Brooklyn gets Joe Johnson...possibly Howard?

Will Nets keep Joe Johnson or trade for Dwight?

• Keep Joe Johnson

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Trade him for Dwight

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
If the Nets get Howard the nets management deserves 5 GM of the year awards. They took a huge gamble in getting williams when they traded everyone for him with the possibility he would still leave, now they have a chance to be a 5th seed in the east and with Howard become a true Heat stopper along with CHI. Knicks management need to take notes.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Good god, the Nets owner would have to pay a penalty of 140 million per yer with Dwight on the Nets.....
AND HE SAID MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE

My god....

STAT1

Starter
If the Nets get Howard the nets management deserves 5 GM of the year awards. They took a huge gamble in getting williams when they traded everyone for him with the possibility he would still leave, now they have a chance to be a 5th seed in the east and with Howard become a true Heat stopper along with CHI. Knicks management need to take notes.

They will need to land the big fish Howard to get the props, otherwise they just put together a team with 1st round playoff exit potential & not much else (similar to the Knicks at the current moment). In order to validate all these moves, the Nets have to get Dwight Howard in a trade. They won't be able to land him as a free agent because of the amount of salaries they will have tied up in D Will, Joe Johnson & Gerald Wallace, so they have no other choice. It's Dwight or Bust now for the Brooklyn Nets. If they can pull this off then they definitely deserve all the props they can get.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Nets & Magic have opened talks about Howard for Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez & 2013, 2015, 2017 1st Round Pix...

SMH are you kidding me, this makes Knicks look even worse...

Brooklyn Nets Big 4... :barf:

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Dwight Howard

CA7

Scoring Champ
Nets & Magic have opened talks about Howard for Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks, Brook Lopez & 2013, 2015, 2017 1st Round Pix...

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Dwight Howard

Lopez and Humphries would have to agree to this, I doubt they do unless Orlando gives them big money

Also

Howard-Chandler- Push- Chandler owns D12 most times
Wallace-Stoudemire- Knicks
Johnson-Anthony- Knicks
Williams-Lin- Nets

Forrest17

Rotation player

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Dwight Howard

If they get dwight, we will be a complete embarrassment because that team and those parts fit together so much better than what we have its not even funny. THeyll have arguably the best point guard and center, a top 5 SG and top 10 PF... Their games all fit specific roles and wont detract from each other.. while we have Tyson and two guys who are great but don't play well together AT ALL.

Especially if we loose lin and don't get Nash, which is looking like it might happen....

Ugh I just want to vomit...

Rob Low

Rotation player
Lopez and Humphries would have to agree to this, I doubt they do unless Orlando gives them big money

Also

Johnson-Anthony- Knicks
Williams-Lin- Nets

Stoudemire is not better than Wallace, not even close

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Back in 2003 English soccer club Chelsea FC announced that Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich became the only owner of the club. Haters started calling them Chelsky and the club became a major target of jokes in the EPL.
Within nine years Abramovich invested approximately ?2B in Chelsea FC and last season they won their first Champions League title...
Considering that Prokhorov is even richer than Abramovich money will never be an issue. $100M luxury tax is what he calls small change. :lol:

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
no prob but lets just be real. The Nets are making legitimate moves and the Knicks aren't and probably should be adding a piece or 2. With or without Dwight, they're a pretty good team. Their pieces actually complement each other unlike the Knicks. Shumpert and Baron are still hurt, Lin signed an offer sheet with Houston and the knicks still don't have a reliable PG. Depending on how healthy Boston stays, Roses health, if Hibbert returns to Indy the nets can be a top 4 or 3 team in the east.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
If they get dwight, we will be a complete embarrassment because that team and those parts fit together so much better than what we have its not even funny. THeyll have arguably the best point guard and center, a top 5 SG and top 10 PF... Their games all fit specific roles and wont detract from each other.. while we have Tyson and two guys who are great but don't play well together AT ALL.

Especially if we loose lin and don't get Nash, which is looking like it might happen....

This is wht I'm saying. The pieces are fitting like a puzzle and their games complement each other. DWill, scoring/passing/slashing PG, Joe Johnson is a perimeter type SG who's on the outside more, Wallace is the defensive stopper, rebounder and slasher, Howard is the big colossal dominant force who rebounds and defends. If DH comes the Nets are a top 2 or 3 team in the East, easily. Without Dwight they are still a top 4 in the east.

And i would be embarrassed for the knicks as well. The Knicks wil be the markee team but the Nets will probably be better.

Hayato

Benchwarmer

i dont like the move either but the nets would have a bunch of players who need the ball in their hands

Hayato

Benchwarmer
This is wht I'm saying. The pieces are fitting like a puzzle and their games complement each other. DWill, scoring/passing/slashing PG, Joe Johnson is a perimeter type SG who's on the outside more, Wallace is the defensive stopper, rebounder and slasher, Howard is the big colossal dominant force who rebounds and defends. If DH comes the Nets are a top 2 or 3 team in the East, easily. Without Dwight they are still a top 4 in the east.

And i would be embarrassed for the knicks as well. The Knicks wil be the markee team but the Nets will probably be better.

without dwight, top 4 isnt a lock

iSaYughh

Starter

Also

Johnson-Anthony- Knicks
Williams-Lin- Nets

Holy **** dude.

(pause)

The gap between Deron and Lin is so large.

But you can't just run down lineups like that. It's negating our biggest issue -- THE issue: our team chemistry, and not how players have performed through their careers, but who these players actually are, now, playing collectively on our squad.

Sure, hope for the best, and I still think, in theory, Amare and Melo can and should be able to dominate playing together.....

But they haven't.

And Amare has played like **** for a *long* time now, and has never thrived alongside Melo. Likewise, barring stretches of typical Melo excellence, Melo has *not* played like Melo here.

Howard
Wallace
Johnson
Deron

That lineup fits like a glove.

If you run down lineups like you did, you could compare us to even OKC and MIA, and ya, we "should" be just as good and be there right alongside them.

I PRAY Melo and Amare prove me wrong, and do what I've always said they would do together -- but I have been dead wrong in my formerly-optimsitic assessment that if Melo came here, he and Amare would beast like gods alongside each other.

Melo dominating in his sweet spots; Amare being the most efficient and dominant inside scoring prescense in the NBA; and Amare's mid jumper being the perfect compliment to allowing Melo room when he works on the inside.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I PRAY Melo and Amare prove me wrong, and do what I've always said they would do together -- but I have been dead wrong in my formerly-optimsitic assessment that if Melo came here, he and Amare would beast like gods alongside each other.

Melo dominating in his sweet spots; Amare being the most efficient and dominant inside scoring prescense in the NBA; and Amare's mid jumper being the perfect compliment to allowing Melo room when he works on the inside.

AMEN. :pray:

So far it's taken 2 coaches to make absolutely nothing happen between them. Woodson had better have that shiny head down in a playbook.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;239783 said:
AMEN. :pray:

So far it's taken 2 coaches to make absolutely nothing happen between them. Woodson had better have that shiny head down in a playbook.

1 coach's system didn't

the other didn't get a chance to mesh the 2 as STAT was hurt

I got faith in our core Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony will both be great this year I'm talking All-NBA players for us

One good thing is that the Brooklyn Nets will have the Knicks fighting for NY fan support. The Nets are starting to look very serious and the fact that Howard is openly saying he wants to come here is going to put more pressure on the Knicks. This should be very motivational for everyone within the Knicks organisation.

On another note...I've been seeing people wearing a lot of Brooklyn Nets gear lately...more than the Knicks, strange.

Paul1355

All Star
One good thing is that the Brooklyn Nets will have the Knicks fighting for NY fan support. The Nets are starting to look very serious and the fact that Howard is openly saying he wants to come here is going to put more pressure on the Knicks. This should be very motivational for everyone within the Knicks organisation.

On another note...I've been seeing people wearing a lot of Brooklyn Nets gear lately...more than the Knicks, strange.

If Howard goes to the Nets, there is no way we can make any moves to be better.

We would just have to hope that our team finally gels like it should.

Kiyaman

Legend
We have some great info in this "Joe Johnson to Nets" thread....
the Nets spent to much for Gerald Wallace but made it all up in the Joe Johnson trade.
PG-Deron
SG-Joe
SF-Gerald
A veteran one-dribble lob-passing team (OKC in the East).

Adding Joe Johnson automatically changes the .333 Nets into the .610 Brooklyn Nets, becoming the 2nd best fastbreak team in the eastern conference.... 6.6 Joe Johnson is a natural Point-Foward with elite passing & dribbling skills that plays the SG spot .. Joe Johnson's strong leadership at making his teammates skills better earned every penny of his new contract .. The Atlanta Hawks were a consistant 20 win season team before getting Joe Johnson in a sign n trade for Diaw in 2005.

The Nets now have a creative trio backcourt that can compesate for each other like the Boston Celtics (Rondo/Ray/Pierce) or the OKC Thunder (West/Harden/Durant) .. u build 12 players around a trio like that, u do not trade any of the two important players of the trio for the best center in the NBA.
Deron Williams may be one of the top premere PG in the league, but SG-Joe Johnson already earned one of the league top leadership players at getting his team on the same-page.

The Knicks getting C-Tyson Chandler was a great move, but at the cost of losing one of the leagues top same-page leadership PG-Chauncey Billups to the amnesty-clause put the Knicks in position of getting back our 2012 first round draft pick from Houston.

Kiyaman

Legend
I notice the 2012 offseason FA market is practically full with so many decent role-players for offense or defense purpose at every position.

Our Knicks GM Grunwald is banking on fulling our roster from the FA market .. the Nets are lookin to do the samething.

Paul1355

All Star
We have some great info in this "Joe Johnson to Nets" thread....
the Nets spent to much for Gerald Wallace but made it all up in the Joe Johnson trade.
PG-Deron
SG-Joe
SF-Gerald
A veteran one-dribble lob-passing team (OKC in the East).

Adding Joe Johnson automatically changes the .333 Nets into the .610 Brooklyn Nets, becoming the 2nd best fastbreak team in the eastern conference.... 6.6 Joe Johnson is a natural Point-Foward with elite passing & dribbling skills that plays the SG spot .. Joe Johnson's strong leadership at making his teammates skills better earned every penny of his new contract .. The Atlanta Hawks were a consistant 20 win season team before getting Joe Johnson in a sign n trade for Diaw in 2005.

The Nets now have a creative trio backcourt that can compesate for each other like the Boston Celtics (Rondo/Ray/Pierce) or the OKC Thunder (West/Harden/Durant) .. u build 12 players around a trio like that, u do not trade any of the two important players of the trio for the best center in the NBA.
Deron Williams may be one of the top premere PG in the league, but SG-Joe Johnson already earned one of the league top leadership players at getting his team on the same-page.

The Knicks getting C-Tyson Chandler was a great move, but at the cost of losing one of the leagues top same-page leadership PG-Chauncey Billups to the amnesty-clause put the Knicks in position of getting back our 2012 first round draft pick from Houston.

Johnson is a good passing guard so that just makes the Nets have a fluid passing offense. rarely will you see stagnation like the Knicks have when you have Deron Williams and Joe Johnson in the back court.

However, your opinion on Tyson Chandler. You have to agree that Grunwald made the right move with amnestying Chauncey for a legit Center that we haven't had since Ewing or Camby.

Tyson is hte anchor to this defense and a leader on and off the floor, he is the one advantage we have over the Heat and the one guy that can stop Lebron and Wade from scoring at will in the paint.

Billups got hurt last year and only played 20 games....imagine us keeping Billups and then losing him for 46 games plus the playoffs...with no Tyson! We would miss the playoffs.

Lin should rack up the assists on this team, people just underestimate him.

If Felton could average 9 assists per game and be a borderline allstar with only Amare then Lin should be awesome with Melo, Amare, Chandler and J.R