Defense,Defense,Defense

la2ny

Starter
Ok when the season started this is what was on my mind:

1.Improve defensively-Check
2.Make playoffs-In Progress
3.Hope Stat goes coocoo-Check

Now this thread is about the D. We show great intensity we get lots of blocks and we do give effort for the most part.
There's always mental lapses with anyone,including the smelldicks, but, I keep reading about we need defensive players.

My question is who's still coaching this team? Yes, he's not saying go shoot 500 3's but he's also not Tom Thibbadeau. For what we have were doing great defensively if anybody has noticed. This team wasn't even built on D which is why I don't understand what everyone is talking about. They are NOT a defensive team and won't be until A: D'ant is gone and B:We build the team around a defensive coach. You don't acquire players that don't play the style you want. Like seriously Reggie Evans in SSOL? lol

All we can hope for our players that can atleast give effort and get the 50-50 plays. The defense will be no better acquiring 1 or 2 players because you still have the same team which isn't a D powerhouse.

Our Key Needs-Possibilities:
Backup PG-S.Telfair?
C that rebounds and spaces the floor(No Glen davis isn't the answer he's undersized)-M.Camby?
Go to Guy(when STAT sat the Smelldicks came back from like 10 down in the 3rd)-J.Crawford or C.Anthony?

Just want to start a discussion on this because everyone says it isn't the offense but actually the way the team is built it is.(case in point tonight when Amar'e wasn't around. No energy, no synergy,no double teams= no baskets)

la2ny

Starter
Well we need defense in the paint. So Camby, Birdman, and Gasol (who also brings offense) would be great.
Gasol isn't really defensive lol.The knock on his brother was that he was soft, well tbh Marc is just a little heavier.

I've seen people lighter then him abuse him.On O he's better then the other 2 but D idk he's suspect

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Gasol isn't really defensive lol.The knock on his brother was that he was soft, well tbh Marc is just a little heavier.

I've seen people lighter then him abuse him.On O he's better then the other 2 but D idk he's suspect
Well I don't know much about him. Camby and Birdman we do know would help out. Whoever we get really needs to defend near the basket.

iSaYughh

Starter

That was the knock on him. But it got proved entirely wrong once he was brought into a good sports city and good team that brought his total game out.

Not unlike M.Gasol is and likely would be. He is plus at blocks...steals...athleticism for his size (7feet+) He can make impacts on defense. His offensive game and versatility takes away from the perception of what he can and does do on defense. And he isn't bad at it either, despite being with Memphis.

You can't put a price on who will fit most seamlessly w our current squad, either. Our movement and fluidity of chemistry and style is the pipeline of our success and development.

M.Gasol helps us score more points and improve our D, while augmenting and staying most consistent with our style and the rest of our players, versus conflicting.

Chitown Kid

Banned
How did NY improve defensively? LMFAO!

Giving up 110 points per game...

I love watching the Knicks play though, they are incredibly entertaining and I can not wait to watch them in the playoffs. The NBA is at its best when the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, and New York Knicks are all in the playoffs. :beer:

GeeboBXNY

Benchwarmer
Bro you gotta go. We don't like you here we don't want your input whatsoever. Hopefully after Fridays national televised game you will leave, because I know for sure you don't get MSG in Chicago, Thank God. Why aren't you worried about your defense? Didn't you just lose your defensive center?