At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?

When will you say/admit that the Knicks are a better team without Stephon Marbury?

• If the Knicks get to ten games over .500 in games played without him

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • ... 5 games over .500 in games played without him

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ... get to .500 in games played without him

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No matter how much they win or lose they're already better.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Just coincidence/bad luck that its happened for the 4th time in his career, should change his #to 13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pfft you know nothing about basketball, he is and always will be Starbury so fuck all you haters.

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
loooooooolso drunk

lol @ you niggas actign like starbury fucked your mother...mad envy on one ngiga

lol their mothers are all interns that worked for the Knicks and Marbury fucked all them, thats what they got against him. For whatever reason they blame marbury instead of Isiah which is what makes them Isiahsexuals. People should do jail time for defendin Isiah, thats a crime. I have several unanswered facts and stats in here. Welcome back Metro, big fight tonight. Im predictin a 5th round knock out, not sure by who but sumones gettin knocked out in the 5th round.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I would love to see him go to Atlanta, thats where im hopin he ends up.

There are only 2 ways Marbury ends up in Atlanta:
1) Atlanta trade their entire roster to NY in so they can Match Marbueys salary.
2) The Knicks buy out his contract and release him then Atlanta signs him for the league minimum.
I am betting on 2.....

Letting Marbury out of his contract would be stupid for the knicks to do at this point. I would see what I could use it for over the summer, if there was a deal that I could pull off to really bring in some guys to help. Or if I could use it by the trade dead line. Freeing him up to play for whom ever he wants while we foot the bill is just BS in my book. If we are going to pay for him, then he is going to sweat it out with the rest of the team. If he wants to pout and play at half talent, then all he will do is lower his own value! If he is willing to forgo his last year in order to sign with a team of his choice, then that's a different story. I would make that deal today!!!!

metrocard

Legend
thank you, i've been saying this for a while now, isiah brung stephon to be our leader and he failed.....

Please stop being dumb.

He took us to the playoffs. He was a damn GOOD leader on the floor for his first season. Unfortunately Isiah failed to compliment the BEST PLAYER on this team and went out and got Crawford who made our offense discombobulated. Isiah got another discombobulated offensive player in Curry, making it harder for the team to win.

Isiah is a jerkoff and an awful coach, but hes still the coach. The players run the system the coach calls for.

What system? The 23 second delayed isolation Crawford system or the 18 second waiting for Curry to get in position for an inefficient play system?

Trivia for you guys.

You subtract Marbury from the current roster, then I give a question of have this "Marburyless" roster ever taken the Knicks to the playoffs? Even at least one guy on this team?

The last good season we had was LEAD by Marbury, theres no debating that.

MSG shut this worthless thread down, we''ll always be one of the worst teams in the NBA with or without Marbury. Stop riding his dick as the problem and supposedly solution to everything. Our biggest problems go pass beyond Marbury. No need to mention them they've been mention already.

Last edited:
I just can't let you get away with that one metro. The last good season we had was led By Van Gundy, Camby, Spre etc etc. Finishing 39-43 in an atrocious eastern conference, that was good enough to get a 7th seed to only get humiliated by the Nets in a 1st round sweep is not a successful season. I hope your standards with women are higher then your standards for the Knicks.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The more I read this thread, the more obvious the problem becomes.

The one thing we can all agree on is that a lot of people don't like Marbury. Unfortunately that includes some of his former and current teammates. It really doesn't matter why people dislike him or whether it is all justified or not. It's a simple and obvious fact.

Personally, I don't think it's possible for a team to function well when some of the players don't like one of the other key players on the team. That goes double when that player is the PG and is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team.

It really doesn't matter how talented Marbury is.

It really doesn't matter if he's the best player on the team.

It really doesn't matter what he would be able to do with better players around him.

It really doesn't matter what his individual stats look like.

It really doesn't matter how bad the coach is.

It doesn't matter how much he gives to kids privately.

It doesn't matter why people don't like him.

For Marbury to succeed in any way, shape, or form he's going to have to either change his personality or find a team that likes him the way he is. I don't think that place is NY.

metrocard

Legend
I just can't let you get away with that one metro. The last good season we had was led By Van Gundy, Camby, Spre etc etc. Finishing 39-43 in an atrocious eastern conference, that was good enough to get a 7th seed to only get humiliated by the Nets in a 1st round sweep is not a successful season. I hope your standards with women are higher then your standards for the Knicks.

You didn't watch the Knicks in 03-04, don't speak to me. I said the LAST good Knicks season you pendejo, meaning most recent. We went 23-19 with Marbury and had a solid defense, and lost to an elite Nets team in the first round, still it was a huge turn around and we had something going until Isiah decided to go on a trade madness. You're hating on the Knicks now for making the playoffs. Making the playoffs isn't even successful compared to where we're at right now? You disgust me really, anytime Knicks make the playoffs, I feel really good because I'm a fan knowing they're getting experience and can build off that next season. At this point with all the mess Isiah created, making the playoffs is hopeless; we have a roster set up with losing players that can never lead this team the playoffs, not even once.

Marbury lead this team all 5 seasons as a Knick? You're really an idiot.

Marbury only had control of this team for like 2 seasons, once Crawford came here and then Curry, they were proclaimed as the cornerstone players and were given more touches. Marbury agreed to decrease his shot attempts so two lesser players in Curry and Crawful would get more touches, which resulted in more losing. How is that leading a team to losing? Marbury just agreed to play within Isiah's losing method.

lol...don't even come here and lie about your game with bitches, I'm not even here to argue silly childish shit like that, you do your thing I do my mines...why goods with your assumptions lately? You forgot to spit facts?

The more I read this thread, the more obvious the problem becomes.

The one thing we can all agree on is that a lot of people don't like Marbury. Unfortunately that includes some of his former and current teammates. It really doesn't matter why people dislike him or whether it is all justified or not. It's a simple and obvious fact.

Personally, I don't think it's possible for a team to function well when some of the players don't like one of the other key players on the team. That goes double when that player is the PG and is supposed to be one of the leaders on the team.

It really doesn't matter how talented Marbury is.

It really doesn't matter if he's the best player on the team.

It really doesn't matter what he would be able to do with better players around him.

It really doesn't matter what his individual stats look like.

It really doesn't matter how bad the coach is.

It doesn't matter how much he gives to kids privately.

It doesn't matter why people don't like him.

For Marbury to succeed in any way, shape, or form he's going to have to either change his personality or find a team that likes him the way he is. I don't think that place is NY.

It doesn't matter what you post.

knicklover

Benchwarmer

That was pretty funny, but you know I'm telling the truth.

Just read this forum, any Knicks blog, any newspaper etc.... Many of his current and former teammates don't like him and neither does a huge precentage of the fans or press. A team simply can't win under those conditions. That makes all these debates about 03-04, individual stats, leadership etc.... meaningless.

All I am doing is reporting the reality of the situation. Even if I loved him (no homo), it wouldn't change that reality.

metrocard

Legend
Hating Marbury personality isn't really going to do anything or prove anything correct.

If you hate him so much, go fight him. I wish every Marbury hater on here got in line to fight against a 6"2 205 lb dude from BK and get their ass kicked on video, that would be a pleasure. Debo time.

Trin_Starr

Starter
neither does a huge precentage of the fans or press.

So how do you account for the fact that he has the 9th most selling jersey.
Somebody must be buying em??

Top 15 Jerseys:
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Allen Iverson
4. LeBron James
5. Steve Nash
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Gilbert Arenas
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Carmelo Anthony
11. Kevin Durant
12. Paul Pierce
13. Tracy McGrady
14. Dwight Howard
15. Chris Paul

http://www.cnbc.com/id/22663891

metrocard

Legend

Top 15 Jerseys:
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Allen Iverson
4. LeBron James
5. Steve Nash
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Gilbert Arenas
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Carmelo Anthony
11. Kevin Durant
12. Paul Pierce
13. Tracy McGrady
14. Dwight Howard
15. Chris Paul

owned.jpg

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Hating Marbury personality isn't really going to do anything or prove anything correct.

If you hate him so much, go fight him. I wish every Marbury hater on here got in line to fight against a 6"2 205 lb dude from BK and get their ass kicked on video, that would be a pleasure. Debo time.

True, expressing one's hate towards him will not change or correct anything. But, expressing your opinion about Marbury is exactly what this thread is asking for and seems to be more active than any other thread on the site right now!

I would agree that the Knicks problem goes WAY beyond Marbury at this point. In order for the Knicks to start righting this ship they need to make some key personnel changes and both Marbury and Isiah should be at the top of the list along with a few other players! The philosophy that is in place right now is so non-productive and clueless that unless there is a change soon; the Knicks situation might become irreplaceable for a long time. If we bring in anymore high priced long term contracts to add on to what we already have; this City and this Franchise will enter an ice age! Not that we are far from on now. Marbury is just one component, be it a key component, to what ails the Knicks. Marbury, Curry, Crawford and now Randolph epitomizes the character and attitude of a NY Knick! Is it Marbury's fault that Isiah basically cloned him with the acquisitions that he made? No, but Marbury also made it impossible for multiple coaches to put any type of system in place if it didn't make him the focal point of attack. All the Stephon supporters say that He didn't ask to be a leader or a mentor or a floor general, yet he has stated many times (to reporters) that he can't understand why he is not looked upon as one of the premier players in this league and why his PG skills isn't heralded. When you have a "me" attitude as a 6'2" guard, where your agenda comes before an entire organization throughout your whole career; do you really think you are going to be hoisted up and revered?
Isiah is another one, he sits time after time in front of the camera with that sugary sweet attitude and charm and with the biggest set up balls that has come down the pike, has the nerve to say that he has made this team better than it has been in a long time. I mean, the nerve of this man to talk to every Knick fan and beat reporter like we a retards is appalling. What is worse, he actually believes that he has improved this team. Talking about illusions of grandeur! What ever he is smoking or swallowing is some of the most potent stuff ever created to believe he is the savior he thinks he is. Talking about a spin doctor!!!!!!
So no it is not all Stephon's fault but yes he is a huge part. If Isiah is the gasoline, Marbury is the fire fore sure!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

Top 15 Jerseys:
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Allen Iverson
4. LeBron James
5. Steve Nash
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Gilbert Arenas
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Carmelo Anthony
11. Kevin Durant
12. Paul Pierce
13. Tracy McGrady
14. Dwight Howard
15. Chris Paul

i actually contributed to that, lol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
What did Lee say in the press conference.......umm what was it? Oh yeah, he said the whole team supports Marbury, they want him back, and they all know hes a real good guy.

Anyone still arguin against Marbury is a F*ckin idiot

I dropped more knowledge then Krs on everyone. I brought up several key points and facts that were never responded to.

Metro has owned everyone. Now Trin Star comes in and owns Knicklover. This arguement was over so long ago.

Props to Metro, Trin Star, GoknicksDlee42, ABCD, and Pricey. We shut them the F*ck down!!!!! I wish they came with more, it was kind of boring and too easy.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
simple and plain, stephon is a shooting guard in a PGs body, he's is not a floor general and isiah belief that stephon was going be the savior failed, if stephon dont get his act together, he never going win a damn thing

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star

Top 15 Jerseys:
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Allen Iverson
4. LeBron James
5. Steve Nash
6. Dwyane Wade
7. Gilbert Arenas
8. Dirk Nowitzki
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Carmelo Anthony
11. Kevin Durant
12. Paul Pierce
13. Tracy McGrady
14. Dwight Howard
15. Chris Paul

Steph is the only name player on arguably the largest market in the country so its no surprise his jersey sells. He is cool with all the "tats" and hip-hop image and rebellious attitude so that sells. But the fact that 25 and unders buy his jersey does not make him a good teamate and that's what we are talking about here.

MSG--I know you think you are droppin all this knowledge on us, but the fact is there are plenty of us Knicks fans that will never like Steph in a Knick uni. Four out of five since Steph quit on us again should be telling you a lot. The Knicks are playing there best hoops of the season without all of the drama Steph brings along with the talent. If you can't see that than you can't see the forest because all of the trees.

metrocard

Legend
simple and plain, stephon is a shooting guard in a PGs body, he's is not a floor general and isiah belief that stephon was going be the savior failed, if stephon dont get his act together, he never going win a damn thing

oh word my brother?

ya a bunch of haters, if u say marbury is wack, u must think the whole knick squad is wack cuz marbury is the best...marbury is not a larry brown PG, he is also a better shooter than passer...only thing i dont like about marbury is that sometimes he over passes, he sometimes passes too much and thats cuz he trying to keep all ya haters happy

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2370

Check out that thread, Trinn Starr holding it down as a one man wrecking team...posted the facts, articles, and drop the knowledge, basically deboing heads.

You didn't watch the Knicks in 03-04, don't speak to me. I said the LAST good Knicks season you pendejo, meaning most recent. We went 23-19 with Marbury and had a solid defense, and lost to an elite Nets team in the first round, still it was a huge turn around and we had something going until Isiah decided to go on a trade madness. You're hating on the Knicks now for making the playoffs. Making the playoffs isn't even successful compared to where we're at right now? You disgust me really, anytime Knicks make the playoffs, I feel really good because I'm a fan knowing they're getting experience and can build off that next season. At this point with all the mess Isiah created, making the playoffs is hopeless; we have a roster set up with losing players that can never lead this team the playoffs, not even once.

Marbury lead this team all 5 seasons as a Knick? You're really an idiot.

Marbury only had control of this team for like 2 seasons, once Crawford came here and then Curry, they were proclaimed as the cornerstone players and were given more touches. Marbury agreed to decrease his shot attempts so two lesser players in Curry and Crawful would get more touches, which resulted in more losing. How is that leading a team to losing? Marbury just agreed to play within Isiah's losing method.

lol...don't even come here and lie about your game with bitches, I'm not even here to argue silly childish shit like that, you do your thing I do my mines...why goods with your assumptions lately? You forgot to spit facts?

Dude if you think going 39-43, getting swept and humiliated by the Nets in the first round is a successful season then you and I really can't have a conversation about anything knick related. In fact yes, I would rather have a poor record with young players like we've had the past few seasons then a team of Stephon Marbury and a bunch of over the hill, veteran cast offs that isn't going anywhere.