Game thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 12/1/2018

mafra

Legend
Vonleh?s defensive effort on Ante was great. Robinson controlled the paint when he entered in OT.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits DNP coaches decision according to Fiz. He loved Nits cheer leading off the bench. I'd keep Nits off the floor given how important offense was needed in this win. Dots did a decent job on Freak in defending him on that last play in regulation.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 12

Kiyaman

Legend
And this is the reason I dislike Mudiay. He's a dumb basketball player. Offensive foul, Turnover and 1 out of 2 free throws in crunch time.

Mudiay's offensive decision-making aint great but it will improve this season through all the playing time Fizdale will give him.
Fiz need Dotson & Mudiay's witty defensive effort in the lineup to cover-up for Timmy.
Tonight, Mudiay had a B+ Grade-Game creating 7 Dimes !!!

mafra

Legend
You forgive Mudiay for those few mistakes bc he was the reason we had a chance.

The kid is only 22.... there was a reason he was one of the top recruits in his HS class.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mudiay and Knox were special down the stretch. Mudiay especially. He couldn?t be stopped... 3s, midrange, penetration.

We all just need to chill and relax and watch how this team performs this season before we make sweeping judgements.

I am positive Mudiay and Vonleh are part of Perry/Fiz future plans. These 2 look like steals... just imagine what they look like with KP and a max free agent.

You could add my two rookies Iso-Zo and MitchRob to the bunch .. two more season of playing time, and Trier/Robinson's performance will be 50 times their pay grade.

Paul1355

All Star
Great game. Mudiay is having a resurrection of a year, Dotson is finally emerging and needs to play consistent minutes over hezonja, and Knox finally had a good game as a rookie.

Cons: Hardaway did everything to ruin this game for us between his terrible **** selection, costly turnovers and bad defense I was begging coach to pull the plug. I just don?t see him as the future as he?s too volatile.

For the future: Dotson and Knox need to be cosistently in the rotation and hezonjas minutes need to be scaled down. Mudiay is the starting pg until further notice.

Question: Frank dnp mean he?s on the block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimkcchief88

All Star
Can y'all believe I missed every minute of this game? Mudiay has been a part of every Knick classic this yr and he's played like a STAR. Man I felt so alone defending and trying to praise him and he produces his best moments of his career at The Garden. I can't imagine what he feels like, has to be an unreal feeling that can't be matched. I'm near tears just watching some of the highlight clips

Lo-key I wanted Mudiay before KP now we got’em both!

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I was trying to tell y?all Knox was a baller lit a great SEC Conference last season we hit on that pick...Let Fredric Knitsjr keep cheerleading from the BENCH and give Dot those minutes. Nice win send those cats back here to the Milltown with a hot L on Chief

mafra

Legend
As could be expected, Giannis Antetokounmpo was not pleased after Mario Hezonja dunked on him and then stepped over him during Saturday night's Knicks win over the Bucks.

"'I'm going to punch him in the nuts next time," Antetokounmpo said after the game, according to Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, who said the comment was not made as a joke.

tiger0330

Legend
As could be expected, Giannis Antetokounmpo was not pleased after Mario Hezonja dunked on him and then stepped over him during Saturday night's Knicks win over the Bucks.

"'I'm going to punch him in the nuts next time," Antetokounmpo said after the game, according to Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, who said the comment was not made as a joke.
Ironically that highlight play were the only points Mario scored all night. One play every couple of games isn't going to get him another deal in the NBA, Hezonja better step it up.

That is an all-time great post game quote from Ante.

mafra

Legend
Theknicksblog

A day after getting bashed (along with Kevin Knox) by unnamed Knicks officials, Frank Ntilikina was benched during Saturday night's win against the Bucks at Madison Square Garden.

But Ntilikina says he's not frustrated by being nailed to the bench.

"It's not frustration," Ntilikina said after the game, according to Peter Botte of the New York Post. "I think it's motivation because as a competitor you want to be out there on the court to help your team. My job and my mindset is to keep working harder to be able to get back on the court.

"Of course as players everybody wants to play. ? I'm just going to stay positive for [my teammates]. All I want is our team to be successful."

Ntilikina sitting on Saturday night was a bit perplexing since the Knicks lost Trey Burke for the game in the first quarter.

Despite benching Ntilikina, head coach David Fizdale says he isn't in the "dungeon" and that he would turn to Ntilikina again "in no time."

"Coach's decision, but as you could see with these guys, none of them are ever in the dungeon," Fizdale said after the game. "[Ntilikina] was the example of my postgame speech because if you watched our bench tonight, he was the most energetic, the first one up, the first one rooting guys on, the one making sure people knew what they were supposed to do coming out of timeouts."

Ntilikina has struggled badly this season, and his offensive output has been abysmal at times.

The 20-year-old is averaging 5.9 points in 23 games (identical to what he averaged during his rookie season in 2017-18) and 2.7 assists (down from the 3.2 he averaged in 17-18).

Ntilikina has also been the subject of trade rumors, with the Grizzlies and Suns reportedly interested.

tiger0330

Legend
We will see the next few games. With Trey being out it should mean Nits at least gets some minutes as the backup PG. If Fiz still keeps him on the bench and goes with Zo as the backup PG or Fiz goes with a THJ and Dotson as the backcourt then I think you can expect a deal for him or they send him down to the GLeague.

Kiyaman

Legend
Big defensive play by MitchRob .... so many Knick players stepped up their level of performance in the game vs the high scoring Bucks for a Knick WIN!
The Knicks cut their rotation to 9 players, and young-core Stars were born on the court of MSG last night !!!

Combo-guard Trier were finally able to play the backup PG position as his main duty on court.
PG Mudiay were given the 30 minute starter PG duty.

SG Timmy had a career high 8 ast.
SG Dotson 2-Way performance had the deadly touches in both crunch-times to put us above competition.

SF Mario made some decent plays, especially the Dunk over Giannis.
SF Knox 26 pts, 4 rb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk at the age of 19 turned critique expectation, plus Bucks scouting report.

PF-Vonleh 15 pts, 5 rb, 1 ast, on 6-6 fg shooting, plus the 6 win-win hard `fouls are a long term KEEPER!

F/C Robinson defensive impact in the paint were simply Dynamic for the Win!

C Kanter gave us the big-body in the paint.

The 9 Man rotation that turned heads ..
David Fizdale .. how about just rolling out a consistent rotation?