Fly On The Wall

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
How would you like to be a fly on the wall at this congregation of Hoop stars?

You've said that you, LeBron James and Chris Bosh will have a dinner at the end of the season and talk free agency. Are you getting those guys in trouble mentioning that dinner? Wade: "No, I'm not getting them in trouble. Those guys like Chris and LeBron who decided not to talk about it, there's no secret they have to sit down and think about their future as well?We're all friends; we're all boys. I decided with LeBron to sign this deal to give ourselves the flexibility in the three years. So we're going to sit down again and talk about it." HoopsWorld
What are the chances any of you - LeBron, Chris Bosh, and I'll even throw fellow Olympian Joe Johnson in the mix - end up on the same team? Wade: "I really don't know what the chances are. Right now it looks like it's just talk and it's just chances. But you never know. I don't know. I'm not going say anything about those guys not being happy with their organizations because they all might be. You never know. You just have to wait and see. That's what keeps everybody into it. Because it's entertaining, it's the factor of the unknown. Who knows what's going to happen? And that's what we all want to see." HoopsWorld
Would you take significantly less money to play with somebody? Wade: "I'm just about winning. For me, I've been blessed in my life so far to have the riches I have right now. Going forward if I'm blessed to have another big contract and have riches, no matter what the number is, I'm blessed. If you'd asked me this when I was (growing up) in Robbins (Ill.), I wouldn't have thought I'd be in this position. So, to me it's not necessarily about the dollars and cents. It's about winning and making sure every year I can compete (for a title), and as long as I'll be giving my best to the organization, they're doing the same for me. Hopefully, we can have more (championship) parades as I play this game." So is that a "yes" or a "no" on taking less money? Wade: "(laughs) That's the answer I just gave." HoopsWorld

ANU

Starter
what scares me about this whole situation is, these guys see what the perennial favorites look like.the lakers and celtics are loaded with all stars.not bosh, nor bron, or wade are playing with all stars right now.i can see those three guys going to Miami because of that.

if that shit happens, it could be a whole'nother decade before we're even competing.this shit could open up a new can of worms that that genius stern wouldn't do shit about.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
what scares me about this whole situation is, these guys see what the perennial favorites look like.the lakers and celtics are loaded with all stars.not bosh, nor bron, or wade are playing with all stars right now.i can see those three guys going to Miami because of that.

if that shit happens, it could be a whole'nother decade before we're even competing.this shit could open up a new can of worms that that genius stern wouldn't do shit about.

Why not going to the Knicks ? I mean do you think LeBron would enjoy going to Dwade's team ? If I were Lebron I would prefere a neutral team like NY were you don't feel everyday that it was the team of your friend next to you and that you are the new guy. I would want everyone to be new to the team.
Plus wade is a Nike product this year ... do you think it could help join Bronbron to the Knicks ???

Damn this summer 2010 will decide of our next 10 years of Bball. It's scaring.

Last edited:

ANU

Starter
Why not going to the Knicks ? I mean do you think LeBron would enjoy going to Dwade's team ? If I were Lebron I would prefere a neutral team like NY were you don't feel everyday that it was the team of your friend next to you and that you are the new guy. I would want everyone to be new to the team.
Plus wade is a Nike product this year ... do you think it could help join Bronbron to the Knicks ???

Damn this summer 2010 will decide of our next 10 years of Bball. It's scaring.
CAPSPACE.miami will have over 25 mill in capspace WITH wade on the books.:barf:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

hoopshype counts his player option for next year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

again:barf:

Hoopshype doesen't count the team options tho. That means:

WADE 17.149.243 +
BEASLEY 4.962.240 +
COOK 2.169.856 =
24.281339 for three players.

Depending on the cap 50-54 mill they will have between 25.7 mill and 30 mill to fill out their rooster. Now if Lebron decide to leave Cleveland will comand 30% of the cap or 15-16.3 mill. That will leave Miami with 10.7-14.3 mill to sign to sign at least 8 more players for a league minimum of 12 players.

Keep in mind I did not included in these numbers their team option on Chalmers (847.000 K) and their first round pick wich could be an additional 1-2 mill depending where they pick. Since the league minimum salary is about 500k they can get players to fill the rooster but for 500k to 1mill you only get undrafted players or NBDLA that try to make it to NBA. At best that team could have Wade, Lebron, Beasley, Chalmers and 8 scubs. They will get beat night in night out.

So can they fill out the rooster after signing Lebron? In theory yes but the reality they have the same chance at it as we have at signing 2 free max agents and have a competitive team.