Game 4: NY Knicks @ Sacramento 12/31/2011

Sage

Rotation player
Knicks have gone cold from outside, now we'll get to see if any adjustments get made.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
They're shooting too much threes... Bibby's made a couple of P&R with Chandler and it hasn't looked that bad, so why they're just shooting threes instead of playing more in the paint?

CA7

Scoring Champ
We're getting 3 happy, I like the ball movement but we're not attacking the basket like early on or forcing them into TO's and bad shots

nyk_nyk

All Star
Let's assume the offensive aspect is a combination of luck, and bad defence on the side of the opponent. Are you denying there's a serious difference in terms of hustle and defence; Something the team could have demonstrated in the last two games.

There's no denying the hustle defense but the 3 pt shots are masking things as well. In addition to sac's horrible defense.

la2ny

Starter
I know were better with STAT talent wise, but even I have to admit things are alot smoother and we look more like a normal "team" w/o him. STAT just does some of the most peculiar things w/ the ball. I know he's a face-up 4, but dudes shooting 3's like Ray Allen, constantly turning into doubles and charging through dudes like he's LBJ w/ no steam. I may sound get crucified for saying it, but I think we should "maybe" look to try and fill out the "team" with a potential deal. We'd also probably be able to have more flexibility financially. I know it sounds ridiculous, but this is just my opinion. A deal like Josh Smith, Kirk Hinrich, and draft picks would be something I'd definitely consider.

Davis/Hinrich/Bibby
Fields/Douglas/Shumpert
Melo/Balkman/Walker/Novak
Smith/Jorts/Jeffries
Chandler/Jordan

That is a significantly deeper team w/ a definite defensive tone w/ Smith replacing STAT and we get a 6th man in Hinrich who allows TD to play off the ball. Also Hinrich would expire after this year and Smith the next. We'd have cap room after 2 years which is when the severe penalties kick in.

Sage

Rotation player
I know were better with STAT talent wise, but even I have to admit things are alot smoother and we look more like a normal "team" w/o him. STAT just does some of the most peculiar things w/ the ball. I know he's a face-up 4, but dudes shooting 3's like Ray Allen, constantly turning into doubles and charging through dudes like he's LBJ w/ no steam. I may sound get crucified for saying it, but I think we should "maybe" look to try and fill out the "team" with a potential deal. We'd also probably be able to have more flexibility financially. I know it sounds ridiculous, but this is just my opinion. A deal like Josh Smith, Kirk Hinrich, and draft picks would be something I'd definitely consider.

Davis/Hinrich/Bibby
Fields/Douglas/Shumpert
Smith/Jorts/Jeffries
Chandler/Jordan

That is a significantly deeper team w/ a definite defensive tone w/ Smith replacing STAT and we get a 6th man in Hinrich who allows TD to play off the ball. Also Hinrich would expire after this year and Smith the next. We'd have cap room after 2 years which is when the severe penalties kick in.

I agree with you that Amare does all that and it's really not working for him, but I think trading him might be extreme at this point. If he can get back to what he was doing last year with his mid-range J and the running jumper he does, then I'll be happy.

He also needs to be involved with pick and rolls, which I've seen run quite successfully tonight.

Also, looked like the Knicks just ran a play using triangle offense, I wouldn't be upset if there were more of that.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Davis/Hinrich/Bibby
Fields/Douglas/Shumpert
Smith/Jorts/Jeffries
Chandler/Jordan

I hear you but why do you care about Dolans money? As long as we can sign players it's not our concern.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Douglas is destroying my mind right now with his shot selection, he's turning into Smush Parker

la2ny

Starter
I hear you but why do you care about Dolans money? As long as we can sign players it's not our concern.

Screw Dolan I meant it in a way for Grunwald or whoever else will be GM to have flexibility to improve the team.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I'm watching the game with Sacremento commenting and they will not stop comparing Jorts to Brad Miller. They've mentioned it 3 times in 5 minutes.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's not about our defense, we've allowed just 22 points in the second compared to 20 points in the first, but it's our offense that sucks so badly...