Fire D'antoni!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
why argue with him guys? we all know D'Antoni is a good coach, he just wants attention

Nobody....is saying that Dantoni is not a good coach....his coach to player relation prove to be one of the best....its his coaching strategy in the 4th Qtr. that need emergency help....he is not a Bigman coach, or defensive minded coach, or a strategical coach.
He is a coach that depends to much on the "3-Ball" to win games.

It's hard to forget that coach Dantoni had a roster of Super-Stars in Phoenix that became Lazy on DEFENSE. Lucky for Joe Johnson....he only spent one season with Dantoni b/c Joe Johnson's defense has won plenty of games for the Hawks...
:afro:

Toons

is the Bo$$
Nobody....is saying that Dantoni is not a good coach....his coach to player relation prove to be one of the best....its his coaching strategy in the 4th Qtr. that need emergency help....he is not a Bigman coach, or defensive minded coach, or a strategical coach.
He is a coach that depends to much on the "3-Ball" to win games.

It's hard to forget that coach Dantoni had a roster of Super-Stars in Phoenix that became Lazy on DEFENSE. Lucky for Joe Johnson....he only spent one season with Dantoni b/c Joe Johnson's defense has won plenty of games for the Hawks...
:afro:

look at the players dantoni is bringing in.

duhon
hughes
saamb

look who is in the rotation consistently despite offensive upsides

jefferies

you honestly believe that dantoni does not know anything about defense?
his actions are speaking quite loud that he KNOWS we lack defense....and all we can do FOR NOW, is try to outscore opponents, and until we have the right defensive pieces, we will slow down the set a bit and try to be able to run and gun AND play in the half court. These things don't happen over night, players go through week long raining sessions on the fine aspects of the game. you cant just say, play better defense, then u have to guard lebron, wade, and kobe back to back. you need players that understand team defense, you cant just preach this into players. if you could, someone would have recorded it and made millions. you guys need to put down the xbox and stop playing gm. coach and walsh are doing everything we have all asked him to do at one point in time. the only thing really is the marbury situation. he has handled our financial situation brilliantly. danillo is 19, he is not ready so i cant say if he is a good pick or not, he is an underrated man defender, and a below average team defender, but listen, he is 19 years old. give him a year or 2. in two years he might be more valuable than the 2012 first round pick.
Stop hatin on walsh

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks and Pat Riley had a chance to win an NBA championship when Jordan was out of the league but they failed to close things out in the NBA finals.

The Suns got lucky in game 4 of the 07' Western conference finals, when they had that late fourth quarter run to beat the Spurs.They could of easily lost that series in 5 games.There was no way that D'antoni was going to out coach Greg Popavich in that series.
So the 2 obstacles you now refer to are:

G Pop & Hakeem Olajuwan.

That doesn't redefine anything you've said.

And a run in the 4th quarter by any team Mike D' Antoni coaches is courtesy of a clicking offense that smokes like a bowl of El Salvadorian Skunk.

We're a pretty god awful team sadly but truly. I think we've met some bloated expectations this year. With a crappy pg and some shocking defenders, Mike D has been hard put to it.

He's cooking well considering what he has in the kitchen.

If someone handed you a dry, white dog nugget and an eggplant and said "cook me a delicacy" & truly expected to receive one, they'd be crazy!

johnstarky

Rotation player
Bump!

Funny how 90% of Knick fans use to defend D'antoni and now 90% of Knick fans have enough evidence to know how horrible of a coach he is.

Red

TYPE-A
We have to admit our biggest mistake was being convinced about D'Antoni.

1. Our drafting would have been different leading to a more optimal mix f players by now

2. Our player development would be much better by now

3. We would have been a perennial playoff team by now, at least on par with Portland

I guess it just wasn't in the cards. We've had two top ten draft pick opportunities and an owner & GM willing to spend and back up our coach. Although all is not lost. We still acquired some talent, and can right the ship.

But whatever we do to correct this mistake, it must be quick.

I hear coaches defending Mike such as JVG. I can only conclude that either this is the politically correct thing to do or JVG doesn't really watch us night in and out. I know he knows better than that.

The same day he defended Mike, our team shot over 40 threes.

Now whether MOA is directly telling players to do this, or this is how his instructions are translated really matters not. The body of work and different rosters have interpreted MOA's philosophy to do the same thing

tiger0330

Legend
Only 3 from what I remember.
There's lot more than that, at least 10 threads mentioning D'Antoni and you can't bring him up without saying he's got to go.

Look only thing saving D'Antoni is Dolan doesn't like to fire coaches mid-season and we didn't have an off-season and training camp. Part of the Knicks problem is how sloppy they play, the poor passing and turnovers may be because of the lack of cohesion because of the lockout.

A true PG like BD is going to help cut down the TO's and help us play faster, we don't have any PG that can control the tempo to play SSOL. I hope BD is ready when he comes back but the guy has missed 1 game out of 5 in his career so he could go down any moment, if I were Grunwald I wouldn't have my all my eggs in BD's basket. Look at alternatives like Ish Smith or Arenas.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
BUMP!

D'Antoni in danger of firing himself

Mike D'Antoni might not make it to Phil Jackson's yes or no in June. If the New York Knicks keep quitting on their coach and their fans like they did Sunday, then D'Antoni's aide, Mike Woodson, needs to move down a seat or two in the coming days and see if he can do any better.

Of course, it would be hard for Woodson or anyone else to do worse. Even Isiah Thomas or Larry Brown, circa 2006, might've inspired better effort and results out of these Knicks than the man who claimed they had championship fiber long before he handed the ball to Jeremy Lin.

In the sobering wake of Linsanity, the Knicks are coming across as a barely interested group of high-profile players waiting for management to make a move. During the third quarter Sunday, when you never could've convinced a novice observer that D'Antoni had twice the talent on his roster that Doug Collins had on his, the Knicks surrendered 38 points and spotted the Philadelphia 76ers a 21-point lead.

So in the dying seconds of Sixers 106, Knicks 94, D'Antoni's fifth consecutive defeat, the fans in the Garden's upper bowl responded with a predictable chant for the coach's head. No, it wasn't one of those full-throttle Isiah chants, but it didn't much matter.

In the postgame news conference, D'Antoni unwittingly began building a case for his own removal. Questioned about the team's defensive and offensive struggles, he said, "It's probably spirit more." D'Antoni conceded that his team "seemed to wither" in the face of adversity and that it treated a two-point deficit as if "the world was caving in."

"We've got to play harder," D'Antoni said, "play with much more urgency."

When a deep and talented team withers and caves and plays indifferent basketball, the coach has to take the hit. It's why he makes a $6 million wage.

"Our whole energy is low," Carmelo Anthony said, and there was no point in blaming the noon start time and the loss of a precious hour of sleep. The Sixers were playing at 11 a.m. on their body clocks, too, and their biorhythms appeared in perfect sync.

On Selection Sunday, the visitors arrived in the Garden as an intriguing mid-major, an overachieving team that has clawed its way into first place in the Atlantic. If the Sixers didn't match the Knicks' starpower, they sure did double up on the Knicks' desire to win.

"That's our recipe," Collins said. "I told the guys after the game that that's what we do. There's going to be teams we play against that have more talent, but we have to hope at the end of the day that our numbers make us a better team."

Right now Collins is 6? games better than D'Antoni, who was desperate enough to keep Anthony and Amare Stoudemire on the bench for the entire fourth quarter. The coach explained that the reserves had earned the right to stay on the floor by cutting into Philly's lead, even if that lead never dipped into single figures.

Anthony guessed that his boss was saving him for Monday night in Chicago, and he should've guessed again. D'Antoni was trying something, anything, to regain control of a team that looks the way Rex Ryan's Jets looked at the end of last season.

Anthony and Stoudemire are having their worst seasons. Jeremy Lin is no longer the attack-first, think-second point guard who became the feel-good story to end them all. Now Lin is the hesitant rookie quarterback who shot 5-for-18 against Philly and committed six turnovers against seven assists.

But more than anything, the Knicks are taking the call for defensive intensity as a suggestion. They had Tyson Chandler back in the lineup, meaning they had no excuses for why the Sixers made more than half of their 79 shots.

"For whatever reason," D'Antoni said, "we don't seem to overcome any obstacles."

Again, a damning quote. His Knicks are the very worst thing you can be in the NBA: soft.

"We have to do a better job at knowing the importance of games," was the way Stoudemire put it.

Before this depressing turn of events, before the Knicks treated the Garden as just another stop on their miserable road trip, D'Antoni was asked about Philly's no-frills approach. He praised Miami for proving that physical talent and selfless instincts aren't mutually exclusive traits, and praised the Sixers for proving that team ball can make division leaders out of moderately skilled clubs.

"But there is a case, and it should always be a team game," D'Antoni said. "I think Denver made that case, a lot of people's making the case."

Denver. D'Antoni cited the team that delivered him Melo, the team that stands 4? games better than the Knicks.

The coach never wanted to do the Anthony deal, but it's much too late to turn back now. D'Antoni shouldn't have embarrassed Melo and Stoudemire the way he did Sunday, especially since the trimmed fourth-quarter deficit was more a function of the Sixers losing interest in a blowout than it was of the second-teamers making like the '86 Celtics.

So what now? How does D'Antoni save himself before another two or three losses put the Knicks in Woodson's hands?

He needs to remind Anthony that if Michael Jordan wasn't above playing defense, nobody's above playing defense. D'Antoni needs to order Lin to attack as fearlessly as he did before Melo's return, and then let his teammates play off that creativity and vibe. He needs to keep his rotation at nine after Jared Jeffries returns, and send J.R. Smith to the bench.

D'Antoni also needs to seriously consider moving Stoudemire to the second unit in favor of Steve Novak, in part to give his $100 million power forward some time away from Chandler, the well-meaning big who gets in his way.

On Stoudemire and Smith, D'Antoni would be coaching against the front-office grain, never an easy thing to do. But this isn't the time to worry about salaries, egos or Jim Dolan's preferences, not when D'Antoni has nothing left to lose.

Nothing except his job.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...e-dantoni-unwittingly-builds-case-own-removal

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
Makes sense. Especially the part about moving Amare to the second unit.

I would not put Novak in though. I'd go with Shump instead, unless the other team starts clogging the lane / playing zone. Only then I would pull out novak for some drive and kick open threes to punish the defense. I just don't think novak can supply the defense we so desperately need.

Cmon Dantoni. It's either this or your job. Your call.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
I was at this game on sunday and its soo sad when Melo and stat are on the floor together everyone stops and watches. what i want to know is what are they all waiting for? neither stat nor melo have shown anything worth looking at all season.

SOOOOO F***ing Frustrating to watch.

please fire C'antoni

Why is dolan such a tool?

While I agree with all that, holding him accountable etc. his $6 million a year are peanuts compared to the $18 million or so Melo and Stat make each year.....my question is: Where is the border line, where people say it's not only the coach but also the players?

The NBA should really introduce a rule where only really great players like Jordan, Kobe, Magic etc. are allowed to sign max deals.

The Joe Johnsons, Carmelo Anthonys, Kevin Martins, Amar'e Stoudemires of this world just don't deserve it. They basically don't give a **** about everything else than their boxscore.

Just my oppinion.

Of course it's on D'Antoni, but it's also on the star players, we're not in High School anymore where 17 year old teenagers need guidance. These are grown men who are supposed to show some leadership and grit...that'S the least you can expect for $20 million a year imo.

I'd be pissed if I was the owner, spending so much money on so little production...NBA salaries suck.