The Official Mike D'Antoni Sucks Thread

Do you approve of Mike D'Antoni?

• Yes, this 5 game winning streak over lottery teams has me convinced.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Yes, but the Knicks will have to keep winning, before I join the D'Antoni bandwagon.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • No, he sucks. He will be thrown in a dumpster(fired), after this year.

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I do not agree with this thread one bit.

But in fairness ABCD is right. He is a Knicks fan first, D'antoni hater 2nd.

But Kiyaman seems to be a D'antoni hater 1st lol.

pat

Starter
I do not hate D'Antoni. I don't know why people think I hate him.

I'm judging him as a coach, not as a person.

Let's agree on you hating him as a coach. And as far as I can remember, in another thread you posted that you will wait and see whether the team is going to make the playoffs. Under which circumstances whatsoever. You didn't. Let's face it nobody is objective. We are all biased one way or the other. The only thing which I find annoying is posters believing they have exclusive access to truth as such. Your replies in this thread I found quite refreshingly different, but if multiple posters get the impression that you hate D'Antoni, there might be something in your posts saying "I hate D'Antoni". But let's not get into meta-discussions again.

I just think that we have got a young, relatively cheap, streaky, average team right now. This MIGHT be enough to reach the playoffs this year. Is it what I dream of as a fan? No. Is it better than the last decade? Yes. Is it a step into the right direction? Yes. Your point might be that we are climbing up the wrong ladder. We are up, but the ladder eventually turn out to be too short. Fair enough, but I beg to differ.

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
I still say if D'antoni Does that become defensive minded we still will have major problems That outscoring each team dosen't work in the east.

The knicks were always known for their Defense, And now we are one of the worse. Let's face The obvious We are not Good defensively I'm watching the Mavericks and heat and Their defense is Pretty good. If D'antoni keeps thinking that outshooting is going to make us a Contender he's Sadly mistaken. We could get Good players, But if he continues to not coach Defense, Teams are going to keep scoring in the paint against us.
We leave Good players wide open for Jump shots.
There's nothing Too exciting about Getting outscored in The Fourth Quarter.
I would like to feel That This team is Good Enough to Keep a Lead for once.

Please Let The knicks become very good in 1 or 2 years :crossfingers:

KingCharles34

All Star
I do not hate D'Antoni. I don't know why people think I hate him.

I'm judging him as a coach, not as a person.

As for Nate Robinson, where's the proof that he's a head case?

Doc Rivers has no complaints. And if Robinson was such a head case, why did Boston keep him?

D'Antoni publicly said he doesn't play bad rookies, when referring to Hill.

Hughes sucks, but it was uncalled for for D'Antoni to publicly say "well, he thinks he can help the team, I don't" while snickering and laughing at the media.

As for me being quiet over the Knicks winning streak, that is total B.S.

I posted on about 5 of the game threads, giving support to the Knicks.

Just because I don't like D'Antoni as a coach, doesn't mean I don't like the players on the team.

That's what people don't get.

You don't have to support a coach to support a team.

Many people didn't like Isiah Thomas when he coached the team, but they still supported the Knicks.

I don't support D'Antoni, but I support the Knicks. That's my right.

The Knicks were 3rd place in the East, in the 2004-2005 season, and they missed the playoffs.

This is not the first time the Knicks have had a false good start.

smh @ you even having to explain yourself to these faggits....c/s everything you said.

And i never really understood Nates "antics", he mighta made a few mistakes sometimes like when he shot on the wrong basket but when you got a team full of losers, Nate was one of the only players that while being inconsistent, his effort was always there. He was one of the hardest working players we had and always gave 110% on the court.

If Antoni had simply tried communicating to these guys and saying that hes gonna try different things, your gettin benched for a little while, just keep working out hard and you might get another shot in the rotation....thats all he had to say.

And the irony of bleedfaggit calling anyone a blind hater :eek:hboy:

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
smh @ you even having to explain yourself to these faggits....c/s everything you said.

And i never really understood Nates "antics", he mighta made a few mistakes sometimes like when he shot on the wrong basket but when you got a team full of losers, Nate was one of the only players that while being inconsistent, his effort was always there. He was one of the hardest working players we had and always gave 110% on the court.

If Antoni had simply tried communicating to these guys and saying that hes gonna try different things, your gettin benched for a little while, just keep working out hard and you might get another shot in the rotation....thats all he had to say.

And the irony of bleedfaggit calling anyone a blind hater :eek:hboy:

Quit defending your boyfriend, it makes you look pretty gay...lol Hows about you get off my nuts and ABCD's and Metro's while your at it punk bitch...lol I have straight up murdered you and your weak crew single handedly, I got nothing else to prove you posers have been exposed!

P.S. I no longer wish to address the lower dregs of this site my little Connecticut G. Go pester somebody else as I no longer have the time for these pointless internet squabbles. So straight up keep my name out your mouth and I will do the same. Thanks

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Quit defending your boyfriend, it makes you look pretty gay...lol Hows about you get off my nuts and ABCD's and Metro's while your at it punk bitch...lol I have straight up murdered you and your weak crew single handedly, I got nothing else to prove you posers have been exposed!

P.S. I no longer wish to address the lower dregs of this site my little Connecticut G. Go pester somebody else as I no longer have the time for these pointless internet squabbles. So straight up keep my name out your mouth and I will do the same. Thanks

i would make an effort to somehow find a way to insult you everytime i post but that would only help your reputation and make you known on here. As of right now only a couple posters know of you, nobody likes you :lol:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
This is the Noah's Ark of KOL. ABCD warned us of impending doom, and he was laughed at and his thread rated two stars. This is now a classic, and the 'Anotnisexuals are hiding out..

STAT1

Starter
MDA has invented a new style of defense where help defense is a foreign concept. It's called Iso-D.

smokes

Huge Member
This is the Noah's Ark of KOL. ABCD warned us of impending doom, and he was laughed at and his thread rated two stars. This is now a classic, and the 'Anotnisexuals are hiding out..

Haha people were calling for D'antoni to be fired on this forum 2 years before this thread was created... Funny that even when he's not around you're still here to ride abcd's dick though I'm sure he appreciates it :lol:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Spoke to soon. Winning record, team firing on all cylinders, 7 game win streak and momentum. If that's doom then sign me up! :smokin:

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ Indeed. :lol:

N actually, G

Majority of whom supported and stuck by both Gallo and D'antoni and didn't let emotion cloud their bball sense,

Have been the most consistently active and vocal posters this entire season.

Maybe just me, but could swear the post count of quite a few posters who drank the Gallo and Coach D'antoni haterade have been taking a lotta naps and hibernating most of the yr.

Eh papi?

Ready for the magnum opus of bumped threads soon; the ownage I inflicted in bumping a few kiyaman/red/abcd/jimchief threads earlier in yr was an appetizer to the main course of ether that's been biding its time ever since some decided to take the easy route of group-think hate on Gallo-D'ant duo.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
^^ Indeed. :lol:

N actually, G

Majority of whom supported and stuck by both Gallo and D'antoni and didn't let emotion cloud their bball sense,

Have been the most consistently active and vocal posters this entire season.

Maybe just me, but could swear the post count of quite a few posters who drank the Gallo and Coach D'antoni haterade have been taking a lotta naps and hibernating most of the yr.

Eh papi?

Ready for the magnum opus of bumped threads soon; the ownage I inflicted in bumping a few kiyaman/red/abcd/jimchief threads earlier in yr was an appetizer to the main course of ether that's been biding its time ever since some decided to take the easy route of group-think hate on Gallo-D'ant duo.

They will inevitably blame MDA unless we get a ring so don't be surprised when the spin continues.

They will inevitably blame MDA unless we get a ring so don't be surprised when the spin continues.

Yeah that's the way it is....not a fan of D'Antoni, but some of the allegations against him are pure BS. We've been playing really well lately, if that continues throughout the playoffs, I'll be happy with our season. We still need a true center to think about the Finals, not much D'Antoni can do about that.

iSaYughh

Starter

No doubt. Multiple rings, prolly.

But you can keep smashing them for all the battles they lose. Unfort, it's a never ending war bc they simply move the goal post again...:boohoo:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I'm still not totally convinced, I would like to see him hold players accountable, do less politicking with the refs and more coaching, and realize that his rotations should be more fluid, right now they're set in stone and if a player is on fire and lighting it up...he gets his regular rest regardless. We started to give away a few leads at the Garden in the 4th because Melo was sitting on the bench with 25% of the team's points and about 90% of it's defensive hustle. Sometimes you gotta say "**** regular rest, go get 'em champ." Those leads will evaporate in an instant if he doesn't adjust to the game he's coaching in the playoffs.

And he absolutely has to reign the players in a little bit in the 4th. We don't want to use his system that's based on creating extra shots, late in the game...it just doesn't make sense. Early shots, late in the game, with a lead, will lose you a game more often than it'll win one. Too often we play with the lead in the 4th like we're trailing in the 2nd...it's ugly sometimes. Obviously the defense is picking up a little, but I'll reserve judgement on that one until I see what STAT does on Tuesday.

And I don't want to live or die by the 3 anymore. I just don't...those teams haven't won many championships and I'm not up for reinventing the wheel, bucking the trend, or any other cliche out there. I'm not saying that a chip can't be won like that....but let some other team try it.

I'm not hating on the man, but I'm also not gonna fall in love with his style because we won 7 in a row...we won 8 in a row earlier in the season...it doesn't mean anything. If wins and losses during the regular season were indicative of anything then the Cavs would have been back to back champs and the Mavs and Suns would be rocking championship banners as well. But how you win an lose those games speak louder than the box score.

Last night's win and the win vs Orlando were, in my opinion, the two most impressive in this winning streak. Yea I felt good leaving the Garden after the Cavs, Nets, and Raptors games with a W but at the same time Amar'e looked like defense was optional, MDA never got on him about it, and we gave up over 115 points in 2 of the 3, over 105 in all 3. Why is that good enough for us? Are we to not expect better? You don't have to be a defensive juggernaut to not give up 116 to the Nets and 118 to the Raptors.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'm still not totally convinced, I would like to see him hold players accountable, do less politicking with the refs and more coaching, and realize that his rotations should be more fluid, right now they're set in stone and if a player is on fire and lighting it up...he gets his regular rest regardless. We started to give away a few leads at the Garden in the 4th because Melo was sitting on the bench with 25% of the team's points and about 90% of it's defensive hustle. Sometimes you gotta say "**** regular rest, go get 'em champ." Those leads will evaporate in an instant if he doesn't adjust to the game he's coaching in the playoffs.

And he absolutely has to reign the players in a little bit in the 4th. We don't want to use his system that's based on creating extra shots, late in the game...it just doesn't make sense. Early shots, late in the game, with a lead, will lose you a game more often than it'll win one. Too often we play with the lead in the 4th like we're trailing in the 2nd...it's ugly sometimes. Obviously the defense is picking up a little, but I'll reserve judgement on that one until I see what STAT does on Tuesday.

And I don't want to live or die by the 3 anymore. I just don't...those teams haven't won many championships and I'm not up for reinventing the wheel, bucking the trend, or any other cliche out there. I'm not saying that a chip can't be won like that....but let some other team try it.

I'm not hating on the man, but I'm also not gonna fall in love with his style because we won 7 in a row...we won 8 in a row earlier in the season...it doesn't mean anything. If wins and losses during the regular season were indicative of anything then the Cavs would have been back to back champs and the Mavs and Suns would be rocking championship banners as well. But how you win an lose those games speak louder than the box score.

Last night's win and the win vs Orlando were, in my opinion, the two most impressive in this winning streak. Yea I felt good leaving the Garden after the Cavs, Nets, and Raptors games with a W but at the same time Amar'e looked like defense was optional, MDA never got on him about it, and we gave up over 115 points in 2 of the 3, over 105 in all 3. Why is that good enough for us? Are we to not expect better? You don't have to be a defensive juggernaut to not give up 116 to the Nets and 118 to the Raptors.

I agree he needs to stop all the 3's especially late in the 4th because if they miss we can shoot our self out of the game. That said, our defense is much improved, the team has bought in and we look dangerous. Lets not forget we just beat another playoff team with out Amare. MDA has faults as any coach does and we all know that but it appears he is at least trying to address them. I think it's very savvy to recognize that with Melo and Amare our team has the luxury now to concentrate on defense since the offense will naturally be there. Further I look at his rotations as of late and have to conclude he has taking note of the criticisms since he has expanded it.