I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Possibilities

I like that idea too Anu with BJ Mullens.

Maybe this can work out: Draft Stephen Curry/Jrue Holiday at #8. Have Minnesota draft BJ Mullens at #18. Whenever it is legal to do so, sign and trade Nate Robinson for draft rights to Mullens and Brian Cardinal.

Dave2138's point is well taken. It is not likely that we are going to keep both Lee and Nate. But let us not lose one or the other without something in return. With a sign and trade after the draft, we can also take back a one year bad contract, such as Cardinal's, without damage to the 2010 plan. Minnesota has several picks this year and is a good target for a potential deal. Mullens will likely be availabe at 18.

Mullens was a disappointment in his first year in college, but he apparently has some promise. I do not believe, however, that we should give up an 8 pick for him and whatever else we are likely to get simply for moving further out.

ANU

Starter
definitely.though i think some team might reach for him so it all depends on who he ends up with.

metrocard

Legend
I like that idea too Anu with BJ Mullens.

Maybe this can work out: Draft Stephen Curry/Jrue Holiday at #8. Have Minnesota draft BJ Mullens at #18. Whenever it is legal to do so, sign and trade Nate Robinson for draft rights to Mullens and Brian Cardinal.

Mullins has bust potential all over him. Didn't show much at Ohio State...drafting an unproven center doesn't have a high success rate.

Jrue Holliday's range is suspect and will hold him back in this system...Curry isn't a better pick than Ty Lawson.

Weak plan.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Mullins has bust potential all over him. Didn't show much at Ohio State...drafting an unproven center doesn't have a high success rate.

Jrue Holliday's range is suspect and will hold him back in this system...Curry isn't a better pick than Ty Lawson.

Weak plan.

as long as mullins learns from greg oden on how not to be a bust im sure he'll do fine lol

metrocard

Legend
Mullens is athletic...but he doesnt have those skills that scream production (no 'mo).

After Griffin, the big men in this draft are pretty much future bench players.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
its funny how things change over time, when u look at the first post by DAT prince, bfore the NCAA season, brandon jennings was projected to be the best pick, and blake griffen was like fifth best. ive been watchin some jennings film when he playin in rome, and was deeply dissapointed, so much talent, but no production. still this guy has MAJOR upside, but so do a lot of players who turn out to be nothing (i.e gerald green). hes the biggest high risk, high reward player in thsi draft in my opinion.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i hope we could walk away on draft night with Jrue Holiday, or Ty Lawson. and if somehow we make a deal for Mullens i'd be pumped.

but my favorites- outta the realistic picks is Jrue ( great upside) and Lawson.

metrocard

Legend
i hope we could walk away on draft night with Jrue Holiday, or Ty Lawson. and if somehow we make a deal for Mullens i'd be pumped.

but my favorites- outta the realistic picks is Jrue ( great upside) and Lawson.

If Jrue shows potential on his range and more skillfull ball handling then I'm sold...scouts were saying he wasn't that fast in draft camp, but still some dudes are faster in game time than camp.

ANU

Starter
you know what i find particularly funny about certain fans? is how they try and down play a certain player because of some attribute they might be missing.like said player can't or won't improve.if said player had the attribute said fan is complaining about that player lacking, they'd most likely be a top 3 pick.
if derozan's handle was better, he'd be the next kobe.the guy is 19 years old.he went to usc, maybe he learned a thing or two while he was there from kobe.maybe he's to kobe, what kobe was to jordan(a copycat, and who'd mind a young kobey kopycat on this team? exactly.)
considering where our pick is sitting at, a derozan or a jrue will be a steal.

i'd also like to say that with all due respect to nash, the guy is the most overrated nba player this decade.all those mvp's.you look at the talent he's had,and you look at his numbers, and you look at the talent on the nyk squad this year, and doodoo's(a fricking back up pg) numbers, it won't be difficult to get a guy like holiday, who is all ready an exceptional defensive player, to do what he's done.obviously, his shooting has to improve.this coaching staff improved trashed trashfries shooting; i doubt that'll be a difficult task.

now i like curry, but this league is becoming a pg's league. in order to be one of the best teams, when so many of the best teams best players are pg's, we need a stopper at the pg.that's holiday.

metrocard

Legend
you know what i find particularly funny about certain fans? is how they try and down play a certain player because of some attribute they might be missing.like said player can't or won't improve.if said player had the attribute said fan is complaining about that player lacking, they'd most likely be a top 3 pick.
if derozan's handle was better, he'd be the next kobe.the guy is 19 years old.he went to usc, maybe he learned a thing or two while he was there from kobe.maybe he's to kobe, what kobe was to jordan(a copycat, and who'd mind a young kobey kopycat on this team? exactly.)
considering where our pick is sitting at, a derozan or a jrue will be a steal.

i'd also like to say that with all due respect to nash, the guy is the most overrated nba player this decade.all those mvp's.you look at the talent he's had,and you look at his numbers, and you look at the talent on the nyk squad this year, and doodoo's(a fricking back up pg) numbers, it won't be difficult to get a guy like holiday, who is all ready an exceptional defensive player, to do what he's done.obviously, his shooting has to improve.this coaching staff improved trashed trashfries shooting; i doubt that'll be a difficult task.

now i like curry, but this league is becoming a pg's league. in order to be one of the best teams, when so many of the best teams best players are pg's, we need a stopper at the pg.that's holiday.

Nash is overrated, but Holiday isn't?

Wasn't Duhon suppose to be our stupper at PG?

Do you realize D'Antoni's system doesn't allow players to slow the place and put pressure on defense?

Holiday's defensive ability won't be utilized to the fullest, so he'll be a waste pick since his offense is really below average.

ANU

Starter
you act like I'm saying holiday is THE NEXT GREAT NBA SUPER STAR.nash is overrated.nash won 2 MVPS.lol.2 ****ing mvp's.come on...........

and as i said in another thread, i take back what i said about curry. his shot is muthu****in dinero.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea i wouldn't be mad at a curry pick, my only worry is his upside can he develop if he can then he could be a michael redd ( when he's healthy) type of player. if he becomes that then im happy as ever. we already know the dude is clutch another missing link for us.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
yea i wouldn't be mad at a curry pick, my only worry is his upside can he develop if he can then he could be a michael redd ( when he's healthy) type of player. if he becomes that then im happy as ever. we already know the dude is clutch another missing link for us.

curry=mike redd? i may be watching the wrong stephon curry lol

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well not a carbon copy but he could become that mold of player if he has that much upside which is my one major concern with him.

metrocard

Legend
you act like I'm saying holiday is THE NEXT GREAT NBA SUPER STAR.nash is overrated.nash won 2 MVPS.lol.2 ****ing mvp's.come on...........

and as i said in another thread, i take back what i said about curry. his shot is muthu****in dinero.

Steve Nash wasn't the most valuable player to his team for 2-4 seasons?

It could be held for debate. Shaq, Kobe, Lebron etc...a lot of those guys deserve MVP.

Nash isn't going to dunk on you, but he did a lot of things in his prime that were elite...despite the system that favored him, Nash made the system work. Phoneix wasn't the same team when Nash was off the floor. Thats why he was the most valuable player at the league at time.

His flats were inflated, no doubt...but his value was amongst the best in the league.

So I just wanted to know how Nash could be overrated, but an unproven overhyped combo guard like JRue Holiday isn't?

If we don't get Lawson, I would lean towards to getting Tyreke Evans who has a more NBA ready game and would be a great two guard next to Gallinari, our SF. Only problem is that he's an awful shooter.

Honestly...I wouldnt mind drafting Earl Clark too...who can actually play the 4 unlike Chandler, pass the ball, block shots and do a whole bag tricks...his game is really diverse.

Chandler to me is a low quality prospect. He sure can dunk the ball pretty good, but other than that his game is limited. We should sell him away to another team to get another pick. Maybe we'll finally get a real 3pt shooter?

Curry is a nice shooter, but he has only played one season as a PG.

To me, thats not enough experience under the position, especially when he dominated the ball most of the time...I don't see how easy is the transition of going from a 25+ ppg scorer to a pass first PG in this system.

We already got Nate to chuck shots, Curry is a better shooter, but I don't whats the difference.

Can someone post me videos of Curry making passes? I just haven't seen him enough.

ANU

Starter
how can holiday be overrated? he's a prospect who know one has going higher than 4, in what is supposed to be a weak draft.he's 18, 6-4, considered by some the best player of his high school class, and played out of position in college.

you want a video of curry making passes? are you cereal?:teeth:

though i can't find one with just passes, I've got one with him busting WV ass at the garden.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ1h7J36bYs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZ1h7J36bYs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I don't know man...The more I see of Curry the more I like him. That next to last highlight looked just like Reggie Miller...

ANU

Starter
I don't know man...The more I see of Curry the more I like him. That next to last highlight looked just like Reggie Miller...
curry's overall game is better than reggie's ever was, but if his jumpshot is miller's in the league, we'll have a damn good player.i was against picking him because i assumed he was a smaller reggie clone.but he's not.his game is better.

bob knight praising curry's passing ability.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JyTIQq5H-g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JyTIQq5H-g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: