Vince Carter?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
yeh true but we could offer him more than wat the mavs can, but he prolly will resign with them but if not I'm sure NY would be his next option. I still think we need to trade up tho and get bismack, hes would help us out in a big way, we need to move up one way or another in the draft cuz theres no way were getting bismack or KT with the 17th pick. Kt would be another good choice since hes the best shooter with jimmer in the draft, with him the floor would be spred...... big upgrade of fields cuz KT can shoot the ball better and drive to the hoop better.
I doubt we're even close to being able to offer more.

TakMan

Rotation player
How no one

on this forum

wants a

Billups
Vince Carter
Carmelo anthony
Amare Stat
Rony Turiaf

starting line up is beyond me

Im sorry people

but that team is FFFFFing ridiculous.

5 years ago I would have said yes to this lineup. Today, I say.....YES.

Carter is a versatile player who can take defences apart. We don't really have any players who are just as dangerous outside as they are inside. Anthony is the closest we get to that.

KBlack25

Starter
There is no way I want Vince Carter on this team...

Bill Simmons said:
I can prove that you can't win four straight playoff series by relying on Vince Carter

You know why? Because he's Vince Carter! Ask the Nets' fans about him. Ask the Raptors' fans about him. They know.

I can prove that Magic fans just muttered to themselves, "We don't need to rely on Vince to win four straight series -- we had a +12.2 point differential after the All-Star break, you GO NETS!!!."

My counter to your muttering: Where are you going in the last three minutes of a tight game? Last spring, you cleared out for Hedo and let him create shots for himself or someone else. Worked all the way to the Finals. What about this spring? Dwight Howard takes 10 shots a game and disappears down the stretch. According to 82games.com, Howard averaged 16.0 crunch-time points per 48 minutes, such a staggeringly low number that Al Horford (17.0) and Udonis Haslem (23.9) topped him, Andrew Bogut (16.0) tied him and Joakim Noah (15.6) nearly tied him. And that's fine. He was still the third-most valuable player in the league. (At least in my opinion.) But you can't win in the playoffs without someone creating quality shots in the last four minutes.

MAGIC NUMBERS

Orlando's "clutch" numbers, according to 82games.com (fourth quarter or OT, less than five minutes left, neither team ahead by more than five points):
2010 PLAYER PPG PER 48 FGA PER 48 FTM PER 48 FG% RECORD
Vince Carter 39.8 29.6 13.4 40.0% 16-13
Jameer Nelson 23.5 22.0 4.3 38.7% 10-12
JJ Redick 21.7 12.2 8.7 42.9% 11-10
Rashard Lewis 20.9 14.1 7.3 41.9% 17-12
Dwight Howard 16.0 5.8 9.8 53.8% 20-13
Mickael Pietrus 14.1 10.3 2.6 37.5% 6-6
Matt Barnes 10.0 6.3 2.5 40.0% 10-8
2009 PLAYER PPG PER 48 FGA PER 48 FTM PER 48 FG% RECORD
Jameer Nelson 34.7 22.4 7.2 51.6% 12-7
Rashard Lewis 28.0 15.0 9.3 51.1% 26-13
Hedo Turkoglu 26.6 20.1 10.8 35.7% 25-12
Dwight Howard 19.7 6.3 11.9 61.1% 22-14

So where's it coming from? Jameer Nelson has slipped since his shoulder injury last season. Lewis' numbers have fallen off without Turkoglu. That leaves Vince. (See the sidebar to the right.) Is anyone buying this? What happens the first time someone gives him a hard playoff foul on a drive? What happens if he tweaks his ankle and has to play through pain? What happens if he has menstrual cramps? (Jokes! I'm joking. Stop it. Settle down.) What happens (hypothetically) in a Game 6 in Charlotte or Atlanta, with Orlando trailing three games to two and facing a giant upset, tie game, two minutes to play, win or go home? Who gets the ball? Who takes over? Who is everyone looking at and saying, "Save us?" That's right … Vince Carter. The most disappointing superstar of his generation.

You might be an optimist. You might believe in redemption. You might believe that, after A-Rod, Manning, Duke and Kobe, the thought of Vince Carter being the top creator on an NBA champ isn't far-fetched.

I am a pessimist. At least when Vince is involved. Even though he's playing for his most talented team ever, I can prove he will destroy them in the end. Why? Because he's Vince Carter. Did you miss the past 12 years or something? Why do you think Orlando got him for 20 cents on the dollar? Why do you think Toronto fans still jeer him lustily even though he left six years ago? Why do you think Kidd pushed for a trade to Dallas? Orlando fans, remember we had this conversation when there's a big playoff game in a few weeks and Vince is rolling around on the floor like he's been shot as you're screaming, "Get up! GET UP, VINCE! HE BARELY FOULED YOU! IT'S GAME 7! GET THE EFF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!"

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol @ Vince Carter.

srsly-you-guys.png

tiger0330

Legend
God no, Orlando brought him in to fortify that roster and win them a ring with Lewis and Dwight, didn't work out for them why would it work for us. If he's willing to come to NY for the min then there's not much risk but there are 29 other teams that would kill for VC at the min.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
VC is the type of player that gives a little and takes a little (pause lol). Yes he can score, but he's turnover prone and his defense stinks. He's not a player you want starting for your team at this point in his career because he just isn't the dominant scorer that he was.. Not even close. When he was legit Air Canada you could justify it. Now he just Fair Canada, so no..

friedduck

Rookie
This thread be a disgrace.

One of the biggest loser n quitter n no defense nothin in NBA getting washed to shore and we got fools runnin round like gay gazelles in this hizzy wanting to sign his ass.

And fool who said Carter his favorite player in NBA...gtfo you mongoloid lickin mofo and go to a New Jersey NETS forum homie.

That lineup proposed be WHACK. Won't do shit or dent the front-line franchises in this game today. And just make us bigger disgrace and cause dysfunction in this YOUNG growing team bringing in a dog like that.

DAMN fools! :alert:

friedduck

Rookie
NY can also go the youth route.
Any veterans would have to be smart guys who can contribute off the ball. That's not VC or AI.

Problem w 'youth route' is we locked into a crisp title window contention w the contracts given to Melo and Amare.

Our contention should be...NOW. Given that.

With Amare's relatively advanced age...not 30, but close, and those knees....

It surprise anyone if Melo bolt our asses after his deal if we don't deal and contend and continue looking like a DAMN circus?

Not me. Harsh truth.

We have two kings right now and a barren kingdom. I call that gay, lonely disfunction as far as titles be concerned.

How interesting our situation change wit flexibility and moves and contending abilities if we had say Gallinari and a pick even, added to this equation.

Sage

Rotation player
If we can pick him up for cheap, do it. At worst it gives us someone we can trade in a package later.

How no one

on this forum

wants a

Billups
Vince Carter
Carmelo anthony
Amare Stat
Rony Turiaf

starting line up is beyond me

Im sorry people

but that team is FFFFFing ridiculous.

I LOL'd so f'ing hard when I read that for the first time (with the pauses and whatnot)... but it's so true, that lineup would be pretty nice, assuming we had the depth to support it.