I'm a dad

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
21 years old
broke as ****(cash goes straight to books/parties)
personal trainer close to getting certified
2-3 semester left to getting my bachelors

any advice? I feel kinda lost, but I still wanna take responsibility and make it happen...not trying to fit the stereotypical Puerto Rican dad and be irresponsible.

that right there....no more partying.

KingCharles34

All Star
21 years old

any advice? I feel kinda lost, but I still wanna take responsibility and make it happen...not trying to fit the stereotypical Puerto Rican dad and be irresponsible.
You doing the right things, you just gotta keep battling like the homie cotto. Hes an inspiration everytime he steps in the boxing ring. You're almost there too, once you get certified you can get a job and support your girl and your kid.

quiggle

Starter
congrats to you and your wife. let me know if you have a baby registry so I could send you some Butt Paste.

quiggle

Starter
are you also going to apply for government assistance to get free baby care, food and drink? I see plenty of Asians and Russians doing that in my area.

New New York

Quiet Storm
21 years old

Congrats man, there are fewer feelings better than becoming a father!

Well establish your relationship with your child's mom off the jump. If there is no future between you two, let it be known from the get go! Trust me if she is holding on to hope, then it will make both of your lives hell!

Now, the best bet for you, her and your little one is to try to keep the family complete and be with her. Trust me there is no feeling like watching another man take a father type role in your kid's life.

But, if you two being together isnt practical, then it is what it is.

But, I think you got the right attitude about wanting to be there for your seed. Just remember that it takes more than just physically present. Make time for this kid and protect that time so nothing interferes with it. Get into that habit now, and it will become second nature.:thumbsup:

There is plenty more advice to give, but I could type all day! But those should get you headed in the right direction with this.

Oh yeah, always be prepared for the spray when changing the diapers!

Again Congrats

metrocard

Legend
Congrats man, there are fewer feelings better than becoming a father!

Well establish your relationship with your child's mom off the jump. If there is no future between you two, let it be known from the get go! Trust me if she is holding on to hope, then it will make both of your lives hell!

Now, the best bet for you, her and your little one is to try to keep the family complete and be with her. Trust me there is no feeling like watching another man take a father type role in your kid's life.

But, if you two being together isnt practical, then it is what it is.

But, I think you got the right attitude about wanting to be there for your seed. Just remember that it takes more than just physically present. Make time for this kid and protect that time so nothing interferes with it. Get into that habit now, and it will become second nature.:thumbsup:

There is plenty more advice to give, but I could type all day! But those should get you headed in the right direction with this.

Oh yeah, always be prepared for the spray when changing the diapers!

Again Congrats

Thanks.

The reason we're keeping it is because we're have a beyond strong and bold relationship...that wasn't even a worry, everything has been mutual and its been great...its more than a future, on the max. We're helping each other a lot, but I'm stepping in and taking the leadership role...setting up appointments with the Doc, gonna get inquired on financial aid...just everything that needs to be done.

Shit is crazy THO.
Like when you're 18-21...you expect to party like a nut, get laid everyday, etc...just live wreckless.

But I guess thats all the hype that college builds up...the important thing in the end is what makes you wake up everyday.

and I found that, and I can't let go of it.

Are there any other parents in the forum, or am I the only one now?
lol.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
congrats metro, wish you and your girl the best dude

its crazy cause thats all im about now you know just have a good time, seeing this thread has in a way make me think about what i want in the near future you know. ima now concentrate on the short term cause that will ultimately get me to where i wanna be long term. you cause in a couple of years ima be finished with school and gonna be looking to settle down and start a family, this partying/having fun phase is only cute in college loll

again, good luck with the baby

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Paul1355

All Star
congrats metrocard....if its real, god bless i hope its a good child....if this was something u typed up when u were hammered then congrats you don't have more responsibility on your hands.

p0nder

Starter
I'm expecting the birth of my first born in May homie. Good luck with the pregnancy thing. Your woman will get CRAZY over the next 9 months. It's nuts. But stay strong and calm man. It'll all pass over and you'll have a better relationship because of it.

There is a TON of information out there. And also a ton of free baby gear you can squeeze out of companies. PM me sometime and i'll get back to you with a list of websites and phone numbers to check out. I live in canada, so it's a little different here but most will ship to the states. I know that when the baby is born we get $1000, i don't know if there is a program like this where you are but making sure you have your paperwork in order will help you figure it out.

And man, just post any questions you got here or PM me. I am excited and scared shitless to be a fatherm but talking with friends, family, and even people on the web has really made the whole thing a lot easier.

Stay up!