1628995.png
201587.png

202498.png
101107.png

203943.png
202687.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksCharlotte Hornets
Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)Cody Zeller - Right hand surgery (OUT)
Emmanuel Mudiay -Strained left shoulder (OUT)Kemba Walker - Mild neck strain (PROB)
Luke Kornet - Sprained left ankle (OUT)-
Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (OUT)-

Game Preview

The Charlotte Hornets and New York Knicks are in two different kinds of races.

The Hornets are battling for one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference, having spent most of the season treading water near the .500 mark.

The Knicks are drowning, suffering their ninth consecutive loss on Sunday night when they fell 106-97 to the visiting Miami Heat. In a close race with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls and Phoenix Suns for the best draft lottery odds, New York has lost 17 of 18 games and 22 of 24.

The teams meet Monday night in Charlotte, when the Hornets are hoping to have All-Star starter Kemba Walker available after he suffered a mild neck sprain late in Friday's loss at Milwaukee.

Walker did not practice Sunday but was listed as probable by the team.

"He's sore right now," Charlotte coach James Borrego said Sunday. "I think he's going to be OK. We'll know more tomorrow."

Walker, averaging 24.7 points and 5.6 assists, will be appearing in his third All-Star Game and his first as a starter. That the game will be in Charlotte on Feb. 17 makes it all the more special.

"I was very happy for him," said Hornets guard Tony Parker, a six-time All-Star with the San Antonio Spurs. "Well-deserved. He's been playing great for us this year. And especially with the All-Star being in Charlotte, it's nice to have him start the game."

The Knicks (10-38) rallied from a 13-point deficit early in the fourth quarter on Sunday night to tie the game at 90 with 4:01 left. But the Heat finished on a 16-7 run.

New York did beat Charlotte 126-124 in overtime on Dec. 14, one of its three victories since the beginning of December. Just the Knicks' luck: Point guard Emmanuel Mudiay, who scored 34 points in that win, is dealing with a left shoulder strain that could keep him out about two more weeks.

Frank Ntilikina has started the past two games in place of Mudiay, but he was limited because of foul trouble in Friday's loss to Brooklyn and played only 14 minutes against Miami because of a strained groin that forced him out in the first half.

He did not return after posting six points and four assists.

"That was a big blow to us," Knicks coach David Fizdale said in his postgame press conference.

"He really had a huge impact on the first half, guarding the ball, getting people involved, being aggressive himself. I thought he really had another good game going, same as the other night. ... Hopefully, it's not too bad and we can get him back and get him going right away again."

Trey Burke, a subject of trade rumors, is back in the point guard rotation. He took advantage of Mudiay's absence against the Nets with 25 points on 10-of-19 shooting, adding five assists off the bench. He played 33 minutes after not playing in the previous four games.

Burke scored 16 points in 23 minutes Sunday night vs. the Heat.

Knicks center Enes Kanter (14.4 points, 10.8 rebounds per game) has not played in the past three contests, as New York emphasizes its younger players.

Charlotte beat the Knicks 119-107 on Dec. 9. This is the final meeting of the season between the teams.

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Last edited:
Thanks, Rady.

Starting lineup of Vonleh, Thomas, Knox, THJ, and Burke. Functional if not flashy. Strong start for THJ.

tiger0330

Legend
Throwing down alley oop dunks and blocking shots. MRob continues to be fun to watch.

Him and Trier have this Harden/Capela thing going on. Faried couldn't buy a minute when the Nets had him, goes to the Rox and he looks like DJ playing with Harden and CP3.

tiger0330

Legend
Yesterday it was Ellington today Monk. When you suck you suck, doesn't matter who you're playing. 92-79 CHA 5 mins left.

tiger0330

Legend
Tank rolls on

Hopefully only 2 more months of this.... after 20 years.... what’s another 30 games?
I hope there's light at the end if the tunnel. Its a long shot but Zion would be that light. Listening to Fizdale now and I'm getting tired of his BS, with his every one of my guys is good and I'm going to make them stars. Fiz the team is going in reverse if you haven't noticed.

mafra

Legend
I hope there's light at the end if the tunnel. Its a long shot but Zion would be that light. Listening to Fizdale now and I'm getting tired of his BS, with his every one of my guys is good and I'm going to make them stars. Fiz the team is going in reverse if you haven't noticed.

Kyrie now hinting he?s leaving BOS (and If BoS wants AD now they have to trade KI)...

Knicks have assets to trade for AD...

Top 3 pick us free agent is doable...

The light is certainly visible. Doesn?t mean much tho... might just mean we?re a perennial second round team at best... but, the 20 win seasons should be over starting this fall.

Hard to judge Fiz bc the talent is bare and orders from front office clear... not sold
Either, but he?s not Fisher and Horn.

10 game losing streak. Something like 2 - 22 over the last 24. This is what this team is doing BEFORE the All-Star break. Tank or not, this team is going to go down as the worst in franchise history.

tiger0330

Legend
Kyrie now hinting he’s leaving BOS (and If BoS wants AD now they have to trade KI)...

The light is certainly visible. Doesn’t mean much tho... might just mean we’re a perennial second round team at best... but, the 20 win seasons should be over starting this fall.

Hard to judge Fiz bc the talent is bare and orders from front office clear... not sold
Either, but he’s not Fisher and Horn.

10 game losing streak. Something like 2 - 22 over the last 24. This is what this team is doing BEFORE the All-Star break. Tank or not, this team is going to go down as the worst in franchise history.
If Fizdale is any kind of coach his guys will get better and they start winning some games. I'm tired of his perennial cheerful attitude though.

Broadway

All Star
Kyrie now hinting he?s leaving BOS (and If BoS wants AD now they have to trade KI)...

The light is certainly visible. Doesn?t mean much tho... might just mean we?re a perennial second round team at best... but, the 20 win seasons should be over starting this fall.

Either, but he?s not Fisher and Horn.

Kyrie has not hinted he's leaving...those are leaks from Lebron's camp to make the C's appear as an unattractive destination because they want to essentially force their way to the Lakers without it seeming so obvious(although it is). Hence the Pels coming out right away requesting the NBA enforce league wide tampering rules. Pels have fired back implying they'd rather wait until Summer to trade AD and Lonzo's camp firing back revealing Lonzo prefers to be re-routed to a team where there is no starting pg threat, basically trying to send signals he'll make a trade difficult by making traded team known he doesn't want to be there long-term

Games within a Game

If we're going to buy the Kyrie angle of leaving then it would most likely be to the Lakers based on placing recent phone call to Lebron to counsel him on Celtic struggles and Lebron IG and tagging him on a song of "rewinding" back time.

mafra

Legend
It definitely appears to be the case, with LeBron and his agent trying to force the AD issue... And kyrie and AD are really tight, so LeBron hopes if he gets 1 he can get both.

Broadway

All Star
I'm trying to figure out how teams/league can make this difficult for the Lakers. One thing the Pels appear adamant on is letting AD figure this out on his own...he knows turning down 5yrs $240mil is a tough pill to swallow. His intentions will have to be revealed or he has to hope the Lakers pony up assets. With each loss while Lebron is out results in diminishing returns, Pels can always ask for more and more and more even if it doesn't make sense.

It's very reminiscent of Paul George/Pacers but could turn into a spitting image of Carmelo/Nuggets and if so from the outside looking in...this time we'll get to see how ugly this really is.

LEBRON IS DISGUSTING TO ME AND HAS BEEN SINCE LATE 09, THIS WAS PLANNED VERY MUCH LIKE THE SUMMER OF 08'

Very happy I decided to stop rooting for him since, he's been bad for basketball(not from a talent display of on court ability accomplishments) but from a competitive landscape perspective on the principle reason why sports exist. Hope he never wins anything ever again

mafra

Legend
Your sentiment is why I want this to happen for NYK, more so to screw LJ than bc I want NYK to improve....LJ is trying to run another coach out of job, his choices have probably screwed NBA in the long term.... The King hasn?t made the sport better for those that followed... he used it just for his own purpose but wants everybody to believe he?s an altruistic ambassador.

Would be so sweet if AD-KD-KI are in NY while LJ is stuck with Ball and Kuzma.

I imagine no deal occurs now. Lakers will try to wait another year... call NO bluff... BOS, or some other team not named NY, will swoop in and swing a deal with no extension assurance. PG13, Kyrie, Kawhi have all been moved lately under these circumstances...

I imagine Lj?s agent... err... AD?s agent... will make it know AD will not sign extension with anybody but LA.

Broadway

All Star
Almost have to root for the Celtics to get AD by exposing through the media how great a difference the offers are in comparison to the rest of the league. We could factor by way of offer but our risk is so much greater. The Celtics need to take the approach of leaking any and everything possible