Is Amare better as a C or with a C ?

Scipio

Benchwarmer
After watching how well Turiaf and amar`e played together against Oklahoma I am wondering what your opinions are as to wether Amar`e is better as a centre or playing at the four and with a centre?

This is a tough one because there is no doubt that whilst Amar`e has been playing centre he has been amazing. However, Turiaf made a massive impact against the Thunder and watching them working as a tandem was a real pleasure.

I would like to see Amar`e at the four and Turiaf at the five. I think that they are perfect for one another. Turiaf gives defensive presence and energy whilst Amar`e is a scoring machine. That, to me, sounds like the perfect four and five combination.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

p0nder

Starter
On paper that is the best type of player to work with STAT. But they have been on the floor together earlier in the season and it did not work out as well as it did against the Thunder. Turiaf is also known as the leader for the 2nd unit. He brings a maturity and energy off the bench and leads guys like Tony Douglas and S. Williams, notice that you will often see the 3 of them on the floor at the same time.

As well, regardless of if it works well Coach noD' loves to play amar'e at the 5. the only reason he moved STAT from the 5 in PHO was because he was forced to do it with big time true centers joining the lineup.

I think that Turiaf is the right type of center to work with amar'e. He gets up and down the court quickly and commands a lot of space in the paint on defense. i've heard that STAT likes to play the 4 more then at the 5 and perhaps the plays with Turiaf will prove to the coach that stat can be more effective as a PF.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
The problem here is no matter what postion you put him at the team will NOT play defense. We may block shots which looks good on paper but other than that we rely on outscoring the other team.

I like Turiaf off the bench becasue amare has been killing other centers with his speed and athleticism. However Amare gets into foul trouble alot and when he is not on the court the team forgets how to ball. I would say its a game by game decision. For example if were playing Orlando Amare would be better off playing the 4.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Imagine him and Dwight....Oh man

I don't know if Amar'e's game would be affected by Howard's presence on the court like Zach Randolph's game affected Eddy Curry's or if Amar'e and Howard would be more like a Tim Duncan and David Robinson duo.

Kiyaman

Legend
After watching how well Turiaf and amar`e played together against Oklahoma I am wondering what your opinions are as to wether Amar`e is better as a centre or playing at the four and with a centre?

This is a tough one because there is no doubt that whilst Amar`e has been playing centre he has been amazing. However, Turiaf made a massive impact against the Thunder and watching them working as a tandem was a real pleasure.

I would like to see Amar`e at the four and Turiaf at the five. I think that they are perfect for one another. Turiaf gives defensive presence and energy whilst Amar`e is a scoring machine. That, to me, sounds like the perfect four and five combination.

This is to easy of a question which Amare career already answered.
There is nothing tough about this question.
Turiaf is a PF
Frye is a PF
Rubin Lopez had to switch his style of performance to PF

Hypothetically, if the Knicks had a 30 minute center like Nene or Varejao
their paint position would reduce Amare scoring & rebounding, plus force
Amare to defend alot of oponents centers on the switch.

mafra

Legend
When Turiaf was hurt and Chanlder too over the 4, Amar'e broke franchise record for consecutive 30+ point plus games.

I think the spacing, having 4 players stretch the floor and leaving Ama're to the middle all by himself helps his offensive game.

I think playing a true center alongside STAT makes us better on the defensive end though.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Playing a solid C alongside STAT will make us a better defensive team.

Having 3 good shooters on the outside is enough...we don't need to become Amar'e + Kyle Korver x4...that's not going to win us games because we need defense and ways to win if shooting is bad

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
I don't know if Amar'e's game would be affected by Howard's presence on the court like Zach Randolph's game affected Eddy Curry's or if Amar'e and Howard would be more like a Tim Duncan and David Robinson duo.

Dwight is more of a defensive presence than a scorer I don't think STAT's game would be affected very much or affected at all to be honest, hell he might clear the way for STAT to jam it

Amare needs a great passing and shooting 5. Imagine Amare and Gasol. This is what we need to get if we can't attain this we draft a great Euro big man shooter and release Mozgov.

Kiyaman

Legend

Amare rookie season for coach Frank Johnson played all his minutes
of playingtime at the PF spot. Other than that, Amare career was at the
Phoenix Suns center spot, unless u want to include Amare's bum performance
with Shaq being the center.

Turiaf career was developed as a strong defensive PF to screen & pick for
Bynum & Kyame on the Lakers (Phil Jackson product). Turiaf reminds me of
Malik Rose defending Shaq all game (A tough Anthony Mason without the
scoring ability). The Knicks last 3 games showed signs of Turiaf workin with
Douglas on the pick n roll.
The Knicks will have to look for a veteran PF, who have experience
playing with a F/C in a lineup to compliment Amare.

Amare & Dantoni has been doing a very poor job at developing a young
raw 6.10 Anthony Randolph. It looks like they never bothered to work
with AR on the offensive end of the court.
My Nephew has been a fan of Anthony Randolph since he was drafted into
the NBA, and recorded all the Knicks game this season. He blames Felton
for AR & Mozgov no longer being in the Knicks rotation.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin: