I still believe in the New York Knicks.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Bad loss but Im seeing some positives even though there are plenty of negatives.

Im not into this next year crap. I want to win now. But Im not talking championship yet. I feel that a huge run is in us. I think we can take any team to 7 games. The playoffs are imperative to our success for the years to come. STAT must lead defensively. He can't have these lapses. But it will turn around. We almost there.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I hope your right bro because watching this team lately has been depressing.

We are still atleast a 5 and a couple role players away from being a true contender, but still you would expect more from this group then what we are getting, all things considered.

Good luck hoping for STAT to be a defensive anchor given he already is a pretty sucky defender to begin with and Damntoni is still coach..

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
Bad loss but Im seeing some positives even though there are plenty of negatives.

Im not into this next year crap. I want to win now. But Im not talking championship yet. I feel that a huge run is in us. I think we can take any team to 7 games. The playoffs are imperative to our success for the years to come. STAT must lead defensively. He can't have these lapses. But it will turn around. We almost there.

U said STAT must lead defensively ?
Stat cannot even play defense. He is not a good rebounder ( for his size ) and he is not good with spacing on defense. :) Im sorry my man but thats what it is.

We better hope we get a defensive center ( Tyson Chandler ) would be good.
MIKE D. needs to go. Im not saying hes a bad guy. But he definitely is a bad coach. He has no principles. And you know what ? I mean how can you let your worst three point shooter ( after Turiaf ) , Stoudamire, take a three point shot in crunch time while ur losing?

that happens only on MIKE D.s game.

I dont mean to dissapoint you or anyone else in this forum but honestly I dont see any future with this coaching staff. Im a season ticket holder and im very aggrevated at the way the`re playing.

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
And also,
How do you leave Carlos Delfino completely alone with 1 min to go in the game and while he was hot for three ? And then they pass the ball to him and then he makes the THREE... because he was left wide open.

Thats sad...

Good thread man. Like I stated during the game thread... It's a work in progress when a team is trying to learn to compete & become a better team. It's not about to happen over night.

- Thats what the offseason is all about; a chance to improve a playoff roster into a serious playoff contender the following season.

-Thats what the draft is all about, to upgrade our depth @ the Guard position over Carter (Douglas & Fields won't be our last talented guards drafted) or upgrade with a BIG over Shelden & D.Brown's of the world. World love to land that Kenneth kid who leads to Nation in rebounding to learn behind & backup Amare @ the PF position (ala Anthony Mason).

-Free Agency gives us a chance to improve our 5 hole with either M.Gasol, Jordan, Dalembert, Nene or even Greg Oden for cheap over JJ.

-I believe in Walsh.

-A full ofseason of a draft, free agency, training camp, practice(s), preseason games etc is what creates time to focus & gel as a team trying to learn how to win as a team after only 15 games

la2ny

Starter
Its the "CURSE OF THE EWING!"

What he said to Dolan:
"Till you do right by me, everything you do or say gone end bad. I'll kill em' dead if ya puts a good team together again."

harvey-dent-believe-350w.jpg

The curse of Ewing is right.

Camby could have made a strong starting C for us over the past 7+ years. It's sad what fans have been forced to deal with since #33.

Losing Camby still hurts to this day; especially when I see our old NY talent still being able to contribute.

When watching Nene make impact plays as an up & coming NBA impact C; I continue to dread the Thomas era of losing real talents with nothing in return other than wasted $ & draft picks. I would LOVE to see Nene as our Starting C' with both Amare & Melo holding down the Foward positions.

Curry having Heart/Health/Injury related issues became our teams largest disaster only behind Thomas to our C position, franchise, salary cap & ability to keep promising player like Crawford who blew up with ATL, Z.Randolph who's became a force once again, Nate who helped a great BOS team, Lee who was a double-double machine etc etc. This is will be our 1st offseason to upgrade our C' position without 'the contract of Curry'..

But yet; MDA takes the fall

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Its the "CURSE OF THE EWING!"

What he said to Dolan:
"Till you do right by me, everything you do or say gone end bad. I'll kill em' dead if ya puts a good team together again."

Lol....

Most people on here won't get this reference.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Read more, write less

Wake up Knick FanfromQueens, we have perhaps the 17th draft pick this year, none in 2012 and none in 2014. With Billups we have zero cap space for free agents. With Melo and Amare accounting for $39plusM next year and for increasing amounts thereafter over $40M, we willl always be strained for cap space. We may get lucky in the draft, but other than that and other than by giving up Billups what you currently see is what you will get next year. And we certainly need a lot of "gelling."

We'll, maybe Boston & Orlando is exactly what the Knicks need to get back on track?
It's no secret we've shit the bed against below average/horrible teams since the trade but yet? We're 6-2 against winning teams... which if anything? is at least a good sign; the ability to compete against good teams when focused. That same focus against solid teams must turn into consistent focus against the non-contenders though.

Well, I'm excited to see us play Boston tonight, without them having Perkins & a pesky Nate who I hated to see in Celtics green. Really hope we win this much needed game which could become a confidence builder.

With the ways we've played against good teams since the trade when compared to the ways we've lost to bad teams... Back to back W's against BOS & ORL really wouldn't shock me.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
We'll, maybe Boston & Orlando is exactly what the Knicks need to get back on track?
It's no secret we've shit the bed against below average/horrible teams since the trade but yet? We're 6-2 against winning teams... which if anything? is at least a good sign; the ability to compete against good teams when focused. That same focus against solid teams must turn into consistent focus against the non-contenders though.

Well, I'm excited to see us play Boston tonight, without them having Perkins & a pesky Nate who I hated to see in Celtics green. Really hope we win this much needed game which could become a confidence builder.

With the ways we've played against good teams since the trade when compared to the ways we've lost to bad teams... Back to back W's against BOS & ORL really wouldn't shock me.

Yeah that's the weirdest thing, and it makes even more frustrating to lose to teams like the Pistons and Bucks. The only losses we've had to playoff contenders were against ORL and DAL. The Dallas game we were completely demolished, but the Orlando game we were actually winning by a healthy margin going into the 4th with Dwight Howard having a very quiet night. I swear, this team is bi-polar or something.

la2ny

Starter
Yeah that's the weirdest thing, and it makes even more frustrating to lose to teams like the Pistons and Bucks. The only losses we've had to playoff contenders were against ORL and DAL. The Dallas game we were completely demolished, but the Orlando game we were actually winning by a healthy margin going into the 4th with Dwight Howard having a very quiet night. I swear, this team is bi-polar or something.
Not bi-polar, bi-winning