Welcome to MSG Kevin Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger0330

Legend
Windhorst saying his sources with the Warriors said they are prepared to offer full 5 year max contracts to both KT and KD. Klay’s always expressed wanting to stay with the Warriors but this news may change KD’s thinking about leaving them. Warriors may have a payroll and luxury tax bill of 1.6B over the next 4 years but Windhorst said that new building they’ll be playing in will allow them to afford it.

mafra

Legend
Maybe 1, but I can?t imagine GSW throwing away a year of Curry?s prime by signing 2 guys to max deals who won?t play next year.

Now, with the 5 straight finals appearances.... and with Klay due back in March... anything is plausible.

Well, it is being reported that Durant has moved all his stuff to New York and is at least staying the Summer here. Seems kind of likely he is still signing with us.

Kyrie becomes more of a question mark again. Seemed likely he was going to Brooklyn but now it is being reported that Kyrie and KD are still talking about playing together.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, it is being reported that Durant has moved all his stuff to New York and is at least staying the Summer here. Seems kind of likely he is still signing with us.

Kyrie becomes more of a question mark again. Seemed likely he was going to Brooklyn but now it is being reported that Kyrie and KD are still talking about playing together.

Both Durant & Kyrie should be taken off of the Knicks off-season FA radar.
The Knicks Mills/Perry has to look else where in the offseason to put together a decent starting-5 unit for next season.

Plan-A
PG: Conley or Rubio
SG: RJ Barrett
SF: Harris
PF: Vonleh
C: DJ

Plan-B
PG: D'Angelo Russell
SG: Damion Dotson
SF: Kevin Knox
PF: Anthony Davis
C: Mitchell Robinson

Or Plan-C
Keep non-strategical coach Fizdale to Tank-Tank another season !!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Gotta be careful with KD

Remember how the Joakim Noah contract crippled this franchise's ability to make moves?

If KD isn't the same after the achilles injury (and he won't be because it's like the worst possible injury for a basketball player) then imagine Noah's contract except times 10; it'll cripple the franchise for the next 5 years

Kiyaman

Legend
Gotta be careful with KD

Remember how the Joakim Noah contract crippled this franchise's ability to make moves?

If KD isn't the same after the achilles injury (and he won't be because it's like the worst possible injury for a basketball player) then imagine Noah's contract except times 10; it'll cripple the franchise for the next 5 years

Truth be said .... If Dolan/Mills/Perry sign Durant in the 2019 off-season, that only mean the TRIO knows nothing bout putting together a winning NBA team !!!

I still havnt recovered well from the Mcdyess trade

mafra

Legend
Truth be said .... If Dolan/Mills/Perry sign Durant in the 2019 off-season, that only mean the TRIO knows nothing bout putting together a winning NBA team !!!

The GM who was fired by PHO in 2018 was on NBA radio and said that the NYK last season were most aggressive team he?s seen in his 15 years trying to shed payroll for this free agency period.

Folks, we traded KP (arguably a top 10 under 26 talent) just to clear up cap space for this July. We could?ve let Lee expire next year and found a trade partner for Hardaway come
Feb...

If NYK don?t sign KD plus something else then the team looks foolish and spent their top asset on a prayer.

tiger0330

Legend
The GM who was fired by PHO in 2018 was on NBA radio and said that the NYK last season were most aggressive team he’s seen in his 15 years trying to shed payroll for this free agency period.

Folks, we traded KP (arguably a top 10 under 26 talent) just to clear up cap space for this July. We could’ve let Lee expire next year and found a trade partner for Hardaway come
Feb...

If NYK don’t sign KD plus something else then the team looks foolish and spent their top asset on a prayer.
Said they needed to spend that dough this off-season for one of 3 players Durant, Kawhi or Davis. With AD in LA, 1 down 2 left. I’m sure there’s a second tier of guys the Knicks are interested in but none top 5 players those 3 are.

mafra

Legend
Have to imagine they ?heard? that KD was coming, and at some point I?m sure Kyrie?s camp made it seem like there was interest... AD was sending NY love, and I believe they felt confident they could meet with Kawhi.

They had to be 100 percent adamant they were getting 1 of these 4... and I?m positive they understood that to get 1 of those 4, then they needed space to squeeze in another max spot.

Word is they offered the third pick, 1 of DAL?s first rounders, and their choice of either DSJ, Knits, Knox or Mitch... We can?t fault them for not pushing everything into the middle of the table (if that would?ve even made a difference).

Knicks have to hope AD doesn?t sign with LAK, and then they still have hope in 12 months...

To have even a glimmer of hope for that... YES... 100%... KD or KL must be a Knick.
Forget Kyrie, because Irving or Kemba was an option only as a Robyn to KD... There was no sense for Kemba or Kyrie without KD.

So, yeah... It?s all about KD, and did this life-changing happenstance change his mind?

Anyway, I hope plan-A all along was KD and KL... they were the two best. Get 1 and hope the other (or AD) sees our roster and KD as enough, and with them as the final piece, they come and take over NY.

If KD got spooked and opts-in and KL stays in TOR, the decision to stretch Noah and trade KP makes Mills and Perry look like idiots.

Good news is... there still hope bc with all these lottery picks, even by accident and led by incompetence... a slight chance 1
or 2 or even a few hit and we have something regardless.

But NO passed on our assets, and if AD, KL, and KD do to... then we are in a dark place, are behind the odds, and will pretty much be at the mercy of RJ and Mitch.

(And, BTW, RJ and MRob working the high pick and roll, with Knox in the corner... that?s gonna be fun).

Did NO like the youth from LA that much or was it more they weren?t high on the potential of RJ?

tiger0330

Legend
SI reporting Warriors may SnT KD to the Knicks to allow the Knicks to give him a 5 year max deal. If true looks like there is still interest on the Knicks part despite his injury. Lot of pressure on the Knicks to sign their “Star” but leaves them wide open to second guessing because of the injury and the fact he maybe 32 before he even plays a game for us.

Last edited:
I’d send him but I don’t think they would be interested in absorbing his salary for what he brings to the table. They want one or more of those first round picks we have.

...if we trade 1st round picks to get a guy with a torn Achilles, I may just lay down and die

mafra

Legend
I’d send him but I don’t think they would be interested in absorbing his salary for what he brings to the table. They want one or more of those first round picks we have.

These deals are usually done to help the player get his money and for the team to recoup something for the guy walking out. I seriously doubt it would cost a 1st. Otherwise they sign a 4 year deal with opt out and he opts out and they extend him to full max. That?s how these players skirt around the rule.

Ergo, why I suggested we would include a toss in piece, of something we didn?t want.

They could envision Frank as a defensive stopper.... remember... no Klay. AI teaching him... kid young and long... they could coach him up....

tiger0330

Legend
These deals are usually done to help the player get his money and for the team to recoup something for the guy walking out. I seriously doubt it would cost a 1st. Otherwise they sign a 4 year deal with opt out and he opts out and they extend him to full max. That?s how these players skirt around the rule.

Ergo, why I suggested we would include a toss in piece, of something we didn?t want.

They could envision Frank as a defensive stopper.... remember... no Klay. AI teaching him... kid young and long... they could coach him up....
CBA rules don?t allow giving the signed player an an extra year in a SnT any longer, players can only get the extra year if they sign with their original teams. That?s why Windhorst was talking about a delayed ?SnT?, the Warriors would have have to sign him for the 5 years and trade him sometime next season. Way too complicated, I doubt this happens and explains why very few SnT deals have happened since the new CBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why are we talking bout KD ???
We need to thank the Raptors for forcing the Warriors to put KD on the court to reveal the TRUE injury !!!

The Rockets and the Blazers did not force the Warriors to put KD on the court .. If the Raptors were as weak as Rocket/Blazers and didn't grab a 3-1 Lead in the FINALS .. The Knicks would have found out bout KD (2 yr) injury after we signed him to a 4 yr MAX $$$ Deal !!!

This whole Durant thing has become stupid. Now all the stories are about how the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins says that the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. 2 weeks ago, the Clippers were being reported to be the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins said that the Clippers were the front runners to sign KD.

ESPN has made themselves look like a bunch of no nothing dummies. Kendrick Perkins continues to make a career as a professional Kevin Durant rumor generator.

Kiyaman

Legend
This whole Durant thing has become stupid. Now all the stories are about how the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins says that the Nets are the front runners to sign KD. 2 weeks ago, the Clippers were being reported to be the front runners to sign KD. Why? Because Kendrick Perkins said that the Clippers were the front runners to sign KD.

ESPN has made themselves look like a bunch of no nothing dummies. Kendrick Perkins continues to make a career as a professional Kevin Durant rumor generator.

The only IDIOT ready to sign a 3 year injury-prone Durant this off-season are Dolan/Mills .. the same way the two idiots traded Camby & Nene to Denver for a 3 year injury-prone McDyess SMH

mafra

Legend
According to FS1?s Ric Bucher, Durant and Irving have met twice recently to discuss playing together. That would be either the Nets or Knicks. For much of June, Irving, who rooted for Jason Kidd?s Nets as a kid in West Orange, N.J., has been projected as Brooklyn-bound.

Kendrick Perkins, now with ESPN, once projected the Knicks as favorites for Durant ? as many others did.

However, Perkins changed his tune, saying over the weekend the Nets are front-runners, giving no further insight to the change of heart of Durant wanting to play for a club with the NBA?s worst attendance.

Durant has plenty of Knicks? ties. Assistant coach Royal Ivey is one of his best friends, free agent DeAndre Jordan is a strong ally and Durant has mentored Allonzo Trier.

But vying for another lottery may be a tough sell for Irving, who isn?t looking to waste a season of his prime with the young Knicks.

Tanking the 2019-20 season as Durant rehabs may be the ?patience?? Mills referred to at Barrett?s press conference on Friday.

Durant, who will be 32 when he suits up next in 2020-21, is the risk the Knicks are willing to take. Other alternatives are probably riskier.

The Knicks? belief is if anyone in the league can come back from an Achilles tear, it is Durant. However, it?s not a no-brainer.

?I wouldn?t do it,?? one NBA talent evaluator said. ?It may look good now, appear they had it right [he was coming] until the injury. But it?s hard to justify all that for maybe one good year. By the fourth year, I can see people wondering when will he come off the cap.?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...adds-to-knicks-spectacle-i-wouldnt-do-it/amp/

Status
Not open for further replies.