New York Knicks @ Miami Heat 2-28-09

johnstarky

Rotation player
OK ive been in a real bad mood this weekend and i see this shit.......someones about to get murked

Ok bro, for real? That's low. I bet if the Nets Get LBJ you're going to hop on that bandwagon? Huh? Yeah, probably. Man, for real, when you pick a team, you stick with it through thick and thin. That's what I , jpz17, goknicksdlee42, NicksKnicks, Giants89Fly, TunerAddict, and JayJ44 are. Knick fans until the end. Homeboy, you are FAKE. You come here like a Knick fan and then we blow a lead and you say, "Man, screw this" Well Screw you. You aren't a real knick fan. Don't even call yourself a Knick fan. We all know the problems with our franchise. We lack a C, a clutch SG, and so on. Yet we still come here and talk about it. And we still come here and SUPPORT OUR TEAM. We never say so much shit about our team like you did in your last 5 posts.

That's a low blow, but Go ahead. Do it. At least weve never gone winless.

Do you want isiah? No coach is absolutely perfect. Mike doesn't have much talent to work with here. Without Dantoni, and Dolan, we would have ISIAH.

I hope you Get the hell off KO.com Wishing bad luck upon a team you're supposed to be a fan of, SMH.

you aren't a knick fan
you are FAKE. LAME. Get off this thread. Get off the site. We don't want you here anymore. Let the real fans stay. All fakers can leave now.

Johnstarky, how dare you even have a name after someone who was once practically the heart and soul of our team. Go wear purple and yellow and call it a day. I'd die of laughter if you came back here two years from now.

You aint welcome here anymore. Get the **** outta here. A see a Kobe jersey at NBA.com with your name on it. Faggot

I don't really take internet personalities serious when they decide to talk smack about my screen name or my account.Knick fans have the right to love their team and they have the right to bash their team when they lose.Well if you think there has been much to celebrate about during this last decade then you are perhaps delusional and can't stand criticism from a real Knicks fan.Listen I've sat through crappy season after crappy season for every single year.Did I go ahead and change my TV to the YES network and root for Jason Kidd while the Nets were winning because of it? No, I rooted for guys like Vin Baker, Clarence Weatherspoon, and Jerome James to have good games and lead the Knicks to some wins.If you want to hang around Knick fans that only say positive things than hang out by yourself or create your own website because every Knick fan has the right to express their opinion on here whether they rip the Knicks or not.This is Knicksonline.com not StreetDreams21online.com.How dare you come in here and act like an internet thug.Maybe that behavior works for you in the hood but it sure looks foolish in a forum.

johnstarky

Rotation player
oh, so now you're taking a break. and you're calling yourself a knick fan again, funny. that's kinda different than what you said:

You can just admit you were upset we lost, and you said something really stupid. or not, whatever.

Yes I was upset at the time and maybe overreacted a little but I will be taking a break from them for a while.

Akamu

The King
Our defense was stagnant and our offense died out, Nate lost his composure and that threw his game off. Hughes had a pretty good game, sucked that we collapsed in the end.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
oh, so now you're taking a break. and you're calling yourself a knick fan again, funny. that's kinda different than what you said:

You can just admit you were upset we lost, and you said something really stupid. or not, whatever.

What the guy said is not stupid, you're just being a little self righteous. The truth is that people do get tired of seeing a team lose, or with whatever other problem, and they simply change the channel and stop watching, usually only for a while, until things become stable. This is different than jumping on some other team's bandwagon.

For example, after Ewing got traded, for Glen Rice, simply because he had asked for an extra year on his contract, after which he said he'd retire, something the Knicks looked at as an impediment to all of the success they believed they could achieve with Camby, I stopped watching, for about five years, out of disgust at the Knicks' lack of loyalty. It happens. We're not talking about a wife and children, here. Don't get so emotional.

johnstarky

Rotation player
no u didnt overeact. whats said is said. U CLEARLY said ur no longer a knick fan and rather root for sh!t.

I've been a Knick fan for 24 years,i've said worse things about this team before, did it ever stop me from being a Knick fan? No, I will always bash the Knicks when they lose even if they had a winning record.

johnstarky

Rotation player
What the guy said is not stupid, you're just being a little self righteous. The truth is that people do get tired of seeing a team lose, or with whatever other problem, and they simply change the channel and stop watching, usually only for a while, until things become stable. This is different than jumping on some other team's bandwagon.

For example, after Ewing got traded, for Glen Rice, simply because he had asked for an extra year on his contract, after which he said he'd retire, something the Knicks looked at as an impediment to all of the success they believed they could achieve with Camby, I stopped watching, for about five years, out of disgust at the Knicks' lack of loyalty. It happens. We're not talking about a wife and children, here. Don't get so emotional.

Thank you, they're many people in this world that enjoy casting the first stone whenever they forget about their own imperfections.

JayJ44

Starter

I wouldn't care if he just said he would take a break. What got me pissed is when he said he wanted the team to lose every game, not to get any free agents, etc. But he said he overreacted, so I dropped it.

Knicks07

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't care if he just said he would take a break. What got me pissed is when he said he wanted the team to lose every game, not to get any free agents, etc. But he said he overreacted, so I dropped it.

yea exactly, if he woulda started out saying he's takin a break, this whole argument wouldent be happening.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
Wade: 46 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals.

I guess you got ahead of what Hughes could actually do. Look, the key to a great defense is a shot blocker, who can save a team from people just laying the ball in. Guys are going to beat you off the dribble, no matter who you are, if you're a perimeter player, just like Wade did to Hughes, but the key is to have a great shot blocker to correct mistakes. This is what forces a team to become exclusively perimeter shooters, something the Knicks are not able to do.

Larry got abused, just like Craw would have, if he was still here, except that Craw would have been able to fight back with his greater offensive skills. If we had a real center, with shot blocking ability, no matter what, no matter who we had in the backcourt, Wade, and his teammates, would have had it a lot harder.

If the GM had a brain, we would have kept Craw, Zach and Steph, gotten a new coach, preferably Patrick Ewing, drafted Brook (Pat could mentor him), to replace Curry at center, waived James and have signed some good bench guys, to play in a second unit led by DLee. Think about how good that sort of team would have been, but, oh well: I'm not the Knicks GM.
ive been saying the same thing about this knick team for the last few years its been consistently overloooked by the front office.

we have no intimidating presence in the middle and teams consistently run a lay-up drill on us. we have to have possibly the worse interior d in the league. until we get a shot blocking presence were gonna always being among the bottom tier in d

smokes

Huge Member
Wade: 46 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals.

I guess you got ahead of what Hughes could actually do. Look, the key to a great defense is a shot blocker, who can save a team from people just laying the ball in. Guys are going to beat you off the dribble, no matter who you are, if you're a perimeter player, just like Wade did to Hughes, but the key is to have a great shot blocker to correct mistakes. This is what forces a team to become exclusively perimeter shooters, something the Knicks are not able to do.

Larry got abused, just like Craw would have, if he was still here, except that Craw would have been able to fight back with his greater offensive skills. If we had a real center, with shot blocking ability, no matter what, no matter who we had in the backcourt, Wade, and his teammates, would have had it a lot harder.

If the GM had a brain, we would have kept Craw, Zach and Steph, gotten a new coach, preferably Patrick Ewing, drafted Brook (Pat could mentor him), to replace Curry at center, waived James and have signed some good bench guys, to play in a second unit led by DLee. Think about how good that sort of team would have been, but, oh well: I'm not the Knicks GM.

Well, when I posted that, it was mid 3rd quarter and Hughes was doing a pretty fine job defending Wade, forcing him to change shots or give it up when he was looking to shoot. He hadn't even got 20 by that point in the game. In the fourth where Wade exploded, Hughes wasn't even on the court, they brought him in after Wade's scoring spree started, and by that time he was far too deep in the zone to get pulled out.

I agree with what you said about a shotblocker, but Hughes was doing a pretty fine job.

Not to mention, the officiating at the end of this game was diabolical. Not that it's any excuse, but when we're on a 0-12 run and when we get our first good look in 3 minutes they call offensive foul, then defensive foul on the other end... Then Wade barges straight through Hughes and ofc no foul. We probably would have lost anyway but that shit is frustrating.

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont want that fraud on my team. Not doubting his ability, just dont like the way theres certain rules which dont apply to him.

I know one rule D.Wade made perfectly clear....the rule where you show all the Knicks weaknesses for a Knick Loss....he showed that in just 12 minutes by scoring 24 points in the 4th quarter.
That "certain rule" does not apply to any team Dantoni coach (No Stops in the 4th Qtr.) do Dantoni have a 4th quarter playbook...

Hard to tell this season....our passing-game won us a couple of games playing little to no defense this season (24 wins)....adding Hughes for 32 and more minutes a game put a wrench in our passing-game with Harrington and Nate chucking the ball while Duhon team-work only increase the turnovers each game.

Is Larry Hughes a 32 mpg player this season???

quiggle

Starter
Knicks are the Chicago Cubs of basketball. the way this franchise is run the Grizzlies will win the championship before us.