

The Jimmer supporters will attempt to point to his porous defense as a result of remaining out of foul trouble or trying to conserve energy. It's B.S.

The kid averaged a little more than one foul per game (1.3, to be exact), so you can toss that one out the Marriott Center window -- and as far as trying to save his wind, just watch the end of any close game and Jimmer's hands still don't raise above his waist.

I know it sounds like I'm a Jimmer Hater, but I'm not. I would love nothing more than to be wrong on my assessment and for Fredette to be a star at the next level.

I loved him back from the days I saw him play AAU ball in the spring and summer with the Albany City Rocks. He's a great kid who was terrific for college basketball this past year, saving what was a subpar regular season void of high-powered teams and players.

The ESPN highlights were scintillating because he always had three or four jaw-dropping shots. But what about the rest of the game, when guys were blowing by him and BYU coach Dave Rose had no other option but to go to a zone defense? That was virtually ignored by ESPN.

Since the day that put him on the national map, way back on Jan. 26 against San Diego State out on the West Coast, Fredette made more than half of his shots just once in a game. In his final 15 contests, he had more turnovers than assists.

Those numbers aren't worthy of a future NBA point guard, but that's what he has to be at the next level -- because he's un-athletic (at least by NBA standards) and stands 6-feet-2.

Just imagine Rondo or Westbrook -- or even worse, someone with the length and athleticism of LeBron James or Tony Allen -- given the assignment of checking The Jimmer.

Fredette may wind up being a lottery pick, largely due to this year's lackluster draft depth. However, in an ordinary year, he would be fortunate to go in the first round.

He'll be a competent reserve guard, maybe a rotation guy, but for those such as my colleague Gary Parrish ready to pencil him in as a worthy lottery selection, I have a few words of advice: You're gonna get Jimmer'd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is just one man's opinion, but its still a concern.

Imagine a barely 6 ft, 175 lbs point guard having to play against Lebron, Wade and Bosh...oh wait, we just saw that with J.J. Barea.

I appreciate the post and he does say that he'd love to be proven wrong but I think its worthless to harp on his measurables...

hes good but kimba would destroy him

hah I doubt that very much, maybe in a one on one game but when your playing in the NBA with 10 guys on the floor the game is a lot different. Jimmer will spread the floor a lot more than kemba cuz jimmer is a wayyyy better shooter than kemba, + jimmer is wayyyy better with the pick and roll system than kemba. Not to metion jummer has that nasty X-Over.

Jimmer > Kemba

nyk_nyk

All Star
Imagine a barely 6 ft, 175 lbs point guard having to play against Lebron, Wade and Bosh...oh wait, we just saw that with J.J. Barea.

I appreciate the post and he does say that he'd love to be proven wrong but I think its worthless to harp on his measurables...

I agree, being 6'2" isn't an issue but this is about more than that. You can't fall in love with his offense and ignore the fact that he may give up just as many points on the defensive end.

dassknick

Benchwarmer
Something to be said for Wanting to be a Knick...

watch

clumsy

Rotation player
bro jimmer has the moves (cross over) to seperate him self and his defender, laundry fields is great but his seperation moves are weak compared to jimmers. I think jimmer will do good in this leauge.

Landry Fields also is also 6'7 and plays pretty decent to good man defense on a team with 2 primary scorers that scored 2nd in the league.

I don't really care if he has any separation moves, do we really need any more creators than we have?

On offense and defense we are missing size, a post guy (is chauncey really gonna be here all year), and people that can rebound