Knicks Confessions

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think this is a great time to clear the air about anything you've held in regarding the New York Knicks Franchise

no matter what, you wont be judged, except by KingStarbury

Let your feelings out men

Here's mine

as odd as it might seem I gotta be honest and say I NEVER, EVER liked Patrick Ewing's game, just never thought he was that good, idk why but he never did anything that stuck out to me

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
i was like maybe 6-7 sitting watching espn with my dad and i hear "marcus camby traded to denver" i got so upset and also, i believe Felton will turn out to be a steal signing for us.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Sometimes I look into Tyson's eyes, and wonder what marvellous creator sculpted his crystal clear, watery blue wonders. I would love to stroke his beard in the winter sun and hold his hand as we wrote in our diaries about life and our feelings for each other and walked off gracefully into the sunset together. (Not srs)

In all honesty though, sometimes when I'm at the gym I pretend i'm Ewing or Starks, and that if I completed the next painful rep we win the championship. Lame way to motivate yourself but hey, it gets results.

KingCharles34

All Star
I cried back in 95 i think it was, when the Pacers eliminated us. I was only 8

After Camby got traded i almost became a Magic fan, I think Ewing was with them at the time. But i stayed with the Knicks

Starks was overrated

pat

Starter
as odd as it might seem I gotta be honest and say I NEVER, EVER liked Patrick Ewing's game, just never thought he was that good, idk why but he never did anything that stuck out to me

I'd very much like to shout BLASPHEMY!!!

Try to bear in mind how old he was already when numbers 8 and 1 where taped. Until I see any of our current roster players to show that much passion and doing something like this to the Heat's star player, I will remain nostalgic.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Time for a lesson!!!

WHAT!?

How old are you, CA7? I doubt you've seen a lot of Ewing's games.

A back to the basket, ball dominating offensive game. Mid range beast and the focal of his team's offence. Not in approach or method, but in dominating the rock, Ewing and Melo share similarities. Out of the 2, one was far more successful than the other in terms of achievement.

In the 89-90 season - when you were presumably 2-5 years old - Ewing had a season that eclipses what you see in the modern game, whilst playing in a far more physically demanding and less officiated game against the league in its prime.

28.6PPG - 4BPG - 2.2APG - 10.9RPG - .55FG% and didn't miss a game all season. Was named All NBA 1st Centre alongside Malone, Barkley, Jordan and Magic.

Not to even mention his 5 All NBA second team selections.

One thing you could always rely on with Ewing, as has never been the case with Melo, was a commitment to defence. 3 All Defensive 2nd Team Awards

How can you so avidly defend Melo and not show the required appreciation for the greatest Knick in history.

Ridiculous.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
My Knick confession is that throughout all of the starts Melo and STAT have made together, this team still has a sub .500 win margin.

Other than that, the past is the past.

Oh, and Dolan is a f*ckwit.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;248009 said:
WHAT!?

How old are you, CA7? I doubt you've seen a lot of Ewing's games.

A back to the basket, ball dominating offensive game. Mid range beast and the focal of his team's offence. Not in approach or method, but in dominating the rock, Ewing and Melo share similarities. Out of the 2, one was far more successful than the other in terms of achievement.

In the 89-90 season - when you were presumably 2-5 years old - Ewing had a season that eclipses what you see in the modern game, whilst playing in a far more physically demanding and less officiated game against the league in its prime.

28.6PPG - 4BPG - 2.2APG - 10.9RPG - .55FG% and didn't miss a game all season. Was named All NBA 1st Centre alongside Malone, Barkley, Jordan and Magic.

Not to even mention his 5 All NBA second team selections.

One thing you could always rely on with Ewing, as has never been the case with Melo, was a commitment to defence. 3 All Defensive 2nd Team Awards

How can you so avidly defend Melo and not show the required appreciation for the greatest Knick in history.

Ridiculous.

I respect his numbers and passion most definitely but he just always left me wanting more I can only defend Melo but so much but his career is still going on and he's in his prime but Pat idk after that 94 Finals I was just left with nothing

KingCharles34

All Star
I have a confession...i'd like to give a shout out to the three ferry boy gay ambassadors that got my thread locked.

It was supposed to just be a funny thread, but

Fat Elvis (Fat says it all, dude dont respect himself)
SweetDreams (Dudes wrist is more broken then Chris Bosh's)
Gaynyce (The leader of the gay ambassadors)

These three right here came in to my thread acting supersensitive. So thanks fellas for ruining my thread. Just to let u know I wont be conforming to the faggotry that goes on in the world today.

I promise to neg rep u guys everytime i reup on rep, have a great life together

TakMan

Rotation player
Yes ok. I was a Seattle Sonics fan until they ceased to exist. I then switched to the Knicks as they were the second team I connected with. I've gotta say, If the Sonics return to the NBA, I've got to revert to supporting them.Having said that, as things stand, I'm enjoying watching the Knicks gradually develop into a top team in the East.

KingCharles34

All Star
Back to my regular confessions,

I always thought we had a problem with Sprewell and Houston. The problem was that while Spree managed to do a great job against other SF's, i still always thought he was more suited for the 2 guard position and that we woulda been a better team had we moved sprewell or Houston for a more natural small forward

CoolClyde

this is a blast from the past, but i always thought Pat Riley made a huge mistake
not playing Anthony Bonner in the 1994 finals, until it was too late.
Bonner was one of the best energy players off the bench, and really made his presence felt,
but Riley decided to go with a small rotation instead.

btw, starting a thread just to bash Ewing is definitely Knicks blasphemy.
Loco Ochos already said it all, Patrick set the bar to which every Knick since
should live up to, if not all centers.

if not for a missed finger roll, the Knicks could very well have won the 94 finals.

just lame man, totally lame. d*cklicking Melo, and hating on Pat. tsk!

i'd also like to confess that the loss of Sprewell and Camby took the air out of
my entire being, and I've hated Jimmy Dolan ever since. especially with the whole JLin fiasco.

final confession, i'm in love with Walt "Clyde" Frazier (semi-homo). The man
embodies cool, both in his phenomenal career and his post-player broadcasting career.

I feel blessed to be able to hear him broadcast every game he works with his
style, intelligence, sense of humor, and love of Knicks basketball.

CA7

Scoring Champ
this is a blast from the past, but i always thought Pat Riley made a huge mistake
not playing Anthony Bonner in the 1994 finals, until it was too late.
Bonner was one of the best energy players off the bench, and really made his presence felt,
but Riley decided to go with a small rotation instead.

btw, starting a thread just to bash Ewing is definitely Knicks blasphemy.
Loco Ochos already said it all, Patrick set the bar to which every Knick since
should live up to, if not all centers.

if not for a missed finger roll, the Knicks could very well have won the 94 finals.

just lame man, totally lame. d*cklicking Melo, and hating on Pat. tsk!

i'd also like to confess that the loss of Sprewell and Camby took the air out of
my entire being, and I've hated Jimmy Dolan ever since. especially with the whole JLin fiasco.

final confession, i'm in love with Walt "Clyde" Frazier (semi-homo). The man
embodies cool, both in his phenomenal career and his post-player broadcasting career.

I feel blessed to be able to hear him broadcast every game he works with his
style, intelligence, sense of humor, and love of Knicks basketball.

I didnt start this thread to bash Ewing, I just said I was never a fan of his, idky even guys like LeBron, Wade, hell it took me a while to like Kobe

my fav players were always

Penny
Iverson
Carmelo

I'm now following Andrew Wiggins' career maybe its just preference and I aint dicklicking Melo so take the homo **** to the Bosh thread

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I like the New Jersey Nets because they were my home town team and I've always lived here.

I was torn the last season or two when Nash played the Knicks because I knew every loss for the Suns meant it being harder for Nash making the Playoffs when I felt the Knicks would.

CoolClyde

I didnt start this thread to bash Ewing, I just said I was never a fan of his, idky even guys like LeBron, Wade, hell it took me a while to like Kobe

my fav players were always

Penny
Iverson
Carmelo

I'm now following Andrew Wiggins' career maybe its just preference and I aint dicklicking Melo so take the homo **** to the Bosh thread

you're not qualified to comment on Ewing's game, you were probably a baby when he was in his prime. toot!