Should Tom Thibodeau add Alvin Gentry to Knicks staff?

Kiyaman

Legend
Adding Alvin Gentry (offense) to his staff could be just the thing Thibodeau needs to get the Knicks back to the playoffs.

With the departure of Kenny Payne as the Knicks assistant head coach ..
New York Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau has a vacancy next to him on the bench. Alvin Gentry might be exactly what Thibodeau and the Knicks need.

As a Knicks fan having Thibs one sided game-plan as the head-coach, the Knicks desperately need to sign a NBA ex-head coach (Gentry's offense) to be the Knicks top assistant coach in the offseason. What do you think KO ???

No addition of a coach can solve our problems.

A coaching staff that has a 7ft center who hasn?t taken a jumper in 3 years. This should show that there is no player development.

A complete gutting of the whole organization top to bottom.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No addition of a coach can solve our problems.

A coaching staff that has a 7ft center who hasn?t taken a jumper in 3 years. This should show that there is no player development.

A complete gutting of the whole organization top to bottom.
Hard to care about this team even if they're doing good. When they are doing good, the ones on top are happy and continue to make their money. I want the root to be fixed.

Hard to care about this team even if they're doing good. When they are doing good, the ones on top are happy and continue to make their money. I want the root to be fixed.

You have taken the first step in what I see as the right direction for yourself. Wanting to fix the root is a great start. Now you determine what the 'Root' is and post on it. Is it 'Front Office', is it 'Coaching', is it 'Players', is it the 'Waterboy', etc. Be consistent in what you see as the problem. Do not deviate from it and admit mistake in position taken by F.O., Coaching, or Players who you feel aren't the problem. There those in this forum who can' admit mistakes were made in respect to a wide variety of issues.

Let talk more in the future because the forum is in need of voice who want to fix what is truly wrong with this organization. A lot are just concern with making the 'Playoff' and have forgotten what you play the season for... That is to win a 'Championship'.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
You have taken the first step in what I see as the right direction for yourself. Wanting to fix the root is a great start. Now you determine what the 'Root' is and post on it. Is it 'Front Office', is it 'Coaching', is it 'Players', is it the 'Waterboy', etc. Be consistent in what you see as the problem. Do not deviate from it and admit mistake in position taken by F.O., Coaching, or Players who you feel aren't the problem. There those in this forum who can' admit mistakes were made in respect to a wide variety of issues.

Let talk more in the future because the forum is in need of voice who want to fix what is truly wrong with this organization. A lot are just concern with making the 'Playoff' and have forgotten what you play the season for... That is to win a 'Championship'.
Well sadly I've lost the passion for this team. I got a spark of my fandom back early this past season because of the blogs I was doing on here, but once again the same ol' crap. Obviously I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I don't know if Dolan is the problem anymore, maybe he's not, but maybe he is. He may spend the money on the Knicks, but we've seen how he treated former players such as Oakley. Even if Dolan left the organization, they got a new front office, etc., we could still get a bad product. Teams have coaching changes all the time and still don't get their problem fixed.

For some reason after the Porzingis trade, my passion started to wind down. Not at first, in fact I thought it was a good trade at the time, but it was another example of something that once gave me excitement for the team cut short.

The most interest I have with this team right now is Derrick Rose (who I might prefer going back to the Bulls and hopefully have success) and Walt Frazier.

Well sadly I've lost the passion for this team. I got a spark of my fandom back early this past season because of the blogs I was doing on here, but once again the same ol' crap. Obviously I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I don't know if Dolan is the problem anymore, maybe he's not, but maybe he is. He may spend the money on the Knicks, but we've seen how he treated former players such as Oakley. Even if Dolan left the organization, they got a new front office, etc., we could still get a bad product. Teams have coaching changes all the time and still don't get their problem fixed.

For some reason after the Porzingis trade, my passion started to wind down. Not at first, in fact I thought it was a good trade at the time, but it was another example of something that once gave me excitement for the team cut short.

The most interest I have with this team right now is Derrick Rose (who I might prefer going back to the Bulls and hopefully have success) and Walt Frazier.

There a time when the New York Knicks consume most of my thoughts and ideas. Thinking about how to make this team better to win a championship. You would think I was employ and a member of management. So you losing that passion is something I can understand.

The cancer that I talk about in this organization is all over it. As for Dolan, there two incident with him that is always with me. He tried to hire Magic Johnson as President of the Knicks or GM. Instead we got I. Thomas which was a disaster. Then there Dolan hiring Phil Jackson. What I don't understand is how Dolan let evil get to him about Phil. There are people in this forum believe that Phil ruin this organization. Phil only had 3 years and one of those years he didn't have a first round pick. BTW, if you have a conversation with those that say 'Phil ruin the Knicks'. Pin their butts to wall and ask to explain how and give details. They CAN'T!!

When I ask the question to the overall forum 'When was the last time you had Hope and 'Saw a Bright light' for Knicks'? For me it was when Knicks had KP. So its looks like you and I feel the same way about Hope and a light for this team.
If you can remember Phil had sign D. Rose so you had an MVP on this team. Mills and Perry didn't resign D.Rose and let poor Frank out high and dry for someone to mentor him.

Pick a place to start cleaning house. Top or bottom as long as everybody goes!!