Potential Coaching Candidates

CA7

Scoring Champ
Who would you want to bring in next year as the head and lead assistant coach. Besides Phil Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy since those will be the popular choices

Wargames

Starter
Phil Jackson with Brian Shaw to replace him in a few seasons maybe? I think the triangle could work wonders here. The knicks have 4 bigs with maybe 5 with K-Mart. Shump Shump and Baron as your Guards and toney and fields could work in that system as well. Then add in phil Jackson would have enough respect from players to tell thwm when they're messing up due to his ability to manage egos. Its the perfect match.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Phil Jackson with Brian Shaw to replace him in a few seasons maybe? I think the triangle could work wonders here. The knicks have 4 bigs with maybe 5 with K-Mart. Shump Shump and Baron as your Guards and toney and fields could work in that system as well. Then add in phil Jackson would have enough respect from players to tell thwm when they're messing up due to his ability to manage egos. Its the perfect match.

Besides Phil Jackson

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I dunno. Do college coaches do well at making the jump from NCAA to NBA? Seems like there aren't a whole lot of NCAA turned NBA coaches who are that successful, but let's see who I've got in mind...

How about Ron Adams? He's an assistant with the Bulls right now, was an assistant with the Thunder before he was with the Bulls, and has been around for a while...

Or Andy Greer? Another Bulls' assistant, was one of JVG's assistants in Houston and one of Chaney's in NY

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Doug Collins still alive? (Oh wait, Philly.)

Walter McCarty interested in rejoining? (Figure he and Herb Williams would work OK.)

Of course we could jerk Pat Riley away from Miami.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I've seen enough of former Knicks players that make a huge coching career, I'd say give Patrick Ewing a chance.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Larry Brown is the best fit for this team. He holds everyone accountable on the defensive end, even his superstars. On the offensive end, he preaches ball movement and teamwork. He's going to require discipline from all his players though, and it can be a cause for tension in the locker room. It's unlikely he comes back to coach though.

Oh, and I think Woodson was part of Larry Brown's championship coaching staff in Detroit when they won the chip.

quiggle

Starter
excuse me, do some of you live in a fantasy world? if so *wake up*

this is the most practical, logical and available choice

isiah-marbury-handshake-fight.jpg

Wargames

Starter
Clyde & The Pearl in another thread mentioned Bill Laimbeer
So I did some research

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2011/...se-of-bill-laimbeer-the-right-man-for-the-job

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2011/0...-but-is-he-the-right-man-for-the-pistons-job/

I like what he said about his job was to win games

+Pros.

Laimbeer is a defensive coach just like he was a player
Laimbeer was part of a team that use to shut Jordan down with Defense
Laimbeer took a team full of talent in the WNBA that was underachieving to the championship twice (sounds familiar right)
Laimbeer is an assistant coach with the timberwolves and helped make Kevin Love the best PF in the game.
He has been a successful Head coach before (won 3 championships in the WNBA)
He might be able to do wonders with all the Bigs currently on the Knicks
its F*cking Bill Laimbeer, half the coaches in the league a few GM's and 1 owner (Jordan) are probably scarred mentally from playing against this guy.

-Cons
He is an assistant to the timberwolves (but hey Adelman is there too so...)
He knows Zeke, in fact they won rings together (however everyone at MSG knows Zeke)
He doesn't baby stars so the Knicks stars may be in for a culture shock
He is not an X & O guy but he has the ability to draw plays up during timeouts

Last edited: