Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

iSaYughh

Starter
Moz, Moz BABY:smokin:

I just had to bump this thread for all the naysayers that said this kid should not get any burn at all. LMAO. I should be an NBA scout, because I saw this coming way before our coach did...

Yes, it is funny. That you'd try to claim credit over Coach D'antoni, when he was instrumental in the scouting and signing of Moz. :afro:

But clearly you knew of Moz's potential way before. Especially when Coach D'antoni entrusted Moz as a starter, along w consistent court time, at the season's onset.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ Also, very few hated on, or didn't believe in Moz's future w the Knicks.

Most did. We just wanted Coach D'antoni to continue his legacy of coaching up and transforming players; as done, and reaped through Moz's current play after some coaching and seasoning.

Yes, it is funny. That you'd try to claim credit over Coach D'antoni, when he was instrumental in the scouting and signing of Moz. :afro:

But clearly you knew of Moz's potential way before. Especially when Coach D'antoni entrusted Moz as a starter, along w consistent court time, at the season's onset.

What? No mention of him being in MDAs doghouse for so long? You know players NEVER get out of there. No mention that MDA said he was going back to the bench BEFORE the Pistons game? Comeon Mike D wouldnt know a decent big if he shitted on him...

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
What? No mention of him being in MDAs doghouse for so long? You know players NEVER get out of there. No mention that MDA said he was going back to the bench BEFORE the Pistons game? Comeon Mike D wouldnt know a decent big if he shitted on him...
100% agree.. Mike D has been crapping on our bigs for no reason. One bad game by them and the go to his doghouse but if Gallo has a bad week he gets to start.. btw i use Gallo as an example because he babies him for all the Gallo Lovers

What the hell is wrong with D'Antoni? Mozgov dominates on offense in the first half and then our coach decides to bench him in the second half and put Chandler on Griffin! Well done Mike another epic **** up that cost us the game!

Toons

is the Bo$$
Moz, Moz BABY:smokin:

I just had to bump this thread for all the naysayers that said this kid should not get any burn at all. LMAO. I should be an NBA scout, because I saw this coming way before our coach did...

i think you need to go to a medical preofessional. is this how you make yourself feel better? can you please find ONE person that said Moz shoouldnt have gotten any burn at all....smh, this nigqa is special. :comfort:

Toons

is the Bo$$
What the hell is wrong with D'Antoni? Mozgov dominates on offense in the first half and then our coach decides to bench him in the second half and put Chandler on Griffin! Well done Mike another epic **** up that cost us the game!

yeah, we should have won against the clippers....hate losses like these.

KBlack25

Starter
Did you guys watch the game or just look at the box score?

Mozgov was fine, but most of his points (not all, most) came on plays where guys like Felton, Fields, Gallo penetrating the middle the defense collapsing to help on the driving guy, the driving guy passed it, leaving Mozgov wide open for a dunk.

As good as his stats were, the stats cannot tell the whole story, Mozgov benefitted from a porous defensive front in LA. The scoring plays were on him being in the right place and the right time.

Mozgov has a nice set of skills, but defense (he let DeAndre Jordan, the guy he was assigned to dunk at will), and his hands (he dropped a pass lost the ball in the middle and threw up one of the ugliest layups I have ever seen in person), and his rebounding (he missed some easy ones) still need work. We took advantage last night of a bad Clippers defensive center situation.

We could've won quite a few more games with better in game coaching and pre game preperation... The sad reality is we don't have that.. And are now 1 game over .500 and will most likely be .500 after Fridays game vs the Lakers. I wouldn't at all be shocked if we really did fall out of the playoff picture if we continue to play like we've been playing. Melo alone won't get it done either.. Mike has to go man.

Mozgov was fine, but most of his points (not all, most) came on plays where guys like Felton, Fields, Gallo penetrating the middle the defense collapsing to help on the driving guy, the driving guy passed it, leaving Mozgov wide open for a dunk.

As good as his stats were, the stats cannot tell the whole story, Mozgov benefitted from a porous defensive front in LA. The scoring plays were on him being in the right place and the right time.

Mozgov has a nice set of skills, but defense (he let DeAndre Jordan, the guy he was assigned to dunk at will), and his hands (he dropped a pass lost the ball in the middle and threw up one of the ugliest layups I have ever seen in person), and his rebounding (he missed some easy ones) still need work. We took advantage last night of a bad Clippers defensive center situation.

Did you Watch the game?

Right place Right time yeah right! Mozgov was setting hard screens to open up penetration for guys like Gallo,Felton Fields and then he rolled HARD to the basket to get all his layups. Also his rebounding wasn't bad he actually fought for some, he didn't play the whole 4th Q and 3rdQ but still ended up with nearly a team high 6rbs.

Jordan was getting open dunks because Felton couldn't stay in front of his man Baron Davis or Bledsoe, no matter what they torched him all game for open layups and passes to a big men when either Mozgov or Amare stepped up!

It wasn't until Douglas came in and stopped Clippers' dribble drive and kick that we came back. Then Raymond comes back in and we start switching so we end up with Foye having mismatches because Felton couldn't stay in front of anyone. This Loss is on Felton! and Damntoni

i think you need to go to a medical preofessional. is this how you make yourself feel better? can you please find ONE person that said Moz shoouldnt have gotten any burn at all....smh, this nigqa is special. :comfort:

This is funny coming from the guy that said Moz should continue to be benched after the Mavs game. You may be losing your short term memory. I heard seafood could help with that...

So now you want to start running the offense through Moz? He did EXACTLY what we needed him to do. Give a presence down low and get garbage baskets. Pick up some rebounds. Why he didnt play in the 4th quarter is a travesty..

I really dont understand what you guys want from the kid. He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt.

KBlack25

Starter
Not only did I watch the game, I was in attendance. And what I saw is Mozgov setting screens, yes, on the traditional pick and roll we run fairly frequently. But most of Mozgov's points came from him being wide open in the paint 2 or 3 feet from the bucket. Now I'm not an NBA coach, but if ANYONE is wide open 2 to 3 feet from the hoop on a half court set that to me is indicative of a breakdown on the defensive end. I saw a lot of times Moz getting fed in the paint wide open off a drive to the basket.

Mozgov has gotten better but a lot of times he doesn't even throw his hands up on defense and he still isn't rebounding all that well. The dunks he got from the wide open feed were, at the beginning of the season, times when he would throw up a soft layup. He looks much more confident using his size on offense. And while he is fouling less he still doesn't use his 7'1 frame and size effectively to rebound. Getting the second most rebounds on the Knicks this year is like being the second prettiest girl in a trailerpark. The fafact is without Turiaf this team will struggle torebound. I am not interested in Moz offensively. I want him to use his size to change shots in the paint and rebound, something I look for in a Center, which he still has to work on

Did you Watch the game?

Right place Right time yeah right! Mozgov was setting hard screens to open up penetration for guys like Gallo,Felton Fields and then he rolled HARD to the basket to get all his layups. Also his rebounding wasn't bad he actually fought for some, he didn't play the whole 4th Q and 3rdQ but still ended up with nearly a team high 6rbs.

Jordan was getting open dunks because Felton couldn't stay in front of his man Baron Davis or Bledsoe, no matter what they torched him all game for open layups and passes to a big men when either Mozgov or Amare stepped up!

It wasn't until Douglas came in and stopped Clippers' dribble drive and kick that we came back. Then Raymond comes back in and we start switching so we end up with Foye having mismatches because Felton couldn't stay in front of anyone. This Loss is on Felton! and Damntoni

Felton is not good enough! I even said it when he was putting up nice stats, before the Laker game in L.A.

We need a better PG if we want to have any kind of success. Felton is a terrible playmaker and he can't stay in front of any PG in the league. Even Baron Davis and Eric BLedsoe got the better of him last night.

We really need either Chris Paul or Deron Williams long term, no matter who the head coach is.

Short term I'd trade him for a PG who is on a mid level contract and who can play the pick and roll and play man on man perimeter defense.

KBlack25

Starter
So now you want to start running the offense through Moz? He did EXACTLY what we needed him to do. Give a presence down low and get garbage baskets. Pick up some rebounds. Why he didnt play in the 4th quarter is a travesty..

I really dont understand what you guys want from the kid. He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt.

Not at all...he played well and did from a scoring perspective what needed to get done. And he has changed his game for the better. But the key word is CHANGED. He played soft to start the year. He still has a ton of work to do. His rebounding and defense still isn't where I want it to be. I have no worry about this team's ability to score...but when there are loose boards guys on our team get their hands on and don't pull in, that is a huge issue.

Not at all...he played well and did from a scoring perspective what needed to get done. And he has changed his game for the better. But the key word is CHANGED. He played soft to start the year. He still has a ton of work to do. His rebounding and defense still isn't where I want it to be. I have no worry about this team's ability to score...but when there are loose boards guys on our team get their hands on and don't pull in, that is a huge issue.

Ok he was playing soft BEFORE, we get that now he is aggressive and helping us score. This is a scoring system not a rebounding or defensive, Mike D has never used a Big man to help on D or alter shots so isn't Mozgov doing what he is supposed to?

What about Amare Griffin was scoring on him and drove 2 charges on him, he also didn't rebound.

:boohoo:

if you didnt watch, yes, it was back to the pine.

moz got appropriate minutes
this game proves that e is a liability against tyson chandler (lol @ assholes thinking he should guard dwight howard in his first month in the nba)
he still makes rookie mistakes that **** up a good run.
he is still raw....just admit it. we used him and he couldnt grab a board if you payed him.
im sure he will try harder next time

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

KBlack25

Starter
Ok he was playing soft BEFORE, we get that now he is aggressive and helping us score. This is a scoring system not a rebounding or defensive, Mike D has never used a Big man to help on D or alter shots so isn't Mozgov doing what he is supposed to?

What about Amare Griffin was scoring on him and drove 2 charges on him, he also didn't rebound.

Jeez so sensitive...am I not allowed to give Mozgov props? He has developed a much better offensive game from October to date, kudos to him and the coaching staff for doing so. But it's not like he was like Shaq out there, he benefitted from the other 4 guys on the floor (the other 9 if you count the Clippers defense). There is NOTHING wrong with that, but again expectations should be tempered...it's not like he dropped 25 on Dwight Howard or anything. I still want to see more rebounding out of him...dude is 7'1" and parked in the lane on defense, he needs to pull down more rebounds than he does...

I have never and will never defend Amare's defensive game...but I can accept Blake Griffin scoring at will faster than I can accept DeAndre Jordan scoring at will...

Toons

is the Bo$$
:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

you asshole, just because he comes off the bench doesnt mean he wont play.

now that i have replied to some bogus and not so bugus posts....

Continue to limit his minutes coach. I support the movement. When the team gets healthy, reduce his minutes again. Let him lear EFFICIENCY. Let him learn that 5-8 fg and 8-10 ft = 20 pts. Let him watch film....strap him to a chair like robot chicken and play hours and hours of basketball so he can erase the euroball from him mind. Keep working with him. He is still not ready.

not angry at all. I think he needs to be worked in bro. they are doing a good job, the job is just not done yet. IMO
Moz still tries to do a bit too much at times, which is a good sign, he just needs to focus and hone that hunger to make intellegent plays consistenly.
Im on team Mozgov, but im not up for throwing dice while we fight to stay above .500. I agree with kiyah, on teams that are small, we give him 15-20 mins per.
Just because he goes back to the bench doesnt mean he wont get his 10-15 minutes of PT that he earned. He came off the bench on his last team....whats the big deal of him going back to the bench in place of chandler and a more experienced turiaf?
Its a small sample against a bad team, and everyones all gung ho about how nba ready he is.....fukouttahere

trying to get your angle....
gallo was injured....gallo is also proven and has 3 years experience.
when did he use williams as a 5??? he may have got caught on a bad switch, but williams played the 5? really? when was this?? against what team??
keep developing him until he hones his skills more. Im not saying dont play timmy, I followed him more than any of you on this board. Im saying, work him in slowly, one night does not make you a starter. give him a chance to be consistent. maybe 10 mins per game or something. Like i said before, his turnovers hurt us the most when he played. At the time amare was turning over the rock like mad. We play a game of posessions. thats what we do. when we lose possessions, it hurts us more than you think.

who said not to give him minutes? comprehesion is key. i said he should get 10-15 mintues a game. He played 40 minutes last night. its too much for him. We will see when he goes up against another big player. Then you all will come back down to earth. lol at yall gettin all gassed up over one game. typical fan boys

:smokin:
OBVIOUSLY YOU CANT READ

its ok tho, every point u brought up, i killed u. good try tho.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Im saying, work him in slowly, one night does not make you a starter. give him a chance to be consistent. maybe 10 mins per game or something.

who said not to give him minutes? comprehesion is key. i said he should get 10-15 mintues a game. He played 40 minutes last night. its too much for him. We will see when he goes up against another big player. Then you all will come back down to earth. lol at yall gettin all gassed up over one game. typical fan boys

Dude, he played 26:22 -- http://www.nba.com/games/20110209/LACNYK/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

It's not hard to look this stuff up.

It's impossible to play 40 minutes when you sit out the whole fourth quarter. D'Antoni went small in the fourth to try and gain some points back. It almost worked... almost. We got within three and then botched the game because of no interior presence.

D'Antoni likes to gamble like that. It sometimes pays off, but most of the time it doesn't. We got burned time and time again because we needed to double Blake Griffin when Chandler was guarding him. Posting up a smaller guy is fundamental basketball and scarily enough, for whatever reason, it works.... hmmm. :sarcasm:.

Mozgov's height alone on the inside would have worked out well. How you go 8-9 from the field and grab 6 boards in 26 minutes, and then not see daylight in the fourth quarter is beyond me.

Could you imagine scoring 18 very efficient points, and then being told to sit down... D'Antoni is just stubborn.

Mozgov single-handedly kept us in the game in the first two quarters, then D'Antoni sat him. It's not quite fair.

What was even more of a travesty, however, was him subbing in Landry Fields, who did nothing the whole game for Toney Douglas, who was a happy +16 when he was on the floor (compared to the rest of the team that were negative by mostly double digits). I even saw Toney look at Mike as he was heading to the bench and ask: "Why are you sitting me?"

The answer, Mr. Douglas, is because MD is an idiot.