There's a new Sheriff in town

jimkcchief88

All Star
So u say tomorow, carmelo anthony BIG-EGO is going on the road.
The I wanna be the bigman on campus are going to Derek Rose/rookie high scorer SF-Doug McDermott team?
then going to Hardin/Howard team?
then going to Kobe/ROY Julius Randall team?
then stopping at CP3/Griffin's racist owner team?
Yeah, the Knicks are stuck with ISO-Melo's ballhoggin and poor decision-making for another season.

Without Melo, the Knicks forwards (Stat/Bargs/Earley/Ante) would give us close to 50 points per game on 47% shooting. With Melo taking all the fowards minutes we average less than 35 points per game from our PF & SF rotation.
You are assuming of course that Bargs and STaT stay as healthy as their bank accounts:)

Broadway

All Star
Wrong again, 3GdUmE....YOU implied a lottery pick=instant success and is worth dumping the NBa's #2 scorer and minutes leader and tanking the season. I merely pointed out we already have 2, as a matter of fact 3 lottery picks on our roster. I forgot about Bargiani:) so your tanking point is out the window. None of the champs of the past five years have taken that path. Once in the lottery you stay there. Every nBA team has lottery picks...I'm sure those Knicks season tix holders would disagree with your tanking idea on Chief:(

Wrong I implied the difference between having Melo maxed and our winning payoff isn't worth it compared to landing in the lottery and rebuilding.

You then tried to be cute and asked where does landing in the lottery get teams and how will they attract free agents. I slapped the taste out of your mouth when I showed you a list of teams who have done just fine with such approach.

Now you're trying to take back roads to dead ends and tunneling underground like a mole to an anaconda's den

tiger0330

Legend
Chief you need to get in early on the CAnthony jerseys as in Cleanthony not Carmelo Anthony. The kid was a Bulls fan despite growing up in the Bronx and MJ was his idol according to this quote.

Early, however, wasn’t walking around in a Knicks jersey as a kid.
“I started watching basketball at 4, 5 — Michael was still playing then and I was a big Michael fan and my mom was a big Knicks woman,’’ Early said. “She loved the Knicks. I had an interest in them, but it wasn’t my go-to team.’’

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief you need to get in early on the CAnthony jerseys as in Cleanthony not Carmelo Anthony. The kid was a Bulls fan despite growing up in the Bronx and MJ was his idol according to this quote.

Early, however, wasn?t walking around in a Knicks jersey as a kid.
?I started watching basketball at 4, 5 ? Michael was still playing then and I was a big Michael fan and my mom was a big Knicks woman,?? Early said. ?She loved the Knicks. I had an interest in them, but it wasn?t my go-to team.??

Amazing how an individual player can grab you as a kid... I was a Sixer fan early on because of Dr J. I gotta check this kid out. Things are very touchy in "Bulls Nation" as D Rose channalled his inner "KO.com" and said it's not his job to recruit Melo in a yahoo article. Didn't fly to well around the CHI for a guy who hasn't played much the past two seasons. Melo is in town today.

tiger0330

Legend
Amazing how an individual player can grab you as a kid... I was a Sixer fan early on because of Dr J. I gotta check this kid out. Things are very touchy in "Bulls Nation" as D Rose channalled his inner "KO.com" and said it's not his job to recruit Melo in a yahoo article. Didn't fly to well around the CHI for a guy who hasn't played much the past two seasons. Melo is in town today.
Yeah, I don't get DRose. I don't think it's the first time he said he wouldn't recruit for the Bullies either, our boy Tyson goes to the Mavs and says his first day there he'll be glad to talk to Melo. I wouldn't expect to hear much from Melo about his Chi visit though he'll be asked by the media. Good thing is we won't have to wait very long, says he'll make a decision by 7/15.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yeah, I don't get DRose. I don't think it's the first time he said he wouldn't recruit for the Bullies either, our boy Tyson goes to the Mavs and says his first day there he'll be glad to talk to Melo. I wouldn't expect to hear much from Melo about his Chi visit though he'll be asked by the media. Good thing is we won't have to wait very long, says he'll make a decision by 7/15.

D-rose listens to his idiot brother Reggie too much and repeats the dumb things his big bro says lol :) but if Melo passes on CHI D-rose pass for skipping the last two seasons around here will run out and he will turn from "sugar to s**t on Chief. You already can't give his Addidas away even to a middle schooler because they want some Jays lol:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Wrong I implied the difference between having Melo maxed and our winning payoff isn't worth it compared to landing in the lottery and rebuilding.

You then tried to be cute and asked where does landing in the lottery get teams and how will they attract free agents. I slapped the taste out of your mouth when I showed you a list of teams who have done just fine with such approach.

Now you're trying to take back roads to dead ends and tunneling underground like a mole to an anaconda's den

Whatever n**** your point is dead as we already have three lottery picks on the current roster so I refuse to go back and forth with you debating the OBVIOUS like a little ole mitch on Chief

Broadway

All Star

D-Rose is funny style that way. He did the same thing when Lebron and Wade tried to put their name in the mix in 2010. He said I'm not showing them any special welcoming spirit. Needless to say Joahkim Noah reached out to Rose to help recruit Melo and he obliged. One thing Rose has to understand as he has a massive ego but he tries to sell it as humility and quiet pride, his team will need some help in order to get over the hump. Is the solution Melo who knows but he should not make himself exempt or above showing basic hospitality to free agents who are interested in playing for his franchise. Dude is borderline uber rude. All the great players get involved in recruiting one shape or another regardless if it's not in their job description.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't know if it's exactly how Rose means it, but maybe he is sincere about not wanting to recruit because bringing someone in may mean one of his teammates might have to go. He might think highly of his teammates as people and as players, and also he might feel like he is enough to help his teammates win a championship. Maybe if there was the roster spots open for it and the cap space he might get involved in recruiting.

If that is his mindset, I'd be the same way.

Broadway

All Star
I don't know if it's exactly how Rose means it, but maybe he is sincere about not wanting to recruit because bringing someone in may mean one of his teammates might have to go. He might think highly of his teammates as people and as players, and also he might feel like he is enough to help his teammates win a championship. Maybe if there was the roster spots open for it and the cap space he might get involved in recruiting.

If that is his mindset, I'd be the same way.

Being hospitable doesn't mean you're hoping for any particular teammate to be moved. That's literally the job of the GM and other executives on the team to make the roster work, which may or may not involve moving any parts. I think Rose is more stuck on himself and his personal glory

Funny how he opened his mouth when the Bulls were considering trading Noah for Howard and Boozer for Gasol a few yrs ago....but in the same breath said it would be a dream to play with Dwight

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...-rose-chicago-bulls-pretty-good-dwight-howard

Last time I checked it's not part of his job description to speak on who he thinks his team should and shouldn't trade for and no need to comment on what if scenarios but he did then.

Last but not least he showed up during the Melo recruitment pitch today and whether he wanted to be there or not the organization made sure he was because it's simply part of etiquette. And he should be there whether it was Melo, or say Gasol, or say Lance Stephenson.... or say Trevor Ariza etc etc.