Knicks vs Rockets Mon, Dec 17 Game Thread:

Red

TYPE-A
How bad is Melos ankle sprain? Is it worse than we're being told?

It appeared to be at least a high ankle sprain. My opinion when it happened was 2-6 weeks depending on grade which I hear they are reluctant to see the extent and have an MRI.

Anything less than that is a blessing. I saw a potential for knee ligament sprain/damage also.

That will take a while to fully heal. He will require a brace for support and limiting his movements that aggravate the injury. No rush, but lets hope no real damage.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Magic could have easily won game 1 of that series if Nick Anderson knew how to hit ft's. I think their youth and inexperience caused them to lose that series.

it still dont change the fact that Magic team were a 3-ball shooting team using Shaq's dominance to score inside ....

Copeland starting again .. Aiite

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
I'm kind of glad Melo is sitting out this game. Houston isn't a divisional team. This game is not hugely important. Play for home pride. Play team ball and let the cards fall where they lay.

Nix

Rookie
Our D especially in transition has been pretty bad the last few games. We give up way too many easy baskets in the paint. Chandler needs to start asserting himself there and everyone needs to hustle back. How many times have the Rockets had numbers already.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
This is how they beat us badly last time. I expected proper adjustment with the transition defense. The guys need to work a little bit harder and run a little bit faster against this team tonight. I don't wanna see the Knicks go 0-2 against Lin and the Rockets. :barf:

Nix

Rookie
Rockets have our number. They look like the better team again. We have no answers for there fast pace offense. Need some knicks magic to find a way to win this game without Melo. More importantly this is a game where Shumpert would get a lot of minutes.

knicksin60

Starter
Our guys like to play slow, and they play the fastest pace in then league. I can see usbudjusting as the game goes on, just need to avoid letting the deficit balloon to 20.

I just hope that if the Knicks make it all the way to the finals they won't have to see Houston.

It's already been said a bunch of times tonight, the Rockets entire game is get the ball up the floor as quickly as possible to get an uncontested shot. If you look closely, they actually still pretty much suck as a team, we just refuse to get back on 75% of the possessions. It's the similar to when Rondo used to put up career numbers every time we used to play the Celtics because he basically got a free release after every one of our offensive possessions.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Say what u want ....
Damn .. we got rid of 3 alert thinking players in David Lee, Landry, and Lin

David Lee would be great and I'd love him to play for the Knicks again. He's playing phenomenal basketball in GS. Landry and Lin can stay away from the Knicks though, they play hard but they're not really that good.