I don't want CP3 or Howard during 2012's offseason...

moneyg

Starter
foolishness....with howard, we are garunteed a ring.

Howard
Amare
Melo
Fields
Billups

4peat

Howard is a beast.... without howard.. the magic struggled against us....

oh by the way.. whats the other star player they got in orlando?????

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer

Howard
Amare
Melo
Fields
Billups

4peat

Could not agree more with that statement. Was just being realistic. Problem is does he want to play here? Can we fit him in the salary cap? Would he take less to sign with us?

If the answer to the above questions is yes then hell yes by all means get him in a Knicks uniform.

knicksin60

Starter
If the Knicks sign Howard and Billups retires, the Knicks should consider bringing Stephon Marbury back.

Having 4 superstars on the Knicks would guarentee them a three peat.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
If the Knicks sign Howard and Billups retires, the Knicks should consider bringing Stephon Marbury back.

Having 4 superstars on the Knicks would guarentee them a three peat.

:teeth:

Rule of diminishing returns? Maybe with 5 superstars we'd have a guaranteed repeat.

STAT1

Starter
Dwight Howard is probably going to L.A. to be with Kobe. It makes too much sense. Phil Jackson already has a good game plan for Kobe/Howard cuz they won rings with kobe/shaq.

Phil Jackson will be retiring after this season.

Honestly, anyone against getting Howard is nuts. He is just beginning to round into form, and he would give us the most formidable frontline in nba history. Who needa a great pg with those three up front

KingofNy

Starter

Howard
Amare
Melo
Fields
Billups

4peat

We couldn't afford both Howard and Billups. He would be shipped off in any trade as an expiring contract whenever we got our 3rd Max contract.

KingofNy

Starter
Honestly, anyone against getting Howard is nuts. He is just beginning to round into form, and he would give us the most formidable frontline in nba history. Who needa a great pg with those three up front

In D'Antoni's system, the PG is the most important position. He said it himself. I agree though, if we can get Howard we would be dumb not to. I honestly think he's the only player I would want us to spend max money on though. No one else is worth it IMO.

In D'Antoni's system, the PG is the most important position. He said it himself. I agree though, if we can get Howard we would be dumb not to. I honestly think he's the only player I would want us to spend max money on though. No one else is worth it IMO.
No doubt abt it, pg is the most imp player in MDA's system. But as long as you find one with good range, and passing skills, we're fine. Add Howard this team wins 5 rings easy. Billups would take a pay cut to stay if Howard is brought in. Hopefully Douglas gets better at decision making. Then we would not be pressed for pg. Nash is still playing at a high level in this offense, don't see why Billups can't.

Get Howard.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No doubt abt it, pg is the most imp player in MDA's system. But as long as you find one with good range, and passing skills, we're fine. Add Howard this team wins 5 rings easy. Billups would take a pay cut to stay if Howard is brought in. Hopefully Douglas gets better at decision making. Then we would not be pressed for pg. Nash is still playing at a high level in this offense, don't see why Billups can't.

Get Howard.
I'm not for another max (although Howard does sound like a great choice and the best choice if we did), but there's definitely great minimum salary PGs out there (Iverson, T-Mac) that we could keep going a few years if we had him.

TheNYdude

Rookie
I have to disagree with the majority here. For one, I don't think STAT and Howard would work well together at all. They are somewhat similar players, even though they have different natural positions. Howard loves being under the basket, STAT loves to drive to the basket. This means Howard would constantly be leaving his "home" spot for stoudemire and vice versa.

Howard would work much better with a Bosh type 4. One who shoots and really plays better out of the paint.

Agreeing with KingofNY, we need a mastery PG in D'Antoni's system. One that can run the pick and roll as well as defend. Let Carmelo and STAT do they their thing while a guy like Paul can use both of them to their full potential.

Having D Howard, STAT, and Melo would = a hot dog isolation team with no team work, it doesnt not make STAT any better. Bring Paul or Deron to the table would make STAT and Melo both better players.

Im not usually for a big salary cap eating "3" but I just think Melo, STAT and Paul/DWill would work so well together, it would be worth sacrificing a much deeper team. Who could defend them? Are strengths would cover more of the court (1, 3, 4/5) instead of (3,4,5 with no 1 or 2).

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with this thread. As a matter of fact, I dont want Amare, Melo, and Billups. Lets trade them all for players like Crawford, Q-Rich, Lee, Frye, Duhon, and Curry. I honestly think that team could win more games especially if we keep Fields. We're off to a good start by gettin Jeffries and Balkman back, those are two key players. We just gotta get those other guys i mentioned and this team will be set to take on any team in the league. Anyone see those Frye gamewinners in overtime? This guy could save us from failure.

PS WE NEED NATE AND MARDY COLLINS BACK ON THIS TEAM ASAP (what the fukk donnie???)

I have to disagree with the majority here. For one, I don't think STAT and Howard would work well together at all. They are somewhat similar players, even though they have different natural positions. Howard loves being under the basket, STAT loves to drive to the basket. This means Howard would constantly be leaving his "home" spot for stoudemire and vice versa.

Howard would work much better with a Bosh type 4. One who shoots and really plays better out of the paint.

Agreeing with KingofNY, we need a mastery PG in D'Antoni's system. One that can run the pick and roll as well as defend. Let Carmelo and STAT do they their thing while a guy like Paul can use both of them to their full potential.

Having D Howard, STAT, and Melo would = a hot dog isolation team with no team work, it doesnt not make STAT any better. Bring Paul or Deron to the table would make STAT and Melo both better players.

Im not usually for a big salary cap eating "3" but I just think Melo, STAT and Paul/DWill would work so well together, it would be worth sacrificing a much deeper team. Who could defend them? Are strengths would cover more of the court (1, 3, 4/5) instead of (3,4,5 with no 1 or 2).

But Howard makes us a top 5 D just by showing up. And he rebounds. He solves our biggest problems on his own. And with Stats knees, one has to figure he will be soon doin more jumpers than bangin. In fact, he probably is already at that point

Howard does not have to be in the paint exclusively to be effective in this offense. He is quick enough to get points off the pnr. Alley's. Plus when Stat sits. He rlly is the best option for our money

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well, didn't think of this..., but if we did get a third max and if it doesn't work out some team would trade a couple or so good pieces for the max player.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
I agree with this thread. As a matter of fact, I dont want Amare, Melo, and Billups. Lets trade them all for players like Crawford, Q-Rich, Lee, Frye, Duhon, and Curry. I honestly think that team could win more games especially if we keep Fields. We're off to a good start by gettin Jeffries and Balkman back, those are two key players. We just gotta get those other guys i mentioned and this team will be set to take on any team in the league. Anyone see those Frye gamewinners in overtime? This guy could save us from failure.

PS WE NEED NATE AND MARDY COLLINS BACK ON THIS TEAM ASAP (what the fukk donnie???)

Sarcasm meter tingling. :D

Toons

is the Bo$$
I have to disagree with the majority here. For one, I don't think STAT and Howard would work well together at all. They are somewhat similar players,

Amare and Howard are two totally different players. Naturally Howard plays the low block. Amare plays the high post. Their positions on the floor compliment each others game if anything.

even though they have different natural positions. Howard loves being under the basket, STAT loves to drive to the basket. This means Howard would constantly be leaving his "home" spot for stoudemire and vice versa.

This makes absolutely no sense. These guys are basketball players, not robots. Amare has developed his game so much over the past two years. He has a wet mid-range shot. If the ball is in the post, and you double Howard, you have Melo, Amare, Fields and douglas open, all able to knock down the shot. Amare shoots just as much jumpers as bosh, and shoots over 50% forom the field.

If we get paul, and still get outrebounded, we lose. The Lakers didnt win a championship with a 'chris paul' type player, they did it with Gasol, Kobe, Odom, Artest, Bynum. The celtics made rondo who he is, he didnt make them. Rondo benefits mostly from his teammates. With howard, melo, stat and fields, we can make douglas into our rondo.

Who cares if it makes STAT better, it makes the knicks better. It gives the knicks the best chance to win an NBA championship. Howard brings more to the table than Paul. Size matters, and having the best centre in the NBA makes us the best team in the NBA.

Fields is our starting shooting guard. Who would play the 5? Who will help in the rebounds? Who blocks the shots? If Amare is in foul trouble, who protects the paint? Who plays the interior defense? A few more assists, and 1 or 2 more steals per game will not get us a championship. Rebounds, blocks, a former defensive player of the year, Superman Howard, will definitley complete our team more than paul will.
I hate when people just want to disagree with the majority just because....

JohnBoy11

Banned
It's been NY's goal (fans included) to land two stars for years now. We all wanted James, but walking away with both Melo & Amare has became a dream come true for the fans who have continued to dream over the past 10+ years.

You cant compare the Melo & Amare situation, to the whole adding a 3rd star debate. Every Knick fan knew we had more than enough cap space to add two max contracts. Thats been our plan for 3-5 years now...

Being realistic, we all knew, or know there was, or will be no chance to add another star. It's foolish to compare the two situations because they have no bearing on one another.

It's also foolish to throw Fields under the bus for another star. He's been our best rook since god knows when. Basketball has always been a team game, & will always be more than just offensive production. Fields has tough D, he's able to make an impact without the ball, he's an excellent off the ball player, & he's one of the best rebounders as a guard. The kid can become a championship piece, he's a winner

All this trading and signing of star players just might not work with the amount of cap space the Knicks have. Also you have to wait for the new NBA agreement.

But trading Fields + package to Orlando for possibly Howard could be a good Idea. He's from St. Pete's Florida. Also he's a big fan of that rapper Philly StacKz so its like the Jay Z effect ( similar with the Nets).

Last edited:

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth: