Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Disagree.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I can't make up my mind!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Red

TYPE-A
2 years ago... I anticipated change within the NYK org. I envisioned a new coach who would instill a DEFENSIVE intensity and philosphy. To contend with the likes of LBJ, Howard, The Big 3, up and comer medial teams like CHA and CHI etc... I am no expert- but I KNEW discipline and defense was what was needed to serve as an immediate remedy for this porous team, especially since our roster included mostly MID-ROAD players who's best attribute was scoring (although inconsistant)

I hoped our new coach would be the answer since turn-around franchises like the Hawks and Cavs eeven the Magic had coaches that stressed Defense. I envisioned a coach bringing something that was lacking out of the players we had to "at least become competitive". I've watched us pass on Brook Lopez, missed out on Curry and Rubio and recently again mis-fired on Jennings and Evans. Sh!t I would even put Dujuan Blair in there.
I had aspirations of Walsh and D'Antoni that (hind sight says) could of EASILY been accomplished not some pipe dream long shot- just doable deals. Granted shedding salary was great, but without the proper plan (building a solid defensive unit and acquiring a "STAR") how could I expect those deals to bring us success without the overall priorities there? By "Star" I (we) mean simply... All-Star, Superstar, Face of the franchise you know? By now we should have expected this! Every Good Team has a star (or budding star) we get Gallinari, Hill, and TD. Do these guys in the front office know anything about basketball? Selling tickets, shedding salary, developing defenses and consistancy are all valued priorities, ACQUIRING A "STAR" whether by draft or FA is and always will be the priority, specifically with a new regime. I know we are shedding salary but... honestly can you imagine what we would do with a Lebron, T-Mac etc... with this coach? What, can we expect LBJ or TMAC or GAY or AMARE to stand around the 3pt line waiting for a kick-out? That's what we currently get.

Red

TYPE-A
Cont'd

Can we expect these new players to play out of position and still be successful? I mean LBJ at the point? Lee is a center? What the f*ck is this? Here's my rant... I've spent hours (maybe weeks and years in total) watching and rooting and hoping for my team. As I mentioned this new regime had ample opportunities to show and prove.
At this point I have absolutley no confidence that this coach will acquire the kind of PG we as LIFE-LONG fans envissioned- he just isn't. He's had chances to sign many guards who could approach stardum and he looked and supported guys like Duhon, Kidd, Miller etc... but passed on many available guards.
I have no confidence in this team being successful Even If They Acquire a ready made star. Why? Well D'Ant couldn't do ANYTHING with ANYONE on this roster (that Isaih or any other coach couldn't have done) except lose the respect they gave him. Game plan, strategy, motivation, innovation, intensity, pride THESE are qualities and areas this coach has FAILED IN.
That said... I'm done! I'm a New Yorker I demand better. No more of my time, energy and $ will support this. Here it is- you show me positive results and I'm in. Yoi don't then f*ck you! I don't want to hear about the loyalty and fair weather sh*t etc... I and you would be fools to give ANY support to this sh*t! Why would we? For this, for these schmucks who clearly are clueless to get paid millions making this team a compete laughing stock? No Thanks- I demand better- you produce or get the f*ck out. No reasoning, no chances nothing, I got better things to do with my time.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Dude you know me. I'm the biggest D'Antoni supporter. No joke

why does everyone think we should be better then we are ? Great we keep games close but teams know who they are playing and can step when need be.

Isiah Failed, Larry Brown Failed and now D"Antonio failed......Anybody see a common link ?

BTW remember how we started the season last year when we had Randolph and Crawford. We had a winning record until they were traded due to cap.

WE HAVE NO STAR PLAYERS..........Why do you people keep talking as if we have something and D"antonio cannot pull then together..........

I agree some of what he has done falls into question but he has been handed a pile of shit and I guess its not the easiest thing to deal with......

Paul1355

All Star
why does everyone think we should be better then we are ? Great we keep games close but teams know who they are playing and can step when need be.

Isiah Failed, Larry Brown Failed and now D"Antonio failed......Anybody see a common link ?

BTW remember how we started the season last year when we had Randolph and Crawford. We had a winning record until they were traded due to cap.

WE HAVE NO STAR PLAYERS..........Why do you people keep talking as if we have something and D"antonio cannot pull then together..........

I agree some of what he has done falls into question but he has been handed a pile of shit and I guess its not the easiest thing to deal with......
explain to me why he continues to bench Douglas, Hughes, Hill and Bender when Duhon and Jeffries get sufficient playing time?

Mike D procrastinates about defense and energy this whole team procrastinates. If you want defense and energy than play guys who have the ability and "spirit" (as mike d quoted) to play at a high level and not these d league players.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
explain to me why he continues to bench Douglas, Hughes, Hill and Bender when Duhon and Jeffries get sufficient playing time?

Mike D procrastinates about defense and energy this whole team procrastinates. If you want defense and energy than play guys who have the ability and "spirit" (as mike d quoted) to play at a high level and not these d league players.

Dude. Your response strengthens his argument. You're calling for Douglas, Hill, Hughes and Bender as replacements for Duhon and Jeffries.

clumsy

Rotation player
Well....i don't get why D'Antoni won't try this. I thought he took a step in teh right direction by benching Duhon. But the next day he was on his dick again. It's a recession (basketball wise) for the knicks no time to consider peoples feelings.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I was expecting at least a fight for the 8th spot, but it seems highly unlikely. This sux cause the Jazz now get a nice pick. I'm not giving D'Antoni a pass just yet but I want to see what the NYK do in the ofseason and how he coaches the new acquisitions. The NYK's future hinges on this offseason and the next so I can't react just on this horrific season. So many question marks, so many.

Dlee's future
No PG
Who will we attract without having a playoff team in place
No1st round pick
Jefferies and Curry's contract.

I wish I could fastforward to September already.

skisloper

Starter
Dude. Your response strengthens his argument. You're calling for Douglas, Hill, Hughes and Bender as replacements for Duhon and Jeffries.

Thats the beauty of being such a die-hard fan you lose sight of the reality in which you are in.

Hill is starting to see a bit more time. Bender is hurt after 5 minutes and I beleive his first game he played for us will be his best. Hughes is a Baby for complaining to the press. After his awful pre-season he played and that was ok.

As for Douglas I would like to ask D'Antonio that question as he is one player that should be playing and showed signs ...........

Duhon spends more time partying then preparing and should not our starting point guard but in the cast of characters D'Antonio feels he is our best.

No matter what we will not get wins.....Look at Lee's stats and the other coaches did not put him in the all-star game.

skisloper

Starter
I was expecting at least a fight for the 8th spot, but it seems highly unlikely. This sux cause the Jazz now get a nice pick. I'm not giving D'Antoni a pass just yet but I want to see what the NYK do in the ofseason and how he coaches the new acquisitions. The NYK's future hinges on this offseason and the next so I can't react just on this horrific season. So many question marks, so many.

Dlee's future
No PG
Who will we attract without having a playoff team in place
No1st round pick
Jefferies and Curry's contract.

I wish I could fastforward to September already.

Curry is our's until next year when we can trade his expiring contract....Our only hope is Isiah takes over for the Clippers and trade him to us for Griffin. ( im kidding )

Jeffires continues to play every night as a sell job..........if he does not play we cannot get rid of him......we have 11 more days keep your fingers crossed...

Rid of Jeffries leaves us with , Gallo, Hill , Chandler and 31 million to spend.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Curry is our's until next year when we can trade his expiring contract....Our only hope is Isiah takes over for the Clippers and trade him to us for Griffin. ( im kidding )

Jeffires continues to play every night as a sell job..........if he does not play we cannot get rid of him......we have 11 more days keep your fingers crossed...

Rid of Jeffries leaves us with , Gallo, Hill , Chandler and 31 million to spend.

Curry's contract might be valuable in the summer because it becomes an expiring contract so teams might want to unload a star player's long salary.

Jefferies' contract is hopefully gone in 11 days if not he also becomes an expring contract in the summer.

This is why i say so many questions, just want to hit the fast forward button dude.

Paul1355

All Star

because take Duhon out...use those minutes for Douglas and Hughes

Then take Jeffries out...use those minutes for Bender and Hill....

Then you will have more rebounds, better defense, more scoring, and more hustle which = a chance to win a basketball game.

Douglas and Hill are better than what people think... every time these guys play they make somewhat of an impact in the game. Even Hughes does with his defense. Bender can score but needs to learn how to get in the post. All of these players i mentioned are better than what is currently being used.

So to say that Mike D has nothing is not fair to say because he has better players, he just never uses them.

ANU

Starter
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Red

TYPE-A
Please answer the following...

Dear D'Antoni supporters aka Trillion, JPZ etc... I pose these questions with as much seriousness as possible:
1. When D'ant took this job what was he planning?
2. What happened b/t D'ant & Marbury? N8, Hughes, Milicic, Curry
3. Why did D'Ant push for Gallinari?
4. Being that Gallo was hurt and clearly remains limited, was he worth the $ the 6th pick gets?
5. Why is D'Ant supporting Duhon so much?
6. What criteria EXACTLY would you suggest in rating a coach i.e Wins etc...?
7. If the same criteria you suggested in #6 was what was used to rate our previous coaches (who were fired- released) why is D'Ant above the frey?
8. Is it true some coaches (& players) just aren't built to deal with NY (consider all sports)?
9. Could this be the case w/ D'Ant?
10. What EXACTLY must YOU see to label this coach as a failure?
11. Was "developing" talent and a base of players a priority to D'Ant IYO?
12. Refering to ?'s 1 & 11... how has that worked out so far?
13. Isn't saying a coach "needs" stars to succeed the same as saying he isn't that good? I mean if a coach is successful w/o that much talent- isn't that coach better than one succeeding w/ stars?
Well, you can't rate or give a coach a pass for previous performace, this isn't PHX. Maybe D'Ant is in over his head and its showing. I just would like to know what criteria are you using to feel he needs to stay? When you are finished answering (hopefully fairly)- then I'd bet anything he doesn't accomplish these things and you will see like so many of us already, D'Ant isn't a good fit for us. Like I said, if you use his historic stats, you must consider that HE wasn't responsible for building anything and therefore is as qulified as you or I.

jpz17

Starter
1. When D'ant took this job what was he planning?
He was planning on building a team with Walsh. He knew it wouldn't take a day
2. What happened b/t D'ant & Marbury? N8, Hughes, Milicic, Curry
Marbury is a hot head.. and Some coaches (D'Antoni) hate them. Nate?? He wasn't working hard and D'Antoni knows Nate's potential. Hughes? Not sure that is an inside thing aka practice. Darko? He isn't very good but I do want him to play more. Curry? Surgery. He played this year before it
3. Why did D'Ant push for Gallinari?
because Gallinari is the best player taken after the first 3 or so
4. Being that Gallo was hurt and clearly remains limited, was he worth the $ the 6th pick gets?
Yeah.. clearly remains limited... what a joke
5. Why is D'Ant supporting Duhon so much?
because Duhon is better than Toney Douglas and Nate at pg x100. Does he regret the signing a little? I'm sure but that is Walsh not D'Antoni
6. What criteria EXACTLY would you suggest in rating a coach i.e Wins etc...?
There are many ways to judge them. Winning I think it not a very good way to judge the coach. How about team chemistry, on court play, huge improvements in players, and having a system that fits the players.
7. If the same criteria you suggested in #6 was what was used to rate our previous coaches (who were fired- released) why is D'Ant above the frey?
Of course.. Chemistry during Isiah? The worst. on court play? bad. Improvements? What improvements. A system that works? please..
8. Is it true some coaches (& players) just aren't built to deal with NY (consider all sports)?
Of course.. See Carl Pavano & Javier Vazquez
9. Could this be the case w/ D'Ant?
Not at all. D'Antoni is a bigtime coach in a bigtime city. He doesn't care about the pressure. He is good with the media.
10. What EXACTLY must YOU see to label this coach as a failure?
Well.. a team projected to win around 50 games and ends up below 30
11. Was "developing" talent and a base of players a priority to D'Ant IYO?
Of course. He developed Gallinari and is developing Hill. He also developed Lee more
12. Refering to ?'s 1 & 11... how has that worked out so far?
Most of that stuff isn't on D'Antoni.. more Walsh.. but it has worked out ok. D'Antoni knew we wouldn't be making the playoffs in a year
13. Isn't saying a coach "needs" stars to succeed the same as saying he isn't that good? I mean if a coach is successful w/o that much talent- isn't that coach better than one succeeding w/ stars?
Not at all. Phil Jackson has starts and he is a great coach.

Well, you can't rate or give a coach a pass for previous performace, this isn't PHX. Maybe D'Ant is in over his head and its showing. I just would like to know what criteria are you using to feel he needs to stay?
Even if he was a real bad coach it would be a stupid move to keep changing coaches

There.. Now.. Watch D'Antoni excel