8th Pick .. 6.5 PG Frank Ntikilina aka Frank Nitty

mafra

Legend
Kristaps Porzingis reached out to Frank Ntilikina.
It's a new day in Knicks Land and even this insignificant contact can be viewed as good news. While he hasn't made any public statements, Porzingis may be happy to see the days of the triangle are over and now he can create offense in ways he's more accustomed to. Fantasy owners can look to target him in the 25-30 range for nine-cat leagues.

mafra

Legend
Frank Ntilikina wasn't able to practice on Thursday due to a sore right knee.
He was watching from the sidelines with an icepack around his knee. Ntilikina just wrapped up his season with French team Strasbourg last week and bumped his knee in the final game, but it's reportedly just a minor knock. Expect an update on Friday, but he should be considered questionable for the Summer League opener on Saturday.
Source: NY Knicks PR on Twitter Jun 29 - 11:58 AM

Broadway

All Star
Kristaps Porzingis reached out to Frank Ntilikina.
It's a new day in Knicks Land and even this insignificant contact can be viewed as good news. While he hasn't made any public statements, Porzingis may be happy to see the days of the triangle are over and now he can create offense in ways he's more accustomed to. Fantasy owners can look to target him in the 25-30 range for nine-cat leagues.

So he does have a phone, it works, and he knows how to use one...gotcha

Broadway

All Star
That's okay Frenchie we fired Phil, everything is gonna be great from here on out

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Seriously have to fire whoever did this, just to send another message

DSJ is perfect fit for Horn's high pick and roll offense. Oh well.... too bad. We made our pick.... can't demand a re-do

It's funny because I just went back to DSJ's weaknesses scouting video on YouTube and his ability to run the pick-and-roll is actually listed as one of his weaknesses.

DSJ is a 6'3" guard with a 6'3" wingspan. If he can't cut it as a playmaker in the NBA, he is in trouble, regardless of his impressive athleticism. Ntilikina is a 6'5" guard with a 7'3" wingspan. If he fails as a playmaker, he is big enough and has a good enough shot to play as a 2 guard.

If I could, I'd give DSJ's impressive burst to the hoop to Ntilikina, because clearly Ntilikina doesn't have that kind of athleticism. But man, other than that, I'm struggling to see why people are so much higher on DSJ than Ntilikina.

Well, some yahoo compared Frank to Hill on draft night.... there's your man then.

If we can get George Hill for a reasonable contract, that would be a huge coup. He's been one of the most underrated players in the league for years, he's a high character guy, and he would be a great mentor for Ntilikina. Still, I find it hard to believe a projected playoff team won't provide more lure for a veteran like Hill.

mafra

Legend
If we can get George Hill for a reasonable contract, that would be a huge coup. He's been one of the most underrated players in the league for years, he's a high character guy, and he would be a great mentor for Ntilikina. Still, I find it hard to believe a projected playoff team won't provide more lure for a veteran like Hill.

Another reason to grab Hill then; pay him more than a playoff team can afford then we trade him at deadline for a future 1st.

Broadway

All Star

The offseason is driving costs extremely high...he's looking to get paid and justfiably so. Hill is a good dude but he's oft injured too right along with Jrue

This kid is made of sand, let the conspiracy begin

Wow, you have a good memory. That post from me was from over 3 months ago. Ntilikina has given us 18 minutes of playing time between Summer League and preseason, so yeah, you're right, there's a problem here.

tiger0330

Legend
This kid is made of sand, let the conspiracy begin

Saw him doing shooting drills with the coaches with no noticable limp, he's behind the curve and he's a rookie so he's not starting in OKC it'll probably be Sessions but the good news is it doesn't appear to be a serious injury.

Broadway

All Star
Saw him doing shooting drills with the coaches with no noticable limp, he's behind the curve and he's a rookie so he's not starting in OKC it'll probably be Sessions but the good news is it doesn't appear to be a serious injury.

Yeah, he probably could play if this was a Game 7 of Finals but at the same time guys play hurt all the time or not 100% and the fact he's played so little is alarming. Keep in mind he's not even practicing, like why can't he practice and get reps in? He has no structural damage, no tissue damage. All reports say he's experiencing 'soreness'. Say it's a minor injury and he's not ready to play a real game once again he should at the very least be practicing.

I personally think not only is he not durable(physically strong) but I think he's not challenging himself enough mentally and may be a little soft here. I get the fact he's a good guy but sorry we need him to MAN Up and quickly! Makes it worse when the face of the franchise is rowing in the same boat of fragility.