Words Of Wisdom

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
take life make the best out of it, its too short to think about what should've been take what you got and run with it

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Two personal Favorites.

- You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Two personal Favorites.

- You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.

Very true for both. One that goes with your sayings is:

Be a leader, not a follower

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Another one is a question i found that pretty much applies to all of the above:

Why would anyone want to fit in when they're meant to stand out?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Another one is a question i found that pretty much applies to all of the above:

Why would anyone want to fit in when they're meant to stand out?

Good one, Streetdreams. Somewhat rhetorical. But you know how it is. People want to be accepted by others. So, being a leader or standing out is not for everyone. Which is something that I am perplexed by.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
A good word of advice that I got a while back was "go to college and get your degree, because that's something that no one can take away from you". Its something that stays with you for the rest of your life. A certain title. (Accountant, engineer, professor, doctor, etc).

smokes

Huge Member
This is certainly an interesting and profound thread.

About your second question SLY, I would suggest it is probably a combination of a few things.

The first would be laziness, or the fact that it is easier to reach a medium level goal and live relatively comfortably than to work and work at getting higher on the ladder.

The second would be circumstances, you may believe everyone can attain greatness, I have not given this subject a huge amount of thought myself. However we cannot help the circumstances in which we are born, brought up etc. Those circumstances can affect our outlook on life, and what we are able to achieve.

The third would be just not believing. There are many sad or depressed people in this world, who simply do not believe they can achieve anything important with their lives. For some this is short-term, for some much longer.

I am not particularly religious myself but I agree with Knicks4lyfe that it is a lack of love and understanding in our species which holds us humans back, and not monetary.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Thanks for your input on the matter, Smokes. I know that some may see themselves in one of the situations you talked about, and hopefully they realize this and change for the better.

People do have to understand that no matter what you're situation is, you have to envision yourself attaining the better things in life. Reaching those goals and dreams that you have for yourself. There really shouldn't be any excuses. As long as you can breathe and walk, you should be able to accomplish everything you want.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
"Don't take your family for granted"

I say this because I'm not as close to all my fam as I would like to be. You should always appreciate everyone that is part of your family. You don't know when they won't be by your side. Wether its the youngest or the oldest member of your fam, try and get to know them better.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
This kinda follows up on what sly said

Never miss out on a chance of telling someone you care about how much you love them and cherish them because you never know if this is the last time you will see them....

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
This kinda follows up on what sly said

Never miss out on a chance of telling someone you care about how much you love them and cherish them because you never know if this is the last time you will see them....

Right. I've recently taken those words to heart. Funny how it takes something serious to make you realize that...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Right. I've recently taken those words to heart. Funny how it takes something serious to make you realize that...

Hm, some people just know this by heart.

But as they say, the worst moments bring out the best in us....

Or something among those lines...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I found this. Kinda sappy, but I like it.

1. Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and
ends with a tear.
2. Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you.
3. If love isn't a game, why are there so many
players?
4. Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave,
and impossible to forget.
5. You can only go as far as you push.
6. Actions speak louder than words.
7. The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love,
love somebody else.
8. Don't let the past hold you back; you're missing
the good stuff.
9. Life's short. If you don't look around once in a
while, you might miss it.
10. A best friend is like a four leaf clover: hard
to find and lucky to have.
11. If you think that the world means nothing, think
again. You might mean the world to someone else.
12. Best friends are the siblings God forgot to give us.
13. When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead,
you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
14. True friendship never ends.
15. Friends are forever.
16. Good friends are like stars......You don't always
see them, but you know they are always there.
17. Don't frown. You never know who is falling in
love with your smile.
18. What do you do when the only person who can make
you stop crying is the person who made you cry?
19. Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them.
20. Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay,
then it's not the end.
21. Most people walk in and out of you life. But
only friends leave footprints in your heart.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Short, sweet, and to the point

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Short, sweet, and to the point

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.

Good post, streetdreams. Very true for all. Freeing your heart from hatred is hard. Many people have some type of hatred. It usually is petty things that make us hate. So its always good to see beyond the small stuff.

"Give more, expect less", also hard to do. Everyone wants to come out on top. They expect to always receive, but they forget to give. You should always help others out, even if you gain nothing. You will be surprised how much you will receive in the future from your selflessness.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Good post, streetdreams. Very true for all. Freeing your heart from hatred is hard. Many people have some type of hatred. It usually is petty things that make us hate. So its always good to see beyond the small stuff.

"Give more, expect less", also hard to do. Everyone wants to come out on top. They expect to always receive, but they forget to give. You should always help others out, even if you gain nothing. You will be surprised how much you will receive in the future from your selflessness.

Yeah, thats what i try to live by every day. Of course, it aint easy, but then again, who said life was easy? Hatred..man, thats something else. Thats like what an old friend of mine back in NY once told me, "If you hold a grudge, you're only hurting yourself." Its so true, i held a grudge for seven years, not exactly a fun experience. I just fend off the urge to hold them, and i just ignore negative people. They can be a cancer to your well being.

Another, someone probably already said.
"Good things come to those who wait"

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
"In this world, there are two types of sex: intimate sex, and kinky sex. All men (and women) must try both before it don't work no mo!"

-Me