New York Knicks vs Dallas Mavericks Game Thread 3/10

Who would be the best option to run the offense through?

• Nate Robinson

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Jamal Crawford

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks(18-45) vs The Dallas Mavericks(40-23)
Mon. 3/10 at 8:30pm ET on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down tonights game against the Mavericks. The Knicks have only won 2 out of their last 8 games, most recently having loss to the Portland Trail Blazers. Nate Robinson exploded for a career high 45 points to go with 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and only 2 turnovers in 52 minutes. Plenty more on Nate Robinson coming up.

The Dallas Mavericks have been inconsistent so far since acquiring Jason Kidd. They have won 5 out of their last 10 games, looking to get an easy win tonight. Alot of people dont give the Mavericks enough credit, even though they were embarrassed in the finals by Miami 2 years ago, and embarrassed last year as a #1 seed in the 1st round, by the Warriors. Most fans think that the Mavs are a high scoring team, but they have the 7th best defense in the NBA, and the 12th best offense.

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS

The Dallas Mavericks

pg-Jason Kidd
sg-Jason Terry
sf-Josh Howard
pf-Dirk Nowitzki
C-Erick Dampier

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD NATE ROBINSON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER MALIK ROSE

*It is unknown whether or not Crawford and Z-Bo will play

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: No Key Matchup

Key Player: Nate Robinson

AAGV011-06ASGSlamDunkNo1~Nate-Robinson-Posters.jpg

p1_nater.jpg

Nate.jpg

51wfSIGgDuL._AA280_.jpg

Nate Robinson is the F*ckin Man No homo!!!!!

Nates stats vs Portland

52 minutes
45pts (16-28fg)
6rbs
6asts
2to

How do you spell Efficient? Run the offense through Nate!!!!!

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Ball Movement!!!! Dallas=7th Best team defensivley
  • Play Nate Robinson the Entire Game!!!!
  • Even if Zach is back, play Randolph Morris
  • Look to slow down Kidd immediatley, limit Dallas fastbreaks

March 11th=BIG's been gone 11 years, RIP!!!

Title: Kick in the Door
Artist: The Notorious BIG
Album: Life After Death
Year: 1997

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
For the poll, I voted for Nate Robinson. Anyone that votes for Crawford must not pay attention to standings. The Knicks are 18-45 on the season, and most of those losses come with Crawford as the number one option on offense. Crawford is a good shooting guard, but he's not someone you run the offense through. Anyways, about the game:
Lineup I think the Knicks should use:
PG-Nate Robinson
SG-Fred Jones
SF-Wilson Chandler
PF-Zach Randolph
C-Jared Jeffries(have Jeffries guard Nowitziki on defense)

Bench:
Mardy Collins, Quentin Richardson,Renaldo Balkman, David Lee and Malik Rose(he deserves a reward for how he's played these last 3 games)

I think the Knicks are going to lose. They have no defense, and they are undermanned coming into this game(no Crawford or Curry).I think the game will be close, because the Mavs have been struggling, since Acquiring Kidd and losing Devin Harris. However, they will still lose.
Prediction: Mavs 106 Knicks: 99

jzero29

Rotation player
Knicks victory! I wish

The knicks have little chance to win tonight against a championship contending Dallas. They are a tough team who have managed to head in the right direction. The KNicks right now have been playing well, despite the lack of wins. This team is more like last years team. Competitve. Sure they don't close out, but they are not getting killed either. I loved the effort against the trailblazers. I could deal with 18 wins and 45 loses as long as more often than not the games were played with the heart they played in Portland.

Ok another game and hopefully another lose comming up tonite. At this point im just hoping they lose every single game they have left so we can better our draft positioning.

Pricey

Rotation player
i put money on the Knicks due to them paying $10.45 for the win and also got Miami at $2.00 but found out Wade is out for the season so there goes my money.
Dallas will win easy, well they should anyways.
Kidd triple double

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Did you hear what Isiah Thomas said, when asked about how he felt about Curry's conditioning? Quote:"I think Curry's conditioning is not a problem."Then the media asked:"well, don't you think he should lose a few pounds?" Isiah's response:"He's been in good shape since he's been here. He's just a big man." Isiah is a corrupt politician. I've said it before, and this proves my point even further.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Did you hear what Isiah Thomas said, when asked about how he felt about Curry's conditioning? Quote:"I think Curry's conditioning is not a problem."Then the media asked:"well, don't you think he should lose a few pounds?" Isiah's response:"He's been in good shape since he's been here. He's just a big man." Isiah is a corrupt politician. I've said it before, and this proves my point even further.

Im at a loss of words, i cant even comment on that.

Official MSG33 Prediction: Mavs 118 Knicks 99

My predictions have been way off.

ABCD-I like your backcourt of Nate and Fred Jones, im not sure if you were sayin that because you heard crawford was gonna be out tonight or if you think Crawford should come off the bench, but if you were sayin it because you think crawford should come off the bench then I agree. It gives him less time to jack up shots, so maybe he would be more wise with his shot selection with less minutes. I also unfortunatly agree, Jared Jeffries is probally the best option to put on Dirk because of his length. I would also try Balkman and Chandler, even though their givin up inches they are alot more athletic then Dirk.

Kidd can't guard Nate...

Plus the Knicks seem to play better with a bunch of injuries anyway. So im gonna go ahead and predict a close game.

Knicks 96
Mavs 104

chaos147

Rookie
Guys...it's pretty obvious the knicks are trying t be the worst team on purpose..so they can get a top 10 draft pick

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hope this aint true, but stats are tellin me that the knicks only have 1 assist so far.....can they just end the game now?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks got their ass whooped! That's all I can say about that game. I liked the fact that Zach Randolph didn't show rust in his game back(21 points,14 rebounds)though. And Wilson Chandler and Randolph Morris were impressive in their limited minutes.It will be very interesting to see how the Knicks and Heat play against each other. Both teams are battling for that
#1 pick, so it will be interesting to see which team comes out on top. The Knicks are better than a Miami Heat team without Wade, so the Knicks will likely win. But being that the Knicks have just 6 road wins all year, anything is possible.I'm guessing Shawn Marion will be the Heat's interim franchise player for the rest of the season, or maybe it'll be Ricky Davis.

Toons

is the Bo$$
oh and LOL to all those who wer on he "run the offense through nate after his career high night" hahahahaha....nate is a bench player....nate...35 mins..2/14 fg, 2 assist, 2 turnovers..

Toons

is the Bo$$
abcd gonna act like he didnt see nate fold up thenn, after ur stupid comments...
PG-Nate Robinson
SG-Fred Jones
SF-Wilson Chandler
PF-Zach Randolph
C-Jared Jeffries
WTF? what is that??? not possibly the lineup if u weree coach... jefferies at center?? chandler over q.rich???? jj over dlee??? nate over jamaal?????? OBVIOUSLY U DONT WATCH GAMES.....so what nate had a good game, but he dosent average double digits in points....yeah...run ur offense thru him

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
oh and LOL to all those who wer on he "run the offense through nate after his career high night" hahahahaha....nate is a bench player....nate...35 mins..2/14 fg, 2 assist, 2 turnovers..

Im not sure why you gettin on ABCD for not watchin games when you think Crawford is a better scorer. When you watch the knicks, its easy to see that Nates a better shooter then Crawford. Hes not as turnover prone, and hes just as good of a passer. Sadly, I even think Nates a better defender then Crawford. You stated opinion, and so did I. Now its time to back my opinion with real stats. Your stats mean nothing, you gonna argue that Crawfords a better player to run the offense through then Nate, and post stats from only one game? That dont make sense. Try this:

Season Comparison
Jamal Crawford--Nate Robinson

41.5mpg--25.9mpg
41%fg--42.1fg%
34.3%3PT--34.5%3PT
2.7rpg--3.2rpg​

Nates a better shooter, this season is all ready over, so why not hand the team over to Nate for the rest of the year? He had a bad game, get off him. Crawford always has bad games, and you never say anything bad about him. Are you related to him or something?