Ron Artest

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
should never have been ejected. His reputation gets him into trouble.

Saying that, do you think we should have cut a deal before he went to houston? we needed a veteran and some defense. Id have liked to see us aquire him.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Ron Artest has been what the Knicks been missing the past 5 years. A dominant/defensive presence and a guy who plays passionately every night.

I was vying for Isiah to swap for him.

Forget all his antics, Ron Artest is that intimidating big man we've been lacking.

Sorry, David Lee is a sunflower next to him.

dave2138

Rotation player
He is an incredible player..I still think thats a joke that he was never banned from the NBA. I can't see the knicks ever considering him just based on his reputation.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Still can't believe how we passed up on him in the draft!! My jaw dropped!! What ever happened to that French dude? Last time I saw him, he was posterized by Vincanity!!

JayJ44

Starter
I was actually about to make a thread like this. Anyway, we should definitely look into acquiring him next year, if possible. He's one of the best defensive players in the league, plays hard, and stands up for his teammates. He brings a toughness to that Rockets team, that we desperately need.

He's a free agent after this year, and the Rockets will most likely try to resign him. No way he accepts the MLE, he's only 29, and still very much in his prime. But maybe Donnie could do a sign and trade for him? I'm sure Ron wold like to come here, he's from Queens, and it's always been meant to be for him to play here. Unfortunately we had to pick Weis back in 1999.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
i think our chance went as soon as houston got him. Who was he swapped for? bobby jackson and donte greene? we could have offered way more! seeing him guide the rockets into the second round made me realise how much we missed out on!

Scribbles

Rotation player
i think our chance went as soon as houston got him. Who was he swapped for? bobby jackson and donte greene? we could have offered way more! seeing him guide the rockets into the second round made me realise how much we missed out on!

Damn....

Artest's rep kills it man. This guy is as dominant as a Bosh or Amare. If not, more dominant.

His rep hurts his bottomline. He has the potential to be an absolute monster down-low.

The Knicks need a guy with that kind of intimidation.

Kobe def. ain't taking it to Ron anymore LOL. Ron was on the verge of shredding Kobe's life last night LOL.

JayJ44

Starter
Artest's "attitude" is really blown out of proportion. He didn't start that fight in Detroit. Wallace caught feelings because of a foul, that wasn't really that hard. Ben Wallace started that entire thing, I'm not sure why Artest gets almost 100% of the blame.

Artest gives back to his community, and donates a lot of money. He's actually an excellent teammate, evidenced by the way he always stands up for them.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'd trade for Artest only if he agreed to see a therapist once a week. As a player, can't take anything away from him. Solid defender with a good offensive game and he tries hard. On the flip side, it only takes one guy to **** up a locker room (See Stephon Marbury).

We need leadership as much as we need defense. This is why I always wanted to see Baron Davis in a Knicks uniform, but since B Diddy's contract is atrocious, why not sign J. Kid for a veterinarians exemption? To me a floor leader and a voice in the locker room should be top priority.

dave2138

Rotation player
Artest's "attitude" is really blown out of proportion. He didn't start that fight in Detroit. Wallace caught feelings because of a foul, that wasn't really that hard. Ben Wallace started that entire thing, I'm not sure why Artest gets almost 100% of the blame.

Artest gives back to his community, and donates a lot of money. He's actually an excellent teammate, evidenced by the way he always stands up for them.

huh? Artest didn't start that fight in Detroit??? Who was the one that jumped into the stands like a monkey to beat up a fan? What did Ben Wallace do? He shoved a player..what he did happens in sports all the time. Artest rightfully deserves 100% of the blame. I think he is in the same class as Mike Tyson as far as how the public views him. Guys who are incredibly gifted physically, but just crazy mentally.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I was never an Artest fan despite his talents because I think he has a high risk personality. However, he didn't do a damn thing wrong last night and shouldn't have been thrown out of the game. In fact, if anything, Kobe should be suspended for the next game instead of just getting a flagrant foul.

The problem is that Stern is pussy. He had no problem suspending a bunch of Knicks for going on the court to OBSERVE a fight even though there was no chance of the fight growing. They were far away from it and the other players. However, he won't suspend Kobe for a blatant elbow in the middle of an especially volatile portion of a tough playoff game. It's BS politics. Some players get preferential treatment from the refs and the commissioner's office. What we really need is a Stern is an asshole thread.

dave2138

Rotation player
Why should Kobe be suspended? That was definitely a flagrant foul, but definitely not done intentionally to hurt Artest, like Dwight Howard's was last week. Artest is an idiot though..he didn't get the call, ok complain to the ref..and then continue playing. Instead, he goes crazy again getting in Kobe's face and gets a double technical. Way to kill your team's chances of getting back in the game. Normal players don't overreact like that in playoff games.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Houston got lucky the day they traded for Artest. Yao & Mcgrady voiced their concern as team leaders and now, Houston belongs to Ron. Yao's still the honcho, but Ron makes them tough. McGrady made them soft. The only good thing about Houston's misfortune in the T Mac trade was that they let go of Stevie Francis.

I'd love it if we signed Ron, but whether or not that dissuades any free agents is a bit of a deterent.

How the **** do you spell deterent?

JayJ44

Starter
huh? Artest didn't start that fight in Detroit??? Who was the one that jumped into the stands like a monkey to beat up a fan? What did Ben Wallace do? He shoved a player..what he did happens in sports all the time. Artest rightfully deserves 100% of the blame. I think he is in the same class as Mike Tyson as far as how the public views him. Guys who are incredibly gifted physically, but just crazy mentally.

Who was the guy who threw a beer at Artest? Oh right, that dumbass fan. Why should he get a free pass for throwing shit at people just because he's a fan. If they were out on the street, do you think that fan would of thrown a beer at Artest? I don't think so...

If Ben Wallace didn't shove Artest, none of that would of happened. Why should Artest be 100% responsible?

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Why should Kobe be suspended? That was definitely a flagrant foul, but definitely not done intentionally to hurt Artest, like Dwight Howard's was last week. Artest is an idiot though..he didn't get the call, ok complain to the ref..and then continue playing. Instead, he goes crazy again getting in Kobe's face and gets a double technical. Way to kill your team's chances of getting back in the game. Normal players don't overreact like that in playoff games.

I always said that Artest was a moron with a big heart but last nigth and since he came to the rockets I think he showed he is more mature than before. Last night he was 100% right, after what fisher did, he let Kobe know he s fking with the wrong guy. I think, if you saw the game, Kobe spoiled his pants when he saw artest coming to him. No stare to his face no words just up his hands so the referee will see it and throw Artest out. Kobe is smart but just a punk. LA played dirty in first game but last night they were trying to put fear in the rockets and Artest just let kobe know there is a new sheriff in town. This is no more Tmac team (first round loosers) and you messing with the wrong guy. The Artest of before would of break Kobe s head but the new Artest just told him to **** off. He got tossed just because his rep.

dave2138

Rotation player
Who was the guy who threw a beer at Artest? Oh right, that dumbass fan. Why should he get a free pass for throwing shit at people just because he's a fan. If they were out on the street, do you think that fan would of thrown a beer at Artest? I don't think so...

If Ben Wallace didn't shove Artest, none of that would of happened. Why should Artest be 100% responsible?

A sane person would have got a towel and wiped the beer of his face and continued playing a game that gets him paid millions of dollars. Even that crazy **** John Rocker, the former Braves pitcher never jumped into the stands to fight fans after they threw garbage and batteries at him.

Ben Wallace didn't make Ron Artest run into the stands. When people look back at it no one is going to remember Ben Wallace being involved.

Anyway back to the original post of this thread claiming that Ron Artest gets treated unfairly because of his rep.. well I think you have to treat him differently than any other player because no one knows how far he will go whenever there is a fight on the court. If I'm a ref, I'd do the exact same thing...you see him getting into someone elses face give him a technical right away..if you see him continue after that then he's kicked out of the game. You don't want to give him the chance to futher worsen the situation.

dave2138

Rotation player
I always said that Artest was a moron with a big heart but last nigth and since he came to the rockets I think he showed he is more mature than before. Last night he was 100% right, after what fisher did, he let Kobe know he s fking with the wrong guy. I think, if you saw the game, Kobe spoiled his pants when he saw artest coming to him. No stare to his face no words just up his hands so the referee will see it and throw Artest out. Kobe is smart but just a punk. LA played dirty in first game but last night they were trying to put fear in the rockets and Artest just let kobe know there is a new sheriff in town. This is no more Tmac team (first round loosers) and you messing with the wrong guy. The Artest of before would of break Kobe s head but the new Artest just told him to **** off. He got tossed just because his rep.

Kobe is a genius for the way he handled that though. I think if he responds to Artest its either a double technical or both get thrown out. No way you can afford to that in the playoffs. The lead was only like 10 at the time..without Kobe the Rockets still have a shot.

Artest hasn't matured..he'll still put his pride over team success. I agree with others that say he is a superstar talent, only problem is he needs a babysitter and/or a leash.

JayJ44

Starter
A sane person would have got a towel and wiped the beer of his face and continued playing a game that gets him paid millions of dollars. Even that crazy **** John Rocker, the former Braves pitcher never jumped into the stands to fight fans after they threw garbage and batteries at him.

Ben Wallace didn't make Ron Artest run into the stands. When people look back at it no one is going to remember Ben Wallace being involved.

I dunno, I think a lot of people would act similarly in that situation. Think about it, you get shoved across the court by Ben Wallace. Instead of retaliating, you lie on the scorers table and try to calm down. Then, a bunch of fatass fans throw some shit at you. I'm not saying what he did was right, but the fans should be held accountable too. Also, Stephen Jackson did just as much damage as Artest did, but Artest is still blamed for it entirely.

sealy23

Rookie
I dunno, I think a lot of people would act similarly in that situation. Think about it, you get shoved across the court by Ben Wallace. Instead of retaliating, you lie on the scorers table and try to calm down. Then, a bunch of fatass fans throw some shit at you. I'm not saying what he did was right, but the fans should be held accountable too. Also, Stephen Jackson did just as much damage as Artest did, but Artest is still blamed for it entirely.

Of course Artest is in the wrong, but people don't remember that after their little skirmish, Wallace continued to go after him like a maniac and essentially incited an already insane crowd to act out. Yet his reputation is that of a hard working, blue collar guy who is a good teammate.

Since then Artest could do no right and he seems to completely reject doing the "mainstream" NBA thing because he realizes this, so he says outlandish shit which unfortunately just furthers the negative image of him in the media.

The brawl was a MAJOR mistake, but this guy has matured and is a top 15 player in the league. The playoffs are physical (which I love) and leave it to Joey "douche" Crawford to misinterpret Artest's gesture that Kobe got him in throat as a throat slash.

Everyone here did like Anthony Mason and Charles Oakely right? Artest is just a better verzion and one that I would love to see in a Knick uni.

JayJ44

Starter
Of course Artest is in the wrong, but people don't remember that after their little skirmish, Wallace continued to go after him like a maniac and essentially incited an already insane crowd to act out. Yet his reputation is that of a hard working, blue collar guy who is a good teammate.

Since then Artest could do no right and he seems to completely reject doing the "mainstream" NBA thing because he realizes this, so he says outlandish shit which unfortunately just furthers the negative image of him in the media.

The brawl was a MAJOR mistake, but this guy has matured and is a top 15 player in the league. The playoffs are physical (which I love) and leave it to Joey "douche" Crawford to misinterpret Artest's gesture that Kobe got him in throat as a throat slash.

Everyone here did like Anthony Mason and Charles Oakely right? Artest is just a better verzion and one that I would love to see in a Knick uni.

Great post, I agree. Welcome to the forum.