Game thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards 3:00 1/17/2019 [Game #44]

tiger0330

Legend
Poor 4th for the boys. TOs killed them along with missing shots. If Zo hadn't blocked Bryants shot I think it was going in anyway.

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure about Fiz coaching on that last play. Should have had a defensive team in with MRob and Nits in but he left the same guys in from the play before. Made no adjustment despite having a TO to do so.

mafra

Legend
If anyone can outplay Brady its Mahomes. The kid is special.

Brady hasn?t won a road playoff game in the AFC since 2003. Granted, he?s only 0-3 (all 3 losses came in DEN).

And, if SEA runs that ball (when they only needed 1 yard to win); and ATL doesn?t blow a 28-3 lead (and they run ball, burn clock, and kick FG late in 4th).... Well, Brady should be 0-4 last 4 SB (meaning their last win was about 2004... Spygate-cheat era).

Chiefs will roll over NE Sunday and win by 10+ points.

tiger0330

Legend
Brady hasn’t won a road playoff game in the AFC since 2003. Granted, he’s only 0-3 (all 3 losses came in DEN).

And, if SEA runs that ball (when they only needed 1 yard to win); and ATL doesn’t blow a 28-3 lead (and they run ball, burn clock, and kick FG late in 4th).... Well, Brady should be 0-4 last 4 SB (meaning their last win was about 2004... Spygate-cheat era).

Lol You make Brady sound like a scrub. He holds almost every playoff record for a QB if not every record. I'm rooting for Mahomes and the Chiefs but the Patriots and Brady are going to be a tough out for them.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Lol You make Brady sound like a scrub. He holds almost every playoff record for a QB if not every record. I'm rooting for Mahomes and the Chiefs but the Patriots and Brady are

I?m not saying it, the record is. Of course Brady isn?t a scrub, but it?s more that it?s hard to win playoff games outside your home stadium.

If go back... since 2005, Patriots should be 1-9 in playoff games played outside New England (lost in Indy, DEN 3 times, NYG twice, 1 to PHi)... SEA and ATL choked away their SB games... so Patriots are really 3-7 (with 3 home losses thrown in ? 2 to BAL and 1 to NYJ).

Even in his SB wins... all 5... they?ve come at a combined margin of victory of what? 15 points? Every SB ?road? win is by about a FG.

Brady plays in the free agent era... in an age where teams are constantly stripped of their good players (and quality depth), where every rule is tailored to favor offense, when his team has stretched the meaning of what is legal, and during a time when the best QB in his DIV for 20 years was the esteemed Chad Pennington... and, since being the league?s flagship?s team, he?s certainly benefited from a ton of homefield cooking by the zebras (tuck rule, the odd formation game, the let?s molest the Indy WR game, and so on and so forth).

Brady won his first 3 SB bc of Spygate and an awesome Bill Parcells constructed defense. He was a game manager (15-28, 181 yards, 1 TD guy).

Again, this is the truth. If Brady gets the credit for all the winning, which he deservedly should get, then it?s fair to dissect the record for what it?s worth.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I’m not saying it, the record is. Of course Brady isn’t a scrub, but it’s more that it’s hard to win playoff games outside your home stadium.

If go back... since 2005, Patriots should be 1-9 in playoff games played outside New England (lost in Indy, DEN 3 times, NYG twice, 1 to PHi)... SEA and ATL choked away their SB games... so Patriots are really 3-7 (with 3 home losses thrown in — 2 to BAL and 1 to NYJ).

Even in his SB wins... all 5... they’ve come at a combined margin of victory of what? 15 points? Every SB “road” win is by about a FG.

Brady plays in the free agent era... in an age where teams are constantly stripped of their good players (and quality depth), where every rule is tailored to favor offense, when his team has stretched the meaning of what is legal, and during a time when the best QB in his DIV for 20 years was the esteemed Chad Pennington... and, since being the league’s flagship’s team, he’s certainly benefited from a ton of homefield cooking by the zebras (tuck rule, the odd formation game, the let’s molest the Indy WR game, and so on and so forth).

Brady won his first 3 SB bc of Spygate and an awesome Bill Parcells constructed defense. He was a game manager (15-28, 181 yards, 1 TD guy).

Again, this is the truth. If Brady gets the credit for all the winning, which he deservedly should get, then it’s fair to dissect the record for what it’s worth.
Good post, I'm not a big fan of football but you know the game for sure.

mafra

Legend
Good post, I'm not a big fan of football but you know the game for sure.

Not that I know much of anything, but it?s hard winning road games in Jan. But, weather will
be a factor and NE will try to pound the run... but I still think KC wins. I am picking Rams tho to win on the road.

tiger0330

Legend
Not that I know much of anything, but it’s hard winning road games in Jan. But, weather will
be a factor and NE will try to pound the run... but I still think KC wins. I am picking Rams tho to win on the road.
It's supposed to be fair and in the 20's for this Sunday's game in KC. Normal conditions for a Jan football game. Should be a good game, Patriots are 3 pt underdogs.

I do see the forecast is much better than previously predicted hence your comment about the weather being a factor.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Brady hasn?t won a road playoff game in the AFC since 2003. Granted, he?s only 0-3 (all 3 losses came in DEN).

And, if SEA runs that ball (when they only needed 1 yard to win); and ATL doesn?t blow a 28-3 lead (and they run ball, burn clock, and kick FG late in 4th).... Well, Brady should be 0-4 last 4 SB (meaning their last win was about 2004... Spygate-cheat era).

That?s what I?m talking about!!!

Paul1355

All Star
I watched this game a day late but I didn?t understand benching Dotson in the 4th over trier when Dotson was on fire offensively and is one of our best perimeter defenders.

Good to see Robinson back but this dude is an idiot in regards to fouling people.

I also don?t understand playing ntlikina over Burke

Burke- 19 min, 11 ppg, 40% fg

Frank- 21 min, 6 ppg, 34%fg

Burke scored double digit point totals in every game he?s played since the end of December, yet he still gets DNP because of frank. I don?t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk