Game thread: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers 5:00 1/4/2019 [Game #39]

tiger0330

Legend
Kanter with a huge block and a nice assist to Knox (to perhaps sell the win).

If only Kanter would focus on defending rim and passing as he does rebounding and scoring in the post. He’s a valuable rotation piece when he’s an active and willing defender and he’s passing.

Mario contributing too.

While I credit the vets for staying ready... let’s be honest... if you can’t play your best in LAK then you have a problem.
Kanter and Mario, 2 guys that won't be here next year. MRob comes back, they were talking about him and Kornet on the court together for their D. Kanter may ask out by the. Deadline.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kanter and Mario, 2 guys that won't be here next year. MRob comes back, they were talking about him and Kornet on the court together for their D. Kanter may ask out by the. Deadline.

If the Knicks has any plans on making the playoff next season .. Kanter is a KEEPER !!!

Broadway

All Star
Mudiay with a SWEET pass... to a rolling Kanter... maybe a game-winner.

Hey Broadway: Mudiay may be Knick PG after all (wouldn’t it be funny if it’s Mudiay, not KP, who is part of this Knicks turnaround in the coming seasons).

Ball is 5-7 from downtown. But his passing erratic tonight.

Knicks with 40+ free throws. Led by 17 in first Q... came back and finished the game in the 4th. It’s a New Year!

Mudiay had an ugly yet effective game...really bizarre. He had 4 lovely dimes tonight. I thought Dotson/Hezonja/Kanter were solid as hell.

Trier after proving me wrong first month has proven me right following month in being a 1-Trick Pony. Starting to wonder about him. Kornet has a sure place on this team love what he brings. Wonder what we are to do with Robinson? Like I really appreciate Kornet's game

tiger0330

Legend
Bout-bout Time .... Knicks Friday Night WIN 119 - 112 .. LETS GO Knicks !!!
Yep, breaks that 8 gm skid but LA didn't have their best 2 players. Knicks got the benefit of the calls and killed the Lakers at the FT line, Luke I'm sure is going to have something to say about the refs in his PG.

Broadway

All Star

I don't think they can play together...it would actually make sense to play Robinson/#kporzee and Vonleh/Kornet or maybe even Vonleh/Robinson and Kornet/#kporzee

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay had an ugly yet effective game...really bizarre. He had 4 lovely dimes tonight. I thought Dotson/Hezonja/Kanter were solid as hell.

Trier after proving me wrong first month has proven me right following month in being a 1-Trick Pony. Starting to wonder about him. Kornet has a sure place on this team love what he brings. Wonder what we are to do with Robinson? Like I really appreciate Kornet's game
Breen was saying they like Kornet for his PnR D and MRob for his rim protection .so Fiz is going to look at them together on the floor to see how that works next. Trier seems to have regressed either because of his ankle or signing his new deal, hope its not the latter.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks bench put up 55 pts, 23 rbs, 6 stls, 4 Blks, and 9 Dimes tonight !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think they can play together...it would actually make sense to play Robinson/#kporzee and Vonleh/Kornet or maybe even Vonleh/Robinson and Kornet/#kporzee

All 4 players you mention above does not have Kanter's high IQ in the paint, or Kanter's Vets experience, plus all 4 young players will need Kanter's experience throughout a regular 82 Game season. Remember the Knicks Front-Office messed up Tired-KP 3 NBA season of development by having 3 different clueless head-coaches .. Fizdale would be Tired-KP 4th head coach in 4 seasons in the NBA .. plus none of the 4 coaches has/ had a decent defensive system.

Kiyaman

Legend
Tired of the tanking .... WEeee need a WIN on the road !!!

Looking for Knox to challenge his performance by scoring 10 or more points in the 2nd half of the game.
Looking for Trier to challenge his passing game by having 5 or more Dimes.
Looking for Kornet to challenge his performance by having a double-double game on McGee & Chandler.
Looking for Dotson to challenge his 2-Way game by scoring in double figures plus lock Hart and Ingram to shooting below 40%.
Looking for Frank to challenge Lonzo performance tonight by having more than 7 Dimes !!!

A win is a win ....
Knox scored 14 pts, 5 rb, 1 ast, 1 stl in 37 minute of playingtime, but only 4 pts in the 2nd half .. Grade C game.
Trier scored 2 pts, 2 rb, 1 ast, in 9 min of playing time .. Grade C game.
Kornet scored 6 pts on 2-8 fga, 5 rb, 1 ast, 1stl, in 21 min of playing time .. Grade C game.
Dotson scored 11 pts, 2 rb, 3 ast, and 4 stls, in 24 min of playing time .. Grade B+ game.
Frank sprained his angle one minute in the game had to leave ..
This gave Trey Burke 19 min of playing time to score 16 pts, 1 rb, 1 ast, 1 stl .. Grade C+ game.
Mario scored 10 pts, 2 rb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 Blk, in 14 min of playing time .. Grade C+ game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Interesting from Fizdale. He said the high # of players w/ expiring contracts has negatively affected ball movement: "We are so young and we have so many guys in contract years fighting for their lives that I got to get them to move the ball. When we don?t pass the ball, we lose"

Sound like a inexperience guy that took a job he was not built for .. Ball movement and movement without the ball should have been the first rule on offense during training-camp session.
Fizdale are pointing fingers at 6 players in the rotation .. Mudiay, Burke, Mario, Vonleh, Kornet, and Kanter.
And I thought Timmy was our biggest ball-stopper this season .. My Bad!

Maybe, Fizdale wouldn't have this problem, if Fizdale would have stuck with developing one or two of the hundred different lineups he kept putting out on the court.

tiger0330

Legend
Sound like a inexperience guy that took a job he was not built for .. Ball movement and movement without the ball should have been the first rule on offense during training-camp session.
Fizdale are pointing fingers at 6 players in the rotation .. Mudiay, Burke, Mario, Vonleh, Kornet, and Kanter.
And I thought Timmy was our biggest ball-stopper this season .. My Bad!

Maybe, Fizdale wouldn't have this problem, if Fizdale would have stuck with developing one or two of the hundred different lineups he kept putting out on the court.
Fizdale has a line of BS. Also said the reason for his goofy lineups is he's trying to figure out what his players are capable of and when he does, you'll see more consistent lineups. Some NBA insider said he can't make any sense of what he's doing unlike the Hawks who are also young and bad but you can see a plan with their lineups. He talks a great game like trying to get LeBron to talk to KK which I didn't think happened but as they say you can only dazzle them with BS for so long. Maybe the Griz had reason to kick him to the curb a few months after he made national news at a playoff presser when he said "Take that for data", his line of BS had worn thin.