Has Melo been holdin Stat back ???

Kiyaman

Legend
We all know what we got when we sign Stat in the 2010 offseason, we became a postseason team when we signed Stat.
Stat's first 55 games as a Knicks in 2010-11 season prove we earned a postseason presence with a 29-26 record. The 29-26 record was not easy when we had a no-strategy NBA top bum DNP headcoach Dantoni.
We all witness what Dantoni has done to the Lakers this season having Kobe/Howard/Gasol/Nash, finally reaching the .500 mark at 30-30.

Has Melo been holding Stat back from Stat 10 season career of winning 60% of games by outscoring oposition?

Was the Knicks vs Cavs game an example of what the Knicks could do when they speed-up the tempo and play in transition (Gellin on both ends of the court exposing oponents weak areas)? rather than walking the ball on every offensive-possession so Melo dont get tired from playing 40+ plus minutes per game?

Why havnt Woodson entertain both systems (running-ball & slow-ball) in our performance this season???

metrocard

Legend
His defense is bad, but Melo's defense has been as bad. Melo's been getting lazy and only played defense in the first 20 games of the season.

He kinda settles for being a playoff contender, not a champion. This is the difference between Melo and Duncan. Duncan plays maxed out every game, injured, a game off...on both sides of the court, offense and defense.

Melo's problem is that he knows he's as talented as anyone and he settles for that as a player overall. He slacks off defense for the mid portion of the season and by the time he turns it up at the end, it's not as good as he started off in November/December.

For us to be successful, we need Melo to be a two player.

Till then, he's Glen Robinson on a molly. I know he's better than that which saddens me.

Amare Stoudemire should be used as trade bait in the off season. Give him minutes let his numbers inflate so his value can increase. Keeping Amare for another season will put this franchise in great debt in terms of missing out on a potential draft pick or player we can actually use 5 years from now.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The only person holding Amare back is Woodson. I've seen Melo create for Amare on plenty of occassions and he doesn't have an issue getting the ball to him in the post. Before the season, Woodson said it was his job to make the Melo/Amare tandem work but he basically re*****d on that by making Amare a role player off the bench.

The only way we for sure will know if this will work is if they get the proper time together. That means starting and finishing games together. You know, like James and Wade or KD and Westbrook.

LeFlume

All Star
The only person holding Amare back is Woodson. I've seen Melo create for Amare on plenty of occassions and he doesn't have an issue getting the ball to him in the post. Before the season, Woodson said it was his job to make the Melo/Amare tandem work but he basically re*****d on that by making Amare a role player off the bench.

The only way we for sure will know if this will work is if they get the proper time together. That means starting and finishing games together. You know, like James and Wade or KD and Westbrook.

+1 on everything you just said..:gony:

jaydenise

Rookie
i agree with leFlume but amare's been injured and was limited to 20 minutes total. now that his time has increased to 30 mins max he should be spending more time on the court along with melo to build more chemistry. it's up to woodson to manage the time and effort towards chemistry.

bigapple

Starter
if MELO would not be hurt it that 2nd q it will be Blew out completely. Such game proofs that MELO should miss some games or start as bench. Stat is pick&roll guy and MELO is ISO guy while many analyst r callin him unguardable bcoz u dont know where will move your oponnent.

hope Knicks will win against Pistons i dont know with OKC they can do anything OKC just sweep season series vs Clippers.

James White again was in S5 then done for whole game. no comments

I doubt Melo is holding Stat back, i've seen him try to get him in the game plenty of times. I blame Stat's stats (haha) on the backcourts lack of vision because they are too focus on getting Melo the ball. However, after the Cleveland game I suspect to see some of that lime light shining a bit more on Amare. He'll get more shine 4sure. I was waitng all year for him to come back from last years unforunate season. Glad its happening now just before the playoffs.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The only person holding STAT back is STAT. Maybe once STAT puts his "big boy "pants on and stops getting slapped around by the likes of the "Birdman" then maybe our KNICKS will get better. STAT can get started by playing a little defense and rebounding....

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
His defense is bad, but Melo's defense has been as bad. Melo's been getting lazy and only played defense in the first 20 games of the season.

He kinda settles for being a playoff contender, not a champion. This is the difference between Melo and Duncan. Duncan plays maxed out every game, injured, a game off...on both sides of the court, offense and defense.

Melo's problem is that he knows he's as talented as anyone and he settles for that as a player overall. He slacks off defense for the mid portion of the season and by the time he turns it up at the end, it's not as good as he started off in November/December.

For us to be successful, we need Melo to be a two player.

Till then, he's Glen Robinson on a molly. I know he's better than that which saddens me.

Amare Stoudemire should be used as trade bait in the off season. Give him minutes let his numbers inflate so his value can increase. Keeping Amare for another season will put this franchise in great debt in terms of missing out on a potential draft pick or player we can actually use 5 years from now.

Exactly!! Hit the nail on the head with Melo.

erivera

Benchwarmer
The only person holding STAT back is STAT. Maybe once STAT puts his "big boy "pants on and stops getting slapped around by the likes of the "Birdman" then maybe our KNICKS will get better. STAT can get started by playing a little defense and rebounding....

this is so true. i'm so tired of people giving stat a pass on his defense. if he was a defensive force you think woodson would keep him out of the lineup? no. also when melo went down who got the ball in crunch time? it was stat. last year when woodson took over did he bench stat? no. between injuries and a lack of defensive play he's sat himself down.

Kiyaman

Legend
this is so true. i'm so tired of people giving stat a pass on his defense. if he was a defensive force you think woodson would keep him out of the lineup? no. also when melo went down who got the ball in crunch time? it was stat. last year when woodson took over did he bench stat? no. between injuries and a lack of defensive play he's sat himself down.

We all knew before we signed Stat, that Stat has a career of poor defense, especially in a halfcourt-set (Tim Duncan prove that point in several postseason series), Stat admitted several times his defense is poor.
No KO member are denying Metro's thread of Stat's poor defensive-effort.
However, Stat did play "team-defense" in the frontcourt with Shawn Marion, Diaw, Grant Hill, Frye, and Admunson to get to the WCF 3 times in his career.

But what are Stat's strength at winning 60% of his career games?
Stat's best talent/skillz are outscoring an oposition by 6 to 12 points in less than 6 minutes.
Kidds best talent/skillz are outscoring an oposition by 6 to 12 points in less than 7 minutes.
Shump's best talent/skillz are outscoring an oposition by 6 to 12 points in less than 8 minutes.
Have u seen this TRIO of players in a lineup this season? without slow-ballin Melo or JR in the lineup?
HELL-NO!
could we blame Woodson substitution method? YES!
could we blame Woodson ideal of lineups? NO!
could we blame slow-ballin Iso-Melo 40 or more minutes per game? HELL YEAH!
could Woodson take Melo out of the game anytime he want? HELL NO!
Is Melo defensive-effort better than Stat? HELL NO!
Is JR defensive-effort better than Stat? HELL NO!
Is Felton defensive-effort better than JR? HELL NO!
Have we been complaining all season about Tyson Chandler's defensive-effort?
HELL YEAH! Why? association leads to assimilation.

Last season who talent complimented raw rookie PG Linsanity performance? Stat? or Melo?
Stat's inside transition performance complimented Lin's raw style.
Melo & JR standing-still on the peremeter not moving gave away Lin's best attribute of passing to moving or cutter players for a basket. Lin could always hit a moving catch n shoot Novak, when Shump & Fields are moving without the ball, and Tyson or Jefferies are setting screens. That stop happening when JR was signed and given 30 mpg, and Melo came back from his so-call Groin injury .... Stat & Lin coincendently caught an ending season injury on the same day, after taking new coach Woody on two winning streaks...

Kiyaman

Legend
Nobody on the team looks for Stat more than Melo
Yeah right, one assist from passing to Stat every-other game looks good to u.
Would u like to know how many assist Boston Big-3 or Miami Big-3 made from each other their first ten games as teammates?
Think 12 plus per game.