KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

rady

Administrator
Staff member
:fight: Lucky win.. with Deron and Deng going MIA in crucial games..

Congrats tho :beer:

CoolClyde

Week 19 Wrap - Week 20 Scouting Report

Props to Coquis for taking over the top spot in Division I, with a decisive frog-hopping victory over Rady's mounted mice, thanks to a great Saturday effort from a 5 man squad, even with Bayless beasting for 50 points on the bench. figures Jrue Holiday has a season best the week I dropped him. more power to the frogs after Rubio goes down for the season.

A great matchup between p0nder's comeback crew and Bouncy's smokey squadron came down to the wire, with a p0nderous victory! if not for Marcus Camby playing last minute, the result would have gone the other way! phucking phantasy! A major match with playoff implications for both teams!

The Crust crew was soundly defeated again by Multiple Scorgams, how is it the crust losses are always against the highest scoring squads that week? that's just the way it goes, in phucking phantasyland! CP3 was an unstoppable beast with 5 colossal games, ending in a 70 point performance. abetted by a healthy Joe Johnson, there was no chance of beating the Scorgasmic melee! Crust crew should have ceded defeat on Monday, after a piss-poor bed-shitting day that created a hole the crew never crawled out of... although Sunday they showed face after showing ass most of the week...

KBlack continued his domination over the mighty and esteemed commissioner Pringles, the heaviest and highest scoring team yet to garner a playoff spot. how could it be now? KBlack reigns atop Division II, tied with Coquis for best record. Beasting to the highest degree.

WEEK 20 MATCHES of the WEEK (with a keen eye towards the playoffs):
Pringles4Laughs vs Rady's Sweet Mice
- a loss by Pringles could be devastating to playoff chances, whereas a win by the mice could very well earn a playoff spot. Division II remains a clusterf*ck!

Scorgamic Multiples vs Bouncy's Smokesquad
- Bouncy needs this victory to keep up with the rest of the pack, can he do it with a hobbled Rose, Tyreke and Kyle Lowry (not to mention Spencer "Badfoot" Hawes)? he will need serious beasting from his big men... will the Walrus dominate with new Netsquad? Can Granny Danger come back from Knick humiliation? will Derrick Favors continue his rise to prominence or fall back to mediocrity? It will be tough to beat Scorgasms now-healthy team (although I see he's sick of waiting for Kevin Martin... hah! now you know how i felt all season!) A KEY MATCHUP!!

Coquis vs p0nder
can the comeback kid keep the pressure on the frogs with Rubio gone?
you gotta feel for p0nder, playing the division leaders 2 weeks in a row going into the playoffs (KBlack looms next week). Will the new frogs of Nate, Jrue and Faried along with consistent frog-beasting of KevLove and Noah's ark be enough to maintain his #1 position? will Batoom, Iblocka and TyLawson be good frogs this week? I see a manpower advantage to the frogs this week, can p0nder do the unfathomable and beat the frogs and keep his playoff hopes alive?

It will be interesting to see if Rte 1 shows up, or will we see 2 dead teams play each other (vs DatPRINE)

Does MusketeerX stand a chance against KBlack? an MX win keeps his playoff hopes alive... will be tough against KB25's monstrous moguls!

Coolclyde's CrustCrew vs Pork Pirates... the Knicks have 4 games this week, the only chance the Pirates have will be for several dominating, beasting players from the hometown heroes. other than those days, it will be a crusty massacre (i predict). the Crustcrew has once again blew up the top half of it's lineup in preparation for the playoffs, taking on DJ Augustine, Joe Crawford and Ramon Sessions to lead the rest of the way.
Feeling good about it.

This league is about as awesome as it gets, so glad we did this. Good to see so many players have chance to make the playoffs!

what last minute add/drops will be made to empower lineups with 2 weeks to go?

Best of luck to all!!!!!
:beer:

smokes

Huge Member
Ultimately I probably won't win another matchup unless I make the playoffs. I guess there's a miniscule chance I could beat you next week (if Rose is even back by then, he hasn't been cleared to run yet). It's a bit of a shame no longer being in control of my own fate as there's no motivation to play for the next 2 weeks. Playoffs are pretty much a lock for me, 6th-8th seed.

Thank you Derrick "I won't miss another big game this season" Rose.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ultimately I probably won't win another matchup unless I make the playoffs. I guess there's a miniscule chance I could beat you next week (if Rose is even back by then, he hasn't been cleared to run yet). It's a bit of a shame no longer being in control of my own fate as there's no motivation to play for the next 2 weeks. Playoffs are pretty much a lock for me, 6th-8th seed.

Thank you Derrick "I won't miss another big game this season" Rose.

Injuries to key players can make you wonder why you ever bothered to enter the league.. so frustrating. I feel your pain dude, you too Coquis.

That said, I can't wait till next years fantasy league. Should be bigger and better with more players (KO members) hopefully, if possible.

smokes

Huge Member
Injuries to key players can make you wonder why you ever bothered to enter the league.. so frustrating. I feel your pain dude, you too Coquis.

That said, I can't wait till next years fantasy league. Should be bigger and better with more players (KO members) hopefully, if possible.

It's not just the injuries its a lot of things. I'm mainly annoyed at myself because I spent the first month not having a clue how things worked and lost a couple of games purely because of that.

Last weeks matchup was PAINFUL.

- Rose missed 3 games
- Tyreke missed 3 games
- Gerald Wallace missed 2 games due to trade AND his debut was misreported, I left Dudley on the bench while he had a 40 fantasy point game
- Granger shit the bed every single game
- Gasol shit the bed almost every game
- Harden managed to pick up an injury 2 minutes into the game when he was my last hope

The annoying thing is that my team is doing worse now, when I'm really trying! Faaaaaaail.

CoolClyde

Does anyone know if the fantasy playoffs go down the same as the real playoffs? 1st plays 8th etc

only commissioner gordon knows for sure. here's what i gather from scoring and settings page:

Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (8 teams)
Note: Week 24 runs 11 days from Apr 16 to Apr 26

Playoff Reseeding: Yes

Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes

Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

---------------------------

I assume the top Division winners play #4 in each division, but with playoff reseeding factor (huh? i got a reseeding for ya), who the f*ck knows? iSayUghhhhhhh?

here's one way to envision it:

WEEK 22 (8 teams)
1 vs 4 in each division
2 vs 3 in each division

WEEK 23 (4 teams)
1 vs 4 winner (vs) 2 vs 3 winner (in each division)

WEEK 24 (2 teams)
FINALS = 11 days to duke it out

smokes

Huge Member
only commissioner gordon knows for sure. here's what i gather from scoring and settings page:

Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (8 teams)
Note: Week 24 runs 11 days from Apr 16 to Apr 26

Playoff Reseeding: Yes

Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes

Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

---------------------------

I assume the top Division winners play #4 in each division, but with playoff reseeding factor (huh? i got a reseeding for ya), who the f*ck knows? iSayUghhhhhhh?

here's one way to envision it:

WEEK 22 (8 teams)
1 vs 4 in each division
2 vs 3 in each division

WEEK 23 (4 teams)
1 vs 4 winner (vs) 2 vs 3 winner (in each division)

WEEK 24 (2 teams)
FINALS = 11 days to duke it out

I don't think it can be a division battle, unless it switches to a division battle in the case that 4 people qualify from each division.

But as it stands, 5 teams would go into the playoffs from div 2 and only 3 from div 1.

iSaYughh

Starter
Right.

Basically, the division winners are awarded the top seeds. Even if someone from Division B has a better record than the #1 of Division A, eg.

**note** it will be #1 and #2 seeds. the divisions are effective combined. #1 seed would be the division winner with the superior record/point total.

After that, it is done by overall record; and overall points in event of a tiebreak.

And like normal standards, #1 seeds would play the lowest seeds in their division, etcetc.

Playoff Reseeding applies in event of an upset in the 1st Round, eg. It means that in the 2nd round, the seedings will still determine the matchups (eg if a #8 beats a #1, he isn't treated as the new #1).

smokes

Huge Member
Right.

Basically, the division winners are awarded #1 seeds. Even if someone from Division B has a better record than the #1 of Division A, eg.

After that, it is done by overall record; and overall points in event of a tiebreak.

And like normal standards, #1 seeds would play the lowest seeds in their division, etcetc.

Playoff Reseeding applies in event of an upset in the 1st Round, eg. It means that in the 2nd round, the seedings will still determine the matchups (eg if a #8 beats a #1, he isn't treated as the new #1).

Doesn't that get very confusing if only 3 people make it out of one division?

iSaYughh

Starter
Doesn't that get very confusing if only 3 people make it out of one division?

See: the note i insta-edited to my post :)

The divisions are effectively combined in the playoffs; save for the top two seeds being chosen by whomever won their respective divisions.

smokes

Huge Member
Division 2 is so up in the air... Any one of us could actually win the division.

However by the weekend, all playoff spots will likely be secured.

smokes

Huge Member
Derrick Rose (groin) still hasn't started running and is "more week-to-week than day-to-day," according to beat writer K.C. Johnson.
The Bulls have officially listed Rose as day-to-day and keep saying he's a game-time decision, but they're just playing a "cat-and-mouse game." At this point, it would be a surprise if the reigning MVP plays against the Raptors Saturday.

Sigh :eek:hboy:

CoolClyde

... The divisions are effectively combined in the playoffs; save for the top two seeds being chosen by whomever won their respective divisions.

sh*t man! Coquis is pounding p0nder, with his final week vs Rte 1 Jam, who has effectively quit... unless he miraculously makes a spoiler appearance.... KNICKS4LIFE_1985, WHERE ARE YOU? THE CRUST CREW IS CALLING YOU! ATTENTION, TRAFFIC JAM! DIRECT YOURSELF TO KO FANTASY LAND!

why so glum, Smokes? take a puff and think positive, envision a win...yeah, DRose is f*cked up now, but i'm sure he'll be fine cum playoff time, and I have a feeling you'll be in... even after I slaughter you next week... JK
:smokin:

smokes

Huge Member
why so glum, Smokes? take a puff and think positive, envision a win...yeah, DRose is f*cked up now, but i'm sure he'll be fine cum playoff time, and I have a feeling you'll be in... even after I slaughter you next week... JK

He's missed 1/3 of the season mate he ain't gonna do shit. I've honestly considered dropping him. Useless cunts.

iSaYughh

Starter
sh*t man! Coquis is pounding p0nder, with his final week vs Rte 1 Jam, who has effectively quit... unless he miraculously makes a spoiler appearance.... KNICKS4LIFE_1985, WHERE ARE YOU? THE CRUST CREW IS CALLING YOU! ATTENTION, TRAFFIC JAM! DIRECT YOURSELF TO KO FANTASY LAND!

Yep!

LOL @ the bat signal call to the TRAFFIC JAM. :lol:

Unless I donut this week and next I should be in playoffs. My squad had a valiant day, today; I smell another one of my late-week comeback wins. And I'll finish as the lowest seed going into playoffs despite having 2nd most total points, leading to an epic 1st round battle with Metro.