TIRED CHI beats up on RESTED NYK - BOS wins by ? (+/- 11 points)

mafra

Legend
What a joke.

“It could have gone either way,” Anthony said. “We have to pat ourselves on the back for something. We played hard tonight.”

image.jpg

Sure Carmelo. Keep telling yourself that.

"The loss was the Knicks’ fourth in their last five games. Chicago improved to a conference best 19-6 while playing their fourth game in five nights and despite going without Luol Deng and Richard Hamilton."

Meanwhile, the Knicks came home from HOU on Sat night. Had Sun and Mon off, beat up on DET and had Wed off. Practically a mini vacation... quasi ASB... And they come out vs a tired team and trail buzzer to buzzer? We should have blow them out of the gym in the first quarter. Instead we trailed 29-25 & then 55-44. WHAT? A shorthanded team traveling, having played the night before and playing its 4th game in 5 nights? This was our 2nd in 5 nights.

Carmelo feels this was a positive win? If healthy and rested, CHI beats us by 30 points.

This is a moral victory? Screw these losers.

Knicks fell to 4-7 at home this season. 8-14 overall.

BOS will find a way to beat us. Perhaps Camarshmellow has another clunker. Like last night, man was CA terrible in the 4th. Clanked shots, missed 3s, has layup after layup blocked. Dude scored 1 basket and then was happy to shoot 2 meaningless free throws... Capped off by a terrible heave w/ 2 seconds left on the clock.

Yeah, we're having issues closing games. It bega about 7 minute mark when Douglas walked up the court, tried to make a stupid pass and just handed it to the guy gaurding him, as he lazily lobbed it right into his man's arms. TURNOVER. Then, the next possession, our spaz rookie goes 1 on 1 w/ himself, almost steals ball from himself, and then fades back and takes a foolish, ill-advised shot. AIRBALL. Then we come back and Carmelo clanks a wide open look, Tyson get rebound and feeds him the ball and then he bricks a 3 early in the shot clock. Finally, we came back down and Amar'e misses a shot, and then Carmelo gets a layup blocked, and then Gibson blocks another layup.

The game went from in doubt to CHI for sure. NOt lovely offese.

Carmelo wanted the pressure. Forces us to gut the team. So he must take the blame. Simple as that. I don't want to hear about moral victories.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
What a joke.

?It could have gone either way,? Anthony said. ?We have to pat ourselves on the back for something. We played hard tonight.?

image.jpg

Sure Carmelo. Keep telling yourself that.

"The loss was the Knicks? fourth in their last five games. Chicago improved to a conference best 19-6 while playing their fourth game in five nights and despite going without Luol Deng and Richard Hamilton."

Meanwhile, the Knicks came home from HOU on Sat night. Had Sun and Mon off, beat up on DET and had Wed off. Practically a mini vacation... quasi ASB... And they come out vs a tired team and trail buzzer to buzzer? We should have blow them out of the gym in the first quarter. Instead we trailed 29-25 & then 55-44. WHAT? A shorthanded team traveling, having played the night before and playing its 4th game in 5 nights? This was our 2nd in 5 nights.

Carmelo feels this was a positive win? If healthy and rested, CHI beats us by 30 points.

This is a moral victory? Screw these losers.

Knicks fell to 4-7 at home this season. 8-14 overall.

BOS will find a way to beat us. Perhaps Camarshmellow has another clunker. Like last night, man was CA terrible in the 4th. Clanked shots, missed 3s, has layup after layup blocked. Dude scored 1 basket and then was happy to shoot 2 meaningless free throws... Capped off by a terrible heave w/ 2 seconds left on the clock.

Yeah, we're having issues closing games. It bega about 7 minute mark when Douglas walked up the court, tried to make a stupid pass and just handed it to the guy gaurding him, as he lazily lobbed it right into his man's arms. TURNOVER. Then, the next possession, our spaz rookie goes 1 on 1 w/ himself, almost steals ball from himself, and then fades back and takes a foolish, ill-advised shot. AIRBALL. Then we come back and Carmelo clanks a wide open look, Tyson get rebound and feeds him the ball and then he bricks a 3 early in the shot clock. Finally, we came back down and Amar'e misses a shot, and then Carmelo gets a layup blocked, and then Gibson blocks another layup.

The game went from in doubt to CHI for sure. NOt lovely offese.

Carmelo wanted the pressure. Forces us to gut the team. So he must take the blame. Simple as that. I don't want to hear about moral victories.

When Dantonio gets fired he can look in the mirror and ask himself the question " Why did I keep going with Tony Douglas " ?

again love TD's hustle and determination but he is playing like crap and should sit...

TakMan

Rotation player
Bit over the top don't you think? I sincerely believe yesterday's game was decided by the refs. 29 FT's shot by the Bulls compared to 14 by the Knicks. No way were there that many actual fouls committed. The Knicks put in a good team performance last night. Wasn't too pleased with the way they defended Rose (or didn't defend) and I do think that if this guy was playing in the 90's he wouldn't score more that 10-11 ppg. But we're living in an era of basketball decline so average players will appear starlike. If the Knicks produce yesterday's performance, against the Celtics, they will win.

mafra

Legend
Bit over the top don't you think? I sincerely believe yesterday's game was decided by the refs. 29 FT's shot by the Bulls compared to 14 by the Knicks. No way were there that many actual fouls committed. The Knicks put in a good team performance last night. Wasn't too pleased with the way they defended Rose (or didn't defend) and I do think that if this guy was playing in the 90's he wouldn't score more that 10-11 ppg. But we're living in an era of basketball decline so average players will appear starlike. If the Knicks produce yesterday's performance, against the Celtics, they will win.

Fields continued to show he's emerging once again as a player. Shumpert had 8 assists. Ama're looked great. But Carmelo choked again. As DEN fans, for every game winning shot Carmelo sinks he blows about 4-5 games with pathetic play in the 4th. He's a closer. Stars finish games. Anthony was a ghost last night when the game hung in the balance. Simple as that.

Last night, Carmelo scored 26 points on 26 shots. He was 0-4 from three. When he shoots almost as many 3s as foul shots... BAD! Meanwhile, last night Gallinari scored 21 points on 10 shots.

There were times Ama're should have been given teh AND-1 whistle. Sure. But, for the most part, we don't earn fouls b/c we shoot the ball and do everything we can to stay mor than 24 ft away from the basket.

Bottom line is the game was close with about 7 minutes in the 4th. This is supposed to be Carmelo's time. But as we're finding out, take a 10 game sample and Carmelo will take over and win 3 of those games, he'll be a non factor in anohter 3 and he'll shoot you into a loss the other 4.

Had CA just signed here as a free agent, we have Gallo as our 6th man (not DOuglas). Mozgov is playing instead of Jeffries.

I understand Douglas & Jeffries wouldnt be on any other NBA roster right now. We're stuck with them. I have no idea why either of them are on the court ni the 4th q.

Still, how many baskets did Carmelo score in the 4th last night?

TakMan

Rotation player
Fields continued to show he's emerging once again as a player. Shumpert had 8 assists. Ama're looked great. But Carmelo choked again. As DEN fans, for every game winning shot Carmelo sinks he blows about 4-5 games with pathetic play in the 4th. He's a closer. Stars finish games. Anthony was a ghost last night when the game hung in the balance. Simple as that.

Last night, Carmelo scored 26 points on 26 shots. He was 0-4 from three. When he shoots almost as many 3s as foul shots... BAD! Meanwhile, last night Gallinari scored 21 points on 10 shots.

There were times Ama're should have been given teh AND-1 whistle. Sure. But, for the most part, we don't earn fouls b/c we shoot the ball and do everything we can to stay mor than 24 ft away from the basket.

Bottom line is the game was close with about 7 minutes in the 4th. This is supposed to be Carmelo's time. But as we're finding out, take a 10 game sample and Carmelo will take over and win 3 of those games, he'll be a non factor in anohter 3 and he'll shoot you into a loss the other 4.

Had CA just signed here as a free agent, we have Gallo as our 6th man (not DOuglas). Mozgov is playing instead of Jeffries.

I understand Douglas & Jeffries wouldnt be on any other NBA roster right now. We're stuck with them. I have no idea why either of them are on the court ni the 4th q.

Still, how many baskets did Carmelo score in the 4th last night?

Anthony is a big question mark this season. I can understand that he's been playing injured but that should mean him taking fewer shots not more. I wasn't' referring so much to the calls the Knicks didn't get as much as the calls the Bulls got. Some refs have pet players which they like to appease. Players like Rose and Wade are almost guaranteed to get a call if they drive to the basket and miss. Chandler's Technical was silly also but that was never a foul from Jeffries on the play. Fields has been exceptional the past couple of games. Anthony needs to step it up. Stoudamire was the beast of old last night. He will be key tonight.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Anthony is a big question mark this season. I can understand that he's been playing injured but that should mean him taking fewer shots not more. I wasn't' referring so much to the calls the Knicks didn't get as much as the calls the Bulls got. Some refs have pet players which they like to appease. Players like Rose and Wade are almost guaranteed to get a call if they drive to the basket and miss. Chandler's Technical was silly also but that was never a foul from Jeffries on the play. Fields has been exceptional the past couple of games. Anthony needs to step it up. Stoudamire was the beast of old last night. He will be key tonight.

Knicks haven't got the calls since the mid 70s. It just orks me that our stars (Ewing to Stoudemire) dont get hometown whistles. Oh well.

I can see BOS beating us easily tonight.

This team will struggle to get to 30 wins this season.

mafra

Legend
The Daily reported Wednesday that Knicks owner James Dolan had gotten it in his head to fire D?Antoni if his team lost the first two of this three-games-in-three-nights stretch, and would pick tomorrow to do it to bury the news amid the hoopla of the Giants? Super Bowl appearance. The Post has reported D?Antoni likely will survive past Sunday, but time is running short to save his job

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/down_to_go_VTRLO3bR1qGriqN8H3dN7O#ixzz1lKOEzM00

knicksin60

Starter
We waited two years to see the 2010 plan unfold so that we could be further behind than where we were in 2008. I don't even know how the Knicks still have fans.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Can we please just team up the best pick-and-roll PG in the league with two of the best pick-and-roll finishers in the league and go compete for a championship? Let go. This team is not going to ever win a championship with the current roster. No matter who you put at coach.

Melo + Shumpert + Douglas for DWill + Morrow + Farmar

DWill is averaging 20.5 pts and 8.5 assists this year with hardly any good finishers and under Avery Johnson's slowed down system. He made Boozer an All-Star. Can you imagine what he would do with Amare and Chandler?

Morrow is averaging 13.6 pts on 43% 3-pt shooting. The kind of shooter you need to create spacing for the pick-and-roll to run most effectively. And finally Jordan Farmar as the backup PG we desperately need.

Wargames

Starter
Rondo owns TD but shump gave him some problems past time. Idk Boston are not the best team right now so in my mind it's in the air.

Can we please just team up the best pick-and-roll PG in the league with two of the best pick-and-roll finishers in the league and go compete for a championship? Let go. This team is not going to ever win a championship with the current roster. No matter who you put at coach.

Melo + Shumpert + Douglas for DWill + Morrow + Farmar

DWill is averaging 20.5 pts and 8.5 assists this year with hardly any good finishers and under Avery Johnson's slowed down system. He made Boozer an All-Star. Can you imagine what he would do with Amare and Chandler?

Morrow is averaging 13.6 pts on 43% 3-pt shooting. The kind of shooter you need to create spacing for the pick-and-roll to run most effectively. And finally Jordan Farmar as the backup PG we desperately need.

That Nike video is very impressive LJ4ptplay!

When did they shoot it?

D-Will is a true franchise PG, one that we desperately need.

Melo is a good player, but I'd trade him in a heartbeat for Deron.

He'd be the perfect PG for New York, tough, strong, unflappable and ultra talented. He also has true grit. Perfect PG for us.

If I didn't knew he's frm Dallas, I'd say he's a typical NYC PG (with a better jumpshot than most NY PGs).

Normally I don't like to do it at all, but I say let's break the bank for him either this month or in the summer.

I want him, he's a true (albeit underrated) superstar. He's better than Melo and Stoudemire. I see a champion when I look at Deron Williams and the best thing about him is he comes without all the celebrity bullshit.

He's my type of player and I think he could become one of my all time favourite Knicks.