Knicks: 2008-2009 Predictions

How many games will the Knicks win in the 2008-2009 season?

• 50+

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 40-49

• 30-39

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • 24-29

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • less than 23

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
As we all know, the 2007-2008 Knicks season was a disaster.
knicks_suck.jpg

Our general manager and coach made a lot of poor trades, and he did a poor job of placing the people that deserved most to start in the starting lineup.
0_61_thomas_isiah_07.jpg

Most of the players played absolutely no defense:
act_zach_randolph.jpg
taft290x380.jpg

act_jamal_crawford.jpg
act_quentin_richardson.jpg

The few players that did play defense had very little offense:
01225_balkphs016000.jpg
act_jared_jeffries.jpg

It all resulted in a 23 win season, for the 3rd time in Knick history.

Now that the Knicks have a new president and coach, and the new
GM is soon to be named, do you think that the Knicks will be better next year? If so, how much better?
walsh_240_desk.jpg
coy_presser_415.jpg

Last edited:

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
they suck there not gonna win many if things stay the same get rid of curry, crawford, james, randolph and richardson and jefferies! AKA crap shit holes!!
THATS RIGHT!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I voted that the Knicks will get between 24 and 29 wins. I think Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are going to make a lot of mistakes(with trades, free agent signings, and starting lineups) and the Knicks will continue to suck next year.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
30-39 wins. We'll see some improvement because of marbury being healthy again but he still wont have enough help. Maybe in the 09-10 season.

lmao @ whoever voted 50+ wins

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol That would be funny if the Knicks really did get 50 wins next year. The Knicks would probably lose their first round pick, if they did win 50+ games. Let's hope the Knicks barely get in the playoffs next year, so that they could still keep their pick and be competitive, at the same time.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
im serious when i say this we start chandler marbury and david lee i would not be surprised if we get a 40+ in the east...but other thne that maybe a 30+

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
im serious when i say this we start chandler marbury and david lee i would not be surprised if we get a 40+ in the east...but other thne that maybe a 30+
Welcome back! You have the Denver Nuggets, for the Draft Fantasy Game.
Go to the thread titled, "Fantasy GM Game: Official 2008 NBA Draft(Picks only)." You could select who you want on that thread.

I will tell you more information on a private message.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
lol That would be funny if the Knicks really did get 50 wins next year. The Knicks would probably lose their first round pick, if they did win 50+ games. Let's hope the Knicks barely get in the playoffs next year, so that they could still keep their pick and be competitive, at the same time.

Why would we lose our pick next year if we win 50+ games? I thought from now on, we have all our picks except in 2010. By the way, does anyone know if we lose the 2010 pick entirely or is it a swap?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I expect evident progress. LOL I can't say that with a straight face.
Seriously, I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I wanted Tony T. because he's a defensive coach that I believe can bring the best out of these players. Mike D'Antoni is a great coach but I'm still not convinced that he's the right coach for this group. It's good to hear that Jeffries and Curry are working out early. Maybe there is hope. But I'm cautiously optimistic. We've seen this show before. Hopefully this act will have a different ending.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why would we lose our pick next year if we win 50+ games? I thought from now on, we have all our picks except in 2010. By the way, does anyone know if we lose the 2010 pick entirely or is it a swap?
The Knicks have a 1-23 protected pick, in 2009. If the Knicks were to win over 50 games, they'd most likely end up being a top 6 team in the NBA, and they'd most likely lose their pick. Don't worry, though. It's not like that would ever happen. The Knicks suck, and they most likely won't even make the playoffs next year.

The Knicks lost their 2008 second round pick, as part of the Zach Randolph trade.
The Knicks lost their 2009 second round pick, as part of the Eddy Curry trade, in case you were wondering.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Knicks will go 40-42. Miss the playoffs by one game.

They will keep their 2009 pick and 2009 is when the knicks will begin to make a liitle noise and make the playoffs.

2010 knicks will add a major player to join OJ Mayo.
Kncks will be dominant agian from 2010 and beyond!!!!!

Knicks will go 40-42. Miss the playoffs by one game.

They will keep their 2009 pick and 2009 is when the knicks will begin to make a liitle noise and make the playoffs.

2010 knicks will add a major player to join OJ Mayo.
Kncks will be dominant agian from 2010 and beyond!!!!!
if everything is run how it is supposed to be run aruond here, and we get oj-then thats whats gonna happen

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
My prediction:
Knicks will go 27-55 next year

Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni will draft Danillo Gallinari(waste of a pick) and they'll try and keep Eddy Curry, "to see what he can do."

My prediction for next year's starting lineup:
PG Nate Robinson
SG Aaron Jamal Crawford
SF Danillo Gallinari
PF Jared Jeffries
C Eddy Curry

Zach Randolph will get traded, along with our 2009 first round draft pick
Quentin Richardson and Jerome James will get waived.
Stephon Marbury will get traded for players that have long term contracts.

I'm sorry, but I have no faith in Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni. They're going to continue what Isiah started.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i honestly don't see the knicks winning more than 35-42 games this year anything less will be a disappointment and anything more will be a surprise.....they'll be a fun team to watch that could/should contend for a playoff spot but we'll do nothing in the playoffs at least not this upcoming season

but again it all depends on what happens this offseason begining with the draft...and they should draft smart....if mayo isn't there then take either D.J or westbrook

dre48ny

Rotation player
My prediction:

Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni will draft Danillo Gallinari(waste of a pick) and they'll try and keep Eddy Curry, "to see what he can do."

PG Nate Robinson
SG Aaron Jamal Crawford
SF Danillo Gallinari
PF Jared Jeffries
C Eddy Curry

I'm sorry, but I have no faith in Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni. They're going to continue what Isiah started.

I would be shocked if they traded Marbury! That would not be a step in the right direction and certainly not part of the equation to free cap space. I really don't think they will draft the italian kid. If Mayo is off the board; I think they will draft Augustine. I don't think many trades will be made because our problematic players are not much in demand ( except maybe Zbo). I agree 100% that Q-Rich and Jerome James should be waived immediately.
The Knicks will play with the current players and their draft choice. Perhaps when the all-star trading deadline approaches, they will make some moves.

Zbo or Curry must be moved before the start of the 2009-2010 to open up space to resign DLee or Robinson and still be in a position to acquire free agents in the 2010-2011 season.

Knicks will not make playoffs next year and hopefully can draft a decent Center in the 2009 draft.

My prediction:

PG Nate Robinson
SG Aaron Jamal Crawford
SF Danillo Gallinari
PF Jared Jeffries
C Eddy Curry

I agree with your post. Other posters on here will not like the truth that you told but thats just the reality of it. Donnie Walch can at least say at one time he was a good general manager but at his current age he is to old to be doing this.

How do you get the pictures that everyone has under your name and under where your post is?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree with your post. Other posters on here will not like the truth that you told but thats just the reality of it. Donnie Walch can at least say at one time he was a good general manager but at his current age he is to old to be doing this.

How do you get the pictures that everyone has under your name and under where your post is?

Go to your profile. Then click on edit signature. You can copy and paste whatever picture you want on there.

The reason why I don't trust Donnie Walsh is because he took Mike D'Antoni, instead of Patrick Ewing, for the coaching spot, and because he gave him D'Antoni 30 million dollar contract, for 5 years. Another reason why I don't trust him is because the Indiana Pacers haven't made the playoffs in almost 3 years, and Donnie Walsh was President, at the time.