Game thread: New York Knicks vs LA Clippers 3:30 3/3/2019 [Game #63]

Down 32 points halfway through the 2nd quarter. Early Sunday game on the West Coast not panning out here.

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy stat they just showed. MRob has taken 186 of his 187 shots in the paint this season.
Pretty fun fact, the one shot he took outside the paint was on the right baseline, maybe 15 ft. Not so fun fact is allowing 82 pts in the half 2 shy of the most allowed in franchise history. Shamet has hit 7 3s in the half for the Clip.

There was an article that Fiz is the right coach for this team but he came in saying we were going to move the ball and defend. We're dead last in assists and 25th in points allowed both stats worse than under Hornacek, so I've got an issue if you say Fiz was a good hire other than he might have a better line of BS than Hornacek.

tiger0330

Legend
That last 3 by Dotson has cut the lead to 23. At least the boys are showing some self respect even if they are not going to get a W today.

Lose by 21. Could have been worse after that awful 1st half.

MRob continues to impress. Another double double and 4 blocks. MRob is arguably the best shot blocker in the NBA.

A top 3 pick in the 2019 draft, another 1st round pick, MRob on a very team friendly deal, and Knox on a rookie deal gets us AD in the offseason. No doubt in my mind Pelicans would go for that. We are suckers if we make that trade though.

Broadway

All Star
Knox needs to lose his starting spot and you know who could possibly take it based on what happened earlier this yr? Knits!

He is seriously a problem and I'm not sure how he fits with development going forward. I wouldn't mind seeing M-Rob inserted into the starting lineup. I see him being replaced by whoever we pick or said free agent. All the concerns Kentucky had about his game has proven true this yr

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Knox needs to lose his starting spot and you know who could possibly take it based on what happened earlier this yr? Knits!

He is seriously a problem and I'm not sure how he fits with development going forward. I wouldn't mind seeing M-Rob inserted into the starting lineup. I se him being replaced by whoever we pick or said free agent. All the concerns Kentucky had about his game has proven true this yr
Knits for Knox. Not a bad idea, it's not going to win us any more games but KK has definitely not lived up to the starters minutes he's getting. Stats say Nits is most effective when he's the primary ball handler because he passes the rock and scores second but I don't see Fiz displacing DSJ or Mudiay for him so maybe sliding him into Knox's spot is not a bad idea.

I think you have to give Knox some direction if you are our coaching staff. Athletically, he looks like an NBA player, but his decision making and execution are awful. Coaching staff needs to simply the game for him on both ends of the court. This is quickly turning into a lost season of development for him.

MRob has DJ. Knox is supposed to be learning from...Lance Thomas? Yikes.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
Crazy stat they just showed. MRob has taken 186 of his 187 shots in the paint this season.

I luv the idea of my best Knicks draft pick MitchRob staying in his lane performing only the skills he's 96% productive at .. instead of being a FOLLOWER (3-ball shooting) performing task he's incapable at. You have to grade rookie MitchRob a B+ for his NBA performance !!!

Knits for Knox. Not a bad idea, it's not going to win us any more games but KK has definitely not lived up to the starters minutes he's getting. Stats say Nits is most effective when he's the primary ball handler because he passes the rock and scores second but I don't see Fiz displacing DSJ or Mudiay for him so maybe sliding him into Knox's spot is not a bad idea.

If the inexperience head coach Fizdale were to put Frank in the rotation for more than 24 min the remainder of the season, Franks depth and decision making will win games taking the Knicks out of the ZION race.
Franks raw none-scoring performance provide skills to win games, thats 65% better than the performance the Knicks get from Knox, Mudiay, and DSJ give on a nightly basis. Today's Knick performance prove that .. all the Clippers guards tormented the Knicks from tip-off till the final seconds of the game performing 2-Way B.ball.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
When i saw Knox in the summer league i thought he is solid player, but now he looks weak and lost, and whats up with that floater he fell in love with? usually guards do this when facing taller defenders in the paint, but a player like Knox should attach the basket with strength....

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
When i saw Knox in the summer league i thought he is solid player, but now he looks weak and lost, and whats up with that floater he fell in love with? usually guards do this when facing taller defenders in the paint, but a player like Knox should attach the basket with strength....

This. Why is he not driving and looking for a high percentage dunk or lay-up? Has he just given up like the rest of us? I think he's just working too hard and trying to force it rather than relaxing and letting the game come to him.

Kiyaman

Legend

What happen to Knox? Knox had a low IQ performance in Kentucky, plus was getting abused by other 18/19 yr old players last season.
Plus the Knicks had the worst Development season of young-core players i ever seen from a team in the NBA.
Knox raw performance has never showed he was worthy of receiving above 24 minute per game in his rookie season.

When the Knicks inexperience head coach Fizdale put Knox in the starting lineup "RED FLAG"!
At the moment Knox became a starter I knew the Knick coaching-staff were TANKING the 2018-19 season,
plus the Knick coaching staff had a poor one on one system that prevented the development of the Knick young-core players in all area of the game.

Knox selfish individual performance hit the rookie WALL in late Dec., and in January, coach Fizdale increase Knox minute of playing time to keep the Knicks TANKING as the #1 or #2 worst performing team in the league.
In the offseason here are some of the things Knox has to work on ..
1) Knox defensive effort are the worst on the Knick roster.
2) Knox passing-skills leads to a turn-over, Knox cant throw a lob pass down court in transition, nor throw a lob alley-oop pass to any above the rim teammate or big man.
3) Knox selfish shoot first performance has kept him at a 30% shooting (4-12) performance.
4) Knox performance does not compliment any of his teammates performance on the court.

https://youtu.be/Oe9PmtNfs6c

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
What happen to Knox? Knox had a low IQ performance in Kentucky, plus was getting abused by other 18/19 yr old players last season.
Plus the Knicks had the worst Development season of young-core players i ever seen from a team in the NBA.
Knox raw performance has never showed he was worthy of receiving above 24 minute per game in his rookie season.

When the Knicks inexperience head coach Fizdale put Knox in the starting lineup "RED FLAG"!
At the moment Knox became a starter I knew the Knick coaching-staff were TANKING the 2018-19 season,
plus the Knick coaching staff had a poor one on one system that prevented the development of the Knick young-core players in all area of the game.

Knox selfish individual performance hit the rookie WALL in late Dec., and in January, coach Fizdale increase Knox minute of playing time to keep the Knicks TANKING as the #1 or #2 worst performing team in the league.
In the offseason here are some of the things Knox has to work on ..
1) Knox defensive effort are the worst on the Knick roster.
2) Knox passing-skills leads to a turn-over, Knox cant throw a lob pass down court in transition, nor throw a lob alley-oop pass to any above the rim teammate or big man.
3) Knox selfish shoot first performance has kept him at a 30% shooting (4-12) performance.
4) Knox performance does not compliment any of his teammates performance on the court.

https://youtu.be/Oe9PmtNfs6c

I agree with all the above but what now? I think he can be something good, you see flashes but then he goes back to floaters and erratic shooting. isn't playing him more should make him better?
a player like Knox should have his own trainer who is following him every day on everything, it looks like he is playing only.... what a huge difference between him and Robinson, is all that because of D Jordan?