Proof to the Isiahsexuals that cap space does matter

I think the solution is simple: Fire IT the GM. Retain IT the coach. I think he's a decent coach -- the players respond to him, and he protects his players in return. No doubt the team appears to work better this year under IT as opposed to last year under Brown's tutelage.

Some people have already commented that IT has shown enough progress that Dolan will keep him around next year. I would be fine with that so long as the GM decisions are being made by someone with the ability to fix the cap chaos this team has been dealing with for too long.

Allen

Benchwarmer
I think the solution is simple: Fire IT the GM. Retain IT the coach. I think he's a decent coach -- the players respond to him, and he protects his players in return. No doubt the team appears to work better this year under IT as opposed to last year under Brown's tutelage.

Some people have already commented that IT has shown enough progress that Dolan will keep him around next year. I would be fine with that so long as the GM decisions are being made by someone with the ability to fix the cap chaos this team has been dealing with for too long.

Actually, I agree with this sentiment. As a coach he's been good, but as a gm his record has been subpar. If Isiah was a better gm Vince Carter would be in a Knick uniform and Crawford would still be in Chicago. Also,

CHICAGO WOULDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SWITCH PICKS IN THE NEXT DRAFT.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Who cares about the 1st round pick now? It won't equate to Greg Oden. There some decent guys coming out but we only need an elite PG to learn from marbury. We have tons of forwards. So what have the Knicks truly lost? Curry come in and given us the production we need at the 5. Again we should just focus on another PG or SG. But at 3-5, we're good. Focus on what we have and where we are. The maybe we could have had Kobe is unfounded. Kobe even if we had cleared cap space, would always have the ability to sign with Lakers for the max. He would have had to take a paycut to come here, or a sign and trade. There's nobody on most rosters that I could see Kupchak (Los Angeles G.M.) giving Kobe away for. So explain how The Knicks Franchise could've obtained Kobe.

By the way, real mature name for this thread.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
HAHAAAAAA. Metro you must have been bored to start up this topic again. I'm just happy that you labled me donvito and not a monkey or a stalker. LoL.

I've come to Isiah's aid before for my own personal reasons and it has nothing to do with sexual preference because mine is pussy. I really didn't want to get on this but I've always felt that some people did not like the idea of NY having minority coaches or GMs. Sorry to be the first to play the "race card" but I think this point may be valid. Now this is not to say that Thomas hasn't made bad choices because he clearly has. I just don't remember this same outrage when Layden was running the show. It's been pointed out before of how so many fans love David Lee, a solid role player but not a star. Many of these same fans want Thomas' head for not starting Lee. You've got to wonder if race, scratch that, I hate that word, Ethnic background has anything to do with the love and hate of certain players.

metrocard

Legend
we could of should of had kobe etc?... didnt you make this thread to show what we could of should of would of had?.. so i dont get how you can yell at everyone for continuing on the topic you created. no offense man, that just seems hypocritical.

im not an isiah lover by any means. hes made a few bad moves.
1. Steve Francis.
2. Jerome James.
3. Maurice Taylor (since we gave up a second rounder with it)
4. Larry Brown (waste of a season)

LOL...hypocritical? Are you bugging now? You're not an Isiah apologist, but dares to say he made a few bad moves? Not even Isiahsexuals would say such a thing.

Listen, The Allan Houston thing wouldn't have been a problem if Dolan/Isiah left everything alone. We had tons of expiring contracts with Layden and cap space hope in the future in 03'. Now we have to wait to 08-09 for cap space.

No matter WHAT, The Dolan/Isiah regime will always be wrong for ignoring the cap space and thinking they can win with trades that don't favor the Knicks organization.

Cap space matters, get it over, now.

D

discosushi

Martini Madness Night at Proof

***spam***

Last edited by a moderator:

metrocard

Legend
word? lets get tipsy but 20 is too much, martinis is lite stuff you could get free at Subway Inn Bar in NYC

FameMos

Benchwarmer
After the 2008-2009 season we'll be able 2 get a big named player so Isaiah hasn't done the worst job in the world as Knicks GM. :2cents:

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
word? lets get tipsy but 20 is too much, martinis is lite stuff you could get free at Subway Inn Bar in NYC

at subway inn... $20 will get you fucked up... just remember to use the toilet somewhere else (the side of bloomingdale's is a nice target)... but martinis aint lite my dude... not my drink of choice... but definately not lite...

metrocard

Legend
at subway inn... $20 will get you fucked up... just remember to use the toilet somewhere else (the side of bloomingdale's is a nice target)... but martinis aint lite my dude... not my drink of choice... but definately not lite...

LOL, wooooooooord? my boy bartends down there.

they lite, have some shots of palo viejo around my block in BX...LOL, i brought that one time to my college, all the white kids were bugging.

metrocard

Legend
I am using no one's ID...it is I....the 1 and only...and lil boy...you seem kinda lonely. You take an article and you slant it to your propanda to tear Isiah's rep. Like most knick fans...we all know this isn't only on Isiah's shoulders. Again I give myself a break from your horrendous posts and other smart knick fans shut you down. I give congrats to you all for speaking the truth and show that the true knick fans are here. It's ridic how you blame isiah for everything....I say this thread deserves to be locked down, closed, and then burned to the ground...this doesn't make any sense other than to prove a horrible point on how "everything" is Isiah's fault...you need to hop off hater-hoe train "fan"...carry on knick fans....speak the truth!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

where did this fool go?

KingCharles34

All Star
word has it that he still posts here...under a different name. Hes probably one of the homo's that has Lebron in a Knicks jersey as his avi

bron.gif