Balkman to Denver (OFFICIAL)

Paul1355

All Star
To Metro: final Balkman statement
i watched enough games to realize Balkman was a joke. Balkman stood out on the court, cuz he made everyone laugh. Blew so many easy shots and then when he was fouled, he made only 43% of them. All the shots he made except one three pointer, was usually within 2 feet of the basket so his 48% fg percentage is pathetic. He's a fan favorite and i listed why many times before i dont want to keep repeating myself. Last time...energy, athleticism and defense...thats it.

Mike D disagrees with your opinion on Balkman, so stop crying that your boyfriend is gone.:boohoo:

Paul1355

All Star
48% FG is pathetic?
Balkman is a joke?
boyfriend?

I'll let you be ignorant bro, your freedom.

lol no hard feelings, every shot he took was within 2 feet of the basket thats why i pointed that out.

BTW honest question.....You pissed off that Mike D felt that Balkman wouldnt fit in his style and get any playing time?

TunerAddict

Starter
Closer shots are harder to make because you have MEN in your grill. You gonna make lots of shots with Shaq or Zo staring you down?

Paul1355

All Star
Closer shots are harder to make because you have MEN in your grill. You gonna make lots of shots with Shaq or Zo staring you down?

Balk is 6'8 with great athleticism...Marbury is 6'3 you think he misses alot of close shots? thats what he is best at..attacking the backet wit BIG MEN in his grill. Even Nate attacks the basket against big men sometimes and doesnt miss. Balkman doesnt have that ability, even with his great jumping ability and athleticism. He doesnt have post moves and that makes him look bad when shooting up close...and he airballs ALOT of easy shots, i wouldnt say this all the time if i didnt see it all the time. To give the excuse that closer shots are harder is really weak, since so many guards drive to the basket knowing that the height is at a disadvantage were Balkman is pretty tall and has the jumping ability.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I see you weren't smart enough to finish your assignment.
You failed the class.

F_Grade.jpg

You're a F level poster, all you could do is call me "stupid" because I'm not hugging Crawford's nuts and giving reasonable reasons why Balkman did good for this team?

You're an unemployed Crawfordsexual, you're a professional at cleaning Crawford's ass with baby wipes. Don't try to front on here.

Look at what you're doing.

You're comparing Crawford's 40 minutes
to Balkman's 15 minutes.

Is that logical at all?
No.

You're acting like as if its equal.
Thats one of the dumbest things I've heard, almost as bad as the stuff on REALGM.

Do you know any math at all?

Do you know 15 minutes doesn't equal 40 minutes?
You're making yourself look bad here.
The sad part, you based your whole argument on that! LMAO
You're as one dimensional as your Sex God, Jamal when it comes to posting.

Crawford played most minutes on the Knicks, he's accountable for why we're so bad offensively and defensively.

Any Knick fan who watches the games throughly and doesn't focus and zoom in on Crawford's culo during the game will know the following.

Crawford's overdribbling makes the offense stagnant and makes defense easy for the other team.
When Crawford overdribbles, the offense becomes slow, he kills the pace and flow of the offense.
When you add that with a slow minded Eddy Curry, you're going to get a lot of 24 shot clock violations.

Crawford's inability to play within the offense has hurt us ever since his arrival here.

It is a fact that Crawford is more comfortable playing freestyle.

Whats the problem though?

Crawford isn't that good.
Crawford isn't Kobe
Crawford isn't Baron Davis.

To have Crawford play so much isolation and freestyle one on one will equal to a non efficient offense.

I mean, who really wants Crawford as their primary guy? He's the worst primary scoring in the NBA. Curry was the worst the year before.

These are C level palyers, just like Balkman.

How do I rank my players?

On terms of production, intangibles, overall talent, ability, and skill on offense and defense, experience, knowledge of the game, and ability to play on both sides of the floor.

Crawford's PPG isn't bad.
But when you look at his defense, his FG% and his one dimensional game, he would be rated 75-78 in any video game. Thats really a C.

Check out the per 36 minute adjusted stats.

Who would you want?

Candidate A

16 ppg
40% FG
3 rpg
1.2 stl
4.7 apg
2.5 tpg

Candidate B

10 ppg
50% FG
9.1 rpg
1.5 apg
1.8 stl
1.5 blk

I would choose candidate B.

Reasons
*ability to do a little of everything.
*complimentary role player who won't keep the offense stagnant
*elite defender with almost 2 stl and 2 blk per game...great help defender
*limited offensively, but still a very solid all around C level player.

This what we need to understand.

Crawford and Balkman are C level players.

The only difference is that Crawford is more one dimensional, where Balkman comes from other dimensions and contributes.

Sure, we know he can't shoot or score, but you need some one to do other the all other stuff.

That what makes Balkman special.

Crawford plays like a 6"2 off guard that belongs on the bench. He's nothing special since theres a tons of combo guards in the NBA and in the free agent market.

You always need those energic defenders off the bench, especially come playoff time.

See,

I think about WIN

When I envision the future for the Knicks, I envision WINS.

Thats why I supported the Gallinari pick.

He's a experienced winner.

Over Gordon.

Who plays exactly like Crawford with no handle and has no experience winning.

Keeping Balkman? WIN.

Having Crawford clock 40 minutes a game? 23 WINS a season.

All those stats you posted, throw them in the garbage.

Why?

Balkman was injured during that period.

Isiah didn't have a set rotation.

Balkman his rookie season averaged a double double per 36 minutes.

Every Knick fan knows Balkman's ability to ignite the offense with his defense.

As alway everyone knows Crawford's chucks, misses and turnovers ignites the other teams offense with open fastbreaks.

These are facts you can only get from watching the game.

If you can't see that, then you need to rewatch the games over again.

Cylde constantly breaks down Balkman's DEFENSIVE PROWESS and how the Knicks do better as a fast break team.

Toons, no offense; but you're pretty whack.
Swagger jacking off me? Damn, you can't be creative yourself?
I guess you learn from the best.

Paul1355, you haven't proved you watch much games at all.

LMAO HAHAHAHAHA
Im foolish for comparing minutes?? and ur comparing a guard and a foward??
as i posted b4, obviously u cant read, it was not a direct comparison, it was merely to prove you wrong. I never compared them, the reason i posted crawfords stats were to say he played shitty during our losing streak, and he played well in our winning streak. typical of you to run to your lame ass, old ass crawford criticism for a comeback.....get sum new material man, shits getting old. so, bottom line, when we won, crawford played well, balkman played like shit. His free throw percentage is lower than eddy curry for gods sake. BALKMAN CANT EVEN MAKE A LAYUP IN TRAFFIC, judging by the way u rate your players, balkman deserved a D. If u read my previous posts, i said he was a good role player, i just have to stand up and show everyone the light, HE WAS NOT THAT GOOD, he was not a factor in a winnign or losing streak, he was just there....Balkman is a broke JYD....nothing more, until he proves himself, until he improves his knowledge of the game, his offensive awareness, his finishing ability, his control, his free throw shooting, and his attitude when it comes to playing time. Balkmans per 36 min stats are also decieveing because he got a lot of garbage time....when we were down 20 in the 4th with a few minutes to go.....lmao hahahahaha, u need to watch more games!!! u need to realize, no1 is supporting u....it was a good move by donnie, balkman was expendable because we got gallo, we got chandler, we got q....ur make believe lineup totally disregards n8, freddy jones, cris duhon, roberson and crawford. Chandler will not play 2, qrich WILL NOT play 2..stop being STUPID Jackass

Toons

is the Bo$$
if balkman was that good, he would earn his 38 mins per game. If he can stay out of foul trouble and play with a little bit of intellegence, he would play more minutes....and for your information, he was benched because of flu like symptoms. i believe that is bullshit, he just wasnt playing up to the hype of 2006-2007

Toons

is the Bo$$
and to end the arguement, because this guys brain is too small to comprehend, Balkman is God, he is the closest thing to artest in the NBA, he can do it all, he can average a double double if given 38 mins, and he will average 2 blocks and 2 steals and 1 turnover. LMAOOOOOO
HAHAHAHAH
DELUSIONAL!!

GetRealistic

Starter
I predict the following response will be filled with pictures, animations, and youtube videos. Possibly even a suggestion that Toons should stop being so frustrated and emotional.

metrocard

Legend
lol no hard feelings, every shot he took was within 2 feet of the basket thats why i pointed that out.

BTW honest question.....You pissed off that Mike D felt that Balkman wouldnt fit in his style and get any playing time?

EVERY shot he took was close range?

Stay ignorant.

You need to reword your garbage.

(Majority of the shots he took were close range)

79% of Balkman's shots are inside
He almost shoots 60% from inside. So how is that pathetic? You just owned yourself with lack of research and overconfidence in your ignorance.

21% of Balkman's shots are jumpers.

Go 82games.com

Toons, you need a new gameplan.
Repeating yourself.
Not able to conduct a proper sentence.
Being defensive.
Not bringing any facts to the table.
Just a delusional perspective of Crawford.

I mean, you're saying stupid a lot, but you thought 15 minutes per game = 40 minutes per game.

The worst part of the thing is that you based your entire argument on that garbage so now its basically impossible for you to dig yourself out of this hole.

I mean, you're not even confident or comfortable with what you're saying right now.
Your sentences are random; and you're even replying after your own post with things you forgot to mention.

Relax, take it easy. You're putting too much effort and less thought into this.

You're the biggest on this idiot on this site since the days of Carpy/1 and Only.

15 minutes doesn't equal 40 minutes.
Its not a comparison.

We're comparing players, not positions.
It seems you have difficulty understanding facts that don't support your gay mission for Crawford.

Crawford misses a lot of layups too in traffic and in the half court.
Mentally he's just not there.
The talent is there.

Garbage time?
Crawford played 40 minutes a game, so according to you he played a lot of garbage time too.
Crawford MADE the game garbage time.
When Balkman came into the game his energy and prowess on defense would normally cut down a 20 point deceit to 10.

But lets check out Crawford's stats.

98 bad passes.
76 ball handle turnovers.
86% of his shots attempted from jumpshots from the perimeter
14% inside where he shot a poor 43% compared to Balkman's 60%

Crawford on the floor (he gets 80% of the minutes)
Team averages
97 points on OFFENSE
102 points on DEFENSE
21 wins
51 losses
-348 points differential

Balkman on the floor (he gets 23% of the minutes)
Team averages
94 points on OFFENSE
98 points on DEFENSE
21 wins
38 losses (13 loss less compared to Crawford's)
-98 points differential

The most used line up for the Knicks was

Marbury-Crawford-Richardson-Randolph-Curry

Stats for that line up was:
-102 on +/- differential
4 - 16 record 20% winning percentage

+/- = the team net points for the unit.
# W = number of games a unit outscored its opponents while on the court.

# L = number of games a unit was outscored by its opponents while on the court.

Put Balkman into the line up, check out what happends:

Robinson-Crawford-Balkman-Lee-Randolph
-17 +/-
6 wins
5 losses

a .500 team basically.

I'm also comparing Balkman's worse season to Crawford's best season.

If you look at the season before:

Balkman had a Roland Rating of 3, where Crawford has a rating of 2. The best rating was Lee,with a 7.

In the 2006-07 season.

Guess when was our defense was at it best?

Balkman on the floor.

We stopped opponents to 93 points per game with Balkman on the floor.

With Crawford on the floor, we allowed 101 points per game.

Defense > Offense.

Net Points per 100 Possessions

Balkman
+2.2 ON COURT

-5.3 OFF COURT

+7.5 NET

Crawford
-3.7 ON COURT

-2.8 OFF COURT

-0.9 NET

Conclusion, in 06-07 we were a better defensive team and a team more capable of winning with Balkman on the court.

Where as Crawford is accountable for majority of the losing since he got the most minutes and played really a minor role in the winning when Lee, Robinson, and Balkman were the nucleus of our runs.

Crawford has to go.
He didn't even have 10 dunks in the season.
He only had 6.
Dunks aren't everything, but;
Dude is a 6"5 200 pound SG.
Balkman had about 30 in way lesser minutes.
Dunks sometimes get your time energized.
Where as chucks, turnovers, traveling, misses, girly defense depresses your team.
Balkman is like extacy, where as Crawford is like really bad weed from Harlem.
He's very soft and not a physical player.
This is NYC, no b*tch*ssn*ggas like you.
Crawford's and Curry's style of player is anti 1990's Knicks.
Anyone who favors them obviously doesn't favor the Knicks winning.
This is where you get questioned as a Knick fan, and earn certification as a Crawfordsexual.

Chandler, Robinson, Balkman and Lee are all great players.

Isiah gave minutes to midwest favorites in Jefferies, Randolph, Curry and Crawford.

Its not about being "how good" you are.

Crawford on the Spurs wouldn't get any minutes and would get cut from the team with his inability to play defense and team basketball.

Where as Balkman can be Bruce Bowen's replacement and make a career out of playing defense and rebounding.

Thats the difference between the two.

Balkman = wins

Crawford = losses

Facts are facts. Balkman is the more productive player per 36 minutes.

36 minutes = 36 minutes

15 doesn't equal 40.

Are you really this uneducated?

Go do your homework I told you to do.

I predict the following response will be filled with pictures, animations, and youtube videos. Possibly even a suggestion that Toons should stop being so frustrated and emotional.

Go eat a dick.

GetRealistic

Starter
So emotional Metro. I"m thinking your frustrated in other ways and are taking it out on others. Very ignorant to act like that.

TunerAddict

Starter
Balk is 6'8 with great athleticism...Marbury is 6'3 you think he misses alot of close shots? thats what he is best at..attacking the backet wit BIG MEN in his grill. Even Nate attacks the basket against big men sometimes and doesnt miss. Balkman doesnt have that ability, even with his great jumping ability and athleticism. He doesnt have post moves and that makes him look bad when shooting up close...and he airballs ALOT of easy shots, i wouldnt say this all the time if i didnt see it all the time. To give the excuse that closer shots are harder is really weak, since so many guards drive to the basket knowing that the height is at a disadvantage were Balkman is pretty tall and has the jumping ability.

Lol. There is a big difference between a guard that drives to the basket and is facing guys that are switching off onto him and a guy that is facing a one on one defensive situation.

Guard that drives beat his man and has an open shot. Its up to the D to collapse on him. Much easier shot. You arguement really isn't accurate because you're comparing an easy shot, where a guard has beat his man, to one where a guy is facing up to a PF/C. Not even close to being the same.

Paul1355

All Star
To Metro:

Unless you have amnesia, i said in other posts in this thread that usually he took close shots...after we had our stupid argument i said every because i was tired of tellin you how bad he was offensively. he made one three and was 1-12 from dowtown...you were right on his stats for shooting close...your percent equals to the word "usually" that i said. Your really hard-headed on Balkman being good. If you really cared about Balkman getting minutes then you should have agreed with this trade. He will get more minutes in Denver and show his "amazing" ability. On this team he wouldnt get many minutes and there are reasons why which you dont agree with...and thats what it comes down to.

Paul1355

All Star
Lol. There is a big difference between a guard that drives to the basket and is facing guys that are switching off onto him and a guy that is facing a one on one defensive situation.

Guard that drives beat his man and has an open shot. Its up to the D to collapse on him. Much easier shot. You arguement really isn't accurate because you're comparing an easy shot, where a guard has beat his man, to one where a guy is facing up to a PF/C. Not even close to being the same.

Look at D-Wade in this video. He is always driving with atelast one big man still to beat and most of the time gets double teamed by guys much taller than him and still makes post shots.

Balkman is taller and has great athleticism, if D-Wade can post up big men then Balkman should do it. I hope D-Wade becomes a Knick in 2010.

jzero29

Rotation player
Metro,

Who???????????
I'm sure with the draft pick we aquired in the trade, there will be someone who can replace balkman. There are a lot of hustling players in college with no offense that never make pros. I'm sure we could find another. I'm saying maybe we'll get lucky and get one with some offensive game as well.

metrocard

Legend
I'm sure with the draft pick we aquired in the trade, there will be someone who can replace balkman. There are a lot of hustling players in college with no offense that never make pros. I'm sure we could find another. I'm saying maybe we'll get lucky and get one with some offensive game as well.

Exactly, you failed to answer the question.

Balkman didn't need to be traded.
Couldn't we have send him down to the NBDL or send one of the guys on the roster to the NBDL?

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Exactly, you failed to answer the question.

Balkman didn't need to be traded.
Couldn't we have send him down to the NBDL or send one of the guys on the roster to the NBDL?

I liked Balkman's defense, rebounding, and hustle.

The word I heard is that in summer league he was totally lost when they tried to teach him the new system. D'Antoni might also have had an issue with some of his habits/attitude. I think certain "character" qualities rate high for the new coach and he's willing to part ways with more talented players if he doesn't like what he sees.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Crawford has to go.
He didn't even have 10 dunks in the season.
He only had 6.
Dunks aren't everything, but;
Dude is a 6"5 200 pound SG.
Balkman had about 30 in way lesser minutes.
Dunks sometimes get your time energized.
Where as chucks, turnovers, traveling, misses, girly defense depresses your team.
Balkman is like extacy, where as Crawford is like really bad weed from Harlem.
He's very soft and not a physical player.
This is NYC, no b*tch*ssn*ggas like you.
Crawford's and Curry's style of player is anti 1990's Knicks.
Anyone who favors them obviously doesn't favor the Knicks winning.
This is where you get questioned as a Knick fan, and earn certification as a Crawfordsexual.

damn metro, this may be the dumbest shyt u ever said, dunks?????that shyt dont mean anything, i remember the team b4 isiah came, that team didnt have a player who can get us a dunk, it was only clareance weatherspoon who gave us a occasional dunk, and how can u support houston and then say a comment like dat??houston probably had 1 dunk his last 3 seasons wit the knicks but im not knocking em for dat cuz thats not his game or crawfords either, and by the way when balkman was in da game crawford and nate was also in da game, crawford and bench was probably the most effective sqaud

youpddd

Rookie

my understanding of the nbdl is
1- a player assigned to the nbdl has to be a rookie or sophomore
2- the player is still on your 15 man roster. inside hoops says the player will be put on the inactive list, that doesn't me he won't be on the roster.

for further information go to http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-development-league.shtml