Report: D'antoni wanted to trade Melo for Deron Williams

kinein

Benchwarmer
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....toni-wanted-to-trade-melo-for-deron-williams/

Excerpt:

D?Antoni, the source said, had been advocating that the Knicks attempt to trade Anthony to the New Jersey Nets for guard Deron Williams, a deal D?Antoni believed would be beneficial for both franchises. But Dolan categorically declined that request, and the ?conflicting visions? between the owner and head coach about Anthony meant there was no way forward.

D?Antoni had hoped the Knicks? inspired and winning play with Lin as the centerpiece ? while Anthony and Stoudemire were injured ? would convince Dolan the Knicks could win without Anthony.

Those differences were major ? D?Antoni wanted to trade Carmelo Anthony to the Nets for Deron Williams. So reports David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com.

Full article covers more.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
What GM and owner in the league wouldn't trade Melo for Deron at this point. Ugh.

Not Dolan and not I,dam these 2 guys really didnt like each other then i guess huh this is some crazy ass drama going on with the knicks right now

LeFlume

All Star
...and what would all the Lin bandwagon fans have thought of that? I say it's a bs story with no truth to it. :gony:

iSaYughh

Starter
Makes sense.

Which is why Dolan wouldn't have entertained it.

Who knows. The crux of this entire situation is obvious.

There is

D'antoni + The Team (+ those fans who support D'antoni)

vs

Dolan + Melo (+ those fans who support these two, or support them by virtue of blind hatred against D'antoni)

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Makes sense.

There is

vs

Dolan + Melo (+ those fans who support these two, or support them by virtue of blind hatred against D'antoni)
THIS SUMS IT UP

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
holy shit.. i'd take deron in a heart beat. fuk dolan i hate that piece of shit. if i ever see him i will spit in his face

iSaYughh

Starter
holy shit.. i'd take deron in a heart beat. fuk dolan i hate that piece of shit. if i ever see him i will spit in his face

Don't be a troll, dude.

A member from the herd will soon try to silence you from speaking truth to power, while they rejoice another victory for Team Dolan.

smokes

Huge Member
Makes sense.

There is

vs

There's also the reasonable middle ground, who respect D'Antoni as a good coach but not a fit for our roster or the fans in NY. New York Knicks basketball reputation is built on hard-nosed, hustle, energy and most of all defense. MDA did not bring those things to the team at least not in enough quality/quantity to appease the fanbase.

Dolan is a jackass, Melo sucks this year and trading him for Deron would be freakin awesome... But MDA needed to go.

erivera

Benchwarmer
the idea is nice, but why would the nets want to help the knicks at all? also, why would the nets want to inherit melo after all this drama?

it was a nice thought, but it wouldn't have happened

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I would gladly trade Melo and Lin for Deron Williams in a heartbeat.

Mike D'Antoni could probably win 60 games with a Deron-Amar'e pick and roll, that's probably why he wanted that trade.

CA7

Scoring Champ
We got 5 point guards and he wanted another one also Yeah let's trade Melo to Jersey so him and D12 can kill us for the next 7 years

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
so, you got dwill, lin, and baron? lol who will go?

will lin definitely go?
so, nets grab lin or baron with melo and d12. :alert: that bad news for knicks.:barf:

this thread still irrevelant...mda is gone, move on.