Knicks VS Bucks: Monday, March 26 @ 7:30pm. STATEMENT GAME.

How many TOs will Lin have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TakMan

Rotation player
Jennings started getting good looks and drives in the 4th quarter....... His problem is he was just plain blowing easy shots....... Just like some say Lin has the "clutch" gene, Jennings may have the "choke" gene..........

He's been fairly clutch against the Knicks every time he's played them. Not this time. Davis played some good in your face defence for the majority of the game. Davis' health is a precarious issue, but if he remains fit, gets some games and finds his form, you have to trust him over an inexperienced Lin come playoffs. Lin can't take the pressure of good defences at the moment. He's proven this many times.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Im surprised we won this game without Jeffries, Stat and Lin. The refs gave us 17 more free throw attempts (Knicks 35, Bucks 18). We hit 30 of them, the Bucks only hit 12. Thats where this game was won
Chandler, Baron, and Melo played their hearts out.......... Both sides of the floor. They were the difference.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
He's been fairly clutch against the Knicks every time he's played them. Not this time. Davis played some good in your face defence for the majority of the game. Davis' health is a precarious issue, but if he remains fit, gets some games and finds his form, you have to trust him over an inexperienced Lin come playoffs. Lin can't take the pressure of good defences at the moment. He's proven this many times.
I disagree about the defense....... They're two different types of defenders........ Baron plays more up on his man, which takes away the perimeter shot one-on-one, but he's vulnerable to screens, once the ballhandler gets past him, the help defense must be there (and it was in most part tonight). Lin gives more room to shoot on the perimeter, but he prevents penetration and slips by screens a lot better, and somehow recovers if the ballhandler gets a step on him (even off a screen). Lin also closes more-quickly on the shooter, so even though there appears to be more shooting room, the difference is negligible.

I will say this....... I never thought Melo was a good help defender, but he did a great job in that game....... Far better than Amare in that regard. Melo was easily the best player on the floor, for either side.

KingCharles34

All Star
Chandler, Baron, and Melo played their hearts out.......... Both sides of the floor. They were the difference.

Im only drawing statistical conclusions, i didnt see the game and its hard to go by what other posters say. No disrespect to anyone but we all see the game a little different, no two posters will ever have exactly the same opinions. I gotta catch knicksin60

metrocard

Legend
He's not even 33 yet so hardly at the very end of his career. You're right about it being an ask for him to remain healthy but he can do it. He was healthy during his stint with the Cavs last year and improved their record substantially making them look like a better team. Lin's done well but he is still learning. We just beat the bucks for the first time this year. This was also Davis' first start of the year. The 2 players he guarded at times shot terribly. Jenkins 0-7 3's, Ellis 2-14 FG's. Defence won us the game and Davis contributed significantly to that. If he does remain healthy, he can only improve this team.

Well He's going to be 33 and not getting younger, he's 3 years past his prime...Davis has been on the decline and everyone in the NBA knows this, thats why Clippers traded him to Cleveland.

and Cleveland always been a solid team, even without LeBron, and they're getting better even without Varejao being lead by Irving and Jamison.

Like I said, you need to watch the Knicks game, not the box scores.

Who is Jenkins?

Brandon Jennings got the basket at will, he misses a lot of lay ups, and that was due to Chandler's all NBA defense, not Baron Davis' defense. Learn WHO to give credit to, and reading a box score without studying game analysis can be a foolish thing to do.

metrocard

Legend
I've been a Bell fan for a while and Affalo's good too. I hate watching Fields, i really do think he could be a good SG if he tweaked his form and had more confidence but its the confidence part that really prevents him. You rarely see a soft player change, maybe Fields will be the type of player that finally figures out what to do when hes like 29 or 30. I could see him as that type

Fields to me is Richard Jefferson without the aggressiveness.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Im only drawing statistical conclusions, i didnt see the game and its hard to go by what other posters say. No disrespect to anyone but we all see the game a little different, no two posters will ever have exactly the same opinions. I gotta catch knicksin60
I generally don't go by stats personally....... J.R. Smith had a bad shooting night, but he also played his heart out............ It's as if the players didn't care about stats, all clamped down defensively, and focused on the win.

If players rebound and play defense, I generally toss the offensive stats out the window.

novaman

Benchwarmer
Well He's going to be 33 and not getting younger, he's 3 years past his prime...Davis has been on the decline and everyone in the NBA knows this, thats why Clippers traded him to Cleveland.

and Cleveland always been a solid team, even without LeBron, and they're getting better even without Varejao being lead by Irving and Jamison.

Who is Jenkins?

Brandon Jennings got the basket at will, he misses a lot of lay ups, and that was due to Chandler's all NBA defense, not Baron Davis' defense. Learn WHO to give credit to, and reading a box score without studying game analysis can be a foolish thing to do.

Yeah Jennings was taking it to BD in the 4th. They could see that Baron was tired. I was watching the Bucks feed on NBA league pass and their commentators were even talking about it. After a few trips down the floor I think Woodson made a shift to take the pressure off Baron.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer

Do you still prefer that JR start? Because I would say otherwise, the guy chucks way too many bad shots up.(10 threes this game) At the same time he grabbed 10 boards.

I think Shump should be starting he's proven to be effecient, and a great defender who occasionally makes some dumb fouls 40 feet from the basket.

novaman

Benchwarmer

Not so sure. Lin's been improving He's looking tons better now compared to that Heat game. I think he might surprise a lot of people if the knicks make the playoffs

skisloper

Starter
Do you still prefer that JR start? Because I would say otherwise, the guy chucks way too many bad shots up.(10 threes this game) At the same time he grabbed 10 boards.

I think Shump should be starting he's proven to be effecient, and a great defender who occasionally makes some dumb fouls 40 feet from the basket.

Leave ist the way it is.....
Lin, Fields, Melo, Chandler and Novak ( no Stat or jeffries )

Davis, Shump, Jr, Josh......

also prefer TD over bibby or at least a shot...

skisloper

Starter
I think the conclusion we can draw from this game is that all things being equal the Knicks are better off with Lin as the starter because he's younger and can bring more energy for longer periods of time than BD can. BD is showing his age and while he was quite effective in the first half really ran out of gas in the 4th. He couldn't create on the offensive end and couldn't cover defensively.

Look at Amare and his injury.....we need Davis to have limited minutes.....we need him healthy if we make the playoffs.....with no Back-up to LIN we are dead.....A LIN or Davis loss would be much worse of a loss then losing Amare.

KingCharles34

All Star
Both of them are painful to watch, I cant wait for RJ to retire. Hes gettin there

I generally don't go by stats personally....... J.R. Smith had a bad shooting night, but he also played his heart out............ It's as if the players didn't care about stats, all clamped down defensively, and focused on the win.

If players rebound and play defense, I generally toss the offensive stats out the window.

I dont like to go by stats either but its my only option until i catch the replay. Lately since Woodson took over they haven't cared about stats, and the stats have told us very little of whats actually happened lately. Defense is alot more then just steals, blocks, and rebounds. Someone like Jeffries can do close to nothing statistically but have a big impact on defense. So i do think once I watch this game Ill agree with what your saying although there is a big gap in free throw attempts. But perhaps the Knicks were alot more aggressive going to the rim, or maybe the refs made bad calls. Or the Bucks coulda picked up careless fouls.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Look at Amare and his injury.....we need Davis to have limited minutes.....we need him healthy if we make the playoffs.....with no Back-up to LIN we are dead.....A LIN or Davis loss would be much worse of a loss then losing Amare.
Agreed...... 48 minutes of good defensive play from the PG position alone makes the whole defense look better........

Amare's achilles has been his defense...... He gets some spectacular blocks on occasion, but is often lost on the defensive side of the ball....... He also allows too many offensive rebounds..... Note the contrast to the game in Milwaukee...... Tonight, this team missed 54 shots and got only nine offensive rebounds........ Compare the game in Milwaukee, the Bucks had 17 offensive rebounds on 48 missed shots. That, folks, is the difference between winning and losing.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Both of them are painful to watch, I cant wait for RJ to retire. Hes gettin there

I dont like to go by stats either but its my only option until i catch the replay. Lately since Woodson took over they haven't cared about stats, and the stats have told us very little of whats actually happened lately. Defense is alot more then just steals, blocks, and rebounds. Someone like Jeffries can do close to nothing statistically but have a big impact on defense. So i do think once I watch this game Ill agree with what your saying although there is a big gap in free throw attempts. But perhaps the Knicks were alot more aggressive going to the rim, or maybe the refs made bad calls. Or the Bucks coulda picked up careless fouls.

Bucks couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn. Air-Ball symphony - a tour-de-force, other than the terminator dunleavy. (probably the one guy I would pay money for to see join the knicks - hes a beast)

Without Mike Dunleavy ( who should be a starter ) - they were at risk of a 40-50pt blow-out by the 3rd quarter.

If the Bucks had shot as they have in the last 2 weeks, we would have been blown out - with just average showing.

Credit Chandler, Carmelo - BEASTING it on the Rebounds & shutting down dunleavy), JR Smith HUSTLE, and some Novak rebounds - for a lot of that win. Shumpert nails some shots toward the end that hold the lead - and Melo holding steady @ the free throw-line. We won with hustle and free-throws, we shot relatively poorly as well ( Melo did well shooting in the 1st Q ).

JR Smith made some solid moves to shoot inside the arc and take it to the basket.

Baron had several mistakes, turn-overs, was turning into a gas-less player at times, walking, just slow-motion dribble then slow-motion shoot then brick. Getting stolen from because he was just slowing down. He held it down though, needed him to play this one and hold it down for the team - in a must-win.
* getting pissy, blaming teammates for his own-travel because Jenning draped his body almost spread-eagle on BD.

* some people on these forums don't seem to realize that Baron could easily reinjure himself or have the same season-ending injury or related injury as Amare. All you guys are telling me is you have no experience with injuries and maintaining athletic performance - those that keep speaking as if Baron should play bulk minutes. Your going to end his career if you get what your asking for. I'm pretty much disgusted with several posters with no concern of Baron's future. The guy doesn't deserve some of the fans on these forums that want him to destroy his body - that is still on the mend.

Also for those clamoring that Lin can't compare at all to Baron Davis:

B. Davis :
34 Minutes

3/12 Field Goals Made/Attempts 25% shooting.

1/5 3PM-Attempts

6/6 Free Trhows

5 Rebounds

7 Assists

1 Steal

9 Turnovers vs the Bucks.

Last edited:

TakMan

Rotation player

Who is Jenkins?

Did I really name him Jenkins? That's what you get for trying to type a message at 6:00 a.m. Which brings me on to my next point. The reason I was up at that time was because I watch every Knicks game, despite having to get up for work around 2 hours after it's finished. If I went based on the box score, I would single out Davis as one of our worst performers. 25% shooting, and 9 TO's (that's more TO's than assists). In truth however he was one of our top performers. His defence was close to brilliant for the better part of 3 quarters. Both players he was responsible for guarding at different times had incredibly tough times (also indicated in their shooting %) Jennings only really looked dangerous in the 4th (logical to expect Davis to be dead by then considering his lack of conditioning). Davis' defence was intense most of the time he was on the court. His EFF was as good as Tyson Chandler's leaving the rest behind by miles.

Wow that was an ugly game of basketball!

Only positive about is that the Knicks escaped with the victory, but boy both teams played like shit.....Milwaukee were shocking, D-League style.

The Knicks weren't much better. In the end it was Chandler and his offensive rebounding that won us the game (Shumpert made some nice plays in crunchtime).

But in this current shape, neither the Knicks nor Bucks deserve to be in the Playoffs to be honest.....Chicago will tear us a new one if we play like this.

nyk_nyk

All Star
game mvp-ellis​

Thanks for getting us the win! :peace:

Edit: Nyk: no its games like this where you thank the bucks for playing like a piece of crap. Stop being so dense.

Oh so I guess we didn't have to play any defense or rebound. Remember that guy Dunleavy who was on fire in the first half?? Well he was shut down after that.

Give the damn coach and team some credit. Amateur