• Renaldo Balkmen "Plastic Man"

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Isiah "Zeke" Thomas

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks(14-28) vs The Golden State Warriors(26-18)
Sun. 1/27 at 9:00pm ET on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and were here to take a look at Saturday nights matchup. The Warriors have the 7th best record in the Western Conference having won 7 of their last 10 games. The Knicks have managed to win 5 of their last 7 games. The Explosive offense of the Warriors might be to much for the Knicks to handle so we'll have to wait and find out to see what the Knicks can do to slow down the Warriors.

STARTING LINEUPS

THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

pg-Baron Davis
sg-Monta Ellis
sf-Stephen Jackson
pf-Al Harrington
C-Andris Biedrins

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SHOOTING GUARD FRED JONES
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Baron Davis vs Jamal Crawford

poy06_crawford_600px.jpg
53532_main_large.jpg

For the Knicks to be successful Jamal Crawford is a key player. He has the ability to score at will when his shot is on. Earlier this month Jamal was doing an excellent job of shooting more efficiently. His shooting percentes were all on the rise until recently.

Jamal Crawford Last 5 Games:

23.2ppg
5.8apg
44fg%
35% 3P
2.2topg

Over the last 3 games his fg% is an ugly 38%. This is why fans need to realize that they cant be so quick to jump on the Crawford bandwagon even after his impressive start this month. His defense is almost always non-existent and you dont know what to expect from him offensively.

Baron Davis has put up some impressive numbers that would be welcomed on the Knicks. Lets take a look at the damage hes done over the last 5 games:

24.6ppg
46.6fg%
39% 3P
6rpg
7apg
3.6spg

These are higher percentages then Baron has been shooting on the season, hes usually not this good. The last 5 teams the Warriors have played have been the Pacers, Bulls, Bucks, Twolves, and Nets. That explains these numbers and the 3.6 steals per game. Hes still a talented player reguardless but for the fans who dont follow other teams hes not this good.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Caps Lock on with extra exclamation marks, the Warriors are the 2nd best team offensively
  • Take Advantage!!!! Warriors are the worst team in the league defensivley.
  • Look to Double Team!!! Warriors have several players who can make bad defenders look stupid
  • Look to Agitate the Warriors!!! They have the 5th largest number of technical fouls with 25, Celtics are 1st with 32
Eastern Conference Standings

1. Celtics(34-7)
  2. Pistons(31-13)-4.5GB
  3. Magic(27-18)-9GB
  4. Wizards(23-18)11GB
  5. Raptors(24-19)11GB
  6. Cavs(23-19)-11.5GB
  7. Hawks(18-21)15GB
  8. Pacers(19-26)17GB
  9. Nets(18-25)17GB
  10. Bulls(17-25)17.5GB
  11. Bobcats(17-26)18GB
  12. Bucks(17-27)18.5GB
  13. 76ers(16-28)19.5GB
  14. Knicks(14-28)20.5GB
  15. Heat(9-33)25.5GB

A New Part of the Game Thread, Jazzy Jeff is introducing for the 1st time month by month statistics which will be updated for every game. Lets compare numbers from the first 3 months of the NBA season.

November(5-10):Opponents Points per game=101.5
93.1ppg,43.4rpg,17apg,42.9fg%,32.2%3P,70.2FT%,6.9spg,3.2bpg

December(3-11):Opponents Points per game=102.6
94.6ppg,41.3rpg,16.4apg,42.6fg%,33.1%3P,70.7FT%,6.7spg,1.5bpg

January(6-7):Opponents Points per game=96.5
95.5ppg,39.8rpg,20.8apg,46.3fg%,34.6%3P,73.3FT%,5.2spg,1.8bpg

Lets get back to talkin about the Knicks and Warriors. Although as I showed the last game stats indicate that the Knicks perimeter defense is average this is one occasion where I refuse to believe that. I will continue to post the stats of the best perimeter players on other teams unless theres any objection. With that being said heres a list of the best 3 Point shooters on Golden State:

1. Al Harrington-40.7%
  2. Kelenna Azubuike-39.7%
  3. Austin Croshere-37.1%
  4. Mickael Pietrus-36.4%
  5. Baron Davis-35.1%
  6. Troy Hudson-33.3%

Theres other players the Knicks will have there hands full with. Stephen Jackson is a versatile sf/sg who can score and defend. Matt Barnes, the former Knick can do some damage offensively. Monta Ellis should have no problem doing whatever he desires against the Knicks. Biedrins is good for a double double. This should be a very tough game but this west coast stretch presents an oppertunity to the Knicks to prove themselves.

One of the most important things with this Knicks team is the lineup rotations and thats been one of the problems all season long. Isiah needs to be less hesitant and pull players out who are not contributing. Balkman needs to get more minutes. He can make a big impact without scoring that many points. His defense is what this team lacks which is indicated by the stats comparing the Knicks month by month posted above.

Throwback HipHop Video of the Day:

Artist:Gza
Title:I Gotcha Back
Album:Liquid Swords
Year:1995

That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in Sunday night to catch the Knicks and Warriors.

NYKnicks15

Starter
that picture reminds me how much I miss Trevor Ariza. I mean I know hes just watching Craw dunk but still! haha. imagine we had some of the players we had prior and didnt make a few trades.. Wed have at least a Morris, Lee, Ariza, Crawford, Robinson starting lineup.. id rather watch that then what we have now.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Over the last 3 games his fg% is an ugly 38%. This is why fans need to realize that they cant be so quick to jump on the Crawford bandwagon even after his impressive start this month. His defense is almost always non-existent and you dont know what to expect from him offensively.

yeah true, but he always hits big shots, its going be interesting to see jamal guarding baron or monta.......

Pricey

Rotation player
Oh sh!t I never thought you would ever say that. I agree its true.

Man you spend a lot of time, and effort on those game threads, you are doin one hell of a job.
I agree, really appreciate it MSG.
Yeah im not holding my breath on this game. Ellis and Davis will rip us a new arsehole lol.
Hopefully we use Randolph and Curry heaps cause i think we can beat them in the post.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in Sunday night to catch the Knicks and Warriors.
Another great thread,MSG33.I have no idea the way this one is gonna turn out.The Knicks were blown out, the last two times they faced Golden State.They got blown out last year by the Warriors, before the All-Star break, and they got blown out again, this year, at the Garden.This is a game where we miss Marbury.Nate Robinson is a highly talented scorer, but I don't think he's gonna be able to match Baron Davis, offensively.If the Knicks want a good chance to win,the Knicks must get the ball to Randolph.He's a terrible defender, and will not be able to stop Al Harrington, so he has to neutralize him.Crawford is also going to have to have a big scoring night, to contain Davis.Stephen Jackson is a streaky shooter, and he shoots just 39% this year.Hopefully he has a bad game, or the Knicks will have their hands full.I say the Knicks win, since the Knicks are probably gonna try and get revenge, after being blown out twice in a row by this team.However, the Knicks will need a buzzer beater, if they want to steal this one.That's the only way I see them getting a W.

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks most glaring weakness is exemplified by driving guards - with Ellis and B-Diddy - there's no chance we win this one.

JC/nate cannot stop Davis/Ellis.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
they just out class us in the backcourt as trin_starr has pointed out. Ellis has been hot recently and b-diddy has been showing why hes one of the best guards around. Hopefully crawfords treys will be dropping and nate hittin them aswel, we could go down to a close game!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Oh sh!t I never thought you would ever say that. I agree its true.

Man you spend a lot of time, and effort on those game threads, you are doin one hell of a job.

Im embarrassed to admit this but I think this game thread took me about an hour an a half, maybe more.

I do believe Crawford is a key part of any future success for the Knicks this season but at the same time I went on and hinted that he will be unable to carry the load. If he can match what his opponent does offensively and shoot efficiently I am forced to have no problem with him. I realize hes not going to start playin D at this point so I just wanna see him shoot better and improve his all around offense.

I agree, really appreciate it MSG.
Yeah im not holding my breath on this game. Ellis and Davis will rip us a new arsehole lol.
Hopefully we use Randolph and Curry heaps cause i think we can beat them in the post.

I do believe Ellis and Davis will rip us a new asshole and I expect low minutes for Randolph or Curry, maybe both of them. They cant play this fast pace game so we'll see more Lee and Jeffries.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
RZA is a monster.

The 2000's died out when Pun passed...hopefully something heavy comes through this.

Great Video, Im not feelin what Rza did on the new Wu album but that doesnt take away what he did. Very few producers can F*ck with Wu and I dont see another rapper ever comin into the game at this point on the level of a Big Pun, Big L, and Biggie. NO ones albums are sellin, Ghostface is makin youtube videos beggin people to buy his album so he doesnt have to retire from the game. Sh*ts F*cked up now, everyone I know listenin to Rock and club music but they know not to bring that round me. Some of the new shit arite but its all about the 90's with rap and with the Knicks. F*ck the 2000's.

Back to the KNicks, I think we'll get circumsized by Golden State.

Official MSG33 Pregame Prediction: Warriors by 12

Its gonna be a blowout but the Knicks will chip away late in the 4th.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great Video, Im not feelin what Rza did on the new Wu album but that doesnt take away what he did. Very few producers can F*ck with Wu and I dont see another rapper ever comin into the game at this point on the level of a Big Pun, Big L, and Biggie. NO ones albums are sellin, Ghostface is makin youtube videos beggin people to buy his album so he doesnt have to retire from the game. Sh*ts F*cked up now, everyone I know listenin to Rock and club music but they know not to bring that round me. Some of the new shit arite but its all about the 90's with rap and with the Knicks. F*ck the 2000's.

Back to the KNicks, I think we'll get circumsized by Golden State.

Official MSG33 Pregame Prediction: Warriors by 12

Its gonna be a blowout but the Knicks will chip away late in the 4th.
lol Circumsized? Damn! I agree, the Knicks ain't gonna win this game.I'm hoping they win, but the only way I see them winning is with a buzzer beater, and Isiah is too pussy to set up a play for a 3, down the stretch, so I doubt it's gonna happen.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol Circumsized? Damn! I agree, the Knicks ain't gonna win this game.I'm hoping they win, but the only way I see them winning is with a buzzer beater, and Isiah is too pussy to set up a play for a 3, down the stretch, so I doubt it's gonna happen.

lol I was tryin to come up with sumthin new. And lol @ Marbury winnin the poll, I wondered who voted for him?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol I was tryin to come up with sumthin new. And lol @ Marbury winnin the poll, I wondered who voted for him?
I voted for Jerome "King" James, cause I think it's funny how someone that looks like he eats burgerking on a regular basis has that nickname.

WE WANT MARDY !!! *clap clap clap clap clap*

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mardy Collins could very well get some playing time tonight.Isiah started him in the game vs. the 76ers, and he might get the start or some minutes off the bench.I hope he can get at least 15 minutes in the game.He's a good defender, and he could help Crawford, if his man beats him off the dribble.If the Knicks want to run with the Warriors, their best lineup would be:
Starters: PG: Nate Robinson SG: Jamal Crawford SF:Renaldo Balkman PF: David Lee C:Zach Randolph
Bench:Eddy Curry,Fred Jones,Mardy Collins,Jared Jeffries
This lineup is very unlikely to be used tonight, though.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I voted for Jerome "King" James, cause I think it's funny how someone that looks like he eats burgerking on a regular basis has that nickname.

Its an appropriate nickname. I think David Lee has the funniest and best nickname "shallow waters" but I picked Starbury because im a starbury fan. I thought everyone hated that nickname, lmao @ him havin 5 votes and always doin good in the polls.

Mardy Collins could very well get some playing time tonight.Isiah started him in the game vs. the 76ers, and he might get the start or some minutes off the bench.I hope he can get at least 15 minutes in the game.He's a good defender, and he could help Crawford, if his man beats him off the dribble.

Any word on Fred Jones? I didnt read todays papers and I didnt see nothin on realgm.com; if he plays Mardy wont play at all or very few minutes. If I was the Knicks coach Mardy would consistently get 20 minutes a game.

GetRealistic

Starter
I like Mardy Collins just like the rest of you guys. And i was really excited about the way he played at the end of last year, but what has he done this season to encourage us. I know his time has been limited, but he's turning the ball over at a staggering rate and he can't make a layup let alone a perimeter J. I want Mardy to get some minutes but right now he doesn't deserve PT over Jamal, Nate, or Fred Jones.

Say what you want about Fred Jones but you know what your going to get out of him. A decent perimeter defender, who can hit open jumpers and runs the break well.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I like Mardy Collins just like the rest of you guys. And i was really excited about the way he played at the end of last year, but what has he done this season to encourage us. I know his time has been limited, but he's turning the ball over at a staggering rate and he can't make a layup let alone a perimeter J. I want Mardy to get some minutes but right now he doesn't deserve PT over Jamal, Nate, or Fred Jones.

exactly what im saying, he hasnt done anything this year that proves he should get more minutes, i was excited the way he ended the year last year but way too many TO's