Game thread: New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors 11/10/2018 [Game #13]

tiger0330

Legend
Early 3pm game in TOR. Toronto by far the best team in the EC this year. The Kawhi trade by Ujuri took them to the next level. Firing Casey and installing Nurse has not hurt them either, he's got JV coming off the bench and gone with a younger more mobile team with Siakma starting.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Tiger ....
Our 2nd unit Mudiay/Trier/Knox/Mario/Kanter out-performed our starters .. I dont understand why Fiz took them off the court with 7 min left in 2nd qtr. the lead kept switching .. now the starters are back on the court and the Raptors got a 8 pt lead with 6 min left in the 2nd qtr.

Broadway

All Star
Raptors broadcast said Knicks are

8th in the league pts off turnovers
6th in the league pts off 2nd chance

If I didn't flip-flop those stats around and heard correctly

Lineup of

Mudiay
Trier
Knox
Hezonja
Kanter

I feel is one of our most effective to put on the court doesn't matter who starts etc etc but these guys need to play more together. It's essentially the bench squad and if the perimeter players, play up to par you could swap out Kanter with MR.

tiger0330

Legend
You just had the feeling TOR would break out after one key play. Kanter tries to make a simple hand off pass but CJ steps in to steal it and OG converts a short 2 pt shot off the steal and TOR opens their biggest lead of 8 pts a few plays later. 48-40 TOR.

Broadway

All Star
Knits needs to focus on one thing and that's getting to the rim. When is the last time he flat out dunked the ball? Like he's 0 for his last 20-24 on 3s...he should stop taking them and drive hard to the rim.

tiger0330

Legend
TOR leads 64-53 at the half. THJ leads the scoring with 19, 13 in the 2nd qtr on 8-12 shooting but the team is shooting 37% 17% from 3.

Kiyaman

Legend
Raptors broadcast said Knicks are

8th in the league pts off turnovers
6th in the league pts off 2nd chance

If I didn't flip-flop those stats around and heard correctly

Lineup of

Mudiay
Trier
Knox
Hezonja
Kanter

I feel is one of our most effective to put on the court doesn't matter who starts etc etc but these guys need to play more together. It's essentially the bench squad and if the perimeter players, play up to par you could swap out Kanter with MR.

The 2nd unit bench players co-exist as a unit on offense/defense better than the starters .. I cant blame Kanter for being upset at being taking out the game the bench unit look like they were just warming up.

tiger0330

Legend
Knits needs to focus on one thing and that's getting to the rim. When is the last time he flat out dunked the ball? Like he's 0 for his last 20-24 on 3s...he should stop taking them and drive hard to the rim.
Nits is probably better off developing as a 3 pt sniper than a guy that drives the hoop for his buckets. If he can't be a consistent 3pt shooter, he should take shorter guys in the post with floaters and his post game. Looks like another year of development for the kid, question is when does he blossom if ever.

Broadway

All Star
Nits is probably better off developing as a 3 pt sniper than a guy that drives the hoop for his buckets. If he can't be a consistent 3pt shooter, he should take shorter guys in the post with floaters and his post game. Looks like another year of development for the kid, question is when does he blossom if ever.

Finally knocked down one in rhythm out of transition but those won't come often. I was speaking more of doing something to get him out of a shooting funk. Even shooters drive once in a while when their shot isn't falling. There aren't enough sets within our offense for him to be experimenting on his game. He needs to take advantage of what's in front of him accordingly

Kiyaman

Legend

The Raptors are giving double screen picks for their guards to go around .. Frank could be a scoring weapon if Fizdale could do the same

Kiyaman

Legend
End of the 3rd quarter .. Knicks 82 Raptors 100 .. Thanks to Fizdale decision making !!!
The Raptors never would have been able to build a 15 pt lead in the 3rd qt. if Fizdale would have let Kanter play 14 minute in the first half. The Raptors did not know what to do vs Mudiay & Kanter on the court.

tiger0330

Legend
The Raptors are giving double screen picks for their guards to go around .. Frank could be a scoring weapon if Fizdale could do the same
From what I've seen so far out of Fiz he's an overrated coach. Might have charisma and a line of BS, but as an x and o's coach he's mediocre. He's here for a few years so the other quality he supposedly has is he's a developmental coach, I want to see MRob looking like Siakam next season and Nits as good as Vanvleet.

Broadway

All Star
From what I've seen so far out of Fiz he's an overrated coach. Might have charisma and a line of BS, but as an x and o's coach he's mediocre. He's here for a few years so the other quality he supposedly has is he's a developmental coach, I want to see MRob looking like Siakam next season and Nits as good as Vanvleet.

His subs were terrible tonight, he should've went with the starters longer in the 2nd half...they came out with a little bit of fight. I was never high on Fiz would've preferred Jackson but I think he has shown some positives in the development area. He's just not developing "all" the guys we feel are the more longer term solutions

Kiyaman

Legend

Way overrated by knick management .. the thought of the Grizz players getting him FIRED stays on my mind.